Oracle Exalogic [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Oracle Exalogic [EOL]?

Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is a datacenter building block that integrates compute, networking and storage hardware with virtualization, operating system and management software. It provides breakthrough performance, reliability, availability, scalability and investment protection for the widest possible range of business application workloads, from middleware and custom applications to packaged applications from Oracle and hundreds of 3rd party vendors, in both conventional and cloud deployments. As an Oracle Engineered System, Oracle Exalogic delivers faster deployment, higher user productivity, lower TCO, reduced risk and one-stop support.

For more information on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, visit Oracle.com

Oracle Exalogic [EOL] is also known as Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud.

Download the Converged Infrastructure Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Oracle Exalogic [EOL] Customers
Sascar, Banca Transilvania, UL, Agilent, Reliance Commercial Finance, PT Bank Central Asia Tbk, Bank of Qingdao, Yarra Valley Water, FAW Car Co. Ltd.
Oracle Exalogic [EOL] Video

Oracle Exalogic [EOL] Reviews

Mohammad Yasir Kamal
AGM at Tech Valley Networks Limited
Good performance and stability with a straightforward setup

• "The main benefit of using the solution is for the performance it provides."
  • "The solution needs to add a network virtualization feature similar to that of VxRail. If they could implement that, it would be great for the product."

What is our primary use case?

We currently use Exalogic for SAP solutions. We also use their Exadata solution for the data warehouse for the Oracle database.

What is most valuable?

The performance is the solution's most valuable aspect.

What needs improvement?

I've been dealing with the solution since 2014.

The solution is stable, but it typically takes time to build up to stability. Sometimes there are some bugs. Overall, we find it to be quite reliable.

In the context of ACI, it is scalable. You can add anything from a quarter rack or half rack to a full rack, etc. It is scalable in terms of computing and in terms of storage as well. However, if you think about ACI, Hyper-converged network and some of the solutions like VxFlex and software-defined storage and VMware, it's not that flexible. The level of scalability depends on the conversion with other products.

Typically, if a client needs support, they contact us and we are the ones to offer it to them.

However, we have contacted Oracle technical support and we have a back-to-back contract with them. They support our HR on-site team. We also get support from Oracle functional services and backend support. They are usually quite good, but at times it depends on which engineer is working. When we get support from India, there's sometimes a delay. If it's from Europe or the US, often we get faster results. Time zones also affect technical support response times and will dictate who responds to our requests.

We're using a combination of products, including SPOC systems, Exodus servers, etc.

The initial setup isn't typically that complex.

On average, installation takes about seven days. This includes setting everything correctly.

Once it has been implemented, a company only really needs two people to maintain it. Usually, this is done by a database team and/or platform team.

We get the assistance of the vendor for the implementation. Oracle ACS helps us with the setup.

I understand that the licensing of the solution is pretty expensive, although I don't have exact numbers. The pricing depends on how much hardware, and if we're using professional services, etc. It's not just the license; there are additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

We're an Oracle partner.

Typically we implement this solution on a large scale to enterprise-level clients. Typical customers might be big banks in Bangladesh.

I'd recommend the solution, but there are other options that give a client more flexibility.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Product Categories
Converged Infrastructure
Download our free Converged Infrastructure Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Dell EMC, IBM, and more!