Oracle Service Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Service Cloud is #5 ranked solution in top CRM Customer Engagement Centers, #6 ranked solution in top Marketing Management tools, and #8 ranked solution in top CRM tools. IT Central Station users give Oracle Service Cloud an average rating of 6 out of 10. Oracle Service Cloud is most commonly compared to Oracle CX Sales:Oracle Service Cloud vs Oracle CX Sales. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 43% of all views.
What is Oracle Service Cloud?

Oracle Service Cloud, part of the Oracle CX Cloud Suite, is a cloud-based, omnichannel solution that captures a 360-degree view of every customer in a dynamic and unified agent desktop. Oracle Service Cloud’s innovative approach is driven by knowledge, automation, and evolving customer interaction channels, simplifying every service experience for service administrators and customers alike. By helping to differentiate your organization's service experience, Oracle Service Cloud delivers measurable business impacts across all industries.

This flexible and scalable platform includes:

• A highly interactive and pixel-perfect Web and Mobile Customer Service, encouraging customers to self-serve via a customer portal, knowledge base, Facebook page, or peer-based community. Service can also be predictive, through the Internet of Things, or automated through virtual assistants, for example.
  • A unified Cross-Channel Contact Center that captures a unique 360-degree view of every consumer across all channels guiding agents to seamless resolution.
  • A time-based, self-learning, and predictive Field Service Management (formerly TOA Technologies) that automates and optimizes operations in the field.
  • A fully integrated cloud Knowledge Management solution that delivers a seamless and consistent experience across all channels. It is the backbone of every omnichannel service strategy.
  • Oracle Policy Automation delivers Smarter Advice–a more personal, richer interaction with customers based on the easy automation of business processes, rules, regulations, and organizational policies.

For more information visit https://cloud.oracle.com/en_US/service-cloud

Oracle Service Cloud is also known as Oracle RightNow.

Download the CRM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Oracle Service Cloud Customers

Pacifico Seguros Generales, Elsevier B.V., Madison Area Technical College, Bigtree Entertainment, Pvt. Ltd., HM Land Registry, Walmart Stores Inc., MakeMyTrip Ltd., Orbitz Worldwide LLC, Big Fish Games Inc.

Oracle Service Cloud Video

Archived Oracle Service Cloud Reviews (more than two years old)

ER
Process and Data Manager at Point of Origin
Managing the sales staff with optional and obligatory tasks works well

What is our primary use case?

Steering our salesforce.

How has it helped my organization?

We had to manage the work of about 45 people in sales: 30 in retail, 15 in gastronomy. You need good IT skills to run the system well, and it's not lean to manage, though it's flexible and there are many possibilities for desired developments.

What is most valuable?

Managing the sales staff with optional and obligatory tasks works well. The system is flexible if you have the necessary know how.

What needs improvement?

It's not lean to manage.

What is our primary use case?

Steering our salesforce.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It's not lean to manage.

reviewer974331
Solution Architect - Oracle CX Cloud
I like the self-service feature of the customer portal

What is our primary use case?

We implemented Oracle Service Cloud for a building management company. They were very happy as their customers were able to call, chat and email their issues and these were closely monitored and were tracked regularly for resolution.

How has it helped my organization?

Being the platinum partner of Oracle, we did the implementation for this client thus making the system work beyond their expectations.

What is most valuable?

Self-service through the customer portal Knowledge management Omni-channel through CoBrowse CTI Chat, etc.

What needs improvement?

Their mobile application for this product could be made more attractive as it currently has little functionalities.

Three to five years.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• Self-service through the customer portal
  • Knowledge management
  • Omni-channel through CoBrowse
  • CTI
  • Chat, etc.

Three to five years.
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Microsoft, Pega and others in CRM. Updated: November 2021.
552,695 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer963333
Oracle Service Cloud Developer
It has amazing and very powerful reporting

What is our primary use case?

Documenting call center customer interaction, transferring incidents between teams and the help desk chat.

How has it helped my organization?

The OSC has been a great help, providing guides for agents, chat and help desk, surveys, etc. It's easy to document and work on customer cases. It has an amazing and very powerful reporting.

What is most valuable?

Love the power of reporting and dashboards. Also, I really like how easy it is to customize the OSC to fit most needs.

What needs improvement?

I think it is really good as it is but the chat routing could use some improvements. It is difficult to manage lots of queues since the agents can only have one profile.

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

• The OSC has been a great help, providing guides for agents, chat and help desk, surveys, etc.
  • It's easy to document and work on customer cases.
  • It has an amazing and very powerful reporting.

Justin Dillow
Configuration Engineer III at Harte Hanks
It allowed us to shorten the time to resolve issues and facilitate multiple concurrent avenues of contact for customers.

What is our primary use case?

• Omnichannel customer support for multiple clients.
  • The benefit of having ways to defer call volume like KBs and chat help reduces cost.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• With add-ins, customer portal, custom apps, and APIs, there isn't much you can't do.
  • The ability to use chat and an ever-evolving knowledge base allows us to reduce the cost per contact.

What needs improvement?

• Social: The forums and cloud monitor are a bit clunky and frequently run into issues. The solution of upgrading to their SRM software does iron out much of the cloud monitor hangups, but the forums still feel like they are out of date.
  • Billable session: If you have a large customer base hitting your knowledge base articles, the billable sessions can get expensive very quickly.

More than five years.

If you have a problem, you will always be able to get in touch with someone that can help. The support is top notch. They also are great at using client input to see where they can improve the product.

I have used other CRMs like SFDC, but this is by far my favorite and go-to solution for almost all applications.

In-house.

Reduced cost of contact and reduced overhead.

Thomas Oates
Manager at a tech vendor with self employed
It provides faster turnaround times

What is our primary use case?

Knowledge management (KM) Call center Customer outreach and transactional processes We are also starting to use OPA to build online interviews.

How has it helped my organization?

It has provided a faster turnaround time. We were able to automate a number of transactional tasks and return that extra time to taking care of customers.

What is most valuable?

Incident management Workflow for transactions KM for general knowledge The partnership we gained with Oracle has increased our rate of success.

What needs improvement?

We built some custom code to make a few functions easier. Oracle needs to look at what the customers do and integrate them into the product.

More than five years.

What is our primary use case?

• Knowledge management (KM)
  • Call center
  • Customer outreach and transactional processes

We are also starting to use OPA to build online interviews.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• Incident management
  • Workflow for transactions
  • KM for general knowledge

The partnership we gained with Oracle has increased our rate of success.

it_user622386
Project Coordinator at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Included reports and the ability to customize are valuable features.

What is most valuable?

• Integrated survey tools and reporting: wide selection of included reports and ability to customize

How has it helped my organization?

Logging all channel interaction in the same place gives us the ability to better determine FCR.

What needs improvement?

Ability to export records for archiving, or to query the DB directly.

I have used it for Three years.

We have encountered very few deployment issues. We have had two instances of incomplete or incorrect clones. These have been remedied by requesting that the clones be created again.

The data pod was initially overloaded, which caused issues with chat server stability, but a pod move fixed this.

We have not encountered any scalability issues; we are expanding its use to other divisions.

Customer service is very good. However, Oracle has been "restructuring" so we have had high turnover of Sales and CSMs on our account.

Technical support is very good, especially once you learn the right language to get your requests heard.

We previously used a different solution. We switched because we needed to be able to offer omni-channel support and integrated knowledge.

Initial setup was complex because we needed extensive integrations with an outside system. The admin setup is straightforward.

A vendor team implemented it, in coordination with in-house SMEs; 9+ out of 10 for the vendor.

• Channel migration
  • Improved loyalty for better CX
  • Integrated KPI reporting

We underestimated how many seats we would use, because more teams requested access.

What other advice do I have?

Being active on their forums is very helpful to innovating and problem solving.

Solution Director - Oracle CX at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
With workflows, only necessary ​data is exposed on the screens for agents to complete a ticket.

What is most valuable?

• Reporting
  • Knowledge-base
  • Incident management
  • Chat
  • Co-browse
  • Smart Assistant
  • Workflows

How has it helped my organization?

Utilizing workflows allows for providing the right screens for agents to complete on a ticket where only the necessary data is exposed and automation can be built into the workflow resulting in potential less clicks for agents.

What needs improvement?

When answer links are embedded within the ticket message threads, agents are taken to the customer portal; the development team should identify another option. Also, SMS should be built into the product without having to use a third-party application.

I have been using it since Nov 2009.

On a few occasions, we encountered deployment issues, but Oracle Service Cloud support was always able to provide a workaround if a bug/defect was identified.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

The Oracle Support team finds solutions; I would give them a 7 out of 10.

Technical support is an 8 out of 10.

We did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup currently is a bit complex, just due to the multiple locations to log in to determine where the instance is located.

We are a vendor.

Before choosing this product, we did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

This is an excellent product. The development team at Oracle is constantly creating new better versions. This product is an excellent application for customer service - dynamic knowledge management, ticket management, robust analytics and can be administered by a business analyst!!

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an Oracle Platinum Partner.
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The knowledge base allows non-technical users to create business content that becomes end-user facing.

What is most valuable?

The knowledge base: The ability for a non-technical user to create business content that becomes end-user facing has been the easiest item to allow customers to get their answers fast and still have access to business-published data. Because it requires a non-technical personal to publish, the time to market for the content is rapid, and the end-users are able to see immediately any quick answers they may be searching for.

The routing of incidents/cases: The tool provides a very robust routing tool that a manager-level person can adjust at will based on the changing service needs. Because cases/incidents come from many sources, the tool has de-coupled the creation of the case and the routing of the case to the proper person/group. Depending on business, it is easy to route based on product line and translate to skill set the agents have who work the cases/incidents.

I started using this solution back in 2006/2007.  At that time, I was a help desk agent, and used it to communicate with all my end users and track the problems they encountered with technology.

The biggest deployment concern I run into is that the primary agent console requires a combination of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Windows, and .NET.

After seeing the tools' capabilities, it is visible why the requirements are as they are. You have an app that has the potential to be "customized", if you choose to.  And most of us eventually choose to customize the app and enjoy the benefits of integrated ERPs, transactional tracing, etc...

It should be noted the future of the product is removing these requirements.

This product is one of the more stable cloud products I have come across on the cloud. Maintenance windows are scheduled; however, they rarely take the site down for more than 30 seconds in a 180-day period. The few major outages I did encounter were resolved in about 5 minutes and full communication was shared with me and the other stakeholders from the Oracle team as issues occurred.

The few gotchyas in the initial setup are fairly easy to work thru with an experienced implementer who has encountered the problem.

When I initially set this up as a customer I had previously learned that you can build big complex lists and choices for users to select from. However, users get overwhelmed and end up choosing "other" just to allow the screen to move forward. Lesson learned: Keep it simple.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a partner with Oracle that specializes in implementing the product for many different organizations.
Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Provides a complete view of end users though all channels and base marketing.

What is most valuable?

I originally started using RightNow as an email management and knowledge management system, though the true value is providing a 360-degree view of the end users though all channels and base marketing.

How has it helped my organization?

When I initially started using it, it was for a travel company at the same time as bad weather closed the major airports in the south of England. Instead of a spike in calls and AHT, the call levels were consistent with trends, as the accurate and up-to-date info on the knowledge base deflected the calls.

I have been working with OSvC since 2004 and in that
time, I have submitted several enhancement requests (Ideas Lab), of
functionality that was severely lacking and would seem logical for the
use of Service cloud.

Some of the examples are with the Knowledgebase which is what the
Original RightNow was designed for, though a lot of the enhancement
requests and now being developed as a part of the Knowledge Advanced
proposition, which is sold in addition to the OSvC functionality.

Other examples of enhancements are like the "Currency" and "Hierarchy
Menu/MultiSelect Menu" as Custom Fields which have not been developed (I
personally submitted an Ideas Lab request for the currency back in 2007)

The AUP program is an excellent idea and is in line with the cloud
pricing/subscription models in the market place though it is more the
content of the upgrades that need improvement.

What needs improvement?

Upgrade and development process: There are some aspects which have been requested for years but are slow to take into the development path (or are included in an "Advanced" version of the system).

I have been using Service Cloud and RightNow since 2002.

As with all system upgrades, there have been a couple of bugs, but never a major issue.

There have been a couple of very minor outages which are proactively managed. I have never had a complete system outage.

We have not encountered any scalability issues. I have used this from a small implementation of 5 users to a full-blown implementation across 11 countries.

Customer service is very good.

Technical support is very good.

In the past, I have used KANA (pre-2002) & CosmoCall.

The initial setup was a bit complex, not due to the system but down to the business. Other implementations I have worked on have been very efficient and simple.

Initial implementation was with the assistance of RightNow. For subsequent implementations, I was an Oracle Partner implementing the solutions for clients.

ROI is unmeasured.

Named-user licences are cheaper, though a concurrent licence will be more appropriate if you have a large number of users who log in on a shift pattern or infrequently.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: The company I work for is a digital solutions consultancy, specialist in implementing these types of platforms, and has been partnering with Oracle (as well as other vendors) for many years.
Director, Solutions Consulting at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Knowledge Foundation and Advanced incorporate NLP technology.

What is most valuable?

Pretty much the entire suite is valuable. The Knowledge Foundation and Advanced are best in breed with NLP technology. Proactive chat and customer portal are also extremely valuable to any service organization.

How has it helped my organization?

Our managed services group uses it to support our customers enabling us to maintain SLAs and surpass them. Scheduled Analytics reports help us to make sure we are staffed correctly based on trending volume of incidents.

What needs improvement?

The agent browser UI is quickly scaling, so I will be very excited when I can recommend it to everyone. Other areas where I'd love to see enhancements are outreach, feedback and business rules. I have heard there are some changes in the works though.

Regarding business rules the UI and the way you construct them has not changed in many years. This part of the administration is not as intuitive of some of the other areas. The Outreach piece which controls the Service Marketing activities has not had any new features in some time but this is likely because the tool is not meant for mature marketing organizations in that respect. A solution like Oracle Marketing Cloud (Eloqua ) would be a better suited for pure Marketing type activities.

It feels like only yesterday, but it's been about a decade.

We have not encountered any deployment issues in recent versions. Any issues we experienced were several years ago

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues; this is an enterprise application.

Customer service is fair. I have seen improvements in response time over the past year. Customer success managers are a valuable asset that can be leveraged if you do need assistance navigating the customer support landscape.

Many of the technicians have a deep level of knowledge.

Initial setup was straightforward and implementation can be done in weeks vs years.

Make sure you know what you are licensed for and take advantage of all the features and functionality available with your license.

Guest Insight Analyst & Oracle Service Cloud CX Administrator at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We use it for incident management and FAQs.

What is most valuable?

Well, all of the features are pretty great. We use it for incident management and FAQs. These are the features that are valuable to us.

How has it helped my organization?

We have streamlined our email process and allowed customer self-service to reduce phone calls.

What needs improvement?

Support is an area with room for improvement.

I have used it for eight years.

Unfortunately, there are times when it goes down, but we have never had an outage that has impacted us significantly.

Customer Service: My…

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Support is an area with room for improvement.

I have used it for eight years.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

My customer service team that I work with is great.

This one is tricky. Their tech support does need improvement, mostly around how long it takes to fix an issue.

Head of Solutions Delivery UK at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The chat and skill-based routing features are a couple of the most valuable features.

What is most valuable?

• Web customer portal
  • Knowledge base
  • Incident and activity management
  • Contact and organisation management
  • Chat and skill-based routing
  • Incident routing and escalation
  • Outreach (mailshots) and feedback (surveys)

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed management, operations, service, sales and marketing to have a full view of the customer base, and a single platform to manage all customer engagement activities.

What needs improvement?

• Release and environment management

I have used it for five years.

We have not encountered any deployment issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer support is excellent with the dedicated Oracle Service Cloud portal, knowledge base and support lines.

Technical support is excellent.

We did not previously use a different solution. Oracle RightNow is the only solution in the market that offers a true omni-channel experience and a native joined-up approach between service, sales, marketing.

Initial setup was straightforward. The out-of-the-box functionality and features are very well aligned with reality, making it easier to accelerate deployments

An in-house team implemented it.

We haven't measured ROI yet.

If you have sporadic users - i.e., not everyone is going to access it all day - go for "non-contact centre users", which are much cheaper.

Before choosing this product, we evaluated:

• Oracle Sales Cloud
  • Sage SalesLogix
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: The company I work for is a CRM/CX/BI consultancy, specialist in implementing these types of platforms, and has been partnering with Oracle (as well as other vendors) for many years.
Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Testimonial Review of Oracle RightNow CX

What is most valuable?

Basically, it is a suite built for providing services; the ability to connect to the customers is a highlight here by making use of all communication modes. A meaningful interaction with the customer in order to gather the utmost possible information to provide better solution makes the difference here.

Features including Chat, Co-Browse, SLA, Social Monitor, Knowledge Base, Smart Assistant, etc., are found most valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

67% of consumers turn to a company's social media site for customer service. Social Monitoring does a perfect job here (by social media integration with Oracle RightNow).

What needs improvement?

• Customization of the client's branding establishment instead of the default Oracle brand signs (example: logo in the login Screen)

I have used it for six months.

We have had no issues with the deployment.

It is an absolutely stable product with no issues.

It is definitely a scalable product.

Customer service is 9/10.

Technical support is 9/10.

This is my first experience working with a cloud CRM tool like Oracle RightNow.

Initial setup was completely straightforward. Required interface- and site-level modifications can be done easily in the cloud portal with the help of Configuration Assistant.

Customers who enjoy a great customer experience actually pay 30% more on average for that experience. Great knowledge gathering and continuous requests to provide prolonged service are the ROI.

What other advice do I have?

The customer journey surrounds three experiences: "The Web Experience", "The Contact Centre Experience" and "The Social Experience". Oracle RightNow has given equal importance to these three, which overwhelmingly satisfies the customer.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're CX Admins. Oracle Partners.
DeliveryMgr479
Director - Emerging Technologies at Speridian Technologies
Reseller
It's meant for services. It was built with a base of providing services to the customers by providing knowledge-base articles and not just through a phone channel. It's more of an omni-channel suite.

Valuable Features

One of the good features about this product is, like many other cloud technologies, this product is meant for services. It was built with a base of providing services to the customers by providing knowledge-base articles and not just through a phone channel. It's more of an omni-channel suite.

I've worked with a lot of customers with whom I've worked with these product and also with other service cloud products and it takes a lot of other products into the market. But I've seen customers being more happy when they get whatever they're looking for in terms of customer satisfaction by reaching out to the market on a quick deploy.

If they want to increase their agents count in terms of scalability or in terms of integration or extending the product features, making new innovative edits and all that, it brings these features home to the customer easily.

Room for Improvement

The product build works well when it comes to implementations and mass communications and media, but there's a lot of improvement needed for the B2B market. In the B2C market it works very well and in the B2B market it works well, but B2B requires more customization. There's area for improvement when you want to serve the B2B market.

Use of Solution

I've worked with it for almost eight years.

We've had no issues with deployment.

It's definitely a very stable product. I work with customers who have more than 1,000 call center agents, so you can see how robust and stable this product is.

It's definitely scalable. We had a customer who initially rolled it out for just 5 users; they now have over 300 just by adding licenses.

They are knowledgeable in a certain way. They definitely are knowledgeable in terms of the product, but when it comes to implementing the product to a vertical industry, I think they lag a little behind on that. I don't expect them to be an expert in all the business areas because their job is to sell the product. Our job, people like me, is basically to implement for our customer and that's where non-Oracle expertise comes into the picture.

It's straightforward. Prior to working with Service Cloud, I'd seen implementation on other CRM product like Siebel or Clarify. Implementing a product like that involved huge investments for our organization. They had to have at least a couple of database administrators and then they had a couple of front end developers, couple of back end developers, and then they needed infrastructure. It was a huge investment when they wanted to build a CRM application or they wanted to migrate to another CRM application. In terms of the Oracle Service Cloud, some of our implementations have been completed in two weeks with just two developers.

There are small complexities involved in the setup when you want to add a lot of customized features specific to your industry vertical or you want to integrate with your back end application. In those scenarios, the implementation timeline increases, but still, if you compare to other implementations like Siebel or Clarify or any other CRMs, they take a lot of time. With those, implementation takes 7-8, but with the Oracle solution, it can take just a couple of weeks.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're resellers.