Oracle Java Cloud Service Reviews

rating
Tarek Bakr
Development Team Lead at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
May 14 2018

What is most valuable?

Backing up and recovery for my domain are very easy and fast. In addition, applying patches and undoing applied patches is effective and easy to do.

How has it helped my organization?

We are working in a "hot" region. Most Middle East countries have conflicts and wars. We are able to move from one country to another one, so this solution gives us availability. We can access our database and application any time, anywhere at no additional cost.

What needs improvement?

The product is satisfactory but we need more training on managing the machine itself. For example, how do we add more storage, how do we extend a specific portion? I would like to see videos illustrating some of the technical tasks that we often need to do.

What other advice do I have?

The product is very good, fine-tuned, and stable. Support is available 24/7 and is really fast and effective. However, it is somewhat expensive, so I rate it at eight out of 10.
Software Engineer (Oracle FMW) at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Apr 15 2018

What is most valuable?

* Getting to choose the Virtual Machine configurations while setting up the server, which is an automated process. * The ability to manage security and access the server from any location with complete security using SSH is perfect for performing crucial tasks, even while travelling. * OJCS can seamlessly connect to other cloud offerings like Oracle Database Cloud Service, Oracle Developer Cloud… more»

How has it helped my organization?

The concerns of server failure and unplanned downtime have been notably reduced. The automated features of auto-purging in 12c helps clear disk space on a routine basis.

What needs improvement?

Most of the features provided are well designed and implemented. I'd like to learn more about WebLogic Server for solutions to help identify and resolve stuck threads.
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Amazon, Microsoft and others in PaaS Clouds. Updated: October 2019.
372,185 professionals have used our research since 2012.
User
Financial Professional at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 22 2017

What is most valuable?

I think it's pretty fast and, I feel, competent because the company is pretty big and things seem to be secure.

How has it helped my organization?

Reduces man-hours and speeds up business operations.

What needs improvement?

I feel like everything's running perfectly, so I don't have any improvements at the moment. But in terms of future features I would like it to be more helpful on the social media and marketing side.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you network more. Get to know the techniques of the technology of Oracle and just expand it throughout your business and enlighten your employees.
Syed F Ahmed
Enterprise Architect at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 21 2018

What is most valuable?

Cloud has provided: * Cost savings * Less maintenance * More security * Better database management * Better deployments * On Demand scalability

How has it helped my organization?

We have adopted TOGAF architecture framework for more than five years, as agile teams have been working with continuous deployments and JIRA as our ALM tool. Moving to Oracle Cloud has addressed some of our major concerns with having to manage the infrastructure, which needs better scalability, integrated security, and better database access. Moving away from maintenance and support of most… more»

What needs improvement?

Integration with Oracle products is well-supported. The same should be provided for other products that are used in most organizations, like PeopleSoft, CA, etc.
Amit Mehetre
Solution Architect - Digital & Mobile at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
May 16 2018

What is most valuable?

* Easy provisioning and scalability * Seamless integration capabilities * High-availability and ease of management

How has it helped my organization?

* Operational overhead and expenses have been reduced due to easy provisioning and decommissioning of dev/test environments. * Application lifecycle management has become easier with built-in DevOps capabilities.

What needs improvement?

Since most of our applications are Oracle ADF based on WebCenter, supporting a complete lift and shift of such complex Java EE would help us become completely cloud-based for our web channels.
Erol Tokalacoglu
DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
May 16 2018

What do you think of Oracle Java Cloud Service?

What is our primary use case?

We have a Spring Framework-based web API application for a telco. This application communicates with company's ESB, it has its own Oracle Database, and runs on Oracle WebLogic Server.

How has it helped my organization?

We have dev, test, and production stages. Developers deploy their builds and if we need to scale the environment we can do it quickly. So before going to production, everything is ready.

What is most valuable?

Fast deployment Easy configuration of the environment

What needs improvement?

It has been built on Java technology but requires more integration with other APIs and CI tools.

Fahd Mirza Chughtai
Cloud Architect, Oracle ACE, Oracle DBA at Pythian
May 15 2018

What do you think of Oracle Java Cloud Service?

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for Oracle Java Cloud Service was to increase the productivity of developers and project managers by leveraging the agility of cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

The Oracle Java Cloud Service has enabled our developers to focus on what they do best: developing modern Java applications. In addition, more projects that meet clients' expectations can be completed, increasing our revenues.

What is most valuable?

Speeds up delivery of projects, making for satisfied clients.

What needs improvement?

Customer service could be improved.

Less than one year.
Imran Mirza
Principal Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
May 06 2018

What do you think of Oracle Java Cloud Service?

What is our primary use case?

Demoing. Two CPUs, 16GB memory.

How has it helped my organization?

Demoing is always an expensive process, from procurement of hardware to installation of software. Now, it is easier, cheaper, and more elastic.

What is most valuable?

Self-provisioning, easy to choose from WebLogic 11g to 12c. Customer has different requirements and it is easy to provision and choose the version of WebLogic within minutes.

What needs improvement?

Integration with other Oracle/non-Oracle products.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Oracle Java Cloud Service

372,185 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Oracle Java Cloud Service Questions

What is Oracle Java Cloud Service?

Oracle Java Cloud Service is a complete platform and infrastructure cloud solution for building, deploying, and managing Java EE applications. Use Oracle Java Cloud Service to rapidly provision an application environment with Oracle WebLogic Server as the application container, Oracle Coherence as a caching and data grid tier, and Oracle Traffic Director as the software load balancer—all on top of infrastructure provided by Oracle Compute Cloud Service.

For more information on Oracle Java Cloud Service, visit Oracle.com