Oracle Identity Cloud Service OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Identity Cloud Service is #11 ranked solution in top Identity and Access Management as a Service providers. IT Central Station users give Oracle Identity Cloud Service an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle Identity Cloud Service is most commonly compared to Azure Active Directory:Oracle Identity Cloud Service vs Azure Active Directory. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 54% of all views.
What is Oracle Identity Cloud Service?

Oracle Identity Cloud Service enables organizations to automate security, compliance, and IDM activities regardless of where they are on their journey to the cloud.

Download the Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Oracle Identity Cloud Service Customers

Valuecube, Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction, Ricoh

Oracle Identity Cloud Service Video

Archived Oracle Identity Cloud Service Reviews (more than two years old)

AP
Assistant Manager at a integrator with 501-1,000 employees
Offers direct access to give authentication and authorization to users

• "Federation and Identity let us create users and send federation tools, giving the authentication and authorization to users. With the on-premise solution, I can do the installation, configuration, and integration of Identity Access Management. This gives us direct access. The integration with the single solution E-business suite is also very valuable."
  • "The protocol could be easier to use."

What is most valuable?

The Identity features let us create users and give the authentication and authorization to users. With the on-premise solution, I can do the installation, configuration, and integration of Identity Access Management. This gives us direct access. The integration with the single solution E-business suite is also very valuable.

What needs improvement?

The protocol could be easier to use.

We've been using this solution for two years.

Of course it's stable to use.

It's very easy to expand and it's very user-friendly. We work as a consultant in one of our client's sites. We don't have any sites of our own, but we provide consultancy to the clients. Our clients are medium-sized, around 200 to 500 employees.

We are the ones providing support and integration. We are golden partners with Oracle and we provide a service, so if there are any critical issues, we open a case with Oracle. They will then take care of the issue, depending on the requirements and how we approach that issue.

It's a simple installation and easy to use. It's also a one-click installation.

What other advice do I have?

It depends on the business. It depends on what exactly the customer is looking for from Identity Access Management, his business needs, and what he needs from this product. It's an excellent product and the integration adapts well with all things around the solution. Before choosing the product, they should decide on what their requirements are.

From my knowledge and I'm not fully aware of the outside research, I would rate this as a nine or ten out of ten.

Ryo Asakawa
Project Manager at Rakuten
Has high stability and good performance but the price is too high

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the high stability and good performance.

What needs improvement?

The cost of this solution should be reduced.

The stability is very good. It works non-stop.

If we grow then our business grows, and scalability is important. Because this is a SaaS product, it depends on our demand and if the pricing is variable.

The technical support for this solution is good.

When the implementation starts from scratch then it is straightforward.

Our vendor assisted us with the implementation.

What's my

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the high stability and good performance.

What needs improvement?

The cost of this solution should be reduced.

The stability is very good. It works non-stop.

The technical support for this solution is good.

When the implementation starts from scratch then it is straightforward.

Our vendor assisted us with the implementation.

The price of this solution is high.

Our licensing costs are on a yearly basis.

When evaluating this product we considered cost and performance. We also looked at whether it had features that other solutions do not have. These are the reasons we made the decision to use this product.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Microsoft, Okta and others in Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS). Updated: November 2021.
554,529 professionals have used our research since 2012.
marksimpson
Development Director at Griffiths Waite
An important foundation product for other cloud services, although the UI needs improvement

• "The APIs are well documented, which has allowed us to access the IDCS security applications in our custom APIs."
  • "Self Service features are still limited in IDCS, and there is a need for more customization of the self-service screens."

What is our primary use case?

I use IDCS to support other cloud services including the Oracle API Platform, Digital Assistant, and Content Cloud. I also use the product as an OAuth 2.0 provider for custom applications including protecting runtime APIs and JET applications. We have also implemented the OIM Connector for synchronization of on-premise identities with the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

IDCS has enabled the users of the other cloud services. It has allowed administrators to manage access to services, applications, and grant privileges via IDCS groups. The integration of this with the on-premise identity provider has allowed the product to co-exist and facilitate a gradual move to the cloud as an identity provider.

What is most valuable?

The OAuth 2.0 component is straightforward to set up and use. I also found it very easy to set up social identity providers, such as Google, and delegate the authentication to that provider.

The APIs are well documented, which has allowed us to access the IDCS security applications in our custom APIs. This allowed us to build an Authentication API for all of our public facing APIs to use IDCS as the OAuth 2.0 provider.

What needs improvement?

Self Service features are still limited in IDCS, and there is a need for more customization of the self-service screens.

At the moment there seems to be a lag between security items created in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and the Identity Cloud Service. Also, the user interface between these areas of the system is confusing.

Alignment of IDCS applications with applications in other cloud services such as API Platform would improve the product.

Two years.

It has been stable thus far in production.

I have not experienced any scalability issues.

We used the on-premise Oracle IdM Suite prior to this.

The setup is native and automated as part of the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.

We implemented in-house, with support from Product Management on integration with new versions of other cloud services such as the API Platform.

It is a foundational product to facilitate ROI from the other cloud services, but I can see that there will be an ROI with the standard product.

The foundation tier that is offered with other cloud services subscriptions is fairly extensive and supports the use of identities, groups, and privileges in those cloud services. However, the standard tier may be needed as an additional subscription for identity management features such as multi-factor authentication, and user onboarding/self-service.

A useful description of the tiers can be found here:

I did a POC with other social identity providers, e.g. Google, but the integration with on-premise IdM ensured IDCS was the first choice.

What other advice do I have?

A good foundation product to support the other cloud services, but improvements are needed in the user interface to simplify the experience and allow customer services to be involved in using the cloud service effectively.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

RS
Chief Ecosystem Officer
It reduces our staff and more things are automated, but the user interface needs improvement

• "Onboarding of new employees, consultants, and partners has rapidly increased. We reduced the time to onboard them and the ease of onboarding has been improved. Therefore, we recognize there has been efficiency which has been brought into our organization."
  • "The initial setup was a little complex. At that time, the method of integration was a bit complicated due to the scripts that we were required to write for the integration."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is user provisioning.

How has it helped my organization?

It reduces the number of staff that we have on the administration of the HR system, so more things are automated.

We have seen a measurable decrease in the mean time to detect or respond to threats by approximately 20 percent.

What is most valuable?

Integration with our HR system is its most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The user interface needs improvement.

It is pretty stable.

It is pretty scalable.

The technical support would be at the top end of the vendors that I have known.

Their customer support has also been quite good.

The initial setup was a little complex. At that time, the method of integration was a bit complicated due to the scripts that we were required to write for the integration.

We used a consultant, who was good, for the implementation.

The solution has helped to increase staff productivity. We have save about 30 percent in time.

We also evaluated IBM Tivoli and CA. We chose Oracle because the broadness of the connector capability and repetition.

What other advice do I have?

Identify the exact use case of what you need before you move forward with a solution out there.

Some of our partners insisted that we have this type of product installed.