Oracle Reports OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Reports is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Software Components vendors. It is most often compared to Oracle Forms: Oracle Reports vs Oracle Forms

What is Oracle Reports?
Oracle Reports, a component of Oracle Fusion Middleware is Oracle's award-winning, high-fidelity enterprise reporting tool. It enables businesses to provide instant access to information to all levels within and outside of the organization in a scalable and secure environment. Oracle Reports consists of Oracle Reports Developer - a powerful, declarative WYSIWYG reports design tool and a JEE 5 based Oracle Reports Server with multi-tier architecture to access any data sources, generate reports in any popular format for web and paper, and to burst and distribute reports to any destination. Oracle remains committed to the development of this technology, and to the ongoing release as a component of the Oracle Fusion Middleware platform.
Oracle Reports Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle Reports Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Oracle Reports Video

Oracle Reports Reviews

Syed SaqibGhawas
Data Warehousing, ETL, BI Developer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Stable, easy to set up, and easy to work with

• "With this solution, we can provide the managerial-level reports to show them the profits, losses, company expenses, and assets."
  • "The GUI could use some improvement."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for financial  and Health care reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

Our financial department has to provide our managers with reports on how the product is doing every month and on a yearly basis

What is most valuable?

The features that I like the most are the database design and the BI tools.

What needs improvement?

The GUI could use some improvement.

The pricing can be reduced and some changes could be made to the interface.

I have been using Oracle Reports for 5 years.

This solution is stable and it is better than other solutions that I have been using.

This solution is scalable.

We have five to six people using it. Some are at the managerial level and others are on the administrative level.

I have not been in touch with technical support, but my manager has. I think that they were helpful.

Previously, I have used solutions by IBM, Cognos, Maxima, Microsoft, and Tableau.

The initial setup was simple, not that complex.

The deployment took two hours.

We have a team of two for deployment and maintenance.

We did not use an integrator or vendor. We followed the instructions and did it ourselves.

sql server

What other advice do I have?

Oracle Reports is a big name in the market. It's good but I have heard that it is costly.

The architectural report is good, this solution is stable, and it's easy to work with.

Hybrid Cloud
FirozAhmed
Solution Consultant at AOT
Good dashboard and APIs help provide organizational visibility to high-level management

• "The reports can be customized based on the requirements."
  • "Depending on which variables are being used in the report, there can be issues related to security."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this solution for generating reports and presenting them to high-level management.

How has it helped my organization?

Oracle Reports allows us to analyze things that are going on in the organization, according to customer requirements, and generate reports. It gives us good visibility.

What is most valuable?

The most valuables features are the dashboard and the APIs. I use the dashboard to generate reports.

The reports can be customized based on the requirements. It is possible to create reports using both dynamic and static variables.

What needs improvement?

Depending on which variables are being used in the report, there can be issues related to security.

I have been using Oracle Reports for about one year.

We have had no issues with stability.

Oracle technical support is good.

It takes between five and ten minutes to deploy reports.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle Reports are very easy to create and fast to implement.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.