Oracle Analytics Cloud Overview

Oracle Analytics Cloud is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Data Visualization tools. It is most often compared to Oracle OBIEE: Oracle Analytics Cloud vs Oracle OBIEE

What is Oracle Analytics Cloud?

Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) is a single strategic platform that meets your needs for speed and scale at the same time it accommodates your users and their requirements. It fits into your environment, helping you do as much of your analysis as possible in the cloud, at the same time it offers easy access to any source so you make the best use of all your data no matter where it is. It provides a variety of options for intelligent analysis without being overwhelming to deploy and manage, making it an effective way to engage more people in analysis and extend your organization's expertise. A complete, connected, and collaborative choice, Oracle Analytics Cloud makes it easy for you to capitalize on cloud analytics today and in the future.

Oracle Analytics Cloud is also known as Oracle Analytics Cloud Service, OAC, Oracle Data Visualization, Oracle Data Visualization Cloud Service, ODV.

Download the Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: March 2021

Oracle Analytics Cloud Customers

Sejong Hospital

Oracle Analytics Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Analytics Cloud pricing:
  • "Bottom line, the cost is really, really cheap compared to other solutions. Oracle has made a huge effort on the pricing."
  • "The price is reasonable; it's quite a bit lower than Tableau and Spotfire."

BenjaminArnulf
Senior Director BI & Analytics at Hertz Global Holdings, Inc.
May 2, 2019
Enables us to deliver faster analytics and to have a self-secured, self-tuning, self-maintained platform

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Oracle Analytics is to offer financials, procurement and HR analytics for the global employees as well as data exploration on different data sources.

• "Data preparation is fantastic and fast. We were able to use multiple data sources and prepare the data quickly."
  • "One area of improvement is associated with more connectors needing to be added such as Microsoft OneDrive, Teradata and a few others. I think the list is limited to the top ones now."

What other advice do I have?

We love it. I would definitely give this product a 10 out of 10.
BenjaminArnulf
Senior Director BI & Analytics at Hertz Global Holdings, Inc.
May 6, 2019
Has a fast and friendly interface for data exploration from multiple sources

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle Analytics DV, which is included in Oracle Analytics Cloud, for data exploration over our payables, accounting, revenue, procurement, spend, and locations data.

• "The best feature may be data flow, which is used to prepare and clean data."
  • "The product should be improved in terms of connectors; right now the top twenty connectors are available, but OneDrive and Teradata are missing."

What other advice do I have?

Oracle Analytics DV is not just a data visualization tool like Tableau or Power BI, but an entire data platform. Users can connect to multiple data sources including Snowflake, Oracle, and Redshift, and they can perform data preparation with complex formulas. They can create an Essbase cube in a click, replicate tables, store millions of lines in memory, analyze data using AI with the ExplAIn function, and create machine learning models.
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: March 2021.
475,705 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Eric Brosseau
Independent Consultant - Oracle BI Applications at Desjardins
Aug 17, 2020
Complete product with excellent stability and scalability with no downtime

• "It's really an enterprise solution. It has a dashboard, like standard dashboarding functionality. It also has reporting capabilities for producing pixel-perfect reports, bursting large volumes of a document if you need to. It has interactive data discovery functionality, which you would use to explore your data, bring your own data, and merge it with maybe the data from an enterprise data warehouse to get new insights from the pre-existing data. It has machine learning embedded in the solution. If you're new to machine learning, it's a really good way to get into it, because it's all within this platform, and it's really easy to use."
  • "As with most BI tools, the visualizations can be made much nicer. Currently, it has standard visualizations. They've been adding new visualizations, but we see animated visualizations from other vendors. It would be nice to have similar visualizations, such as the swarming visualizations, which are fairly new and very popular at the moment. I haven't seen that with Oracle. That would be nice."

What other advice do I have?

It really has everything that I want and need. It's very easy. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten. It would be nice to see swarming kind of visualizations. Other than that, it's a complete product.
PT
reviewer1505316
Managing Partner at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Mar 1, 2021
Very easily customized; scalable and stable

What is our primary use case?

Our customers use Analytics Cloud, they are always E-Business Suite customers. The product is generally used for transactional data because for EBS there is no discovery support. We build Analytics on-premise or on cloud and use E-Business Suite for financials and logistics. All reports are developed using Oracle Analytics aside from the principal ones or standard reports coming from inside E-Business Suite. We generally work with enterprise size companies that use various analytics and reporting tools, not just Oracle Analytics. I'm a managing partner in a consulting firm and we are customers… more »

• "The product is easily customized."
  • "The interfaces could be improved and some in-memory operations could be built in."

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.
GauravSingh1
Vice President Credit Risk Management at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Jan 6, 2021
Good dashboards and reporting, secure, and the machine learning enablement is helpful

What is our primary use case?

This product is used for reporting and visualization. We are not using the latest version but rather, one version back.

• "The AI/ML enablement is useful, as many reporting tools do not offer machine learning models as of now, without writing customized code."
  • "At this time, dataflows cannot be shared, but I think that this should be enhanced."

GauravSingh1
Oct 4, 2020
Stable, reasonably-priced, good support, and the BAS and narrate features work well

What is our primary use case?

I am a software designer and a part of the technical team and we create the dataflows for the end-user.

• "The features that I find to be the most valuable are the BAS (Business Analytics), the Narrate feature, and the auto-visualization."
  • "Sharing dataflows is not possible at this time, and the custom chart functionality is not available."

What other advice do I have?

Depending on the needs of business to business, but as far a visualizations are concerned, this is a good product. Anyone can update for Business Intelligence. I would rate Oracle Analytics Cloud an eight out of ten.
Download our free Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Tableau, Microsoft, and more!