Mustapha Eldiraoui
Database Supervisor at Saudi Bin Ladin Group
Scalable but requires a huge setup for installation

• "It is scalable."
  • "We don't like Oracle EBS because it is very old. Nowadays, all the systems are on the cloud and web-based. With Oracle EBS, you need a huge setup before installing it. You need a lot of servers. There are a lot of problems and bugs in the system. We have to move from Oracle EBS to another system. In terms of improvements, it can have better training for end users and better support."

What is our primary use case?

I am a system analyst and database supervisor. I prepare the reports and take the reports from the system.

We are mainly using this product for HR and finance. We also use it a little bit for supply chain. We are using a legacy version of this product.

What is most valuable?

It is scalable.

What needs improvement?

We don't like Oracle EBS because it is very old. Nowadays, all the systems are on the cloud and web-based. With Oracle EBS, you need a huge setup before installing it. You need a lot of servers. There are a lot of problems and bugs in the system. We have to move from Oracle EBS to another system. In terms of improvements, it can have better training for end users and better support.

We have been using Oracle E-Business Suite in some divisions since 2014.

It is stable because we already know where are the problems and errors. So, we are able to handle it manually, but this is not healthy at all.

It is scalable. We have around 1,000 users.

We didn't use their technical support because we didn't pay for the license for support.

I am not responsible for installation or setup. You need a huge setup and a lot of servers before installing it.

Its implementation was very difficult. We used an implementer, but he was bad.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution but with good implementation from the beginning. After implementation, you can build whatever you want. You can create any flow.

We will continue to use this solution because we have the system license, but we will eventually move from Oracle EBS to another system. We are trying to go to HCM Fusion, but we have some problems with the management. That's why we haven't moved to Fusion.

I would rate Oracle E-Business Suite a seven out of ten.

Pradyut Pal
Service Delivery Manager at Tech Mahindra Limited
Good performance and great technical support

• "Their great technical support is one of the most valuable features."
  • "It should be made a little bit more user friendly. When I complete my implementation and hand it over to the clients or the person who will operate it on a day-to-day basis, they find it a little bit difficult because they are not from a highly qualified IT background. I want Oracle to make it a little bit more user friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We implement the support. We are using this solution for a couple of things. We have customers from various sectors, such as the manufacturing sector, sales sector, service industry, and hospitality industry. We've been using Oracle E-Business Suite in these areas.

What is most valuable?

Their great technical support is one of the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

It should be made a little bit more user friendly. When I complete my implementation and hand it over to the clients or the person who will operate it on a day-to-day basis, they find it a little bit difficult because they are not from a highly qualified IT background. I want Oracle to make it a little bit more user friendly.

We have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for the last two and a half years.

There are no issues with stability and scalability.

Technical support from Oracle has always been great. We have never faced any issues when it comes to anything related to technical support from Oracle. In fact, there have been times when they went the extra mile to support us.

The initial setup is neither too complicated nor too simple. If you are experienced, it doesn't take too long.

We are satisfied with the pricing of Oracle E-Business Suite. Pricing is pretty much okay if you consider the products and the service that you are getting. A quality product never comes at a cheap price. Oracle is costly, but they support you. If you are looking for pricing, then I would say not to go for Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

Performance-wise and support-wise, everything is fine. I don't see any challenges.

I would rate Oracle E-Business Suite a nine out of ten. It just needs to be a bit more user friendly.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Oracle E-Business Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,586 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AA
CX Specialist at a government with 201-500 employees
A centralized ERP system that handles everything

• "I like that one system covers everything."
  • "They don't have built-in bank integrations, which would be very helpful."

What is most valuable?

I like that one system covers everything. The main objective of ERP, in general, is to try to integrate the departments and control various processes. It's the main objective for big companies where many people are working. By implementing ERP, you can control the processes, control the business consulting, and have one system to handle everything.

What needs improvement?

They don't have built-in bank integrations, which would be very helpful. For API, I know Oracle has a big library of APIs, and you can extend it. But most important integrations are still missing. These are mainly for features to integrate with other systems and other market forces, like banks or civic parties.

For example, for the environment to work using E-Business Suite, which is not handling the budgeting in the power tool, we have to purchase Hyperion and integrate Hyperion with the E-Business Suite. If you want reporting, you can select a reporting tool or different reporting tools for business intelligence. For each case, it's painful to have multi-systems in place. Most companies prefer to have one system and it's costly.

I have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for about 13 years.

Oracle E-business Suite is a stable solution.

Oracle E-business Suite is easy to scale. But sometimes, the company requirements don't fit with the software requirements.

I'm an implementer, so the Oracle E-business Suite's initial setup is easy for me.

I implemented Oracle E-Business Suite by myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Oracle E-Business Suite to potential users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle E-Business Suite an eight.

Other
Mahdi Ajoudanian
Product Manager at irisa
Great customization and integration features, unfortunately feels somewhat outdated

• "ERP is a valuable feature of this product."
  • "User interface is outdated and not user friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution in our company to help with processes and dealing with payments for company projects. We are customers of Oracle and I'm the director of ERP systems.

What is most valuable?

There are a few valuable features in this solution, the most valuable of which is the ERP. The customization and integration features are also great, it's the main thing you look for in a suite.

What needs improvement?

Our biggest problem with this solution is the user interface. We'd like to see a simpler, more user-friendly product, with a flexible process, like you get with Fusion or SAP S4HANA. Both those solutions have a better UI, whereas Oracle has older features and feels like an outdated product. We're looking to migrate to another product because of that and because Oracle is lacking AI features.

I've been using this solution for five years.

This is a stable product.

Technical support is a mixed bag and depends on the support requested. Sometimes it goes to someone who isn't knowledgeable and can't help us and sometimes they're fine and can solve our problem.

The initial setup was a little complex for us and I think it took close to seven months to complete using an integrator team; it's a continuous process. We have a team that deals with the maintenance of the solution and there are around 400 users in the company.

This is an expensive solution but it's to be expected because ERPs are expensive.

What other advice do I have?

This is still a good product and I would recommend it even though it doesn't suit us anymore.

I rate this solution a seven out of 10.

TA
Head of Data Management Section at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good step-by-step documentation, reliable, and scalable, but support and licensing fees are expensive

• "Technical support is good."
  • "Pricing is the biggest disadvantage of Oracle."

What is our primary use case?

We are an enterprise government organization.

We are a public sector utility company.

What needs improvement?

They should charge lower support and licensing fees. Pricing is the biggest disadvantage of Oracle.

Releases are a different issue, first, they have to consider the initial support cost as well as the licensing cost. Furthermore, they should not force customers to use hybrid or private clouds.

I have been working with Oracle E-Business Suite for more than ten years.

We are a large enterprise, and we have been using E-Business Suite for 15 years. And now we're thinking about changing the technology.

Oracle E-Business Suite is a stable product, as well as many other vendors.

Oracle E-Business Suite is a scalable solution.

We are a large enterprise, and we have been using E-Business Suite for 15 years. And now we're thinking about changing the technology.

Technical support is good.

I am a flexible IT professional who is not limited to a single technology. I have experience in Unix administration, Linux administration, and storage administration.

The initial setup is easy. Oracle provides step-by-step documentation.

With resources and experience, it is easy.

Fees for support and licensing should be reduced.

Support must be paid for separately, but third-party support is less expensive and has more resources.

What other advice do I have?

We use Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Utilities.

I started my career using Oracle Databases, and I am still using Oracle.

I would rate Oracle E-Business Suite a six out of ten.

Ravi_S
Head - Financial Reporting and Taxation at Sify Technologies
Lacking billing module, expensive, but reliable

• "The solution is good for small businesses."
  • "Earlier when our organization was small they chose Oracle because in the telecommunication industry everybody was using Oracle. Our company has grown to a size where our particularly billing phase has created some challenges and now we are looking at alternate solutions. There is not a billing engine or module that you can buy from Oracle that can be added to this EBS solution to fix our problem. They should add a billing module or engine to the solution."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution in our whole business as an EBS.

What is most valuable?

The solution is good for small businesses.

What needs improvement?

Earlier when our organization was small they chose Oracle because in the telecommunication industry everybody was using Oracle. Our company has grown to a size where our particularly billing phase has created some challenges and now we are looking at alternate solutions. There is not a billing engine or module that you can buy from Oracle that can be added to this EBS solution to fix our problem. They should add a billing module or engine to the solution.

I have been using this solution for approximately three years.

The solution is stable.

The scalability has been good.

We have been in continuous contact with technical support but they do not have a solution to the billing problems we are faced with. Additionally, there are other issues they have not been able to help us with.

The initial setup was complex. The migration took a very long time, approximately four months.

The price of the solution is extremely high.

We are evaluating different solutions.

What other advice do I have?

In my current scenario, I would not recommend EBS for anyone. It is better to purchase a cloud solution rather than having this one.

I rate Oracle E-Business Suite a five out of ten.

AS
Deputy IT Manager at ICAPP (Americana Group)
Good support, scales according to our needs, and makes finance operations easier

• "It makes financial operations easier to perform."
  • "It requires training before you can easily use this product, so it should be easier to use."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used in our financial department. It makes financial operations easier to perform.

What is most valuable?

This is a stable product that performs well in our financial department.

What needs improvement?

It requires training before you can easily use this product, so it should be easier to use. It is of moderate difficulty; not very easy and not too hard, but training is needed.

The installation could be simplified.

We have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for ten years.

This solution is stable and we plan to continue using it.

This is a scalable product and we have approximately 100 users.

We have been in contact with Oracle support and have opened tickets with them. We are satisfied with the service.

The initial setup is complex.

We outsourced for the implementation.

The maintenance is being done by our in-house group of four people.

The license is very expensive and I think that it needs to be cheaper to get a wider range of users or customers. We pay for licensing on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I recommend it for large businesses.

Zvika Ganz
VP IT and Information Systems at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Scalable with good support, but the user-experience needs to be improved

• "The most valuable features are the financial-related capabilities."
  • "The simplicity of the user experience needs to be improved tremendously."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary uses are in our financial and manufacturing systems.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the financial-related capabilities.

What needs improvement?

The simplicity of the user experience needs to be improved tremendously.

The support and analytics features need to be improved.

I have been working with the Oracle E-Business Suite for 20 years.

From my perspective and from my experience with other solutions, I would say that the Oracle E-Business Suite is very scalable. There are approximately 150 users.

I would rate the Oracle technical support and eight out of ten. The quality of the solution and the speed in which they provide it are good, but not excellent.

This is a complex implementation. It took approximately eight months to deploy.

We have an in-house team of five engineers for maintenance.

Considering the market at the moment, Oracle needs to adjust the pricing of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product I totally recommend it. That said, there are some issues with the UX, analytics, and general complexity of it. It is very good from an executive perspective and a very good tool, but from the UX-perspective, it is old-fashioned.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Oracle E-Business Suite Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.