Web Application Firewall (WAF) Questions
Nov 01 2021
Would you recommend using an open-source WAF for a large company? If so, which one and why?
Oct 07 2021
Hi security and IT professionals,
In what cases should an organization choose a Firewall as a Service (FWaaS) solution?
When should FWaaS be a complementary product to the on-premise FW/NGFW?
Oct 11 2021
What are the OWASP Top 10 this year?
What single web app security tool (or a minimum set of tools) would you recommend for overall web app protection (from the most critical security risks covered by these Top 10)?
Jul 07 2021
I'm trying to understand what limitations AWS WAF has vs other (alternative) Web Application Firewall (WAF) products.
Jul 26 2021
Should one go for a URL Filtering as an add-on to NGFW or just deploy a Web proxy, instead?
I am one who advocates that firewalls with URL Filtering can't serve better than Web security solutions (i.e., a Web proxy).
What's your opinion?
Has anyone ever heard of secureaccess.com?
The service they are offering appears to tick all the boxes that I'm after.
Any other companies do something remotely similar or the same thing?
I'm going to list a few things that I'm after...
- I need a service that shields the connection between my employees and the web applications that we use.
- permission management for individual web applications at both user and group level
- SSO and 2FA
- Integrated WAF
- Integrate LDAP
Aug 10 2021
There are so many firewall products in the market today. Who are we going to be talking about 3-5 years from now?
Aug 16 2021
There seems to be some controversy around whether or not SSL Inspection should be used by businesses.
What is your opinion - should they be used, and if so when? Conversely, what are the reasons for not using SSL inspection?
Nov 12 2021
It seems that there is some overlap between these two types of solutions - how do Bot Managers and WAF differ? How can they work together to improve security?
Is a WAF the best defense against a DDoS attack? What are the most effective ways of protecting a business against DDoS attacks?
Aug 31 2021
I am a Sales Director at a company with less than 1,000 employees.
I am researching Web Application Firewalls (WAF). I am considering R&S (DenyAll) and Imperva. Which would you recommend?
Are there others I should consider?
Aug 24 2021
I am the CTO for a large multi-specialty private hospital.
We are currently researching WAF solutions. Which WAF solution would you recommend with no heritage for subscription charges? We are a hospital with many web apps that need to be published soon and quickly. We have decent internet access. There could be 100 to 125 concurrent sessions.
Thanks! I appreciate your help.(less)
We required a 24/7 automated vulnerability monitoring tool for securing our web applications. We are looking for options like Sitelock and Immuniweb.
Download our free Web Application Firewall (WAF) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Akamai, Imperva, and more!
- Which lesser known firewall product has the best chance at unseating the market leaders?
- Which WAF solution would you recommend to cater to 100 to 125 concurrent sessions?
- What do you recommend for a securing Web Application?
- When should companies use SSL Inspection?
- NGFW with URL Filtering vs Web Proxy
- How does a WAF help to protect against DDoS attacks?
- Which Web Application Firewall (WAF) would you recommend? R&S or Imperva?
- What is a Bot Manager? How does it differ from WAF?
- When should a company choose a Firewall-as-a-Service (FWaaS) solution?
- What are the OWASP Top 10 in 2021?