Oracle Eloqua Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Filter by:Reset all filters
Digital Marketing Executive at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
Dec 31 2017

What is most valuable?

Lead scoring is very useful for both measuring the effectiveness of campaigns as well as deciding which leads to send sales’ way. The Email Click-Through Report is also… more»

How has it helped my organization?

Lead scoring has helped with the process of qualifying leads. It gives us more information to decide whether to send on to sales.

What needs improvement?

Reporting is very clunky and not user friendly.

Not applicable.

What other advice do I have?

Get in contact with the experts and you can get a complimentary report of how best to use it. You also get the best results when using all its functionality together to… more»

Not applicable.
IT Applications Specialist at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Nov 02 2017

What is most valuable?

The campaign canvas is extremely versatile, while being easy to use. Powerful online marketing campaigns, integration with data augmentation services, and more can be done with a drag-and-drop interface.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to send more targeted emails more efficiently, score leads as they come in, and pass them to CRM after they meet certain thresholds.

What needs improvement?

Data manipulation tools are lacking. Documentation is sketchy and often incomplete. Getting technical answers from support is sometimes like pulling teeth. There are the occasional performance issues.
Desktop Support Manager & Web Associate at a printing company with 501-1,000 employees
Apr 21 2016

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is that it integrates with our CRM content management system. We use Multipub and Salesforce, and Marketing Cloud pulls in the information of all our customers from those systems. When we create our… more»

How has it helped my organization?

It has a lot other marketing capabilities. We try and incorporate a lot of those features, but I have to say that we're not always the best at it.

What needs improvement?

When we moved over to this new company, we kept all the data from the other companies. Our reporting features now are completely useless because we have all this data from the other company. We can't delete data as there's no bulk deletion… more»

We pay a pretty penny for Marketing Cloud. For what we're paying, I would expect the service to be a little bit better and would expect to be able to call in to get some support.

What other advice do I have?

So far we've been very happy with it. We're a smaller company. It definitely depends on the size of the company, what backend you have. If you're using Salesforce, I would definitely say it's great. I think it depends on what you're using… more»
Head of Engineering at CloudBearings
Jun 21 2013

What do you think of Oracle Eloqua?

We wanted to spend some time on this kind of tool but never happened. This thread gives a lot of insight without even trying Eloqua. Looks like a long chain of people supporting Eloqua. I did not get a change to work directly on to it but wanted to hear if some one has exposure to a marketing solution from Hubspot. Seems like they have nice offering for small/mid sized companies. Need to some one help us understand the pros and cons of two. They claim that their Inbound Marketing software is consistently generate more visits, leads, and customers and it also support lot of templates automating marketing and sales tasks and returns have been seen good. Will be real nice to understand cost vs. effectiveness of the two.
Marketing with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 05 2013

What is most valuable?

I love the breadth of marketing activities you can do and manage with Eloqua - lead and account scoring, lead management and nurturing, email marketing, hypersites/microsites, social components, reporting (ROI on marketing spend), event management and the list goes on. We needed a solution that could scale with our business - and it doesn't get better than Eloqua.

What needs improvement?

Who doesn't want to pay less!

What other advice do I have?

A small team can operate at a large scale with Eloqua. We deployed it worldwide with success. We love the nurture system we were able to create with Eloqua.
Marketing at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Feb 27 2013

What do you think of Oracle Eloqua?

Great marketing automation tool, helpful support team, and lots and lots of reporting options!
Marketing at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Feb 27 2013

What do you think of Oracle Eloqua?

Valuable Features:

Eloqua's marketing automation tool has made me not only a better marketer but has given me a new outlook on marketing. It has an easy to use interface and campaign setup features. As a power user, I'm constantly learning new features and best practices and the Eloqua community makes it easy to connect with others and hear their stories. Eloqua has a great tech support team and is always there to help if you're having trouble with anything.

Room for Improvement:

Price can be somewhat expensive
Consultant with 51-200 employees
Feb 20 2013

What do you think of Oracle Eloqua?

I like its completeness: it is something more than sending emails or automate emails, it includes analysis, sales tools, lead nurturing, tracking, integrations, app & widgets..... At the beginning of the integration, Eloqua provided us with a Success Plan tailored to our company and assist us in the strategy. I have been able to apply the strategy and get excellent results thanks to the Topliners Community, the online trainings and the support team.
Marketing with 501-1,000 employees
Feb 19 2013

What do you think of Oracle Eloqua?

Valuable Features:

I love that this product takes the guesswork out of marketing. Emotion and opinion are eliminated and decisions are made on the data from your prospects and customers. The Eloqua sales tools are also a differentiator. Eloqua marries the relationship between marketing and sales

Room for Improvement:

I would love to see the social suite capabilities enhanced.
Marketing at a media company with 51-200 employees
Feb 13 2013

What do you think of Oracle Eloqua?

Valuable Features:

For what is essentially a marketing product I find that the database friendliness and ease of performing advanced functionality far outstrips anything else in this space

Room for Improvement:

Due to its advanced nature, some traditional marketing users can be put of by the different approaches and requirements

Other Advice:

If invested in properly, a worthwhile and extremely beneficial tool that I would advocate to any company looking for something that really delivers functionality and results
Marketing at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Jan 18 2013

What is most valuable?

Powerful, solid platform that enables modern marketers to execute best in class nurture programs, lead scoring and campaigns that drive revenue.

What needs improvement?

Costs a bit more than some of the other providers and there's a bit of a learning curve compared to less powerful Marketing Automation Platforms (MAPs) Some advances features like Eloqua for Sales are at an additional cost.

What other advice do I have?

Eloqua is not only a highly effective MAP, it's backed by a great group of people. Support has dramatically improved, training is more comprehensive and the user community and Topliners are a huge plus compared to other players like Marketo.
Marketing at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Dec 27 2012

What is most valuable?

The best asset of Eloqua is how they have turned their customer and prospect base into a community and branded them as Eloquans. The product itself in the new E10 platform is very intuitive and delivers high end functionality for all members or our team from the creative side, to campaign execution, and lead generation/management.

What needs improvement?

There are some limitations with the platform in terms of creativity. While you can upload assets to make it easy using the editor for all marketing members to use it, if you are going to upload code it doesn't always translate the best.Overall, we've been very pleased with Eloqua, not only in the delivery of our communications, and setting up automation, but also how it has strengthened our relationship with the sales team due to the ever improving litany of sales enablement tools.The integration to Salesforce allows us to take advantage of three highly valuable sales enablement tools… more»
Marketing with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 15 2012

What do you think of Oracle Eloqua?

Great tool with amazing power to truly drive marketing automation through your organization.
Marketing with 501-1,000 employees
Nov 13 2012

What do you think of Oracle Eloqua?

Eloqua has revolutionized Marketing. Through advanced automation the guesswork that used to plague marketing engagement is gone. Marketing and sales can now make educated decisions based on forensic evidence. I could never work for an organization that didn't have Eloqua.
Marketing at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Oct 30 2012

What do you think of Oracle Eloqua?

The Eloqua community is one of the biggest assets Eloqua offers. The users share ideas as well as support. Having such an active group is a great benefit.
Marketing at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Oct 23 2012

What is most valuable?

flexibility user friendly great reporting module tons of features app add-ons allow you to increase your programs and integrate with other programs easy set-up

What needs improvement?

There are usually bugs after updates but you know they are coming and they are very responsive to quickly fixing any issues

What other advice do I have?

Eloqua is a fantastic tool for managing your communication strategy and your contact strategy. It allows you to easily measure the outcome of your programs and adds validity to your marketing programs by showing the direct ROI of campaigns.
Marketing at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Sep 25 2012

What do you think of Oracle Eloqua?

Valuable Features:

Drag-and-drop interface based on HTML5. Easiest WYSIWYG editor for creating landing pages and HTML emails that I've ever seen. Great marketing automation platform for sending a series of emails based a prospects interests and interactions with your company in order to deliver super relevant information to their buying stage. Eloqua has great product support and training.

Room for Improvement:

Eloqua has great integration with Salesforce.com, but I'd love to see a little more of that rolled into a more intuitive UI.
Marketing at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Sep 16 2012

What is most valuable?

Eloqua gets modern marketing, plain and simple. The technology component of your marketing mix is essential to scaling your business. You can make a dramatic difference out-of-the-box, or can morph it to fit your business's specific success metrics.

What needs improvement?

To get the most out of your investment you'll want to have a dedicated admin or team if you are able. This will allow users to take advantage of the great education programs Eloqua offers and dive into some of the powerful features below the surface.

What other advice do I have?

Eloqua is the engine of our marketing operations. It integrates with our CRM platform and allows us to close the loop between sales and marketing for all of our enterprise demand generation initiatives.
Marketing at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
Aug 29 2012

What is most valuable?

Ease of use for all users (marketing and sales), the Eloqua online community makes it so easy to connect with other users, ability to automate our event processes, and it's FULL integration with Salesforce.com (our sales organization loves the behavior based information they have visibility to)

What needs improvement?

Pricing - if you can swing it, Eloqua is worth it!;

What other advice do I have?

Eloqua has always adapted to the needs of their customers which is visible on the new Eloqua 10 platform. We are in the process of switching to E10 and couldn't be more excited. Prior to Eloqua our processes were cumbersome and clunky. This tool made our marketers feel the power behind our campaigns and gave them the tools and confidence to execute campaigns themselves.
Manager of Web Development with 201-500 employees
Aug 16 2012

What is most valuable?

E10 is a slick easy to use tool that is also robust for those automation experts. Our event manager is up almost up to speed enough to run full campaigns in only a few weeks. For the power user it has excellent SFDC digital behavior tools where sales people can monitor every move their prospects make and get notified about it. Automated nurture streams, campaign management, open API's to most… more»

What needs improvement?

Some times new features get rolled out too soon, but the good thing is they constantly adapt to the demands of their customers.

What other advice do I have?

Eloqua is not just marketing automation, it is a powerful marketing network. Their community is so active with so many experts, being just a part of that is worth the money. I have become a better marketer because of the network Eloqua has provided for me.
Director, Global Demand Center at a tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Aug 10 2012

What is most valuable?

E9 user interface is good , E10 is even better! Program Management (you can write specific scenarios, "if this then that" concept) Fully integrated, email template, contact group, hypersyite support, distribution list management, video hosting...

What needs improvement?

email WYSWIG editor is far from behing the best i've seen, i recommend to work with frontpage or dreamweaver before and copy htlm code.Saas Plateform which is great but when you travel a lot, i'd like to get an access to itEloqua is a very good platform, probably the best for it's suppose to do today.

What other advice do I have?

It requires a bit of knwoledge before you start on it but once it's done it's so powerful stuff
Marketing at a software R&D company with 51-200 employees
Aug 02 2012

What is most valuable?

Eloqua is very powerful and very customizable. It goes beyond the traditional categories of email marketing, lead scoring, &etc into true marketing automation (Eloqua likes to say Revenue Performance Management, which I'm not sure we're entirely at, but the promise is really there). The out of the box reporting is great, and integration with Salesforce.com in particular is solid. The solution is… more»

What needs improvement?

The UI of the reporting tool (Insight) is a bit dated. The out-of-the-box reporting supports only one top-level funnel, so it's great for reporting to the CMO, but less so when you have eCommerce, Channel, and Direct all with different funnels, for example - this requires custom reporting.

What other advice do I have?

Broadly, there are many services which provide simple email marketing. Go with Eloqua when you want to move beyond that simple paradigm to true marketing automation.
Marketing at a software R&D company with 501-1,000 employees
Jul 21 2012

What is most valuable?

Eloqua10 is a great tool for marketing automation for both B2B and B2C companies. It easily integrates with SFDC or any other CRM system. The user interface is intuitive and continues to get better with each release. The platform incorporates a broad range of processes including lead scoring, segmentation, lead capture, email automation, and reporting. Product support is available and one of the best features of Eloqua. They also offer multiple classes to help new and experienced users better use their product, and have a users forum (Topliners) for customers to search for answers to questions… more»

What needs improvement?

Not suited for small companies. Pricing makes it better suited for mid-size firms and enterprises. However, if you can afford it, get it. Worth every penny.
Marketing at a software R&D company with 501-1,000 employees
Jul 21 2012

What is Oracle Eloqua?

Eloqua is the Oracle marketing automation and revenue performance management solution used by sales and marketing teams all over the world. With Eloqua, organizations can easily execute marketing campaigns, build and manage their databases, convert leads to sales, and measure the impact of marketing activities on the organization.

Also known as
Eloqua, Oracle Marketing Cloud
Oracle Eloqua customers

Thomson Reuters, The Dow Chemical Company, Avid, LifeSize, and Avalara.