Operations Bridge Overview

Operations Bridge is the #9 ranked solution in our list of top Event Monitoring tools. It is most often compared to Micro Focus Operations Manager: Operations Bridge vs Micro Focus Operations Manager

What is Operations Bridge?

Micro Focus Operations Bridge provides the ability to sense, analyze and adapt to manage IT services that support digital business. With advanced event correlation, log intelligence, predictive analytics and automation you can remediate issues across all your technologies to prioritize business targets. Micro Focus Operations Bridge consolidates events, metrics, and topology from Micro Focus and 3rd party data collectors, applies correlation across these using a dynamically updated IT service model to accelerate root cause determination and will trigger automatic remediation.

Operations Bridge is also known as Micro Focus Operations Bridge, HPE Ops Bridge, HPE Operations Bridge.

Download the Event Monitoring Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Operations Bridge Customers

GE Money Bank, Bank AlJazira, Tech Mahindra

Operations Bridge Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Senior Technical Pre-Sales Consultant / Project Manager (BSM) at Serviceberry Technologies
The biggest strength is its consolidation of events from various sources

What is our primary use case?

Organizations using multiple tools for monitoring their infrastructure, namely storage, UPS, etc. rely on multiple consoles to view the events from respective elements to manage consoles. This causes delay in isolating the fault. OMi helps in the consolidation of events on a single dashboard from several sources via the available APIs.

• "Flexible dashboard with the availability of widgets."
  • "Remove the dependency of Java technology. This is a feature used for admin purposes to update the modeling."

What other advice do I have?

Implementation of Micro Focus Operations Bridge will need a long-term perspective while solving today's problem.
Sr. Systems Management Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
All events can be seen on single screen and they integrate well with other products

What is our primary use case?

* To monitor the complete IT infrastructure. * To consolidate various products into one and various screen NOC were using to monitor the environments into one single screen, so they can act quickly on the issues and resolve the issue faster. * Correlate the events from servers, network switches, routers, and present single or few events with the help of correlation techniques stream-based event correlation and topology based event correlations to reduce number of events, so NOC can find root cause more quickly and help with the ROI. * Migration from Operations Manager of Linux to Operation… more »

• "It has the capability to display overall health of the infrastructure and is very useful for executive reports on the health of the infrastructure."
  • "pology-based event correlation does not work well with NNM events."

What other advice do I have?

The product is great, but it could be improved.
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Microsoft, BMC and others in Event Monitoring. Updated: May 2021.
501,499 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Consultant Cloud & Automatisation Open-Source at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
We are able to better identify the root cause of an incident using the solution, but the implementation could be improved

What is our primary use case?

Monitoring our hybrid infrastructure, where we have AWS, GCP, and on-premise. Also, the container monitoring was a good point.

• "The preloaded rules and ways to monitor your systems are a must."
  • "Implementation could be improved."
OpsBridge Specialist at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
The most valuable feature is the event correlation. It's a revelation for us.
Group lead at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
It centralizes alerts, events, and topology-based statistics to a centralized view.

• "From our monitoring perspective or from a visibility perspective, HPE UCMDB is a must have. It's an amazing piece of software."
  • "Reporting has to be tackled a bit more. Conceptually, it is there and conceptually it is amazing, but somehow the module itself is suffering."
Oss manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Runs and manages different kinds of technologies, operating systems, and management packs.

• "Purely, its flexibility is the most valuable aspect. It is hugely configurable."
  • "The latest versions of the service reporting dashboards need improvement, such as service modeling."
DB
System Specialist with 11-50 employees
Transparency shows us where we still have to add things that we don't have under our control yet.
Systems Management, Technical Specialist HP BSM/BAC at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
The ability to integrate directly with the RIPM on top of DSM is useful. The IIS configuration definitely needs to be improved.

What other advice do I have?

For people doing this for the first time, if you have support from HPE, use it. Milk it. Use your FlexCare points and grab somebody. You might sail straight through. If it works, and you do not have any problems with that, then maybe you're fine.
Technology Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
A practical solution that takes different inputs from our operations and transforms them into unified, actionable events that can be automated.

What other advice do I have?

If you're researching this solution or something very close to it, before you begin implementation and the careful planning, look into your CMDB and data structures. Figure out what CIs and what information in your configuration management database you actually need to orchestrate monitoring and to orchestrate the views from the events that you get. Having too much information makes it impossible to test the solution, and not having enough doesn't give you the functionality you need.
OA
Head of OSS and Services Division at TE Data
We moved from looking at our network as a resource to it being a service.
IaaS Manager with 1,001-5,000 employees
You can correlate certain systems with each other along with applications. 3PAR monitoring requires a third-party solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise them to check this product out and to have a good look at it because we think it is a valuable system. It is important to keep in mind the amount of work involved in setting it up. It is a lot of work because you need to have your agents installed on your machines, so it takes some time before everything is running like you want it to. For example, we have a license for 4,000 agents now. We use about a 3/4th of that number at the moment. Hence, its installation is intensive but once it is installed, it's fine. There is no out-of-the-box support for HPE products. We have the…
Product Line Manager at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Dashboards enabled us to get more insight and produce reports. Stability and scalability should be improved.

What other advice do I have?

Plan right.
Global IT Operations - Quality & Process Manager at Schlumberger
Automates repetitive tasks. Decreases time to fix problems and identify their root cause.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor, look at the roadmap. Look at how the product is going to evolve over time. Very often, we make the mistake of only looking at the current features and not what's out there and what is going to be there in three to five years or more from now. Plan long-term and not short-term. This is not a short journey. It's definitely at least a five to ten-year journey to change the operations mode. HPE has a reputation as a modern leader in this domain. They have a proven track record.
General Manager Strategic Programs at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It correlates events across networks, servers, and applications across our infrastructure.

What other advice do I have?

Remember that Operations Bridge can do a lot, but it's fairly complex to get started with. It means getting people to adopt the product significantly for them to be able to maximize that kind of investment. Once it is in there, it's extremely robust. The kind of value it can provide to the business would be significant. It should be maximized by all businesses, so go ahead and invest in the suite itself for the enterprise. I think HPE has a fairly good roadmap. They're taking advantage of the kind of movements that are happening in the cloud. Going hybrid IT means being able to bring the best…
Enterprise Management Consultant at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Identifies IT issues before they cause outages. Setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise them to look at their infrastructure and think very carefully about what they need. Only buy what they need, and start small and build up. I've seen so many projects and programs fail because they tried to deliver too much too quickly. And even with the might of HPE and HPE's contractors and the whole of HPE, we still have problems with a huge implementation of trying to bite off too much too soon. So I would advise to find out what you need, try and build on it. Get that foundation and level of understanding and eye out the problems as you go. Rather than trying to put…
Principal, Enterprise Applications at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
The data model and the data flow is pretty good - it adds value for an organization with complex infrastructure.

What other advice do I have?

As with anything, it's not just a tool and switching it on. They need to realize that it's a journey with a lot of challenges. Especially organizationally, it's not only about putting something in to existing systems; it’s also the desire to be compliant in organizational departments; it's invisibility of infrastructure because of security reasons or appliances that don't allow access. There's a lot of challenges organizationally that, even though you have the best software, you're still going to have to put a lot of effort in. Overall advice is that if you do this, you need to commit and to…
Senior Consultant and Solutions Architect with 501-1,000 employees
Whether it's a server, network, application, or resource, issue, it emphasizes it and gives you tools to troubleshoot and resolve it.

What other advice do I have?

You have to have an IT operations background, be familiar with the processes of IT operations, have that type of mind-set. A lot of technologies are based on previous HPE technologies, so some history with HP's legacy products helps. Even though this is a new product, that's always helpful. I think it's ability to bring in obviously the HP products into one place, gives you a meaningful lens, meaningful correlations, and the ability to process and to take on third-party data, event streams, and metrics. Bringing it all together and it being not as complex as building your own integrations from…
BD
System Architect at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
You can see all information required in a single pane. There are a lot of growing pains.

What other advice do I have?

The potential of what the product can do is amazing once you figure out how to do it. The latest release, I guess it's 10/11, of those 57 tickets I've opened up, I would say probably 50 of them have already been corrected in that version. It's becoming a much more stable version. Hold off on it a little while. Wait for the next major release and hopefully all of the issues that have created a nightmare for me will be resolved. Even though they said it was out for over a year, it was not a product ready for release.
ESM Department Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The main advantage is the reporting capability and ability to work with non-HP vendors.

What other advice do I have?

I am from an integration company and I'm not obligated to any vendor and I recommend HP.
ITSM & BSA Team Leader at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
It takes events and topologies and shows you the health and performance of your business services.

What other advice do I have?

Compared to other products on the market today, I think it's the best in terms of architecture and capabilities. Like every product, it has its issues, but at the end of the day, it provides its users with business value.
Head of Monitoring Transformation and Operations at Vodafone
We're able to transform multiple monitoring teams into one working off one console instead of several.

What other advice do I have?

I think HP gives you everything you need, but they are not agile and innovative enough. They are following market trends, but others are more innovative. In terms of the products out there, they often the 2nd best, but in terms of the overall offering combined with the support we receive, they are number one. They listen to their customers well and adapt and change accordingly.
Product Categories
Event Monitoring
Download our free Event Monitoring Report and find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Microsoft, BMC, and more!