Oracle Cloud Overview

Oracle Cloud is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Infrastructure as a Service Clouds. It is most often compared to Google Firebase: Oracle Cloud vs Google Firebase

What is Oracle Cloud?

Oracle Cloud is the industry’s broadest and most integrated public cloud. It offers best-in-class services across software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and even lets you put Oracle Cloud in your own data center. Oracle Cloud helps organizations drive innovation and business transformation by increasing business agility, lowering costs, and reducing IT complexity.

Oracle Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Oracle Cloud Customers

Kenya Airways, Cell, Panasonic, Frontera, M&C Saatchi, Lumentum, WA

Oracle Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Cloud pricing:
  • "The subscription is a pay-as-you-go model, with fees that are dependent on usage."
  • "The subscription cost is too high."
  • "Costing depends on if you have an existing license for the application and for the operating system."
  • "The cost may be a bit high for many potential users."
  • "Improvements can be made with respect to flexibility in the licensing model."
  • "We pay the subscription cost."

WilfredThomson
Senior Cloud Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
Offers many good database options and is highly available, but the number of supported regions is limited

What is our primary use case?

Oracle Cloud is a very broad portfolio. They have a very good infrastructure as a service, IaaS portfolio, which has a core function of compute, storage, and networking. I have been using Oracle Cloud for learning and certification. I have not yet used it in a project for one of our customers, but I definitely plan to increase my usage in the future.

• "The strength of this product is that they have many good database options, compared to other vendors."
  • "They offer some basic services but the choice is not as rich as other cloud providers."

What other advice do I have?

Oracle Cloud is definitely a product that I recommend, especially for existing Oracle customers. If you have an Oracle database then you should definitely look into it. Similarly, if you have an Oracle SaaS application then you should definitely consider using this platform because there are a lot of integration points. I would suggest familiarizing yourself with the terminology that is used. This can be done by reviewing the content available on the Oracle website, learning the concepts and terminology that they use. This is important because some of it is slightly different from AWS and…
Kopano  Ramaphoi
Information Technology Administrator at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to set up autonomous databases make it easy to automate your services

What is our primary use case?

We have customers working with these services and we work with those clients. Specifically, cloud services are made up of autonomous databases. There is an OCI (Oracle Call Interface) and this is configured depending exactly on the service that you want to use. When you talk about an autonomous database it makes it is easy to automate your services. You do not have to worry about the purchase and the upgrading of databases because Oracle will be taking care of those things. Right now, here in our country, we are experiencing a problem where people are not able to understand the importance of… more »

• "The product gives you independence from hardware onsite, the setup is easy, and there is no need for hardware maintenance."
  • "The price of the subscription is too high and excludes some potential customers."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product, definitely. In a way, I am already working on that with potential customers by recommending its use for them. Most of the features that I have used in the product are good and I am happy with it. Oracle is good in terms of how they do things. On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate Oracle Cloud as an eight-out-of-ten.
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sameer Quraishi
Information Security Officer at Zamil
Enables us to migrate all of ur on-premises applications and infrastructure onto the cloud

What is our primary use case?

This solution is a complete replica of our data center. Our primary use case is to migrate all our on-premises applications and infrastructure onto the cloud.

• "The solution offers many features and it is a complete replica of our data center."
  • "With Oracle you have to create your own roles and it is more complex."

What other advice do I have?

I believe the developers are busy improving the solution. It's like they don't have as many features as other providers, so it takes time and they are doing their best. If you are just moving the ERP, you can use the Oracle application, but if you need more open source applications, it is better to go with the Amazon or Azure, because they have more services compared to Oracle, like an autonomous database. I have worked on Amazon and Oracle and my advice is to test it for two weeks or so and look at the price on the sales market before you make a purchase. I rate this solution an eight out of…
Shalvin Narayan
Manager IT at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Relatively easy to set up and deploy but could be better integrated with VMware

What is our primary use case?

Our use case is for a variety of purposes. We use it for our billing system, our operations support system, our analytic data warehousing, digitalization, customer service, marketing, and sales. So it is integral to our operations.

• "The autonomous database functions are an excellent feature."
  • "Portability of the VMware environment into the Oracle Cloud should be made more simple."

What other advice do I have?

Someone considering this product as a solution has to examine their needs. If Oracle Cloud probably meets their use case, then it is a good choice. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Oracle Cloud overall as an eight-out-of-ten. They have a good product but there is really some room for improvement while they are still developing the solution into something more mature.
TL
Head of Security at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Good availability with low implementation costs but needs better scripting methodology

What is our primary use case?

We have an application and run this application on this Infrastructure element. That's our primary use case for this product.

• "The pricing isn't too bad."
  • "The solution could always be less expensive."

What other advice do I have?

We are a reseller partner. In general, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten. We're mostly happy with the solution, however, there are aspects that can be improved upon. I would recommend this product to companies who are really familiar with the earlier version of Oracle databases.
Venkatraman Bhat
Delivery Head - Database and Infrastructure Services at Tech Mahindra Limited
Offers high availability and good performance for hosting on-premises applications

What is our primary use case?

This solution offers a cloud infrastructure for our customers. They are able to host their on-premises products for their users.

• "This is a highly available and scalable solution that can host both modern and legacy on-premises applications."
  • "Simplifying the cloud management console would be really valuable for small and large customers alike."

What other advice do I have?

Oracle Cloud is a good solution, and better than its competitors, especially for enterprise-level clients. The SaaS application can be really customized using the PaaS with the Oracle Application Express model. The beauty of this is that you can put all of that into a single domain. You don't have to keep it separate. This is a real advantage and the kind of service that only Oracle can offer. Because it is a generation two data center, everything can be done on a single domain which means that users do not have to pass through multiple domains or multiple hosts. It is a seamless interface for…
MT
Information Technology Service Delivery Manager at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A stable, all-in-one system for our ERP and HCM applications

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases are ERP and HCM systems.

• "What I like best about Oracle Cloud is that it is an all-in-one system for everything."
  • "The integration tools that they offer are quite complex to use."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing Oracle Cloud is to take it one step at a time. It is a good product and one that I recommend. Our implementation experience hasn't been great, but I think that the system is fine. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
AP
Sr. Manager, Information Technology at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to setup, with good manageability and good support

• "The most valuable features are the manageability and the user interface."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see more automation."

What other advice do I have?

At this time we are not using any products for hyper-converged infrastructure. We do have some computers for hyper-converged, however, those products are not moving very much. We have moved our mission-critical workloads onto the cloud or we are using them on-premises for a traditional approach. We have plans to use continue using this solution in the future. I would this product to others who are interested in using it. I would rate Oracle Cloud an eight out of ten.
See 5 more Oracle Cloud Reviews