Oracle Eloqua OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Eloqua is #5 ranked solution in top Marketing Automation tools. IT Central Station users give Oracle Eloqua an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle Eloqua is most commonly compared to Salesforce Marketing Cloud:Oracle Eloqua vs Salesforce Marketing Cloud. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 44% of all views.
What is Oracle Eloqua?

Eloqua is the Oracle marketing automation and revenue performance management solution used by sales and marketing teams all over the world. With Eloqua, organizations can easily execute marketing campaigns, build and manage their databases, convert leads to sales, and measure the impact of marketing activities on the organization.

Oracle Eloqua was previously known as Eloqua, Oracle Marketing Cloud.

Download the Marketing Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Oracle Eloqua Customers

Thomson Reuters, The Dow Chemical Company, Avid, LifeSize, and Avalara.

Oracle Eloqua Video

Oracle Eloqua Reviews

JH
Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A key feature is the great support of extremely large databases

• "It provides good support for really large databases."
  • "This product hasn't kept up to date on features."

What is most valuable?

The main value of this solution is its support of really large databases. If you have five million customers, you're not going to be able to use HubSpot or Pardot, it'll be Eloqua which has always been known for really huge databases. Nobody buying Eloqua is going to be running on SAP or some minor database, they'll be running on an Eloqua database.

What needs improvement?

This product hasn't kept up to date on features; they haven't adapted to or adopted newer ways of doing business. In addition, it's a very expensive solution. As a result, they're losing market share.

Our customers have been using this solution for 11 years.

I actually think it's too stable in the sense that there's nothing new there. They recently came out with a new interface, after having the previous one for 15 years. That's unheard of in hi-tech. Unfortunately the new interface was quite buggy.

It's scalable up but not scalable down because of the cost, meaning that if you need to scale down it becomes very expensive.

We had a support guy come to a user's group meeting last week; he was extremely helpful, and he was very open and honest. I'd give them a pretty good rating on support. The fact that they even let this guy go to a user's group meeting and give a speech was something; there are companies that wouldn't do that, so good for them.

The initial setup is complex which is why our company survives; we're hired to deploy these products because they're not easy to use and Eloqua is probably the most complicated in that market.

They charge in different ways for the license. It can be related to the size of the database or number of users. In 2019,the basic version cost $2,000 a month per user. The standard version was around $4,000 per month per user and there is also an enterprise version.

What other advice do I have?

This solution can be used in the cloud or on-prem. Often, medical companies and government agencies are not allowed to use the cloud so they go for the on-prem version.

I would rate Eloqua an eight out of 10. They would get more if it wasn't so expensive.

Sebastian Aiani
Junior Consultant at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Highly stable and the installation was straightforward

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use Oracle Eloqua for marketing, creation of assets, tracking, and reporting.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having a more user-friendly interface. In the next release, there could be better integration, use of more than one channel, and increased automation options in one platform. It would be easier to be able to do everything from one solution.

I have been using Oracle Eloqua within the past 12 months.

The stability is really good. We have not had any problems.

There needs to be more detailed help documentation.

Which solution did I use previously and why did I

What is our primary use case?

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having a more user-friendly interface.

I have been using Oracle Eloqua within the past 12 months.

The stability is really good. We have not had any problems.

There needs to be more detailed help documentation.

I have previously used another solution.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We use a consultant to help us do the implementation of the solution. We had a team of five that did the implementation and we have approximately two individuals that do the maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Eloqua a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Product Categories
Marketing Automation
Download our free Marketing Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Salesforce, Adobe, and more!