LK
Systems Administrator at Dairibord
Stable and easy to install

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for managing our ERP solutions. We use SAP as well. Oracle Database is deployed on-prem.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the stability.

What needs improvement?

Oracle Database could be improved by adding more automation.

I have been using Oracle Database for around 15 years.

This solution is very, very, very stable.

We didn't use another solution before Oracle. At that time, I think most of the applications that we were using weren't running on a database.

The installation is very straightforward. I…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the stability.

What needs improvement?

Oracle Database could be improved by adding more automation.

I have been using Oracle Database for around 15 years.

This solution is very, very, very stable.

The installation is very straightforward. I have no complaints. We did it ourselves and it didn't take much time. I think we've done it three times and you can install it in a day or two. We've also done upgrades along the way.

We implemented through an in-house team.

We pay for a yearly licensing subscription. Funds permitting, we have plans to increase usage for Oracle Database in the new year.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Database a 10 out of 10. I would definitely recommend this solution to others.

RC
Product Manager at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
MSP
The integration is a good aspect but the CRM could be improved.

What is our primary use case?

Our users access the database via a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. It provides the basis of all the information in the company including information about suppliers, customers, and end-users. We have about 300 users.

What is most valuable?

The backup system is good. We back up all our key marketing data. The integration is a good aspect of Oracle.

What needs improvement?

CRM could be improved. What I mean by that is the CRM is composed of NetSuite and the Oracle database to perform the functions of a CRM. Both of these need to be improved. It is not very user friendly and there is not enough customization.

What needs improvement?

I joined the company two years ago. The Oracle database is the only one we use that I know of. The database is deployed on a private cloud.

Stability is good. It is a very stable product.

Scalability is good.

The setup is difficult.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Oracle database 7 out of 10. To get this up to 10 they would need to improve the interface.

Private Cloud

Other
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,382 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CM
CIO at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides great security and support for our business

• "The solution has great security."
  • "Lacks features that would improve database performance."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is the corporate base that supports ERP solutions and all our systems. We are customers of Oracle and I'm the CIO.

What is most valuable?

There are two valuable features for us; the security of the solution and the availability that this database offers us. With the increased move to digital processes, availability is very important for supporting our business.

What needs improvement?

The performance could be improved and I think they should work towards providing features that will improve database performance. It would also be helpful if they could come up with something to detect performance problems more easily.

I've been using this solution for 20 years.

The solution is very stable. Our company has over 1,000 users and we'll keep it at that for the time being.

The technical support is very good.

The initial setup is quite straightforward but it requires a professional Oracle database administrator who is an in-house employee.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to evaluate the availability in a corporate database. It's also worth assessing how the database is protected against cyber attacks and how difficult it is to maintain and administer it.

I rate this solution nine out of 10.

Bhavien C Nayak
Chief Financial Officer at a pharma/biotech company with 51-200 employees
Easy to use, works well, and integrates well

• "I am not an IT person. I am an end-user of this solution, and based on my experience, it is comfortable to work with. Everything is okay, and the data is timely available. It can also be easily integrated."
  • "Their local support can be better. Local support is a challenge in Africa for all IT companies."

What is our primary use case?

This is our database for ERP and all other things.

What is most valuable?

I am not an IT person. I am an end-user of this solution, and based on my experience, it is comfortable to work with. Everything is okay, and the data is timely available. It can also be easily integrated.

What needs improvement?

Their local support can be better. Local support is a challenge in Africa for all IT companies.

I have been using this solution for a couple of years.

We have approximately a hundred users in our organization. We plan to keep using this solution.

Their technical support is good, but there is no local support. Local support is a challenge in Africa for all IT companies.

For deployment, we have three full-time employees and a few consultants.

We have bought a license, and it was a one-time cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Oracle Database a nine out of ten. My experience as an end-user has been good with this solution. I have not used any other product or have knowledge of any other product.

RR
Manager, Special Projects at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Offers good security and supports customization

What is our primary use case?

We have numerous clients using Oracle Database, and they can choose the size of the solution they require. We have around 500 technical staff in our office to assist our clients when they need assistance. We support our customers for both hardware and software. We provide support for any particular Oracle resource they're using.

What is most valuable?

Oracle offers good security and supports customization.

What needs improvement?

Oracle is a costly product, and it requires a lot of resources.

We have been using Oracle Database for about eight years.

Oracle is a stable product.

Oracle technical…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Oracle offers good security and supports customization.

What needs improvement?

Oracle is a costly product, and it requires a lot of resources.

We have been using Oracle Database for about eight years.

Oracle is a stable product.

Oracle technical support is useful, and we rely on them often.

Oracle is a large implementation, especially in Oracle Enterprise Edition. Oracle provide good support for implementations, however.

Oracle is an expensive product.

Some of our customers ask us to provide a list of features for different products, which we provide, along with a cost analysis, if they wish to look at alternatives, but these can vary. Customers make their own decisions based on the information we provide.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Oracle 8 out of 10.

Lucas Sain
Chief Technology Officer at SYSDE
High performance, reliable, and excellent technical support

• "The main feature of Oracle Database is its performance."
  • "Oracle could improve by providing better integration with other solutions, such as Angular platforms."

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle Database for the solution we make using Oracle APEX for our clients. Oracle Database can be used in all sectors, we have many clients in the financial sector.

What is most valuable?

The main feature of Oracle Database is its performance.

What needs improvement?

Oracle could improve by providing better integration with other solutions, such as Angular platforms. We have a lot of pressure from our customers to have this type of compatibility, we end up using other solutions that tend to mimic the functionality but it is not natural, expensive, and is difficult to maintain.

We have already seen some tools that they are working on, but they are in an experimental stage and do not look too promising. There is a need for more collaboration moving forward. In the past it was beautiful, now the world is collaborative, and it is hard to have that integration with everybody else.

I have been using Oracle Database for approximately 30 years.

The solution is reliable.

The support from Oracle is very good.

The price of the solution could be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Database an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Irad Dukad
IT Manager at ducart
Stable solution for running ERP software

• "The solution is very stable."
  • "The solution is not easy to use and maintain."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution to run my ERP software.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not for everyday use. It is not easy to use and maintain. As it is on a Linux server, all its maintenance is outsourced for management as a DBA.

The interface could be more user-friendly.

I have been using Oracle Database for 15 years.

The solution is very stable.

The solution could be more scalable.

I did not use other solutions prior to using Oracle Database.

The initial setup is complex.

It can take up to 48 hours.

We made use of an integrator.

I pay to have the deployment and maintenance outsourced.

There is a need to pay for a license for the solution. This must be done annually.

The license is inexpensive.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution in an organizational setting. There are between 30 and 40 licenses.

I would not recommend this product to just anyone, only to technical professionals.

I rate Oracle Database as an eight out of ten.

KD
Senior Lead Developer at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Stable, with good real application security and support but the setup needs to be simplified

What is our primary use case?

We are third-party administrators and we use Oracle Database as our main Database.

What is most valuable?

What I like most is the real application security. I have been working with it recently.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup can be simplified.

I have been working with this solution since the beginning, for more than 20 years.

Stability is not a problem. It's more stable than other solutions.

It's a scalable solution. We haven't encountered any problems. We use partitioning and sharding.

Technical support is not a problem. We…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The initial setup can be simplified.

Stability is not a problem. It's more stable than other solutions.

Technical support is not a problem. We receive all of the technical support that we need.

The initial setup is complex.

The installation of Oracle products is not usually as straightforward as dealing with Microsoft products for example.

It's expensive. I would say that it is more expensive than other competing products.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Oracle Database a seven out of ten.