Oracle Real User Experience Insight OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Real User Experience Insight is #28 ranked solution in APM tools. IT Central Station users give Oracle Real User Experience Insight an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle Real User Experience Insight is most commonly compared to AppDynamics:Oracle Real User Experience Insight vs AppDynamics. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 40% of all views.
What is Oracle Real User Experience Insight?

Oracle Real User Experience Insight, Oracle's on-premises management platform, providing a single pane of glass for management of Oracle environments, whether in customer data centers or in Oracle Cloud that integrates performance analysis and usage analysis into a single offering, enabling business and IT stakeholders to develop a shared understanding into their application users' experience. Oracle Real User Experience Insight's non-intrusive monitoring capability is built using state-of-the-art Network Protocol Analysis (NPA) technology, which does not require any modification, changes, or instrumentation of the application. Its passive monitoring approach allows enterprises to deploy in production, without requiring costly test/QA environment validations.

Oracle Real User Experience Insight is also known as Oracle Real User Experience Insight, Oracle RUEI.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Oracle Real User Experience Insight Customers

Hover Automotive India, Chhattisgarh Infotech and Biotech Promotion Society, Daelim Industrial, MakeMyTrip, Acorn Paper Products Company, KEC International, Ministero del Lavoro e delle Politiche Sociali, The Qatar Olympic Committee

Oracle Real User Experience Insight Video

Oracle Real User Experience Insight Reviews

CM
Senior Performance Engineer at City of New York
UX monitoring is helpful but it can't monitor mobile applications

• "ORUEI lets you create a dashboard that shows you insight into the user experience."
  • "Currently, it monitors web applications well, but ORUEI doesn't monitor mobile applications yet. It would be nice if they also added the ability to monitor mobile apps."

What is our primary use case?

ORUEI can monitor any business application from the frontend until the data goes to the application's backend. We have a team of about 13 to 15 techs who use ORUEI for application monitoring. We use a dashboard to do production data monitoring in the main application. Production usage monitoring can also monitor security, performance, malfunctions, user violations, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

Even if you don't have a QA tool, you can automate a lot of the quality assurance functions through ORUEI. It can see the application violations from production and testing. Due to this feature, the organization is a lot healthier than it was before.

What is most valuable?

ORUEI lets you create a dashboard that shows you insight into the user experience.

What needs improvement?

We have a whole business process monitoring framework with ORUEI in front. So even the database part is monitored from the Oracle Enterprise Manager. This is part of a suite of related products, and companies that buy it build a team to operate it. I led the team to implement this tool for production testing and the stage environment, and improvement has been endless. There is nothing that I can say now that needs improvement. However, they could add one capability. Currently, it monitors web applications well, but ORUEI doesn't monitor mobile applications yet. It would be nice if they also added the ability to monitor mobile apps.

I've been using Oracle Real User Experience Insight for six years.

This solution is highly stable because it is built on the Oracle platform. Stability is very high because we have Oracle Database on the backend coupled with ADF, E-Business Suite, or Oracle Development Framework. Most organizations have the Oracle Database in the backend.

There are two types of scalability: vertical and horizontal. We scaled vertically so that ORUEI is more stable. If one is down and then another is up. So it is friendly to the concept of scalability. We're not using it very much, but Oracle has come out with a cloud solution. The product o called Oracle Management Cloud, OMC. OMC has similar features, but it can be deployed on the cloud and also on-prem. So we are thinking of using the OMC for the cloud, and for on-prem, we will still use ORUEI.

Oracle technical support has built a comprehensive knowledge base that covers topics like how to build a dashboard, how to build a service level agreement, how to build the user setting, how to add the URLs, etc. So in terms of training and studying the knowledge base, it takes some time to adapt to the tool unless you are already an expert in Oracle. You have to spend the first two years learning the ropes.

Previously, we used AppDynamics and another tool whose name I can't recall at the moment.

Setup wasn't too complex because we just deployed to the server, and that's it. The URL needs to be accessed. The port needs to be opened from the desktop appliance extension to there, and a certificate needs to be installed on the PC to access the dashboard and modification tool. I was the admin for that superuser, so I had all the access at that time. And the users also get the same access. The deployment takes no less than one week. We follow the waterfall model to deploy because it has to be part by part. It doesn't require us to take the server down, and that doesn't take more than an hour. I did all of the deployment myself. Our middleware admin handles updates.

For the waterfall deployment, it is hard to tell. I've seen the data on ROI, and the return is high. We've found that our applications are performing better because we can identify an issue before the user reports to us. These are the real ROIs. That's better than the Oracle Framework.

ORUEI comes in a package. It comes with Oracle Enterprise Management solution, so it's a few million actually.

When we were considering our options, we were told to compare this solution with some others. Our options were: Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle ADF application, and Oracle Forms and Reports. This is one of the best solutions to use. On top of AppDynamics, there is also another one. I forgot the name. Of all of these, ORUEI is one of the best tools because it synchronizes daily with the framework very well.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Real User Experience Insight seven out of 10 because it can monitor web applications well, but it still can't monitor mobile applications. I don't have much advice for people considering ORUEI except to say that you should decide based on a proof of concept. Do the POC, and you will know whether to use it or not.