Oracle SuperCluster Overview

Oracle SuperCluster is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Converged Infrastructure tools. It is most often compared to Oracle Private Cloud Appliance: Oracle SuperCluster vs Oracle Private Cloud Appliance

What is Oracle SuperCluster?

Secure cloud infrastructure with the industry’s most advanced security, extreme performance, and a complete suite of efficiency enhancements, tools, and automation that work together to dramatically lower cost and complexity.

Oracle SuperCluster is also known as Oracle MiniCluster, S7-2, M7, M6-32.

Download the Converged Infrastructure Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Oracle SuperCluster Customers

Advania, Dimension Data, Atos, Etisilat Nigeria, HDFC, Specialized Bicycle Components, Uganda Revenue Authority, iQor, United Energy, Portic Barcelona, B Logistics, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, CSC, CNSI, REDISA

Oracle SuperCluster Video

NB
Oracle Supercluster Consultant at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Great performance and Technical support but cannot integrate with the newest version

• "The performance is significantly improved, and the administration is easy because it is a single platform end-to-end."
  • "If they had an application that centralized the administration, not about the monitoring, but for the configuration, it would be better."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
AF
IT Technology Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Reliable with good performance and good support, but it's restricted to Oracle

What is our primary use case?

We use it for our main Oracle Databases, which are for our business applications.

• "The two features that I find to be the most valuable are high availability and high performance."
  • "Unix is not as easy for the users, it needs more maintenance and costs extra."
  • "They may have made some improvements but based on the version that I am using, it is a little complicated because it is based on the Unix Operating system."

What other advice do I have?

It's a really good product. At this time, we are still using it and there are no plans to change it that I am aware of. It depends on the plans of the company and what they want to do in the next three to five years. I would rate Oracle SuperCluster a seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, IBM, Dell EMC and others in Converged Infrastructure. Updated: June 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.
FM
Systems Administrator at a government with 501-1,000 employees
Can be fast but we're not getting reliability or stability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for E-Business Suite applications, the applications for the government, and most of the applications that use an HCM.

• "Our primary use case is for E-Business Suite applications the applications for the government, and most of the applications that use an HCM."
  • "It's not working as we expected. We thought it would be fast and reliable but we are not getting the reliability. It's not stable."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone considering this solution is to do your homework before switching to this solution. Look at what the solution offers, look at the licensing because we might think that doing the Oracle SuperCluster would actually reduce the licensing. It is not like that. The staff should also know what kind of issues to expect so as to be able to actually work with them to be able to work with the SuperCluster. The staff should be trained to identify issues. I would rate SuperCluster a six out of ten.
SN
Service Support Specialist at PRASA
Widely used internal integrated system; very good scalability

What is our primary use case?

Our HR system uses this solution as do many of our staff. We currently have over 3,000 users within the company and the company has a total of 15,000 employees. We have a vendor that carries out the majority of our maintenance and one or two internal people also involved in maintenance. The solution is used on a daily basis in the company. We're customers of Oracle and I'm a service support specialist.

What is most valuable?

The scalability and the technical support that you get from Oracle are very valuable to us.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not very user friendly and that could be improved.

I've been using this solution for five years.

Product Categories
Converged Infrastructure
Download our free Converged Infrastructure Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, IBM, Dell EMC, and more!