JS
Data Quality Specialist at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Intuitive interface and easy to use, but monitoring processes could improve

What is our primary use case?

Most of the use cases for Oracle Database I was involved in were for data migration. I was performing analysis and writing scripts to support the data migration from one data model to a new data model within the database. I wrote PVT scripts to test to make sure that the actions expected were all completed correctly. Additionally, I did ad hoc analysis in Oracle Health data quality issues and potential issues.

What is most valuable?

The interface of Oracle Database is very workable and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The monitoring of processes that are executing could be better. I find it very difficult to find processes that had been in a suspended state in order to stop them.

I have used Oracle…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The interface of Oracle Database is very workable and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I have used Oracle Database for approximately one year.

The solution is reliable and stable.

We have approximately 10 to 100 users using the solution in my organization.

I work in a medium to large enterprise and there are dedicated teams that do the implementation and maintenance of the solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It is a good performing database on medium to large data sets. The SQL Developer is a full-function user interface.

I rate Oracle Database a seven out of ten.

SM
Director at a tech vendor with 1-10 employees
Easy to scale, easy to use, and has good support

• "Oracle Database is easy to use."
  • "I would also like to see more features added and the stability needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as the core database in the banking and insurance systems.

What is most valuable?

Oracle Database is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more security included.

I have been using Oracle Database for five years.

We are using the latest version.

The stability of the Oracle Database needs to be improved.

Oracle Database is a very scalable product.

Technical support is great, but it can be faster.

Our users have used Windows 10.

I have used Oracle Linux for six years.

For someone who has used Oracle, before it's easy.

We have a DBA and our technical team of six who maintain this solution.

The license fee is paid annually.

The fees are another area that can be improved. The pricing should be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Oracle Database a nine out of ten. Because we work in banking and insurance systems, many people use this solution.

Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,608 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Muammer öztürk
Software Development Manager at gama
Is powerful, fast, and easy to install

• "It's powerful and fast, and the backup system is wonderful."
  • "Even if you have backup discs and never use Data Guard, you still have to pay for a license for it."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and HR. We also use it for financial modules and inventory.

What is most valuable?

The database is perfect. It's powerful and fast, and the backup system is wonderful.

It is easy to install as well.

What needs improvement?

After Oracle bought Sun Microsystems, they blocked all patches, even while using Solaris 8 or 9. So, we cannot get the patches for them.

You have to purchase extra licenses for Oracle Data Guard. Even if you have backup discs and never use Data Guard, you still have to pay for a license for it.

I've been using Oracle Database since 2002.

We are satisfied with Oracle's technical support. Depending on the situation, they may respond within an hour or in a day to weeks if testing needs to be done.

Oracle Database is easy to install. I have never come across a big problem during these 20 years.

Oracle requires you to purchase extra licenses for Oracle Data Guard.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle seems to be losing power and losing customers in the last two to three years. However, I still think it's a good solution and rate it at nine on a scale from one to ten.

RC
Product Manager at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
MSP
The integration is a good aspect but the CRM could be improved.

What is our primary use case?

Our users access the database via a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. It provides the basis of all the information in the company including information about suppliers, customers, and end-users. We have about 300 users.

What is most valuable?

The backup system is good. We back up all our key marketing data. The integration is a good aspect of Oracle.

What needs improvement?

CRM could be improved. What I mean by that is the CRM is composed of NetSuite and the Oracle database to perform the functions of a CRM. Both of these need to be improved. It is not very user friendly and there is not enough customization.

What needs improvement?

I joined the company two years ago. The Oracle database is the only one we use that I know of. The database is deployed on a private cloud.

Stability is good. It is a very stable product.

Scalability is good.

The setup is difficult.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Oracle database 7 out of 10. To get this up to 10 they would need to improve the interface.

Private Cloud

Other
RR
Manager, Special Projects at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Offers good security and supports customization

What is our primary use case?

We have numerous clients using Oracle Database, and they can choose the size of the solution they require. We have around 500 technical staff in our office to assist our clients when they need assistance. We support our customers for both hardware and software. We provide support for any particular Oracle resource they're using.

What is most valuable?

Oracle offers good security and supports customization.

What needs improvement?

Oracle is a costly product, and it requires a lot of resources.

We have been using Oracle Database for about eight years.

Oracle is a stable product.

Oracle technical…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Oracle offers good security and supports customization.

What needs improvement?

Oracle is a costly product, and it requires a lot of resources.

We have been using Oracle Database for about eight years.

Oracle is a stable product.

Oracle technical support is useful, and we rely on them often.

Oracle is a large implementation, especially in Oracle Enterprise Edition. Oracle provide good support for implementations, however.

Oracle is an expensive product.

Some of our customers ask us to provide a list of features for different products, which we provide, along with a cost analysis, if they wish to look at alternatives, but these can vary. Customers make their own decisions based on the information we provide.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Oracle 8 out of 10.

Lucas Sain
Chief Technology Officer at SYSDE
High performance, reliable, and excellent technical support

• "The main feature of Oracle Database is its performance."
  • "Oracle could improve by providing better integration with other solutions, such as Angular platforms."

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle Database for the solution we make using Oracle APEX for our clients. Oracle Database can be used in all sectors, we have many clients in the financial sector.

What is most valuable?

The main feature of Oracle Database is its performance.

What needs improvement?

Oracle could improve by providing better integration with other solutions, such as Angular platforms. We have a lot of pressure from our customers to have this type of compatibility, we end up using other solutions that tend to mimic the functionality but it is not natural, expensive, and is difficult to maintain.

We have already seen some tools that they are working on, but they are in an experimental stage and do not look too promising. There is a need for more collaboration moving forward. In the past it was beautiful, now the world is collaborative, and it is hard to have that integration with everybody else.

I have been using Oracle Database for approximately 30 years.

The solution is reliable.

The support from Oracle is very good.

The price of the solution could be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Database an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Bhavien C Nayak
Chief Financial Officer at a pharma/biotech company with 51-200 employees
Easy to use, works well, and integrates well

• "I am not an IT person. I am an end-user of this solution, and based on my experience, it is comfortable to work with. Everything is okay, and the data is timely available. It can also be easily integrated."
  • "Their local support can be better. Local support is a challenge in Africa for all IT companies."

What is our primary use case?

This is our database for ERP and all other things.

What is most valuable?

I am not an IT person. I am an end-user of this solution, and based on my experience, it is comfortable to work with. Everything is okay, and the data is timely available. It can also be easily integrated.

What needs improvement?

Their local support can be better. Local support is a challenge in Africa for all IT companies.

I have been using this solution for a couple of years.

We have approximately a hundred users in our organization. We plan to keep using this solution.

Their technical support is good, but there is no local support. Local support is a challenge in Africa for all IT companies.

For deployment, we have three full-time employees and a few consultants.

We have bought a license, and it was a one-time cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Oracle Database a nine out of ten. My experience as an end-user has been good with this solution. I have not used any other product or have knowledge of any other product.

Irad Dukad
IT Manager at ducart
Stable solution for running ERP software

• "The solution is very stable."
  • "The solution is not easy to use and maintain."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution to run my ERP software.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not for everyday use. It is not easy to use and maintain. As it is on a Linux server, all its maintenance is outsourced for management as a DBA.

The interface could be more user-friendly.

I have been using Oracle Database for 15 years.

The solution is very stable.

The solution could be more scalable.

I did not use other solutions prior to using Oracle Database.

The initial setup is complex.

It can take up to 48 hours.

We made use of an integrator.

I pay to have the deployment and maintenance outsourced.

There is a need to pay for a license for the solution. This must be done annually.

The license is inexpensive.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution in an organizational setting. There are between 30 and 40 licenses.

I would not recommend this product to just anyone, only to technical professionals.

I rate Oracle Database as an eight out of ten.