Oracle Application Testing Suite Overview

Oracle Application Testing Suite is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Load Testing Tools. It is most often compared to Tricentis Tosca: Oracle Application Testing Suite vs Tricentis Tosca

What is Oracle Application Testing Suite?
Application Testing Suite is a comprehensive, integrated testing solution that ensures the quality, scalability, and availability of your Web applications, Web Services, packaged Oracle Applications and Oracle databases.

Oracle Application Testing Suite is also known as OATS.

Download the Performance Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Oracle Application Testing Suite Customers
Comic Relief UK, The Forestry Commission, TAFE SA, Silentnight Group, Victorian Department of Primary Industries
Oracle Application Testing Suite Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

MK
Marketing & Business Development Project Manager with 51-200 employees
The function test feature is valuable but it needs better dashboards

• "The function test feature is valuable."
  • "I would like to see better dashboards."

What other advice do I have?

The software is mature and easy to use but there is room for improvement.
Product Manager - Cloudtestr, Test Automation Evangelist at Cloudtestr
MSP
The three tools which I used most were Winrunner, QTP and OATS. I feel OATS is best.

• "User friendly UI / Tree view to work with adding steps."
  • "To provide test automation support for other products like SAP, Windows and Java Applications when it comes to Functional Test Automation testing."

What other advice do I have?

It's a really amazing solution, which I have ever used, three tools which I used most were Winrunner, QTP and OATS. I feel OATS is best, even now I am out of ORACLE I believe OATS has much more value, compared to others. and I liked it so much that I started writing my experiences over my personal blog which is http://testingtools.co
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Micro Focus, Apache and others in Performance Testing Tools. Updated: June 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.
DF
Manager - Network, Server, Storage and Virtualization at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Automation with recorded scripting allows customized scenarios to be created and edited. It does not provide easy diagnostics for end-to-end transaction monitoring.
QA Engineer at a tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
We can use the same automated test script for functional testing.

What other advice do I have?

In the past one year, I have worked on the upgraded version of OATS 11.2 and its has some good features with includes automation API for Peoplesoft automation, good log management and improved version of interface. Although it has few issues with Oracle Siebel Object Identification which is sorted by Oracle by providing patch. I will update you further in the coming months.
QA Engineer at a tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
It's user friendly and in-built API support makes it very easy to automate or develop an automation framework.

Valuable Features:

Room for Improvement:

Screenshot from the server machine when Script is running on server from OTM and the server logs off. That shouldn't happen.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

We have stability issues with the server logging off when a script runs from OTM.

Scalability Issues:

It has scaled for our needs.
Test Consultant at a government with 501-1,000 employees
​This product can facilitate the lowering of test execution times for operational people. Improvement in performance and stabilizing record/playback in the EBS forms option is needed.

What other advice do I have?

Loads of possibilities. I use mostly use the WebForm and EBS forms options. WebForms works fine, but Scripting in the EBS forms option isn't very consistent and stable. During recording and playback errors occur. Elements of forms aren't recognized which makes scripting and playback a time consuming activity. I advise you to use an isolated server with as much privileges/rights as possible, and limited access to the outside. Restrict connections to needed test environments only. Double the hardware that is stated on the specs for minimum hardware requirements. When scripting, try not to script…
Principal and Owner at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
You can make your database repository fully redundant and infinitely scalable.

What other advice do I have?

There are basically only two products that cover the space of Performance/Scalability/Functional Testing on the market. OATS from Oracle and LoadRunner from HP. One advice for anyone planning to implement OATS: Make sure there is an existing Java skill-set in your organization as OATS' recording language is Java.
Senior Test Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
It helped in running performance testing cycles and identifying the bottlenecks of the application, helping our clients to run their application successfully and smoothly.

What other advice do I have?

If you are using the Oracle bundled application then it is he best tool available in the market. But in some areas it lacks features and protocol support that its competitors, such as HP LoadRunner, have. You should have a good and experienced person working with it, and also they should take people who have prior Java programming knowledge. The tool uses Eclipse IDE and Java script.
Senior QA Engineer at a tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Test cases and defects are now tracked well in Oracle Test Manager, but Windows 2012 R2 server, deployment is a little bit tricky as .NET Framework 3.5 is not a part of OS distribution.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle Application Testing Suite is best suited for managing testing activities in implementation and upgrade project for Oracle’s ERP/CRM products.
Senior Performance Engineer at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
The scripts are written in Java, so migration from C to Java accelerated and simplified script development. However, the load testing API wasn't rich.

What other advice do I have?

It is a simple yet useful tool for performance testing. Compared with LoadRunner, it’s definitely less functional. I’d recommend you to try their free (development) version to understand what it does and does not.
OATS Engineer-Onsite Consultant at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Functionality testing tool need improvement but Load Test has been helpful in testing performance and scalability.

What other advice do I have?

You can make the Testing and Automation more efficient using OATS and can ensure that whatever application you are implementing, whether it be an Oracle Application or any web based application is thoroughly tested and the quality is ensured.
Quality Assurance at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sorting tests is pretty easy but updating somebody’s account access sometimes had unexpected and bad results

What other advice do I have?

Brace yourself for bumps in the road. Have patience. Find talented people to help.
QA Manager with 51-200 employees
Load testing is a valuable feature however the tool runs out of memory when the recording flows are long

What other advice do I have?

Read the tutorial and try out a few scenarios before going full throttle.
QA Expert at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees

What other advice do I have?

Be sure your team has the right amount of expertise in OpenScript (Java) before deciding to use this product.
Download our free Performance Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Micro Focus, Apache, and more!