Oracle Data Guard Reviews

industry
rating
Tech Lead Oracle DBA / SME
Aug 17 2017

What is most valuable?

The Active Data Guard and Fast-Start Failover features are excellent. The Active Data Guard helps in providing read only data for reporting purposes. The Fast-Start Failover is an automatic feature that allows failover from primary database... more»

How has it helped my organization?

I've implemented these features in several projects.

What needs improvement?

Oracle Data Guard is part of the Oracle Database Enterprise Edition. Oracle Corporation has provided features in Data Guard for its new Database version Oracle 12c.
CEO at Tecnix Solutions
Feb 25 2018

What is most valuable?

If you have a problem with your primary site and can't access your primary database, you can continue working with the database that you have as standby on the other site, by changing its role to primary. Another valuable feature is the possibility of backing up the database from the standby database instead of the primary database, to avoid backup process... more»

What needs improvement?

I think it would be great to have a graphical interface assistant (like DBCA, ASMCA, NETCA, etc.) for initial configuration, monitoring, configuring Oracle Data Guard Broker and all the Data Guard Broker commands, without needing Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control installed.
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Veeam Software, Rubrik and others in Backup and Recovery Software.
291,379 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Business Analyst at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 25 2017

What do you think of Oracle Data Guard?

Valuable Features We use it for backing up our data, so from the standby instance. • Room for Improvement Data Guard has been around for a very long time and a lot of big companies are using it. I don't see that it needs any improvement or anything like that. I think it's pretty solid. • Use of Solution I've been using it for more than 15 years. • Stability Issues We've experienced no issues with performance. • Customer Service and Technical Support When you open up SR Oracle has a list of things which they ask for. Being an end customer, when we open SR, we give as much as information as we want and again the support person comes into the picture, and without reading what we have put through, they just has the same question over and over. What version, what...
User
Director of Technical Operations - Storage, Databases & Business Intelligence at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Jul 09 2017

What do you think of Oracle Data Guard?

Valuable Features This is one of the most stable products to support critical DR sites. • Improvements to My Organization It provides us with online replication. • Room for Improvement I would like to see replication/fail-over sites. • Use of Solution We have been using this for over five years. • Deployment Issues There were not many deployment issues. • Stability Issues There were not many stability issues. • Scalability Issues We sometimes had scalability issues with read only. • Customer Service and Technical Support Customer Service: I would give customer service a rating of 8/10. Technical Support: I would give technical support a rating of 7/10. • Previous Solutions There were no previous solutions. • Initial Setup It was a...
User
Oracle DBA at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jul 21 2017

What do you think of Oracle Data Guard?

Valuable Features Provides an active data guard. • Room for Improvement I would like to see better failover. • Use of Solution We have been using this solution for five years. • Scalability Issues There were no scalability issues. • Customer Service and Technical Support Customer Service: I would give customer service a rating of 7/10. Technical Support: I would give technical support a rating of 7/10. • Previous Solutions We did not evaluate another solution. • Implementation Team We did not implement through a vendor team. • Other Solutions Considered We did not evaluate other options.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Oracle Data Guard

291,379 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Oracle Data Guard Questions

Oracle Data Guard Projects By Members

Oracle Data Guard Consultants

What is Oracle Data Guard?

Oracle Data Guard ensures high availability, data protection, and disaster recovery for enterprise data. Data Guard provides a comprehensive set of services that create, maintain, manage, and monitor one or more standby databases to enable production Oracle databases to survive disasters and data corruptions. Data Guard can be used with traditional backup, restoration, and cluster techniques to provide a high level of data protection and data availability.

Also known as
Active Data Guard
Oracle Data Guard customers

Athenahealth, Discover Financial Services

BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Backup and Recovery Software solution is right for you?

Download our free Backup and Recovery Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Veeam Software, Rubrik, and more!