Oracle Access Manager Overview

Oracle Access Manager is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Access Management tools. It is most often compared to Okta Workforce Identity: Oracle Access Manager vs Okta Workforce Identity

What is Oracle Access Manager?
Oracle Access Manager delivers risk-aware end-to-end user authentication, single sign-on, and authorization protection, enabling enterprises to secure access from mobile devices and seamlessly integrate social identities with applications.
Oracle Access Manager Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle Access Manager Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Oracle Access Manager Customers
SekerBank, University of Melbourne
Oracle Access Manager Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Access Manager pricing:
  • "Can be expensive as a solution."

Oracle Access Manager Reviews

reviewer1274595
IT Security Consultant at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Feb 13, 2020
Has the ability to customize it with your own code but is too complex for most uses

What is our primary use case?

The reason why we started using the product was that it was used by one of our customers. The customer called us to help protect access to their online banking website. Oracle Access Manager handles the login process for them so that the bank's customers can get access to their online bank accounts.

• "The product allows customization via custom code."
  • "The product was built to be scalable."
  • "The technical support is not very good at all."
  • "The product is complicated and difficult to install and configure."
  • "There are problems with stability."

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I would give to people who are beginning to work with this solution is that it is a good idea to consult the Oracle documentation. Oracle products tend to come with a lot of documentation and there is more available in their other resources. I think that it is worth spending the time to study the documentation is very important, and it is time well spent. Making the effort to study the product can reveal features that you were not already aware of or make you understand better ways to approach a problem, use a feature, or maybe avoid bothering with the technical support. Thereā€¦
Consult344
Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 5, 2019
Decreases the complexity of access which saves time, confusion and trouble

What is our primary use case?

The product is our solution for SSO (Secure Sign On). The solution allows users to sign in to one application, for example, Windows, and they will have access to other applications that require login without having to log in each time.

• "Excellent SSO solution for Oracle products."
  • "May not integrate easily with non-Oracle products."

What other advice do I have?

Oracle Access Manager is a very efficient solution if you're working with Oracle applications like ELT, and so on. It's very efficient with this because integration is built-in. You have to make sure that an application is supported by Oracle as the Access Manager product is meant to supporting their own products. I will rate it as an eight out of ten because it's a good solution, it's very stable and integrated with Oracle solutions. It can be scaled as much as you need as long as you can afford it.
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Access Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1184106
Enterprise Architect at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Jan 23, 2020
Stable with an easy initial setup and good geo sign-on functionality

What is our primary use case?

We have multiple applications that require logins. If when a user is signing on for the first time, they can go to the Oracle Asset Manager's main page where they will need to provide a user ID and password. Then, the corresponding user ID and password would be there and the user's page will be sent a token. If they need to log into other applications, the registry token will be used and the user won't need to log in at that time. So by doing that, we are providing a secure and simple user experience.

• "The scalability of the solution is good. We haven't felt we've been restricted from expanding as necessary and we haven't heard of any issues from our clients."
  • "The mobile access to the solution isn't ideal. They should work to improve its functionality."

What other advice do I have?

We've used both cloud and on-premises deployment models, but have never handled a hybrid deployment model. I'd advise others that, before starting the installation, it's very important to have the proper equipment in place, at a high level. The organization should also have a proper access management strategy considered as well before implementing the solution. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. Overall, it's a very good solution, but its lacking in the mobile area. If the mobile offering was better, I'd rate it higher.
reviewer1452045
Founder & Chief Operating Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Nov 22, 2020
Integrates well into an Oracle ecosystem, it's easy to use, but the support and setup could be better

What is our primary use case?

We are Integrators. We implement and integrate this product for our clients, as well as provide support to our client who is using this solution. Mainly, we are using it to provide access to two different systems that the client has. It determines the access levels of people. It tells you who needs how much access and then managing it through that.

• "Once it is set up, it is easy to use and it integrates with most of the products on the market."
  • "The initial implementation can definitely be improved because you have to work on several components to configure it correctly."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others, especially if they are using Oracle products because it is easily integrable with those products. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
RobbertVan Der Hoorn
Oracle Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Feb 4, 2020
Good customization, with good scalability and stability

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for single sign-on purposes.

• "In general, the customization that is offered is very good. The company that I am working with currently is using this feature quite extensively."
  • "The pricing of the solution is in need of improvement. Oracle products are very expensive."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant that works with a company that uses this solution. We don't have a business relationship with Oracle. The company is currently using version 11 or 12. I'd recommend the solution. The caveat is users who are considering the solution need to do a POC first. This will help determine how well it would work for the organization. It's a pretty complex product. Users could definitely use more documentation. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
reviewer1220412
IT Solution Provider at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Nov 3, 2019
Single sign-on availability and good user self-service that helps save time

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for accessing different systems with one single sign-on.

• "I would tell others that this solution is reliable. If they are looking for a solution that is reliable and that is scalable, then this is a good one."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see improvements made to the interface."

What other advice do I have?

I would tell others that this solution is reliable. If they are looking for a solution that is reliable and that is scalable, then this is a good one. In the next release, I would like to see improvements made to the interface. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.