AA
CX Specialist at a government with 201-500 employees
A centralized ERP system that handles everything

• "I like that one system covers everything."
  • "They don't have built-in bank integrations, which would be very helpful."

What is most valuable?

I like that one system covers everything. The main objective of ERP, in general, is to try to integrate the departments and control various processes. It's the main objective for big companies where many people are working. By implementing ERP, you can control the processes, control the business consulting, and have one system to handle everything.

What needs improvement?

They don't have built-in bank integrations, which would be very helpful. For API, I know Oracle has a big library of APIs, and you can extend it. But most important integrations are still missing. These are mainly for features to integrate with other systems and other market forces, like banks or civic parties.

For example, for the environment to work using E-Business Suite, which is not handling the budgeting in the power tool, we have to purchase Hyperion and integrate Hyperion with the E-Business Suite. If you want reporting, you can select a reporting tool or different reporting tools for business intelligence. For each case, it's painful to have multi-systems in place. Most companies prefer to have one system and it's costly.

I have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for about 13 years.

Oracle E-business Suite is a stable solution.

Oracle E-business Suite is easy to scale. But sometimes, the company requirements don't fit with the software requirements.

I'm an implementer, so the Oracle E-business Suite's initial setup is easy for me.

I implemented Oracle E-Business Suite by myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Oracle E-Business Suite to potential users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle E-Business Suite an eight.

Other
Mahdi Ajoudanian
Product Manager at irisa
Great customization and integration features, unfortunately feels somewhat outdated

• "ERP is a valuable feature of this product."
  • "User interface is outdated and not user friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution in our company to help with processes and dealing with payments for company projects. We are customers of Oracle and I'm the director of ERP systems.

What is most valuable?

There are a few valuable features in this solution, the most valuable of which is the ERP. The customization and integration features are also great, it's the main thing you look for in a suite.

What needs improvement?

Our biggest problem with this solution is the user interface. We'd like to see a simpler, more user-friendly product, with a flexible process, like you get with Fusion or SAP S4HANA. Both those solutions have a better UI, whereas Oracle has older features and feels like an outdated product. We're looking to migrate to another product because of that and because Oracle is lacking AI features.

I've been using this solution for five years.

This is a stable product.

Technical support is a mixed bag and depends on the support requested. Sometimes it goes to someone who isn't knowledgeable and can't help us and sometimes they're fine and can solve our problem.

The initial setup was a little complex for us and I think it took close to seven months to complete using an integrator team; it's a continuous process. We have a team that deals with the maintenance of the solution and there are around 400 users in the company.

This is an expensive solution but it's to be expected because ERPs are expensive.

What other advice do I have?

This is still a good product and I would recommend it even though it doesn't suit us anymore.

I rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about Oracle E-Business Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ravi_S
Head - Financial Reporting and Taxation at Sify Technologies
Lacking billing module, expensive, but reliable

• "The solution is good for small businesses."
  • "Earlier when our organization was small they chose Oracle because in the telecommunication industry everybody was using Oracle. Our company has grown to a size where our particularly billing phase has created some challenges and now we are looking at alternate solutions. There is not a billing engine or module that you can buy from Oracle that can be added to this EBS solution to fix our problem. They should add a billing module or engine to the solution."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution in our whole business as an EBS.

What is most valuable?

The solution is good for small businesses.

What needs improvement?

Earlier when our organization was small they chose Oracle because in the telecommunication industry everybody was using Oracle. Our company has grown to a size where our particularly billing phase has created some challenges and now we are looking at alternate solutions. There is not a billing engine or module that you can buy from Oracle that can be added to this EBS solution to fix our problem. They should add a billing module or engine to the solution.

I have been using this solution for approximately three years.

The solution is stable.

The scalability has been good.

We have been in continuous contact with technical support but they do not have a solution to the billing problems we are faced with. Additionally, there are other issues they have not been able to help us with.

The initial setup was complex. The migration took a very long time, approximately four months.

The price of the solution is extremely high.

We are evaluating different solutions.

What other advice do I have?

In my current scenario, I would not recommend EBS for anyone. It is better to purchase a cloud solution rather than having this one.

I rate Oracle E-Business Suite a five out of ten.

AS
Deputy IT Manager at ICAPP (Americana Group)
Good support, scales according to our needs, and makes finance operations easier

• "It makes financial operations easier to perform."
  • "It requires training before you can easily use this product, so it should be easier to use."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used in our financial department. It makes financial operations easier to perform.

What is most valuable?

This is a stable product that performs well in our financial department.

What needs improvement?

It requires training before you can easily use this product, so it should be easier to use. It is of moderate difficulty; not very easy and not too hard, but training is needed.

The installation could be simplified.

We have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for ten years.

This solution is stable and we plan to continue using it.

This is a scalable product and we have approximately 100 users.

We have been in contact with Oracle support and have opened tickets with them. We are satisfied with the service.

The initial setup is complex.

We outsourced for the implementation.

The maintenance is being done by our in-house group of four people.

The license is very expensive and I think that it needs to be cheaper to get a wider range of users or customers. We pay for licensing on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I recommend it for large businesses.

Zvika Ganz
VP IT and Information Systems at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Scalable with good support, but the user-experience needs to be improved

• "The most valuable features are the financial-related capabilities."
  • "The simplicity of the user experience needs to be improved tremendously."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary uses are in our financial and manufacturing systems.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the financial-related capabilities.

What needs improvement?

The simplicity of the user experience needs to be improved tremendously.

The support and analytics features need to be improved.

I have been working with the Oracle E-Business Suite for 20 years.

From my perspective and from my experience with other solutions, I would say that the Oracle E-Business Suite is very scalable. There are approximately 150 users.

I would rate the Oracle technical support and eight out of ten. The quality of the solution and the speed in which they provide it are good, but not excellent.

This is a complex implementation. It took approximately eight months to deploy.

We have an in-house team of five engineers for maintenance.

Considering the market at the moment, Oracle needs to adjust the pricing of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product I totally recommend it. That said, there are some issues with the UX, analytics, and general complexity of it. It is very good from an executive perspective and a very good tool, but from the UX-perspective, it is old-fashioned.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
AS
Software Engineer with 11-50 employees
Functional interface, secure, but lacking business-specific processes

• "I have found the solution to have a good interface, security, and is user-friendly."
  • "There are some business-specific processes still not implemented."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution for financial management and other projects.

What is most valuable?

I have found the solution to have a good interface, security, and is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

There are some business-specific processes still not implemented. We need the IPC solution subcontractor management that is not available. We have to create the IPC solution but these types of extensions should be provided by Oracle and be included in this solution and the cloud version.

I have used the solution for approximately ten years.

The solution is reliable.

We have many major regions of our company using the solution.

The initial setup complexity depends on how you map Oracle facilities with the business process.

When we did the first implementation we used a third-party team, for further installations our internal team did the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle is the best solution, I would recommend this solution to others. It covers a lot of models and is very good.

I rate Oracle E-Business Suite a seven out of ten.

Jurij Visnar
IT Administrator at Unior d.d.
Feature-rich and reliable but the support and pricing could be better

• "Oracle E-Business Suite is a stable product."
  • "It would be nice to have more web services."

What is most valuable?

Some of the features we have are purchasing the inventory, general ledger, order management, receivables, payables, and process production.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to have more web services. For example, it would be easier to integrate our applications with EBS.

I would definitely like to see web services in purchasing. It has badly covered integration with APIs.

I have been working with Oracle E-Business Suite since 2007.

Oracle E-Business Suite is a stable product.

We have approximately 250 licenses in our organization.

We have support from our local vendors who send service requests directly to Oracle.

Service requests directly from Oracle take too much time and effort.

The price would be better if it were lower.

We are adopting other modules with local vendors. We have support from them.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest getting a local implementor.

I would rate Oracle E-Business Suite a seven out of ten.

Download our free Oracle E-Business Suite Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.