Oracle Advanced Analytics OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Advanced Analytics is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Data Mining tools. It is most often compared to SAS Analytics: Oracle Advanced Analytics vs SAS Analytics

What is Oracle Advanced Analytics?

Oracle Advanced Analytics 12c delivers parallelized in-database implementations of data mining algorithms and integration with open source R. Data analysts use Oracle Data Miner GUI and R to build and evaluate predictive models and leverage R packages and graphs. Application developers deploy Oracle Advanced Analytics models using SQL data mining functions and R. With the Oracle Advanced Analytics option, Oracle extends the Oracle Database to an sclable analytical platform that mines more data and data types, eliminates data movement, and preserves security to anticipate customer behavior, detect patterns, and deliver actionable insights. Oracle Big Data SQL adds new big data sources and Oracle R Advanced Analytics for Hadoop provides algorithms that run on Hadoop.

Oracle Advanced Analytics is also known as OAA.

Download the Data Mining Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Oracle Advanced Analytics Customers

Orbitz, Marriott, SGS Life Science, Masdar, AlliantEnergy Corporation, British Standards Institute, Skybox Security, Triple PointTechnology, and Coca Cola.

Oracle Advanced Analytics Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Advanced Analytics pricing:
  • "The solution is priced well."

Oracle Advanced Analytics Reviews

Richard Dulaney
Customer Interaction Consultant at Dulaney Consulting Associates LLC
Great ability to pull together multiple sources of information, simple for non-technical users

• "Ability to pull together multiple sources of information."
  • "Could use some refinement getting things that are not standard cloud applications, but more customized."

What is our primary use case?

We're a consulting company. For now, everything's in transition, more and more people are moving toward an SD-WAN type of environment. It all requires more management, more security, and most of the things can be reduced down to one or just a few panes of glass to manage. We're trying to understand how to best guide our customers to make sure they carry out best practices in the most economical and efficient way. I've just helped somebody set up an AWS Connect small call center with a chatbot-type environment. They're a group of about half a dozen marketing people that were focused on consumer products. They were pulling together diverse sources of information for marketing purposes. We are customers of Oracle products.

What is most valuable?

One of the valuable features is the ability to pull together multiple sources of information and the tools are easy to use which is the main factor. They're easy to use for non-technical, non-programming people. Whether you're a venture capitalist or a giant marketing firm or whether you're a political action committee, it doesn't matter. You don't have to be a technical expert to make use of the tools once you're set up. You just have to know your sources of information and start pulling things together.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see some refinement in the area of getting things that are not standard cloud applications, but are rather more customized. That's where some of the non-technical people trigger up and ask: "How can we have a local database or a private database, or huge Excel spreadsheets that need to be transformed?" A lot of the database ETL stuff that's behind the scenes is just about getting that stuff out. I think Oracle Analytics is working toward refining a lot of that, so that it requires less technical expertise to incorporate that kind of data source. It's really about initially setting it up and adding to it. As you start new campaigns, you can run across new sources of information. Not everything is in salesforce.com.

I would like to see an improvement in the ease of implementing customized data sources and the like. I would suspect Oracle has other things in the works along those lines. They're constantly trying to refine and improve their products.

The solution seems to be stable although I don't use it on a regular basis myself. The client didn't complain of any major disruptions or outages.

It appears to be very scalable simply because if you're using it on an Oracle cloud environment, it's as scalable as the Oracle cloud will allow it to be.

Technical support seem to be very good.

There are some complexities behind the scenes when you're doing more customized stuff. But if you're pulling from public data sources that are cloud source data then it's pretty straightforward.

I know the company has both enterprise-level pricing and pay-as-you-go type pricing, like any of the cloud-based network solutions. You have to manage your pricing based on the number of users and how much you plan to use the solution. The more you use, the more it costs. So you have to plan ahead for that. And that's an area that's becoming its own industry, helping people figure out how to manage the budget for those things. It can get very complex very quickly.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Other
AK
OBIEE/ODI senior consultant at Kastech
Helpful technical support, but performance and queries should be addressed

• "When needed, we will work closely with Oracle support and implement their workaround in our application."
  • "The performance, scalability and queries should be addressed, as well as the data distribution of certain data techniques."

What is our primary use case?

We use the 12c version of OBI and ODI and 11.1.1 of OBIA.

What needs improvement?

The performance, scalability and queries should be addressed, as well as the data distribution of certain data techniques.

I'm IT and have a total of 13 years of experience working with these tools, including ten with those of data warehousing, such as Oracle BI Analytics, ODI: Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle BNS Analytics and OBIA: Oracle Business Intelligence Analytics. I have also worked on Power BIH and in Tableau, for visualization purposes.

The scalability should be addressed.

When it comes to scalability, we require an area of application, meaning we need to maintain things in different application servers and to do so for certain agents, like network distribution. This means that when the issue comes in on the server, it will immediately be picked up from other servers and some clustering techniques will be maintained.

When an issue arises, we first analyze it on our end. If we see that it is not feasible for us to handle it on our own, then we will avail ourselves of Oracle support by creating requests and will coordinate the issue with them. When needed, we will work closely with Oracle support and implement their workaround in our application.

When it comes to data mining, I am acquainted with most or all of the Oracle tools and have had a positive experience with them. I include in this list SQL database, SQL PL SQL, ODI, Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle Business Intelligence.

What other advice do I have?

We must start from scratch for each new project, which entails assessing the data, data scrubbing, data modeling and implementing data mining techniques. There is also involved association, clustering techniques and regression.

There is a need to analyze the data and put it into the documentation.

I rate Oracle Advanced Analytics as a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, SAS, IBM and others in Data Mining. Updated: September 2021.
540,694 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Feras Ahmad
Director : Oracle GRC at Technology Risk Partners
Intuitive dashboard, high performance, and easy to use

What is most valuable?

The dashboard interface is intuitive and the user is able to interact with it to receive good results from the analytic. We have been getting high performance out of the solution and the tools are easy to use.

What needs improvement?

There are some transactions we have not been able to find through the dashboard.

I have been using the solution for years.

The solution is stable, we have not had any downtime.

The solution is scalable for up to 65,000 users then after that, I was getting an error related to memory or buffer size being too low.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle is number one in the…

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution for years.

The solution is stable, we have not had any downtime.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle is number one in the world for security, safety, and privacy. This solution is very good.

I rate Oracle Advanced Analytics a ten out of ten.

Product Categories
Data Mining
Download our free Data Mining Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, SAS, IBM, and more!