Oracle Fusion Middleware OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Fusion Middleware is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Application Server tools. It is most often compared to Oracle WebLogic Server: Oracle Fusion Middleware vs Oracle WebLogic Server

What is Oracle Fusion Middleware?

Oracle Fusion Middleware is the digital business platform for the enterprise and the cloud. It enables enterprises to create and run agile, intelligent business applications while maximizing IT efficiency through full utilization of modern hardware and software architectures.

Download the Application Server Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Oracle Fusion Middleware Customers

Police Department of Izmir City

Oracle Fusion Middleware Video

Archived Oracle Fusion Middleware Reviews (more than two years old)

Huseyin Igde
Expert Security Access Services Administrator at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
User Sign-on Credentials for Enterprise Databases

• "The most valuable feature is the structure of the product. We use Oracle Fusion Middleware to manage the Oracle database. Registered users can go to each product if sign-on credentials match each user's identical framework."
  • "The main improvement must be made on the user interface. You need to use another Oracle cross in this product. It must be improved and some features of the connectors must be changed."

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle Identity Management in the middle of all systems. We get the information from Human Resources. We provision the production systems and the users get reviews.

We currently have 200+ Oracle databases, 60+ Microsoft databases, and other applications for a total of 500+ systems.

How has it helped my organization?

Oracle Fusion Middleware doesn't change our organization in any way. With Oracle Identity Management, we deployed the product according to the needs of the organization for a worst-case scenario.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the structure of the product. We use Oracle Fusion Middleware to manage the Oracle database. Registered users can go to each product if sign-on credentials match each user's identical framework.

For most users, Oracle Identity Management is not user-friendly so we use another tool for the user interface. We don't use Oracle's main interface for work logs & requests.

What needs improvement?

This product trusts the system or itself, that it helps provision attributes to the department of its system, but if there's an error, it puts the values to the Chi table and doesn't delete it.

There must be a fulfillment page. If the part of the system has an error, it must delete the attribute from the Chi table also.

The problem is, when you open the product, it saves the user's attributes as part of its system but when you look at the target system, there are no attributes about that count.

There must be an improved fulfillment page. Maybe the connector structure of the product must be changed in that way to meet these requirements.

In summary: easier, more close, and a stable graphical user interface, which was written with new technology. It would be nice if they develop these features in the near future.

More than five years.

Oracle Identity Management seems stable, but we made many improvements in the last three years. We had to change and review the code. There's still a project ongoing about that. You don't know how it was written or other developer outputs.

We have to check it and we need to see many improvements in that. We highly increased the provisioning sign using the correct data structures.

We have no problem with scalability. We use Oracle Identity Management at one of the largest companies in telecommunications. We have 500 private systems in the product. We have no problem with scalability at this point with 40,000 users.

We have six people for its operation. For development, we use Accenture and four or five dedicated people. There are six more people required for the operation of OIM in the company.

We don't need technical support. The people in the company know the product, so we don't need technical support at this point.

There was some previous use of IBM, Sun, & Oracle products (before the merger) by our company, as well as mobile and third-party utilities for identity management.

The set up of the platform was outsourced to Accenture by the organization.

We made deployments short in other environments, for example, in other telecommunication companies. At this company, we each worry about inner problems.

I heard that it took a long time to make deployment and migration. It required about one month, I heard from my colleagues. They used the Accenture company.

It's complicated. The company is a big company and it's about security. Sometimes it cannot be easier.

Return on Investment for security: you have to do it, and you do it.

The company does not pay licensing for the product because we are part of the Oracle Association.

We have a cause to get all the private systems in IBM by the end of this year.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle is popular in our enterprise because of the name regulations and in Europe with the GDPR. Other companies are hoping to use this product, but we hear that some of them want to use Atlassian and other IBM solutions.

We can advise any enterprise organization to use this product because you can trust this product. It's a brand name product in identity management. I can recommend this product if you are looking for an easy username log for personnel changes. It's about your needs.

I would rate the product 7.5 out of 10. It can be a 10 if the improvements happen.

it_user786792
Oracle Fusion HCM Senior Consultant
The HR business process execution is much easier with the implementation of this solution

What is our primary use case?

We usually implement HCM for other companies.

How has it helped my organization?

All our customers agree, the HR business process execution is much easier and their lives have become better.

What is most valuable?

Data integrity.

What needs improvement?

The modules that I have experienced that need improvement are: HR Core Payroll Absence WF Compensation. Though all areas of HCM modules could use some improvement.

No issues.

Minor issues.

I would rate the technical support as an eight out of 10.

Which solution did

What is our primary use case?

We usually implement HCM for other companies.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

Data integrity.

What needs improvement?

The modules that I have experienced that need improvement are:

• HR Core
  • Payroll
  • Absence
  • WF Compensation.

Though all areas of HCM modules could use some improvement.

No issues.

Minor issues.

I would rate the technical support as an eight out of 10.

It is different based on every customer's requirements.

My advice is to buy the basic modules first, gain the most benefit from them, then buy the advanced modules.

What other advice do I have?

Choose an excellent consultant to implement.