Irad Dukad
IT Manager at ducart
Stable solution for running ERP software

• "The solution is very stable."
  • "The solution is not easy to use and maintain."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution to run my ERP software.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not for everyday use. It is not easy to use and maintain. As it is on a Linux server, all its maintenance is outsourced for management as a DBA.

The interface could be more user-friendly.

I have been using Oracle Database for 15 years.

The solution is very stable.

The solution could be more scalable.

I did not use other solutions prior to using Oracle Database.

The initial setup is complex.

It can take up to 48 hours.

We made use of an integrator.

I pay to have the deployment and maintenance outsourced.

There is a need to pay for a license for the solution. This must be done annually.

The license is inexpensive.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution in an organizational setting. There are between 30 and 40 licenses.

I would not recommend this product to just anyone, only to technical professionals.

I rate Oracle Database as an eight out of ten.

KD
Senior Lead Developer at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Stable, with good real application security and support but the setup needs to be simplified

What is our primary use case?

We are third-party administrators and we use Oracle Database as our main Database.

What is most valuable?

What I like most is the real application security. I have been working with it recently.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup can be simplified.

I have been working with this solution since the beginning, for more than 20 years.

Stability is not a problem. It's more stable than other solutions.

It's a scalable solution. We haven't encountered any problems. We use partitioning and sharding.

Technical support is not a problem. We…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The initial setup can be simplified.

Stability is not a problem. It's more stable than other solutions.

Technical support is not a problem. We receive all of the technical support that we need.

The initial setup is complex.

The installation of Oracle products is not usually as straightforward as dealing with Microsoft products for example.

It's expensive. I would say that it is more expensive than other competing products.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Oracle Database a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,586 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SK
Sr. Professional Security Compliance at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Endless capacity and a stable platform; licensing formulation is unfortunately complicated

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as a customer database for our client so all customer information is available through this product. I'm a senior professional security compliance officer and we are partners with Oracle.

What is most valuable?

I like that the solution has an endless capacity, there are no limitations and it's a stable platform.

What needs improvement?

The licensing formulation could be improved; it's too complicated and very rigid.

I've been using this solution for a very long time.

It's a stable solution but there are bugs which I think is related to standards compliance. There are limitations in monitoring.

How are customer service and

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for a very long time.

Technical support is somewhat limited.

The initial setup was complex. Compared to the implementation of Microsoft SQL, we needed skilled people to manage Oracle. Implementation took some weeks.

What other advice do I have?

I think this is a good solution because it's easy to administer and manage but it requires the right skilled people. It's not ideal for our requirements but it's improving, whether it's encryption or security, I know they'll get there eventually.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

AG
Engineer consultant at a legal firm with 51-200 employees
High performance, reliable, and good support

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for database management.

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable feature to be the performance. We have a large database in my company and there is not likely a solution that has the performance we need.

What needs improvement?

Oracle Database could improve by providing access and integration with containers.

I have been using this solution for approximately 20 years.

The stability of this solution is good.

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for database management.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately 20 years.

The stability of this solution is good.

Oracle does not support standard containers and this is a limitation when it comes to scalability. You can not make a partition in the database. However, there might be a separate product to enable this feature.

We have approximately 10,000 users using this solution and this does not include the internet users that use our database every day.

The technical support has been good.

The price of the solution could improve.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle is the best database solution in the world. I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Oracle Database a nine out of ten.

Steve Jung
Director Of Sales Marketing at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Powerful functionality, performs well and highly scalable

What is our primary use case?

Oracle Database's main function is to store data.

What is most valuable?

The thing two things that I like most about Oracle Database are its scalability and performance.

I have used Oracle Database for four years. I'm Oracle certified.

Oracle Database is highly scalable. We have about 1,500 end-users overall.

In most cases, technical support is provided by Oracle.

What is our primary use case?

Oracle Database's main function is to store data.

What is most valuable?

I have used Oracle Database for four years. I'm Oracle certified.

Oracle Database is highly scalable. We have about 1,500 end-users overall.

In most cases, technical support is provided by Oracle.

Installation is straightforward. Total deployment takes three or four days. In most cases, you need help from an Oracle engineer to deploy. In terms of scalability and duplication, Oracle Database can be tricky, so you'll need an Oracle engineer most of the time. At our company, most of the employees have the necessary experience to maintain and operate Oracle Database.

Frankly speaking, Oracle Database is very expensive. But it offers a lot of value for the money in terms of scalability, performance, and powerful functionality. We have a yearly subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Database 10 out of 10. It's an excellent product. I would definitely recommend Oracle Database to others.

AR
Vice President & Head of IT Governance at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
A leading technology that allows us to manage our systems

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle Database for our core banking system. Including end users, there are approximately 8,000 customers and employees using this solution within our organization.  For maintenance, we require a team of roughly 20-25 developers, including a fiscal analyst and a project management lead.

How has it helped my organization?

We're a bank. Our customers trust us with their money. Oracle database is a leading technology that allows us to manage our systems.

What is most valuable?

It's very reliable.

I have been using Oracle Database for roughly 10 years.

Oracle Database is stable.

The technical…

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

It's very reliable.

I have been using Oracle Database for roughly 10 years.

Oracle Database is stable.

The technical support is okay.

Although I wasn't present for the initial setup, I believe it doesn't take much time.

An integrator helped us with the initial setup.

The licenses could definitely be cheaper. We pay on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution to others. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle Database a rating of eight.

Abhijith Palekar
Software Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Fast, stable and scalable, with Syntax options available in Google

What is our primary use case?

I mainly work on business intelligence with Qlik and use Oracle Database for the reporting and replicating. Together, we use Oracle Database and Oracle MySQL for this PoC. We use MySQL to feed the data to the Qlik compose.

What is most valuable?

The procedures work very well.  It's fast compared to other databases. The syntax options are available in Google.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup should be improved.

I have been working with Oracle Database for three years.

I have not worked on Oracle Database a lot, as I concentrate on business intelligence. However, I have not experienced any issues or limitations.

What do I think about the

What is our primary use case?

We use MySQL to feed the data to the Qlik compose.

What is most valuable?

The procedures work very well.

It's fast compared to other databases.

The syntax options are available in Google.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup should be improved.

I have been working with Oracle Database for three years.

It's a scalable product.

I have not contacted technical support. It's is handled through my internet team.

During the installation, we had to install certificates, but it was not mentioned in the documentation.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely, I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Oracle Database a nine out of ten.

mehrab hussain
Junior Software Engineer at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Reliable and easy to install

What is our primary use case?

I was using this solution for integration.

What needs improvement?

It should have a good UI. The user interface could be better. The installation could be improved when using different operations systems, as some take longer than others.

I have been working with Oracle Database for three months. We are using version 11g.

Oracle Database is a stable solution.

I am the only person in my organization who is using this solution.

I have not contacted technical support. I have not had any issues.

It is easy to install…

What is our primary use case?

I was using this solution for integration.

What needs improvement?

It should have a good UI. The user interface could be better.

I have been working with Oracle Database for three months.

We are using version 11g.

Oracle Database is a stable solution.

I am the only person in my organization who is using this solution.

I have not contacted technical support. I have not had any issues.

It is easy to install using the Windows OS, but when using Linux, it takes too much time.

I was able to complete the installation myself. I did not need a team to deploy it.

I am using the trial version.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It's a good database.

I would rate Oracle Database an eight out of ten.