RM
Consultant at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees

What is our primary use case?

We use this on-premise and cloud technology for our client databases.

How has it helped my organization?

Oracle thinks about the global customer, but the technology is only part of the solution.

What is most valuable?

The database performance. We can optimize the database for authorizing expenditure and other resource-heavy functions.

What needs improvement?

They could improve the storage and network overhead. They could minimize the storage to improve performance further. You have to optimize the resources according to your project.

What is our primary use case?

We use this on-premise and cloud technology for our client databases.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

We have been using the Oracle Database for a few years. I am the Customer Service Manager. Claro Colombia is the first telecommunications company in Colombia and a subsidiary of an American company based in Mexico. It's considered to be the third-largest company in South America outside China.

Oracle Database is stable and reliable.

Oracle Database is scalable and can be used with various sizes of projects.

We have to plan to simplify the setup, as it includes integration. The traditional infrastructure needs to adapt to the new technology, and Oracle introduces extra data into the mix. You have to establish if the project is small, large, or medium. This means the system is designed for the size of the customer or project.

We used integrators and consultants, including internal resources and external consulting. We used our internal install team with external consulting assistance.

I would rate the Oracle Database an eight out of 10 as a solution.

RT
Technical Delivery Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Feature-rich, very secure, robust, and scalable

• "The database is very secure, robust, and scalable. It has all the features that you need, such as disaster recovery, replication, backup, etc. It comes with all the features."
  • "When it comes to Oracle, the only complaint that I have is their support. For business-critical cases, finding support is a little bit difficult because of the timezone difference. They should provide faster support to resolve issues on time."

What is our primary use case?

I used it on-premises to implement core solutions for sandbags. Most of the time, I use the 11g version, but of late, I'm using version 12.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

When it comes to Oracle, the only complaint that I have is their support. For business-critical cases, finding support is a little bit difficult because of the timezone difference. They should provide faster support to resolve issues on time.

I have been using Oracle Database for nine to ten years.

It is scalable. The number of users using this solution depends upon the business. For example, a bank might have 4,000 or 5,000 community users.

They should provide faster support to resolve issues on time.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It takes a maximum of two hours, but it depends on your experience. If you know what you are doing, you can automate the entire process, and leave it to be done. From my experience, it usually takes 45 minutes to an hour.

I implement it on my own.

It is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are definitely going to keep using it. There is no better product than this. I would 100% recommend this solution to others as long as they can bear the cost. It is the best product, and it covers most of our needs.

I would rate Oracle Database a ten out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,608 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RT
Team Leader at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Robust and accessible with helpful technical support

• "Technical support has been helpful so far."
  • "The installation of the product could be designed to be simpler."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for our accounting system.

What is most valuable?

The solution is the best in the world. It's robust and accessible.

Oracle is the best on the market. They offer an exceptional product.

Technical support has been helpful so far.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be a bit cheaper. There are less expensive options.

The installation of the product could be designed to be simpler.

I've been using the solution for about three years. It's been a while.

Technical support has been great. We've been most satisfied with eh level of support we get. Everyone is helpful and responsive.

I also have experience with the SQL Server, which is less expensive. It's also easier to set up and deploy,

The initial setup isn't exactly straightforward. It's a bit more complex than, for example, an SQL Server, which is much more straightforward and simple to deploy.

We used a specialist when deploying the solution originally.

The solution is more expensive than the SQL server. If a company needs a less expensive option, it shouldn't necessarily choose Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

I use multiple versions of the solution, including 12C and 11G.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

I'd recommend the solution to others. Oracle really is the best, even though the initial setup can be a bit difficult.

AV
Information Systems Computer System Controller at a insurance company with 11-50 employees
A stable multi-model database management system

• "I like that it's stable. What's good is that Oracle manages the infrastructure. We have got better because they update the server by default or whenever it's needed. They try to fix it server by server because of their own support plans."
  • "It could be cheaper and easier to manage. Support could also be better. Performance could be better. Sometimes testing impacts the prediction performance. We have a complex server that serves both prediction and testing. Sometimes testing applies to many other deployments that impact the service provided. It's a problem for our company."

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle Database in most of our prediction environments. We're working on managing most of our applications for prediction and testing and running it on Oracle.

What is most valuable?

I like that it's stable. What's good is that Oracle manages the infrastructure. We have got better because they update the server by default or whenever it's needed. They try to fix it server by server because of their own support plans.

What needs improvement?

It could be cheaper and easier to manage. Support could also be better. Performance could be better. Sometimes testing impacts the prediction performance. We have a complex server that serves both prediction and testing. Sometimes testing applies to many other deployments that impact the service provided. It's a problem for our company.

We have been using Oracle for more than 20 years and Oracle Database for many years.

It provides stable services, and we don't worry about that.

I think it's scalable because we're now doing an integration, and we have been providing the capacity required for that. We currently have about 2,000 users and plan to increase usage.

Oracle's technical support isn't good enough. Our own professionals manage some issues.

It could be cheaper. We pay for the license on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle Database an eight.

Yasin Bin Wasim
Information Security Engineer at a security firm with 11-50 employees
A stable and scalable solution with good performance, but it is expensive and difficult to install and administer without prior knowledge

• "Its performance is good. It is also stable and scalable."
  • "Its administration side is very difficult. To install Oracle Database, you need to have some prior knowledge. You must learn their commands. I was new to this, so I found some difficulty in it. Its installation should be easier. It is expensive, and it should be cheaper."

What is our primary use case?

It is for my personal use. I am using it for implementing data loss prevention (DLP), for which Oracle Database had to be installed first. I didn't use it for any other product.

What is most valuable?

Its performance is good. It is also stable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

Its administration side is very difficult. To install Oracle Database, you need to have some prior knowledge. You must learn their commands. I was new to this, so I found some difficulty in it. Its installation should be easier.

It is expensive, and it should be cheaper.

I have been using this solution for around six months.

It is stable.

It is scalable. I will continue to use it because it is required for implementing DLP.

I haven't used their technical support.

I installed SQL Server.

You need to have prior knowledge to install Oracle Database. The deployment took three to four hours.

I installed it myself.

It is very expensive. Oracle licenses are expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it if it is necessary, but you need to have the budget to purchase it.

I would rate Oracle Database a six out of ten.

Ossama Benaziz
Operations Director at ALTERSIS Performance
Good support, works well for self-service portals and information systems

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and Oracle Database is one of the products that we implement for our clients. We have good knowledge when it comes to Oracle integrations. There are many use cases but it is most often used for specific software development projects, such as portals. We have some enterprise portals, for example, and it is also useful for self-service applications such as payments or other requests. It is often used for information systems.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it is a complete product with all of the functionality that you need, and there is no need for any special features.

We have been working with Oracle Database for a couple of years.

What do I think about

What is our primary use case?

It is often used for information systems.

What is most valuable?

We have been working with Oracle Database for a couple of years.

We have approximately 10 customers who are using Oracele.

Technical support is perfect.

The installation is quite straightforward. As long as you follow the proper process, there is no problem with it. Typically, it takes three or four hours to deploy.

For security aspects, our customers prefer an on-premises deployment over a cloud-based one.

We have two database administrators who are responsible for maintenance. One is a senior-level engineer and the other is a junior.

Our customers sometimes complain about the price of the license, as it is very high for them.

AS
Deputy IT Manager at ICAPP (Americana Group)
Stable and flexible, easy to use with a user-friendly interface

• "The interface is user-friendly."
  • "Oracle is not easy to integrate with other systems, which is something that should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily deal with infrastructure and do not manage applications but in the company, we use Oracle for our financial applications.

What is most valuable?

Oracle is a product that is easy to use.

The interface is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I began using Oracle approximately 10 years ago.

This is a stable database product and we plan to continue using it.

Oracle Database is scalable. We have approximately 100 users in the organization.

I have not been in contact with Oracle's technical support.

We use SQL in other applications, including Salesforce.

The initial setup is complex.

We had assistance from a third party that we outsourced for the deployment. It was a two-person team of engineers.

Licensing is on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle Database is a popular product that is used around the world and has a very large market share, compared to SAP.

In summary, this is a product that is really stable and flexible with a user-friendly interface, and I recommend it.

Kaan Çelik
Data Analytics and Business Intelligence Manager at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Feature rich, stability like a shield and installs fairly easy

• "When we are not able to solve a problem we immediately contacted Oracle support team to help us solve it."
  • "If you just install a database, it's easy but if you install some other programs it can be a little bit longer and difficult to install."

What is most valuable?

I would refer to Oracle's solution like a shield, it is very stable and has many features.

What needs improvement?

They could improve on making changes to their software faster, they are a large company and sometimes changes are slow. Also, Oracle can improve themselves in the cloud for Microsoft Azure systems.

I started using the solution 12 years ago.

When we are not able to solve a problem, we immediately contacted Oracle support team to help us solve it. They normally respond in a timely manner.

The installation can be easy. It depends on what you install. If you just install a database, it's easy but if you install some other programs it can be a little bit longer and difficult to install.

We have a team of approximately 10 technicians working on the deployment. Sometimes the deployment of the product can reach some barriers, not because of a fault of Oracle but sometimes the hardware systems being installed on are older and can cause some problems.

It would be a benefit if there were different pricing levels to help different size businesses. The product is a bit expensive compared to other competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Oracle Database, I love Oracle.

I rate Oracle Database a ten out of ten.