AS
Deputy IT Manager at ICAPP (Americana Group)
Stable and flexible, easy to use with a user-friendly interface

• "The interface is user-friendly."
  • "Oracle is not easy to integrate with other systems, which is something that should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily deal with infrastructure and do not manage applications but in the company, we use Oracle for our financial applications.

What is most valuable?

Oracle is a product that is easy to use.

The interface is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I began using Oracle approximately 10 years ago.

This is a stable database product and we plan to continue using it.

Oracle Database is scalable. We have approximately 100 users in the organization.

I have not been in contact with Oracle's technical support.

We use SQL in other applications, including Salesforce.

The initial setup is complex.

We had assistance from a third party that we outsourced for the deployment. It was a two-person team of engineers.

Licensing is on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle Database is a popular product that is used around the world and has a very large market share, compared to SAP.

In summary, this is a product that is really stable and flexible with a user-friendly interface, and I recommend it.

MH
IT Architect at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Reliable, feature-rich, and secure

• "I like the enterprise features as well as the stability."
  • "I believe that the simplicity of installation and configuration for logging in to Microsoft and PostgreSQL could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle Database for banking and data warehousing.

What is most valuable?

I like the enterprise features as well as the stability.

What needs improvement?

The pricing model and scalability could both be improved.

The level of global support given could be improved.

I have been working with Oracle Database for 20 years.

Oracle Database is a stable product.

When it comes to scalability, Oracle Database is not at the top, but it is better than some of its competitors.

We have hundreds of users in our organization.

The local support is fine, but the global support is terrible, and not worth the cost.

Previously, we used IBM products.

We are also using Microsoft.

We use PostgreSQL, but it is not currently in production.

The pricing model could be better.

When using this solution, there are no additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend PostgreSQL for long-term use.

I haven't seen an alternative if they need a reliable and secure solution for a mission-critical quality control system, because Microsoft lacks enterprise features and PostgreSQL isn't well-established in banking.

I would rate Oracle Database an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,382 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Kaan Çelik
Data Analytics and Business Intelligence Manager at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Feature rich, stability like a shield and installs fairly easy

• "When we are not able to solve a problem we immediately contacted Oracle support team to help us solve it."
  • "If you just install a database, it's easy but if you install some other programs it can be a little bit longer and difficult to install."

What is most valuable?

I would refer to Oracle's solution like a shield, it is very stable and has many features.

What needs improvement?

They could improve on making changes to their software faster, they are a large company and sometimes changes are slow. Also, Oracle can improve themselves in the cloud for Microsoft Azure systems.

I started using the solution 12 years ago.

When we are not able to solve a problem, we immediately contacted Oracle support team to help us solve it. They normally respond in a timely manner.

The installation can be easy. It depends on what you install. If you just install a database, it's easy but if you install some other programs it can be a little bit longer and difficult to install.

We have a team of approximately 10 technicians working on the deployment. Sometimes the deployment of the product can reach some barriers, not because of a fault of Oracle but sometimes the hardware systems being installed on are older and can cause some problems.

It would be a benefit if there were different pricing levels to help different size businesses. The product is a bit expensive compared to other competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Oracle Database, I love Oracle.

I rate Oracle Database a ten out of ten.

JS
Data Quality Specialist at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Intuitive interface and easy to use, but monitoring processes could improve

What is our primary use case?

Most of the use cases for Oracle Database I was involved in were for data migration. I was performing analysis and writing scripts to support the data migration from one data model to a new data model within the database. I wrote PVT scripts to test to make sure that the actions expected were all completed correctly. Additionally, I did ad hoc analysis in Oracle Health data quality issues and potential issues.

What is most valuable?

The interface of Oracle Database is very workable and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The monitoring of processes that are executing could be better. I find it very difficult to find processes that had been in a suspended state in order to stop them.

I have used Oracle…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The interface of Oracle Database is very workable and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I have used Oracle Database for approximately one year.

The solution is reliable and stable.

We have approximately 10 to 100 users using the solution in my organization.

I work in a medium to large enterprise and there are dedicated teams that do the implementation and maintenance of the solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It is a good performing database on medium to large data sets. The SQL Developer is a full-function user interface.

I rate Oracle Database a seven out of ten.

SM
Director at a tech vendor with 1-10 employees
Easy to scale, easy to use, and has good support

• "Oracle Database is easy to use."
  • "I would also like to see more features added and the stability needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as the core database in the banking and insurance systems.

What is most valuable?

Oracle Database is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more security included.

I have been using Oracle Database for five years.

We are using the latest version.

The stability of the Oracle Database needs to be improved.

Oracle Database is a very scalable product.

Technical support is great, but it can be faster.

Our users have used Windows 10.

I have used Oracle Linux for six years.

For someone who has used Oracle, before it's easy.

We have a DBA and our technical team of six who maintain this solution.

The license fee is paid annually.

The fees are another area that can be improved. The pricing should be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Oracle Database a nine out of ten. Because we work in banking and insurance systems, many people use this solution.

Muammer öztürk
Software Development Manager at gama
Is powerful, fast, and easy to install

• "It's powerful and fast, and the backup system is wonderful."
  • "Even if you have backup discs and never use Data Guard, you still have to pay for a license for it."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and HR. We also use it for financial modules and inventory.

What is most valuable?

The database is perfect. It's powerful and fast, and the backup system is wonderful.

It is easy to install as well.

What needs improvement?

After Oracle bought Sun Microsystems, they blocked all patches, even while using Solaris 8 or 9. So, we cannot get the patches for them.

You have to purchase extra licenses for Oracle Data Guard. Even if you have backup discs and never use Data Guard, you still have to pay for a license for it.

I've been using Oracle Database since 2002.

We are satisfied with Oracle's technical support. Depending on the situation, they may respond within an hour or in a day to weeks if testing needs to be done.

Oracle Database is easy to install. I have never come across a big problem during these 20 years.

Oracle requires you to purchase extra licenses for Oracle Data Guard.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle seems to be losing power and losing customers in the last two to three years. However, I still think it's a good solution and rate it at nine on a scale from one to ten.

Viranjan Anawaratne
Senior Manager -Datacenter Planning and Operations at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
A stable database solution with high performance levels

What is our primary use case?

We are running Oracle databases in Oracle Exadata.

What is most valuable?

Oracle Database is very stable. In terms of stability and performance, Oracle is super. On the database side, Oracle is number one in our tests.

What needs improvement?

The price could be better. Oracle Database could also be easier to scale.

We have been using Oracle Database for quite a long time, and probably since 2002.

Oracle Database is very stable.

What is our primary use case?

We are running Oracle databases in Oracle Exadata.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The price could be better. Oracle Database could also be easier to scale.

Oracle Database is very stable.

Oracle Database could be easier to scale. As Exadata is not easily scalable, Oracle Database is also not easy to scale. We have over 10,000 applications running on Oracle Database.

We use a local Oracle company for support, and they help us whenever someone has an issue.

We have done a lot of Oracle Database installations, and we are pretty familiar with it. So, it's easy for us.

The Oracle license is quite expensive, and we pay on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Oracle Database to new users if they can afford the price.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle Database a ten.

SN
DGM Data Centre at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Reliable, scales well, and easy to install

What is our primary use case?

All of our critical databases are running on Oracle Database.

What is most valuable?

They continue to improve and are always introducing new features.

What needs improvement?

More integration, in my opinion, would be beneficial.

I have been working with Oracle Database for 20 to 30 years. Because we have a long-term contract with the software team, we are always up to date. It's always the most up-to-date version.

Because Oracle Database is incredibly stable, it has been used for 20 to 30 years.

Oracle Database is a scalable solution. It is being worked on by the development team. As a…

What is our primary use case?

All of our critical databases are running on Oracle Database.

What is most valuable?

They continue to improve and are always introducing new features.

What needs improvement?

More integration, in my opinion, would be beneficial.

I have been working with Oracle Database for 20 to 30 years.

Oracle Database is a scalable solution.

It is being worked on by the development team. As a result, it's reaching our entire organization's population.

I have never contacted technical support.

Previously, we were using NetVault. We also use MySQL.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

We have the necessary expertise to set up and deploy this solution in-house.

We have a subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Oracle Database an eight out of ten.