Oracle HCM Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle HCM Cloud is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top HR Analytics Software tools. It is most often compared to PeopleSoft: Oracle HCM Cloud vs PeopleSoft

What is Oracle HCM Cloud?

Oracle HCM Cloud is a complete HR application suite which helps organizations become more strategic and agile with a best-in-class workforce experience. It integrates HR best practices and technology to provide an engaging, informative, and adaptive HR experience throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Oracle HCM Cloud allows organizations find, develop and retain the best talent, enable collaboration, deliver deep workforce insights, and increase operational efficiency

Oracle HCM Cloud is also known as Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud.

Download the Cloud HCM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Oracle HCM Cloud Customers

Kovaion Consulting India Pvt. Ltd., eVerge Group, Kalpataru, Logicalis Inc., Macmillan Science and Education, Drivestream Inc., Kamal Osman Jamjoom Group LLC, WAXIE Sanitary Supply

Oracle HCM Cloud Video

Archived Oracle HCM Cloud Reviews (more than two years old)

Alaa Mostafa
Senior ERP Manager at Capital Group Properties
A human capital management system that reduces paperwork, simplifies processes and enhances project efficiency

• "This product can greatly improve handling of human resources and efficiency."
  • "The product is comparably complex to install and deploy properly."

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle HCM (Human Capital Management) to help set and maintain performance goals. This encompasses HCM, Human Resources, and critical learning.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has improved our handling of human resources. For example, before the implementation of this system, we submitted vacation requests on hard copy letters for approval. That took time and was a little clumsy. Now we do not have to call management for things like emergency leave. We just submit the requests and get permission without extra steps. It helps us to efficiently process these events.

What is most valuable?

If you deploy the product so that it is available from anywhere, employees can submit vacation requests so resources and expectations can be managed. What the most important thing is that we monitor goals, performance and prospective plans. But there are many, many valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The interface is easy already, but if you improve user interface  — any upgrade of that sort — they will improve the product. We notice an improvement with every update and they should continue to do that.

In our next phase of the deployment, we want to implement the financial modules which has been part of our plan for a while. That is just the deployment of something that already exists in the product. Oracle HCM in some countries only has the payroll module on-premises. We can use it that way, but we would like them to include all countries to be cloud so that it is available in our preferred deployment. Currently, payroll in Egypt is on-premises only because of regulations. We need to be on the cloud so we look forward to that.

Right now, we don't need anything that is really a new feature. Our company will start to more fully utilize the current features already available.

That's now one year.

The stability is also very good. In some ways, this is like the scalability. We do not have trouble with load changes.

I think this product has great scalability. Expanding our usage to any number of employees has not been a problem with this product. Every day our employees submit various requests and the performance does not lag. For the modules that we use daily in our system with various loads, it really works as expected.

We have a service agreement with Oracle technical support. When we call them directly, they respond to us quickly and the support and answers they offer are good.

The implementation was complex. We needed a third-party Oracle partner to help us to set up the solution. It needed more analysis, more configuration, and more setup steps than most products we deploy, and it took a long time to go live.

It took three months to go to production live with our team of four and the partner's team of another five people. That included three consultants and one developer. Five or six were always on the project but it varied up to ten people.

We did seek assistance through an Oracle partner.

We negotiated to get a discount and we got a big discount. Normally this product is a little bit expensive something compared with similar solutions. But it is a good value because of what it does.

On an annual basis, we pay about $25,000 for our company. This includes the VAT, support, upgrades and everything else.

What other advice do I have?

This is a perfect product that I recommend to any company that is trying to implement a solution for better management of HR and human capital management.

One big lesson we learned from implementing this product is that this was the first implementation for me on the cloud. I learned about cloud-based technologies, and I learned many things about modular HR. Working this way it helps to scope and plan a good project to make it easier and better to implement and to realize.

On a scale from one to ten, where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Oracle HCM cloud as an eight. To become a ten, they have to work on small things. For example, sometimes users get errors where they make simple mistakes like their location. It could just continue to improve and to be more user-friendly. Their file interface is not user-friendly and they should replace it with a better file app.

AV
HR Consultant with 11-50 employees
Fully integrated HCM Cloud solution

• "It is very user-friendly. Most of the UI is very intuitive so you don't need to follow a course to follow it up."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see a new recruitments module. I would like to see the preboarding so that it sends out integrations through personal email. That would be very useful."

What is our primary use case?

It has many use case like HR administration, recruitment management, performance management, learning, ...

What is most valuable?

It is very user-friendly. Most of the UI is very intuitive so you don't need to follow a course to use it. Of course you have one single UI regardless of your roles, so you don't have to log into separate applications depending on whether you're HR or just a normal employee. The solution evolves quickly (4 major updates per year)

What needs improvement?

Sometimes implementation documentation is a bit behind. Some customers like to manage things themselves after the initial implementation and they find that a bit difficult.

Also -but I think that this is the case for all solutions with such a functional extent- you feel that different teams are working on the different modules, but this is normal because everybody has their own specialization.

In the next release, I would like to see a some further updates to the recruitment module. I would like to see the preboarding extended so that it sends out notifications through personal email. That would be very useful.

I have been implementing Oracle HCM Cloud for the last six years.

It's fairly stable.

it's very scalable. You can request more users to be added. You don't have to pay extra for scalability, but of course, you pay for a number of users that are using this system. If you're having a tremendous increase in the users, then, of course, you end up by paying more. (If you would have an on premise solution you might need to have your servers expanded in this case so that would cost you too).

The technical support depends. Overall, they're good. You've got some that are really, really good and you've got some that are less good. It depends on who you get and how well you describe your issue. If your issue gets to the wrong team, then, of course, then it seems like the team isn't helping but it's because you didn't describe it properly.

The initial setup is straightforward. Some customers make it complex. Every customer thinks they're something special and some customers realize in the end that the most basic features would have been better for them than all the complex things they wanted initially. They're used to telling the developer, "We want this that way" and that's not the way it works in the cloud. This tends to make things more complicated. It is not that difficult. You do need some technical background for formulas and stuff, but it's not rocket science. Some customers make it more difficult than it should be.

The time it takes to deploy depends on how many modules and special cases you want. Typically things differ from country to country, different sites have different rules behind it. The time it takes to deploy all depends on how complicated you make it, how many countries you want to do, and how many modules you want to implement.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be: Keep it simple. Make sure that your customer is aware of the processes in the solution and show them those before asking them what they want.

Make sure that the customer understands what there already is so they don't start freewheeling.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Workday, SAP and others in Cloud HCM. Updated: October 2021.
541,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SR
HCM Consultant at a tech services company
A solution that's stable, with a straightforward setup and easy to use dashboards

• "The solution's most valuable features are all the human resources aspects and access management, as well as the talent review. The solution's talent management is very, very good."
  • "The features available in EBS should be available on the cloud as well. When these features are not available on the cloud, it's hard to convince customers to migrate."

What is our primary use case?

We're primarily using the solution for expansion purposes.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable features are all the human resources aspects and access management, as well as the talent review. The solution's talent management is very, very good.

The dashboard is easy to use and the interface is very flexible.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to allow for more integrations and customizations.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The stability of the product is very good. Sometimes, however, it depends on the network and bandwidth, because it is a cloud-based solution.

We haven't had to contact technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's cloud-based, which makes it easy. We don't have to do anything on hardware; we simply buy the license and start configuring.

Our licensing is renewed on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model. All Oracle HCM models are only available on the cloud.

Oracle has opened up their solution to allow for anyone to make enhancement requests. Oracle will analyze these requests, and, if it's feasible, they may work to implement the request in new builds.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

EY
Application Consultant at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Overall a good solution offering very good scalability and stability, with a simple initial setup

What is most valuable?

Some of the oldest of all the features are still very good. Right now, the recruitment aspect is very good.

What needs improvement?

The recruitment aspect is good, but it's new and it still needs some enhancements. In the future, we hope it will be similar to Taleo.

I've been using the solution for more than five years.

Our clients have been very happy with the stability of the solution.

The solution's scalability potential is very good. We have more than 1,000 users ourselves.

Clients are happy with the level of technical support they receive. Sometimes…

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for more than five years.

Our clients have been very happy with the stability of the solution.

Clients are happy with the level of technical support they receive. Sometimes we face some issues that require escalations, however, after an escalation, all issues are resolved. We sometimes have support delays, but very few and not very often.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's very simple.

We are a consultancy; we assist clients with the implementation process.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model.

We not only use the solution, but we also implement the solution. We are one of Oracle's partners.

I would recommend the product to others.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

MilaGhosh
HR IS at McDermott International
It is a configurable, scalable solution. High volume recruitment should be more bulky.

• "It is a configurable, scalable solution."
  • "We haven't had a single issue with stability, and we've been using it for more than three years."
  • "I would focus on making high volume recruitment more bulky."

What is our primary use case?

It is a global HR system for the company, including talent acquisition, hiring, and onboarding.

How has it helped my organization?

It has completely changed the way we work, because it automated the majority of our HR processes. As an example, we used the system for our construction site offices, and were able to increase our hiring right on site by more than 70 percent.

What is most valuable?

It's a very configurable solution, because we operate in 13 countries at the moment. It was quite easy to configure the system to support local processes and be compliant with local legislation.

What needs improvement?

I would focus on making high volume recruitment more bulky. E.g., if we could clone offer at the same hourly rate for the same position, it would be helpful.

Three to five years.

It's highly scalable and configurable.

Technical support was a limited arrangement in terms of issues going on. We go through their channels of raising support tickets, and the tickets are addressed in due course. We just entered into this arrangement due to cost.

Once my team and I learned more about the product, the initial setup process became very straightforward.

We were not very lucky with our implementation partner.

Make sure you get references regarding implementation partner credentials.

Chairman at Certus Solutions
Simplifies the management of users and roles into a single UI
Oracle Cloud Applications Release 12 included many new areas of functionality.  One in particular has had a major impact (positive) on those of us who implemented the product for our customers. This feature is called the  "Security Console". Since the earliest releases of Oracle Cloud, the security has been managed by the Fusion Middleware products Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) and Oracle Authorization Policy Manager (APM).  Whilst extremely powerful tools for managing user accounts and role based access, the tools required a level of knowledge beyond standard application configuration.  They were also displayed through a separate UI to the main applications and configuration of security rules involved using multiple screens and UIs. Leading up to Release 12, Oracle has done a lot of…

Leading up to Release 12, Oracle has done a lot of work to transition onto a tool called the "Security Console".  This tool is embedded in the application and is intended as a "one-stop shop" for security configuration. By Release 12, this transition is virtually complete.

Now, the Security Console allows us to see the holistic view of all aspects of functional and data security using a visual tool. We can focus on parts of the security configuration and drill down towards detailed privileges or up towards users. The Security Console includes functionality to copy roles and create custom versions, to add/remove functional data privileges, and to view detailed analytics about roles and role usage.

It has simplified the management of users and roles into a single UI and is a great advance for implementers and system administrators alike.

UPDATE (January 2018)

Now that Release 13 (17D) is available, we are seeing a move towards a completely unified and simplified UI.   This will be based on a concept of 'Mobile First' in which the UI design is first constructed for mobile and then other devices (such as PCs) inherit the same style of UI.   We think this is going to make for a great user experience.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Certus Solutions is an Oracle Platinum Partner
it_user716547
Oracle HCM Lead Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
​Better Agility/Flexibility In HR But Navigation Needs Improvement

What is most valuable?

Reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

Better agility/flexibility in HR organization, with more insights into the organization.

What needs improvement?

Clarity of navigation. Currently, navigation is all jumbled up. It's one way for self-service, different for manager self-service, different for an administrator. Even if the functions are different, navigation has to be consistent.

Since release, around six to seven months.

Very few.

Bad, four out of 10. Very slow to respond to issues, requires a lot of work from the HR team just to give them all the details. For every issue you have to upload at east five to six documents, replicating the whole scenario; and then, still, it is usually painfully slow.

PeopleSoft. The switch was due to a cloud/digital push.

Complex. Proper documentation, training, and user materials were not available.

Pricing is competitive.

Workday, SAP SuccessFactors.

What other advice do I have?

Focus on training and materials from your implementation manager.

RA
Oracle HCM Consultant
Automates payroll and automated integrations via web services reducing man hours and increasing compliance

What is most valuable?

The Talent Management solution is one of the best available in the market, and even other areas, like Core HR and Compensations, are highly customizable for a cloud product.

How has it helped my organization?

Automates payroll and automated integrations via web services, which have reduced man hours and increased compliance.

What needs improvement?

Learning Management on cloud is relatively new and has scope for improvement.

Four years.

Rarely.

I would rate it as seven out of 10.

SAP. Switched as it was very restrictive and less customizable.

It takes time to get your head around it, but once it is done, it looks easy.

Pricing is competitive with good discounts offered.

Not applicable.

What other advice do I have?

Good for an organization size of over 500. For best results, go with a seeded product implementation and try avoiding unnecessary customizations to the product.

it_user622734
Project Manager at a recruiting/HR firm with 51-200 employees
Does goal and performance management. Provides a self-service BI to business users.

What is most valuable?

• Business intelligence is integrated with the product.
  • Gives real time information about employees and processes for managers.
  • A self-service BI to key business users.
  • Managers can have their analysis delivered in any way: Dashboard, table reports, analysis, charts, etc. with no development cost.
  • Talent review (Nine Box) online: An HR specialist can manage their talent review meetings entirely within the system. This includes meeting planning, execution to management of action plans post-meeting.
  • It is possible to change a person, add comments, add developments or performance goals, tasks, do a promotion, transfer, manage a salary or even perform termination. All this is done with no extra documents, Excel spreadsheets, or reports.
  • All information is on one screen, available to the HR specialist or managers at the meeting to review and take the necessary action.
  • Best fit analysis feature: Helps you to identify the correct position for the correct employee. You can visualize all gaps that you have in the current position or for the next level in your career. You can also compare two employees to see the difference between them or compare them to a specific position or job.
  • If you are planning your succession plan, you can use this feature to check who is the most suitable for the position, comparing requirements for the position or comparing competencies, and skills and qualifications of the current employee in the position. All information that you gather in the sub-processes of HR goals, performance management, and development plan is available.
  • Mobile and Social: This solution has a social network for your company where you can manage knowledge sharing and collaboration. Communities, chats, kudos, etc., can all be used to support your HR processes, such as goals and performance management. This can be done on your mobile device.

How has it helped my organization?

Before the solution implementation, our bonus compensation policy was based only on profit and loss results.

We believe that this approach is not the best. In the end, you put all your employees at the same level, increasing the difficulty in identifying talents and paying for performance.

We decided to implement a goals and competencies evaluation process. This will adjust bonuses according to performance. We define all relevant organization goals, give them a weight, and then design a process.

What needs improvement?

The recruiting process needs work. This is the only module that is provided by other applications and it is not integrated. You need to ask Oracle to "integrate" both applications. This is done with no additional cost, but it is still an outside application.

Although you can turn on the integration between them, it is a different application. You lose all the benefits provided by the integrated modules in Oracle HCM Cloud.

The recruiting solution standalone is a great tool for the recruiting processes. However, when you use it with the entire solution, you may experience some problems. This is the case, especially if you have a process that is a little bit more complex than the usual process.

I have been using this solution since Version 5, in 2013.

So far, no stability issues have been experienced.

So far, no scalability issues have been experienced.

I would give technical support a rating of 2/5. Despite having an SLA contract, the technical support is still terrible.

We have experienced some cases when implementing the solution for our customers, where a service request was created with Priority Level 1, Production. The problem took more than a month to be fixed. This is a service that definitely must be improved by Oracle.

Some examples that we experienced with technical support:

• Dumb questions such as "Did you press the button X to confirm?"
  • Same requisitions by different people
  • "Provide me with the 'how to' for the issue," but the 'how to' was already attached to the SR
  • A conference call was scheduled and then cancelled 30 minutes before it was supposed to start.

We didn't use other solutions previously. We went straight to the Oracle HCM Cloud Solution.

The initial setup is pretty easy to do. It takes no more than a day to do it. If you have a simple process that fits with the solution proposition, then you can implement it pretty fast. Almost the whole setup is performed with step-by-step pages, which reduces the complexity. Day-by-day changes can be performed by a key user from the business with minimum training.

Of course, if your process is complex, the setup will be more complex.

Don't forget to include the implementation cost of an Oracle partner, and not only the subscription, in your cost benefits analysis. (Business plan, ROI, payback.)

On the other hand, the cost of maintenance, upgrade, infrastructure, and support is already included in your subscription.

We had the opportunity to work as a project manager of a SAP SuccessFactors projects for one of our customers. This introduced us to more details about the SAP Solution, not only as a competitor, but with customer’s eyes.

What other advice do I have?

Forget about customization. If you are looking for a solution that can be changed and tailored according your company business rules, don't go with this solution. Overall, this solution provides Human Resources sub-processes best practices and a large amount of flexibility to attend to a lot of business process requirements.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an Oracle Implementation Partner, with Gold Certification.
Practice Head - Oracle Cloud at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
It gives graphical and pictorial presentations of team performance tracking, although the payroll part requires more changes, which I feel are already in a future release.

What is most valuable?

It is designed in such way that end users can do their jobs without knowing much technical details. Most of the functions can be handled by an analyst, which in turn, removes the dependency on the IT department. This makes the user self-driven and ultimately increases user satisfaction and human productivity.

How has it helped my organization?

1. Collaboration was never so easy. The collaboration of activities in Fusion HCM are much more instinctive as compared to Oracle EBS (anther ERP from Oracle, on which Oracle HCM Cloud is based).
  2. Fusion HCM is synchronous with human behavior.
  3. It helps to identify potential talent.
  4. Graphical and pictorial presentations of team performance tracking and the employee directory allows goal allocation.

What needs improvement?

The payroll part of the product requires more changes, which I feel are already in the future release of the product.

I've used it for over three years.

Deployment is awesome.

Scalability is awesome.

Implementation is straightforward, provided the implementor has an HR process and legislation-specific knowledge. There are a few Oracle propriety tools and techniques that one has to learn and apply throughout the implementation.

HCM Cloud is built on the latest robust middleware "Fusion Middleware". It includes all great features that come from PeopleSoft, EBS, JDE, Sibel, Hyperion, Taleo etc.

Easy to learn from technical and functional point of view.

We have done our first ever implementation of Payroll and Absence module with over 10,000 people in North America. My advice is to keep yourself up to date with the product and attend the training that Oracle offers.

Return on investment is always a major consideration when making an investment in your company. Here are some key best practices for HCM solutions that you can utilize to increase your return on investment and lower risks:

• Identify your HR processes, and select a complete HCM solution: You need to determine the HCM capabilities that are required and their interaction with each other to maximize business. The key is to understand the interaction of the related HCM processes in different modules and select an HCM solution that allows you to deliver a complete solution without starting a new process at every turn.
  • Identify the integration points with other non-HCM applications and solutions: You need to take into account the standard integration of HCM modules with other applications like, Procure-to-pay, Project Accounting, and Internet Expenses etc. For instance sharing the HR position hierarchies for procure-to-pay workflow processes ensures that the procurement managers making purchases are managers with the appropriate authority to make the types of purchases they are making. Considering the need for these integrations will reduce ongoing technical costs and enable greater automated workflow from the solutions implemented.
  • Identify international scalability and data ownership compliances: You need to ensure availability, redundancy and performance at all global locations by taking into account the global scalability feature of the HCM solutions. For instance, Multi language support ensures that the managers don't need to maintain separate systems and will help bring together key processes and data thus maximizing business results. Data privacy norms, which differ by country, needs to be considered and long term control of data should be maintained.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an Oracle preferred HCM implementation company, as well as a Platinum Partner with them. We have a very strong relationship with the support, development, and management teams.
it_user627054
EVP Oracle Cloud Applications Practice at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
I value the employee and manager self-service, online performance review, and mobile capability.

What is most valuable?

• Employee and manager self-service
  • Online performance review
  • Talent management capability
  • Mobile capability

How has it helped my organization?

• The ability to update your information online from any device is invaluable
  • Performing performance reviews online
  • Removing the need to use paper
  • Giving the data to produce the analytics

These weren't possible before we had this system.

What needs improvement?

Time Management solution. The native mobile application TAP is in great need of improvement. Apparently, a new version is coming in R12, so we look forward to seeing this.

I have been using this for four years.

In the early releases of the solution, we definitely experienced stability issues. But since R9, the stability has improved considerably. The mobile app TAP is still quite unstable and needs lots of improvement.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

I would give technical support rating of 3.5/5.

In the beginning, it was poor. Over the last two years, support has improved greatly.

It still needs improvement. Often, it takes a long time for support to respond. They sometimes move issues between countries and shifts. Mostly, the support is good, though.

We had a paper-based system.

We implemented the solution for other customers, so it was straightforward. But it's not something that could be set up without an implementation partner.

Buy the product at Oracle year-end because you get bigger discounts.

We are closely linked to Oracle, so we chose Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

Use the right implementation partner and ADOPT rather than ADAPT. Take the solution as it is delivered and don’t try to adapt it to your needs.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an implementation partner of Oracle.
it_user620598
Client Services Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
Allows employees and HR teams to utilize functions from remote locations. There is little or no option to customize business processes.

What is most valuable?

SaaS solution that reduces cost of ownership and maintenance

Offers free upgrades with the latest features and add-on capabilities for modules that we require

Oracle provides two upgrades for their cloud HCM solution each year. These upgrades include enhancements to existing functionality, new functionality, or introducing new modules that can manage business processes more efficiently.

For example, at the initial stage, we got core HCM modules that were helpful in managing employees and organizational details.

With subsequent free upgrades, we got the ability to use social connects like chats, group discussions, and online meetings.

With further upgrades, we kept on getting enhanced user experience with revised UI, mobile applications, and iPad-dedicated applications.

These upgrades are part of our service agreement. As long as we keep paying subscription fees, we keep on getting these upgrades for free.

Our organization covers three states in India and 4 in US. Employees are spread across these regions and need to access HCM system on-the-go. Oracle HCM Cloud offers subscription based services to system that includes web based interface, and mobile and ipad application. A simple net connections and credentials are enough for employees to access system and utilize HCM related services like time sheet, leave or personal information update.

In addition to this, inbuild chat system helps employee keep connected with each other and HR Representatives for day-to-day tasks and follow-ups if required.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization is spread out over a wide geographic region. Using cloud-based technology, we assure that all employees and HR teams have a seamless experience from their desktop, on-the-go mobile application, or iPads. They can utilize functions like absences, timesheets, and expense management with a decent internet connection, anywhere and anytime.

What needs improvement?

As the product is cloud based, it is a heavily standardized system.

There is little or no option to customize business processes, features, or integrate the few exceptional business processes to work with the existing product.

The majority of HR functions are standardized in terms of transactions in the system. However, each organization has peculiar functions, such as their forms.

As of now, there is no functionality in the system to accommodate such exceptions. They do have functionality to incorporate some in other products. These are excluded, especially for cloud HCM.

I have been using this solution for over three years.

We faced stability issues during the nascent stage of implementation, but none after that.

As a part of our service agreement, we provide services to a number of users over a geographic spread and during peak usage times. This communication helped us manage scalability without any challenges.

Technical support, during some stages, was a bit of hassle. As the product is now stable, we have fewer instances that require support.

We used a customized system provided by a local vendor. As our organization grew, we needed a better solution that would work for us and across various geographies.

The initial setup was a bit of challenge. There were issues to take care of such as new terminology, functionality, and legislative requirements.

From our experience, we would recommend to go for a basic system and functionality at the initial stage. Switch to additional (non-essential) modules if, and when, the organization needs better functionality.

Implementing all modules or features in one go might increase implementation time and complicate the process.

We evaluated three other products. Two of them were from local vendors and the other was Workday. As Workday is officially not supported for India, we had to rule that out.

Owning to our past experience with local products, we chose to go with Oracle. The system is supported in all geographic locations that we operate in and has a good presence with clients to reference.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely use it.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a retail partner, implementation (Platinum partner) and customer with this vendor.
it_user521730
Qa at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
The gross-to-net calculation and straight specific logic features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features in this product are computing, gross to net calculations and straight specific logic.

How has it helped my organization?

They give a good package compared to other companies, which was beneficial for our organization.

What needs improvement?

Not sure because the DBA team is taking care of this issue and I am QA.

It has great scalability and overall a user-friendly product.

In regards to the technical support team, sometimes they are busy and sometimes from the company point of view, you need to track someone specific instead of direct support.

We are using so…

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Not sure because the DBA team is taking care of this issue and I am QA.

It has great scalability and overall a user-friendly product.

We are using so many products.

What other advice do I have?

Some companies have their own payroll systems, whilst some prefer Oracle Payroll Cloud. So, it all depends on their requirement.

Chairman at Certus Solutions
Video Review
With the product being in the cloud, users don't have to worry about having servers on premises, they don't have to worry about the infrastructure and the upgrades.

What is most valuable?

Oracle have been spending a lot of time developing the HCM Cloud product, and it's now a full-featured product set as far as I'm concerned. It covers the core lifecycle of an employee, all the way through from hiring somebody, managing their employment during their time with the organization, all the way through to terminations at the end. Absences are managed, time and labor is there to manage people's working time. It's a fairly full-feature function set.

How has it helped my organization?

With the product being in the cloud, that means that the users don't have to worry about having servers on premises, they don't have to worry about all the infrastructure, all the upgrades. They have to test upgrades, but Oracle Cloud Services will provide all of those services as part of the subscription to the product. From a technical point of view, it's a really easy thing for an organization to manage. From a functional point of view, it's a really simply solution to use as well. From the current release, which is release 11, Oracle have introduced what's known as the simplified user interface. All of the screens that every type of user is going to use all look the same. They're really simple to use, so it does what it says on the box. Clean screens, not much information on each screen, and really intuitive to use.

What needs improvement?

I think Oracle HCM is a full-feature product. It's perhaps that some of the parts of the product need expansion. I come from the UK and we deal a lot with people who want a UK-based, legislatively-based payroll service. There are certain very specific things that have to be done that would be different from other countries. Currently, there are still some important gaps in that. Oracle are addressing that and they have a release program, and later this year we expect to see some of that come in. I think I'd like to see Oracle focus on the key components of the system rather than perhaps some of the more fluffy areas that not everyone is going to use.

A lot of people ask about scalability. That's one of the real benefits of Oracle in the cloud. Say you're an organization that's got 5,000 employees and you do an acquisition and you take on another 5,000. Then Oracle scales for you. You just raise a service request and say, "I need my database to be doubled in size." You haven't got to go through all the internal problems you would have if it was on premises. It's a highly scalable product.

When you're in the cloud you have a three-way relationship. Usually between the customer, their implementation partner, and Oracle themselves. Instead of Oracle just being a software vendor, they've now become a service provider. They have to provide the service to make sure it's up 24/7. They also have to provide the support. The support is really good for Oracle. People who use their older legacy system, E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, they use the same functionality within the system to record service requests so everything's exactly the same as it used to be. It's just it might be a different group of people supporting you. The product's now been out there for three or four years and it's becoming mature enough that there's people within Oracle who know how to support that.

One of the big issues at the moment that I think customers have is that the need to make a decision. If they've got an on-premises system, do they stay with that? Do they upgrade it? Get the next version, or do they move to the cloud? Now that's an individual decision for different companies and everybody will have their own reasons for why they decide to move to the cloud or why they don't. I think some of the benefits of moving to the cloud, that you don't have to manage that infrastructure anymore. Also, I think it's fair to say that Oracle really are developing the cloud. That's where all the innovation is going. Although they do update their legacy systems, we see more and more of the innovation going into the cloud first. I think that will just increase over time.

I think there comes a point when a customer who is thinking about moving to the cloud is going to think, "Well, if I buy an on-premises system and I keep that for the next five or 10 years, is that system going to be a bit of a dinosaur quite quickly?" Whereas cloud, it's in its infancy and I guess it's got a longer shelf life at this point. I think it's a decision that will be made differently by different companies. What we're seeing in the market is that more and more people seem to be moving to the cloud now.

I think when you're choosing a solution for the cloud, you've really got to look at is that vendor growing its application portfolio? Is it developing it? Is it bringing out new features? Is it giving you something that is scalable? If I want to grow my organization, will my application grow with me? I think they're the important things. Secondly, I'd look at support. Does my vendor provide the right level of support for me? If I'm a global organization, does it cover me following the sun around the world 24/7, 365 days a year?

I think when you're implementing in the cloud, it's a slightly different process to implementing on premises. There are still certain things about a project which will always be the same. For example, the customer has to do certain tasks and that will still take them as long as it always took them. The implementation partner will have to do tasks to ensure the customer understands what's going on so all of those things are the same. What you find in the cloud is you're buying a service. That service can be stood up almost immediately, and you're paying for it from day one, so the customer needs to see something, needs to see an ROI very quickly. What we do when we implement is we show them in week one what the system will look like. We put some of their own data into it and we go through quite a rapid implementation process.

What other advice do I have?

If somebody asks me to rate HCM Cloud from 1 to 10, I think at this point I'd give it an 8 out of 10. It's getting there. It's a really good product. My company implements it frequently. We've got a lot of business out of it and it's only getting better all the time. The only reason I wouldn't give it 9 or 10 is that I still think there's more that can be done, but I think it's a brilliant product. One of the important things about implementing the HCM Cloud solution is that you need to have a slightly different mind-set, a different approach to implementing it.

The traditional on-premises implementations often took maybe a year or more, would involve a great team of people who would be camped on the customer's site for the whole period, and it would be expensive. I think with cloud, you've got to think of it different because from day 1 that application will work. You need to configure it, but you can customize it, so you have to really understand the product. That's the key to it. We at Certus really understand the product set and we can get the most out of it for our customers because we know we cannot fall back on the option of customizing it because you just can't do that in the cloud. I think it's a different mind-set, really.

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're partners.
it_user436197
Consultant at Peg Consulting
The middleware allows you to create a project and all the required and the optional tasks come pre-configured.

Valuable Features

The best feature of the product is the middleware where it allows you to create a project and all the required and the optional tasks come pre-configured. So, you don't have to look for, "What do I need to do?" You can follow a step by step from the bottom up or top down approach. You will know that you have done the tasks that you need to do before the whole configuration or the testing process happens.

I am starting the implementation of benefits today of HCM Cloud. I have done EBS, full scale implementation of eight modules on my own for a smaller organization. Another advanced feature is the user interface, it is so smooth. I always say to people that PeopleSoft, is love at first sight, and Oracle EBS is an arranged marriage, because you will learn to love. Whereas, I think Oracle Cloud is also love at first sight, because it does the screens so smooth, things are very accessible.

Improvements to My Organization

I think the customer experience, especially with the process flows at the top, where it takes you through the five steps, it has a nice navigation path at the top. So you know where you are at any point of the configuration.

Room for Improvement

Oracle should make sure all their partners are well trained, so that they can go to the client site and make themselves truly valuable. Instead of just, "Oh, it works this way," that is not. They need to be trained, and I think Oracle is already going in the direction, I think they are making sure that implementations are done in a certain standard way and so on.

There is always room for improvement, and I met with an Oracle HCM person, and he and I are going to work together. He is going to pick my brain on some future release testing, and my HCM expertise, because I have all the credentials and I have worked with the product for 20 years, and in HR as well.

Use of Solution

We've been using it since February, so around three months now, but I am doing a lot of research, a lot of studying and I am working with a client. We have actually already configured the HCM Core and the Talent Management, just the goals and the performance.

It seems like it is stable. Well, it is not EBS because I have been working in EBS for 15 years. This is a new product, I think it has been in the market for a few years I believe, but I am glad that Oracle is going in the right direction of making it more end user friendly, functional friendly and adopting into the new technology. We are not bogged down with DBAs and copies and patches and gruel regression testing. All of those thing we don't need to worry in the cloud is much simpler and much more organized. It makes it easier.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

With regard to EBS payroll, the support is phenomenal. With HCM Cloud, I have only created two or three SRs, and so far, not bad, but I wouldn't go to phenomenal yet. They need to earn my trust and respect. You already have a benchmark with the new organization. If you want to find, Why did I give them exceptional for Oracle payroll? Go find out from them, what they are doing that is so good, because the people who support Oracle EBS payroll, they know what they are doing. They call the client, they don't wait, and they don't say, "Go do this, go do that." A lot of support people think that we have to give more information. Yes, it is true in some cases, because if a weird error happens, which is so peculiar to your that no one has heard of, granted, you need to go dig deeper, but for each and every question, support cannot say, "I have to give like 10 hours worth of information," before they can even figure out what the hell I am asking.

So, that is my feedback to support. You have your own people, go talk to them. Your Oracle Colorado Payroll Support Group. I know all of their names, first name basis.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I currently work for two Oracle partners.
it_user417114
Engagement Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Compared to earlier versions, HCM Cloud has built-in business intelligence and reporting capabilities, and not just transactional. Lowering the total cost of ownership would be nice.

Valuable Features

Compared to earlier, older versions, HCM Cloud has built-in business intelligence and reporting capabilities, and not just transactional. In other words, it provides actual analytic capabilities that are pretty good. Insofar as specific functionalities go, it has on the accounts tables side built-in document image capturing tools. There's no need to rely on third-party products anymore.

Improvements to My Organization

I do quite a lot of work in the GL, general ledger. Oracle has built some Hyperion planning and budgeting capabilities into it, which, in older versions, were separate investment appliances. Every customer I've spoken with has really liked those features, at least in theory.

Room for Improvement

Lowering the total cost of ownership would be nice. We're a consulting organization, so we help implement Oracle HCM Cloud. We want to help our clients optimize and see reductions in execution times. Traditional ERP implementations released for global manufacturing companies used to take anywhere from eighteen months to two or three years. With HCM Cloud and some accelerators and other capabilities, we can reduce those execution times by at least six to eight months.

Also, the financial and supply chains need more integration with companies' business processes and their feedback provided to Oracle consulting partners like us. This helps with further improvements in the future.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for about a couple of years.

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

There are some modules and suits that are more stable than others. HCM is very robust and stable, and that's why you soon many clients adopting it sooner. But when it comes to supply chain and financial clients, it's still something written with bugs. Oracle product development is obviously working hard to improve on that.

We see a lot of adoption from the clients going in for an on-premise, which means you have everything in-house at your own location, but then scaling it up to go to Oracle HCM Cloud and having Oracle host it. This mitigates some of the fears that clients have in terms of security and scalability and elasticity of the product. Once that is worked up, we have seen that the product supports any business decision in terms of scalability.

There are some areas that are more robust and more mature in terms of the offering than others. We do, obviously, based on our relationship with Oracle support, get ample support for what we want and when we want it, but because of the maturity levels in some of the offerings, like supply chain and financials, Oracle support themselves struggles sometimes, so we work to reach out to our counterparts in product development to get what we need.

It is actually much easier now than it used to be. It's all vanilla and it's pretty much straightforward. Obviously, there is a lot of training that is involved, but it's much easier and much less stringent than the previous versions in terms of navigation.

Other Advice

The future is the cloud, so if you, as an organization, are reluctant to go on the cloud and adopt that, the only advice there is to get on the bandwagon and adopt this product. Be an early adopter to reap the benefits. Don't wait. If you miss the train, you miss the train.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're consulting and implementation partners.
it_user419250
HRIS Analyst at Fannie Mae
It allows us to consolidate all of our HR functions onto one platform. Whenever Oracle provides a new release, they will overlay certain customizations that you have.

What is most valuable?

It allows us to consolidate all of our HR functions onto one platform. That's really the big selling point and value proposition for us -- the consolidation.

How has it helped my organization?

We have just one platform from which to work instead of multiple vendors for HCR. This increases the overall ease of maintaining the HCR system.

What needs improvement?

One of the challenges that we've discovered is that for some things like report modifications, whenever Oracle provides a new release, they will overlay certain customizations that you have. And then it becomes a real hassle to re-customize for our needs. There's got to be a better way.

We've been using Golds and just started using Compensation. We're about to roll into a project to implement HCM. So we've used it for about a year now.

We've had no issues with deployment.

In terms of instability, we've had issues with the application being unavailable a few times, especially during our end-of-year cycle.

We haven't had to scale it yet, but it sounds like it would be easy.

It seems to me that Oracle prefers to deal with clients completely through their SR management system and sometimes avoid personal contact. Sometimes you need a phone call. As a customer, you need to know that you can get a phone call if you need a phone call.

We use SuccessFactor's product for goals, succession, and performance, so we're coming off of those products. We wanted to consolidate everything into one.

I was involved with some of the initial requirements, but I don't have much to do with the modules that we're currently using in production.

What other advice do I have?

Think long and hard about it, and consider a product that will integrate with payroll easily. I think the advantages are the consolidation of the HCM and functionality. So far the challenges have been more along the lines of support.

Gustavo Gonzalez
Chief Technology Officer at IT Convergence
The UI is simple, modern, and familiar to our users. It's decreased our cost of training for the different aspects of the system.

What is most valuable?

The UI has helped us decrease the cost of training our users to use different aspects of the system. It’s very modern and has aspects that the users are familiar with from other sites, like Amazon or Apple, so the tool is very simple for them.

How has it helped my organization?

I personally tried implementing this HR functionality in another Oracle product called E-Business Suite, but it didn’t have a good adoption because of the user experience. So, we were early adopters on this and we’ve moved forward with different versions.

What needs improvement?

Integration. We still have Oracle E-Business Suite in other business areas, so integration of HCM Cloud into it would be an improvement.

Also, they should be working towards making the back end simpler for IT.

I've used it for almost three years.

No issues encountered.

We haven't scaled it since it was implemented.

7/10.

7 to 8/10.

We were using another solution from Oracle, and switched because of the more modern architecture and better user experience.

It's very straightforward, very simple. Coming from another Oracle tool, they’ve done a great job simplifying the setup and the steps for performing the setup. It was very simple because it’s cloud-based.

We did it internally. We have a team of experts.

I think it’s pretty straightforward. I would advise others to make sure that they have a plan in place and that they’re prepared before they sign the contracts. Since it’s cloud, once you sign the contract the clock will start ticking and you’ll start playing. Getting ready, preparing for the project, and working with the Oracle Sales team on the contract is very important to save some money.

We didn’t compare with other products. We’re an Oracle shop.

What other advice do I have?

Have a knowledgeable partner who knows your HR processes. Don’t select a partner just because of their technical skills with the product or knowledge of the product.

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a platinum partner.
it_user279870
Practice Manager Payroll/T&L at KBACE Technologies
​Its integrated modules, such as for payroll, allow for more seamless business processes.

What is most valuable?

The payroll module.

How has it helped my organization?

Its integrated modules allow for more seamless business processes.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is not conducive to high volume data entry.

I've been using it for 16 years.

The biggest issue with the latest release is specifically with implementing the payroll module. It has had some issues with local taxes, and it didn’t calculate taxes at all for Pennsylvania or Ohio.

None, as it’s pretty stable. Being hosted by Oracle, the uptime is pretty good.

No issues encountered.

8/10. As an implementer at one of their premier partners, and knowing the people I know at Oracle, I get pretty good customer service. If we need to escalate an issue we can typically go straight to someone in development.

6/10. They sometimes have difficulty accurately troubleshooting issues.

No, I’ve always worked with Oracle.

It’s complex. That’s what keeps me employed – there’s a whole industry of consultants who are implementing Oracle. It is complex to configure.

I am the implementation partner, so I do the implementations.

Here’s the one thing – don’t let Oracle tell you to implement something just because they threw it into the purchase to sweeten the deal. All too often, I see customers where, during the negotiations for the licensing, Oracle will throw in such and such module – like Oracle time and labor – and the customer feels obligated to implement it, when they don’t really need it as maybe they already have a good in-house solution.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that your systems integrator-partner knows the product

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an implementation partner for Oracle. We are also a customer of Oracle because we use Oracle EPS internally. We’re both customers and implementers.
it_user279864
Director of Professional Services at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
As a cloud-based service, the subscription pricing is more cost-effective for us than licensing it and we've been able to scale up on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

For me personally, the most valuable is the account management suite. They're constantly developing it.

How has it helped my organization?

Oracle moved the solution to the cloud from on-site. This is more cost-effective for us as a subscription service rather than as a licence-based solution.

What needs improvement?

The mobile capabilities need to be improved. It would be good for our workforce to be able to access the information from mobile devices and respond to requests. The product is still in development, but the mobile capabilities are still better than their eBusiness suite, and we are happy with it for now.

We're still finding some issues, and third-party apps that need using with our systems. There's still a lot of development to be done, but they are constantly adding new features and modules. Currently, if Oracle doesn't have a solution, we can find a vendor who does.

I've used it for about three years.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered yet.

We're scaling up on the cloud, and it's getting there.

They're fairly quick with their responses, 8/10. Every time we need a modification done, we need to speak to them.

They're on top of things, 8/10 as there's always room for improvement.

We previously used several different Oracle solutions, mainly converged systems. We wanted to have everything in one system, and are currently planning on importing our accounting into it.

It was complex because we have several systems that needed integrating into the cloud system. With the API we use, this was done and it works well. There was also a lot of process change, because instead of tailoring the system to fit the process, we had to tailor the processes to the system.

Most of the development was controlled by Oracle. The implementation itself though was done in-house with help here and there from a consultant.

Work the best price you can, and tailor the product for your company to get the best price.

We didn't as we already had experience with Oracle, and wanted to move to their subscription service.

What other advice do I have?

Now there's a couple of other companies have it, as well as some consulting companies that do, so get advice from them.

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're an Oracle partner.