Oracle ATG OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle ATG is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top eCommerce Platforms. It is most often compared to Oracle Commerce Cloud: Oracle ATG vs Oracle Commerce Cloud

What is Oracle ATG?
Oracle ATG Web Commerce enables you to deliver a personalized online buying experience for each customer by presenting relevant content and merchandizing, personalized search, customized marketing programs, and tailored websites.

Oracle ATG is also known as ATG.

Download the eCommerce Platforms Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Oracle ATG Customers
Agilent, Shenhua Group Corporation Ltd., Fox Head Inc., Netshoes, Mr. Price, Retail World AE, Sascar, Banca Transilvania, UL, Fox Head, Carolina Biological Supply, Groupe Dynamite
Oracle ATG Video

Archived Oracle ATG Reviews (more than two years old)

Oracle ATG e-Commerce Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Offers granular, hands-on, business control over every aspect of the ecommerce experience

What is most valuable?

• It provides best-in-class CRM, retail, and cross-channel commerce to broadest range of industries.
  • It has one of the best-in-class personalization features and a search engine which supports delivery of relevant experiences to every customer.
  • It offers granular business control, total hands-on control over every aspect of the experience.
  • It has merchant-inspired tools.
  • Strength of platform: It has been architected for performance, scalability, and operational efficiency.
  • Has integrated business analytics.
  • Easy-to-customize Reference Store which supports Quick Launch.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped clients to achieve higher sales revenue, profitability, efficiency, and accelerate growth.

What needs improvement?

Its licensing cost could be brought down.

Have used this for more than 10 years now, helping more than a dozen clients launch online on the Oracle ATG Commerce platform.

It's a highly stable platform. Only on a few occasions, after initial go-live, were there issues with stability. These were resolved with a further bit of fine tuning.

In terms of scalabilty, it's one of the best available in market. Very rarely are there issues with scalabilty.

I would rate it at very good, four on a scale from one to five, where five is the best.

A few clients were previously using Magento and other eCommerce solutions before switching to this.

If experienced architects are involved in project, then initial set up is straightforward.

Pricing and licensing are a bit on the higher side but it comes with its own set of advantages.

Yes, other options such as Hybris, Magento, Demandware, and IBM WebSphere Commerce were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle ATG Commerce is the leading enterprise eCommerce solution with around 50% of Fortune 100 companies using it.

it_user429003
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
There are several valuable features, such as the quick deployment of e-commerce platforms, the ability to customize and personalize, and the Endeca-driven search engine.

Valuable Features

Improvements to My Organization

The personalization engine is the best part of this product. We're able to customize it according to our and our customers' needs and how we want it to function.

Room for Improvement

It can be complicated to set up if you don't know how to do it.

Use of Solution

I work for a consulting company and I've have been helping our customers implement it for eight years now.

The initial setup was complicated, but after that we didn't have any issues with deployment.

I wouldn't say it's any stabler than its competitors, but it is stable. We haven't had any major issues with instability.

In order to scale, you need more hardware, so the product itself is not scalable. It's the way you implement it, or the number of hardware you use, which makes it scalable.

The level of technical support is fine, in my experience.

For someone who doesn't know how to implement it, it's not straightforward as there are some complexities, especially with the customization.

Implementation Team

We implemented it with our in-house team.

Other Solutions Considered

I would compare it with another vendor, like IBM Websphere Commerce or iBreeze. The best thing with Oracle Commerce is the personalization engine, and then the integration with one of the best search engines, which is Endeca. Those two combinations make it a valuable product to use compared to WebSpeed, which I've used, and iBreeze, which I don't really know much about, just a little.

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, SAP, Adobe and others in eCommerce Platforms. Updated: September 2021.
540,984 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user4938
Director of eCommerce at a media company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Solid eCommerce platform if you have time and resources to deploy it.

Valuable Features:

- Good support for iphones, Android and other mobile devices - If you're an Oracle shop, its integration with Oracle Apps is very valuable - Can manage multiple sites with an integrated dashboard - Merchandising and promotion features are very good

Room for Improvement:

-Our impressions from testing out ATG is that it requires a lot of customization and professional services, which is not what we were looking for.

Other Advice:

We evaluated Oracle ATG last year. It was a good solution but we did not choose it because of the complexity of deployment as noted above. I'm sure it will be a good solution for retailers with larger budgets.
Product Categories
eCommerce Platforms
Download our free eCommerce Platforms Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, SAP, Adobe, and more!