Oracle Data Quality OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Data Quality is #7 ranked solution in top Data Quality tools. IT Central Station users give Oracle Data Quality an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle Data Quality is most commonly compared to Informatica Data Quality: Oracle Data Quality vs Informatica Data Quality. The top industry researching this solution is Computer Software Company, accounting for 49% of all views.
What is Oracle Data Quality?
Oracle Enterprise Data Quality delivers a complete, best-of-breed approach to party and product data, resulting in trustworthy master data that integrates with applications to improve business insight.

Oracle Data Quality is also known as Datanomic.

Download the Data Quality Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Oracle Data Quality Customers
Roka Bioscience, Statistics Centre _ Abu Dhabi , Raymond James Financial inc., CaixaBank, Industrial Bank of Korea, Posco, NHS Business Services Authority, RWE Power, LIFE Financial Group,
Oracle Data Quality Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Data Quality pricing:
  • "The vendor needs to revisit their pricing strategy."
  • "The price of this solution is comparable to other similar solutions."

Oracle Data Quality Reviews

Venkatraman Bhat
Delivery Head - Database and Infrastructure Services at Tech Mahindra Limited
Easy to use and maintain, integrates well, and can handle any type of data

• "Once it is set up, it is easy to use and maintain."
  • "If the length of time required for deployment was reduced then it would be very helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and software solutions company, and Oracle Data Quality is one of the solutions that we use to provide services.

In a multiple-system integration scenario, there is data flowing between different systems. Oracle Data Quality is used to establish a single source of truth. It is also used for new system integration and new application integration.

What is most valuable?

Customers are really keen to use this product for profiling, auditing, synching, and matching.

This system can handle any kind of data, whether it is customer data, product data, personal data, or financial data.

It integrates well with third-party applications.

Once it is set up, it is easy to use and maintain.

What needs improvement?

There are some challenges with respect to standardization, matching, segregation, and merging. Our technical team has not found this to be problematic but it has been reported by some of our customers.

Making this solution easier for non-technical end-users would be an improvement.

If the length of time required for deployment was reduced then it would be very helpful. For example, rather than take two or three weeks to deploy, having a simple implementation done within two or three days would be great.

The vendor needs to revisit their pricing strategy.

I have been using Oracle Data Quality for between six and eight years.

Once it is configured, it is stable and will not crash.

This solution can scale with no issues. All of our customers are enterprise-level organizations, although I do know of some medium-sized companies that also use it.

The technical support from Oracle is excellent.

I also work with Informatica and other tools, but this is my primary solution for this task.

Compared to the competition, Oracle Data Quality is a very flexible and advanced product.

The initial setup is not complex, although it requires expertise and experience. It is not an out-of-the-box solution. The reason is that it is not meant for a particular purpose. It is a very powerful product that can handle any type of data, which means that it has to be properly configured for the requirements. Once the customer-specific configuration has been set up, the rest is quite straightforward.

For a couple of applications, the deployment will take a couple of weeks to get everything up and running.

We deploy this solution for our clients. For a simple installation, it does not require more than one person for the deployment. One administrator is required to set it up. After that, one data quality person is enough to handle it, even in an environment of medium complexity.

What other advice do I have?

We primarily work with the on-premises version, although we do have one project that uses the cloud-based deployment. The cloud version is a recent offering from Oracle.

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to understand and define the business needs properly. All of the requirements have to be properly defined. This will allow you to take advantage of the best benefits of Oracle Data Quality.

It is important that you don't keep changing the requirements during implementation because it can become very messy. There can be a lot of issues that come from this. Creating the right roadmap for the various types of data is very important.

We have not had any major challenges in working with this product. Nonetheless, no product is perfect and there is always an improvement that is needed.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

BC
Project Manager/Application Architect at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Can be used in the fund raising industry for entity matching

• "With Oracle Data Quality, the most valuable feature is entity matching."
  • "Oracle is currently not that intuitive. We need to use programmers to write code for a lot of the procedures. We need to have them write CL SQL code and write a CL script."

What is our primary use case?

We use it in the university fundraising industry. Once students graduate and start giving to the university, they become donors. Then, we need to maintain their giving history. Giving is quite complicated. You can make a pledge, and your company can make a matching gift. We need to make sure that all that type of information is in our system.

When they make a gift to online, we want to make sure to load the data into our Advancement database right away or as soon as possible. We don't want to delay a week, for example, and send them a gift received acknowledgement.

What is most valuable?

With Oracle Data Quality, the most valuable feature is entity matching. For example, I have a John Smith in our system and another John Smith makes a gift online, and there's no unique identifier, like an ID number, to link those two together. So, we need to come up with a solution to match them up.

I want to have matching algorithms set up to make sure that the data from different systems will come in and also become unified or have a consolidated record for John Smith. You want to have a 360 degree view of this record.

What needs improvement?

We are looking for a really good data integration tool. Oracle is currently not that intuitive. We need to use programmers to write code for a lot of the procedures. We need to have them write CL SQL code and write a CL script.

It would be better if we needed to do less coding and have a system that is more like a CRM.

The stability has been good so far. If you set up a CL script, it will launch it like a machine because it is a machine, but you won't know if the network is having a problem until the next day. That's a problem with the reporting databases not refreshing It happened several times during the past year.

What other advice do I have?

Because we need to do a lot of coding with Oracle Data Quality, we are actually looking into transitioning to a CRM. We like having new ways to interact with the application system, such as to click and drag and to build a program of the flow process. Instead of coding, we would be able to actually build in processes and interact more with the system from the front end.

However, I think Oracle Data Quality is definitely worth giving a try. It's a good product. It will help keep your data in line with other systems. So, I would rate it at eight on a scale from one to ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Informatica, Trillium and others in Data Quality. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
QA
Integration Specialist at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Highly stable, responsive technical support, and effective data cleansing and deduplication

• "I have found the most valuable features to be data cleansing and deduplication."
  • "Oracle Data Quality should integrate with data warehousing solutions such as Azure and CWS Office. For example, having the ability to integrate with tools, such as Azure Synapse and SQL data warehousing would be a great benefit."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for data quality management.

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable features to be data cleansing and deduplication.

What needs improvement?

There are other providers that have a cloud solution, it would be helpful if Oracle had a cloud offering to stay competitive with other solutions.

Oracle Data Quality should integrate with data warehousing solutions such as Azure and CWS Office. For example, having the ability to integrate with tools, such as Azure Synapse and SQL data warehousing would be a great benefit.

I have been using this solution is for approximately two years.

The solution is very stable.

I have found this solution to be scalable but the scalability is dependant on the hardware you have on-premise. You are only limited by the physical hardware you have. If there was a cloud offering scalability should be part of the public cloud design offering.

The technical support is very good. We had a good experience with the support.

The initial setup was complicated, there is a lot of configuration that needs to be done. This is an area that can improve by simplifying it.

The price of this solution is comparable to other similar solutions.

I have evaluated other solutions and Oracle Data Quality fairs well compared to others.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is this on-premise Oracle Data Quality solution would definitely deprecate over a short period of time. You want to have some form of cloud integration using the on-premise versions because a lot of these enterprise applications are moving towards a public cloud. This tool can be really beneficial because data mining or cleansing has a lot of advantages. There should be a way we can manage cloud offerings. From on-premise to cloud, there are issues with people replicating data because of the cost involved, there needs to be cloud functionality to avoid this.

I rate Oracle Data Quality an seven out of ten.

Product Categories
Data Quality
Download our free Data Quality Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Informatica, Trillium, and more!