Oracle Eloqua Overview

Oracle Eloqua is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Marketing Automation tools. It is most often compared to Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Oracle Eloqua vs Salesforce Marketing Cloud

What is Oracle Eloqua?

Eloqua is the Oracle marketing automation and revenue performance management solution used by sales and marketing teams all over the world. With Eloqua, organizations can easily execute marketing campaigns, build and manage their databases, convert leads to sales, and measure the impact of marketing activities on the organization.

Oracle Eloqua is also known as Eloqua, Oracle Marketing Cloud.

Download the Marketing Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Oracle Eloqua Customers

Thomson Reuters, The Dow Chemical Company, Avid, LifeSize, and Avalara.

Oracle Eloqua Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

KT
User at Deltek
The segmentation and email creation features are the most critical to my job

What is our primary use case?

Marketing: email sending, the creation of segments, tracking, analysis, landing page development, and reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a necessity in the world of marketing to have a strong marketing automation tool. I have been using it since I started working at Oracle.

What is most valuable?

The segmentation and email creation features. Those are the ones that I use most often and are the most critical to my job.

What needs improvement?

It could be a bit more intuitive for the average user. The segmentation portion is difficult for a marketer with no marketing operations experience to understand.

Digital Marketing Executive at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
Lead scoring has helped with the process of qualifying leads

• "​Lead scoring is very useful for both measuring the effectiveness of campaigns as well as deciding which leads to send sales’ way."
  • "Lead scoring has helped with the process of qualifying leads."
  • "​Reporting is very clunky and not user friendly.​"

What other advice do I have?

Get in contact with the experts and you can get a complimentary report of how best to use it. You also get the best results when using all its functionality together to make the most of the integrations.
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Salesforce, IBM and others in Marketing Automation. Updated: May 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Applications Specialist at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
We are able to send more targeted emails more efficiently and score leads as they come in
it_user417072
Desktop Support Manager & Web Associate at a printing company with 501-1,000 employees
We use Multipub and Salesforce, and is pulls in the information of all our customers from those systems.

What other advice do I have?

So far we've been very happy with it. We're a smaller company. It definitely depends on the size of the company, what backend you have. If you're using Salesforce, I would definitely say it's great. I think it depends on what you're using. There are so many email systems that we've used, but it's great in terms of what it can do in the area of marketing capabilities. If you're not looking to do that and if you're just looking to send out mass emails and not getting the recording features that it offers, not looking to do those marketing steps, then there's no need for it.
Head of Engineering at CloudBearings
Eloqua and Hubspot - can someone share their experience ..
We wanted to spend some time on this kind of tool but never happened. This thread gives a lot of insight without even trying Eloqua. Looks like a long chain of people supporting Eloqua. I did not get a change to work directly on to it but wanted to hear if some one has exposure to a marketing solution from Hubspot. Seems like they have nice offering for small/mid sized companies. Need to some one help us understand the pros and cons of two. They claim that their Inbound Marketing software is consistently generate more visits, leads, and customers and it also support lot of templates automating marketing and sales tasks and returns have been seen good. Will be real nice to understand cost vs. effectiveness of the two.
Marketing with 1,001-5,000 employees
The strongest marketing automation platform in the market

What other advice do I have?

A small team can operate at a large scale with Eloqua. We deployed it worldwide with success. We love the nurture system we were able to create with Eloqua.
it_user4608
Marketing at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Great marketing automation tool, helpful support team, and...
Great marketing automation tool, helpful support team, and lots and lots of reporting options!
it_user4608
Marketing at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Eloqua's marketing automation tool has made me a better marketer

Valuable Features:

Eloqua's marketing automation tool has made me not only a better marketer but has given me a new outlook on marketing. It has an easy to use interface and campaign setup features. As a power user, I'm constantly learning new features and best practices and the Eloqua community makes it easy to connect with others and hear their stories. Eloqua has a great tech support team and is always there to help if you're having trouble with anything.

Room for Improvement:

Price can be somewhat expensive
it_user4458
Consultant with 51-200 employees
I like its completeness: it is something more...
I like its completeness: it is something more than sending emails or automate emails, it includes analysis, sales tools, lead nurturing, tracking, integrations, app & widgets..... At the beginning of the integration, Eloqua provided us with a Success Plan tailored to our company and assist us in the strategy. I have been able to apply the strategy and get excellent results thanks to the Topliners Community, the online trainings and the support team.
it_user2724
Marketing with 501-1,000 employees
I love that this product takes the guesswork...

Valuable Features:

I love that this product takes the guesswork out of marketing. Emotion and opinion are eliminated and decisions are made on the data from your prospects and customers. The Eloqua sales tools are also a differentiator. Eloqua marries the relationship between marketing and sales

Room for Improvement:

I would love to see the social suite capabilities enhanced.
it_user4278
Marketing at a media company with 51-200 employees
Great advanced marketing tool for the modern company

Valuable Features:

For what is essentially a marketing product I find that the database friendliness and ease of performing advanced functionality far outstrips anything else in this space

Room for Improvement:

Due to its advanced nature, some traditional marketing users can be put of by the different approaches and requirements

Other Advice:

If invested in properly, a worthwhile and extremely beneficial tool that I would advocate to any company looking for something that really delivers functionality and results
it_user3843
Marketing at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Eloqua has had a positive impact on my company's revenue performance.

What other advice do I have?

Eloqua is not only a highly effective MAP, it's backed by a great group of people. Support has dramatically improved, training is more comprehensive and the user community and Topliners are a huge plus compared to other players like Marketo.
it_user3363
Marketing at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
We have been using Eloqua for four years and it has revolutionized our credibility as a marketing department with the sales team
it_user2733
Marketing with 1,001-5,000 employees
Great tool with amazing power to truly drive marketing automation
Great tool with amazing power to truly drive marketing automation through your organization.
it_user2724
Marketing with 501-1,000 employees
Eloqua has Revolutionized Marketing
Eloqua has revolutionized Marketing. Through advanced automation the guesswork that used to plague marketing engagement is gone. Marketing and sales can now make educated decisions based on forensic evidence. I could never work for an organization that didn't have Eloqua.
it_user2577
Marketing at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
The Eloqua community is one of the biggest assets Eloqua offers
The Eloqua community is one of the biggest assets Eloqua offers. The users share ideas as well as support. Having such an active group is a great benefit.
it_user2577
Marketing at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Flexible, user friendly and great reporting module. Quick to fix bugs.

What other advice do I have?

Eloqua is a fantastic tool for managing your communication strategy and your contact strategy. It allows you to easily measure the outcome of your programs and adds validity to your marketing programs by showing the direct ROI of campaigns.
it_user2415
Marketing at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Powerful & Intuitive Marketing Automation System

Valuable Features:

Drag-and-drop interface based on HTML5. Easiest WYSIWYG editor for creating landing pages and HTML emails that I've ever seen. Great marketing automation platform for sending a series of emails based a prospects interests and interactions with your company in order to deliver super relevant information to their buying stage. Eloqua has great product support and training.

Room for Improvement:

Eloqua has great integration with Salesforce.com, but I'd love to see a little more of that rolled into a more intuitive UI.
it_user2295
Marketing at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Eloqua gets modern marketing. Get with the times.

What other advice do I have?

Eloqua is the engine of our marketing operations. It integrates with our CRM platform and allows us to close the loop between sales and marketing for all of our enterprise demand generation initiatives.
it_user1992
Marketing at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
Eloqua Changes the Way You Think About Marketing

What other advice do I have?

Eloqua has always adapted to the needs of their customers which is visible on the new Eloqua 10 platform. We are in the process of switching to E10 and couldn't be more excited. Prior to Eloqua our processes were cumbersome and clunky. This tool made our marketers feel the power behind our campaigns and gave them the tools and confidence to execute campaigns themselves.
it_user1491
Manager of Web Development with 201-500 employees
Eloqua will make you a better marketer not only through its software, but it's network of customers constantly educate eachother

What other advice do I have?

Eloqua is not just marketing automation, it is a powerful marketing network. Their community is so active with so many experts, being just a part of that is worth the money. I have become a better marketer because of the network Eloqua has provided for me.
Director, Global Demand Center at a tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
A Marketing Booster

What other advice do I have?

It requires a bit of knwoledge before you start on it but once it's done it's so powerful stuff
it_user1359
Marketing at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Powerful, flexible, modern marketing automation.

What other advice do I have?

Broadly, there are many services which provide simple email marketing. Go with Eloqua when you want to move beyond that simple paradigm to true marketing automation.
it_user1233
Marketing at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy integration and intuitive user interface, but not suited for small companies.
it_user1233
Marketing at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
If you can afford it, get it. Worth every penny.
Product Categories
Marketing Automation
Download our free Marketing Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Salesforce, IBM, and more!
Quick Links