Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Overview

Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Financial Performance and Strategy Management tools. It is most often compared to Oracle HFM: Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud vs Oracle HFM

What is Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud?
Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service enables organizations of all sizes to quickly adopt world-class planning and budgeting applications with no CAPEX infrastructure investments, driving world-class functionality beyond finance across the enterprise, with flexible deployment options and virtually no learning curve.

Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud is also known as Oracle PBCS, Oracle Enterprise Business Planning.

Download the Business Performance Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Customers
Australian Finance Group Ltd., Daelim Industrial Co. Ltd., TBS Group, Delaware Life Insurance, Shelf Drilling Ltd., Abu Dhabi Department of Finance, Fugro Norway AS, Drake & Scull International PJSC (DSI), Racepoint Global, Edgewater Technology Inc., King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology, Communications Test Design Inc.
Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Project Specialist at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It’s easy for users to see what they have to do next. The forms are riddled with negatives.

What other advice do I have?

I don’t like this version, but it might get better. I think our company should have gone with an Excel based tool. I would rate it a five out of ten.
Techincal Data Architect at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We're happy with it from a standardized input perspective. We're not happy with how you get information out of the system.

Valuable Features

From a standardized input perspective, we’re very happy with it.

Room for Improvement

We are not that happy with how you get information out of the system. I wish we could delete years out of the Planning cube so that we didn't have to keep growing. Also, we would like to see the ability to build dimensions more dynamically.

Use of Solution

It's been operational for 6 years.

Planning takes some hand holding since processes have not been automated. Updating dimensions is more manual, so if we could automate that, it would be great.

Since we can’t delete years out of the Planning cube, the growth is eventually going to create a performance issue.

Support from Oracle depends on…
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Adaptive Insights, SAP and others in Business Performance Management. Updated: April 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Manager, Finance IT Systems at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The most valuable features are the forums, translation and data movement. I would like to see instant dynamic calculations and more out of the box functionality.

What other advice do I have?

While it’s definitely the market leader for HFM, I’m not sure I would say the same for Planning because the architecture could be more advanced. I would look at the competitors, but I do like Planning, and I would rate it a seven out of ten.
Senior Essbase/Planning Developer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
We enjoy the stability. If the data is there, users are able to find it.

What other advice do I have?

This is the best product I have ever used in my life and I would rate it a ten out of ten.
CEO at PROMATIS Group
We've moved from a centralized to a decentralized planning approach, with the possibility of putting planning responsibility on middle management.

What other advice do I have?

Think thoroughly the future planning process before implementing the product.
Project Lead at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
For an organization considering an EPM planning solution, they'll want a quick cloud deployment of P&BCS and run with it. The quickness of the implementation is really where the value is.

What other advice do I have?

If you're a net new client, talk to your peers who are in the same industry. Have they deployed the Hyperion solution? What kind of deployment option was there? Was it an on-premise, or was it cloud? Talk to them, and then get in touch with your vendors. Get in touch with your Oracle representative. Work with them. They will help you, because they in turn are trying to help ourselves. We all are.