Oracle Taleo Overview

Oracle Taleo is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Benefits Administration tools. It is most often compared to Workday: Oracle Taleo vs Workday

What is Oracle Taleo?
The Oracle Taleo Cloud Service enables enterprises and midsize businesses to recruit top performers with the right cloud talent skills, aligning them to key goals and performance while developing and compensating them appropriately. The industry's broadest cloud-based talent management platform, Oracle Taleo Cloud Service collects relevant information throughout the employee's entire lifecycle, empowering HR, managers, and employees to leverage their cloud talent to drive improved performance and business success.

Oracle Taleo is also known as Taleo, SonicRecruit.

Download the Benefits Administration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Oracle Taleo Customers
ICA Fluor, Monsanto Company, Hitachi Consulting, Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital, Kalpataru Ltd, DELL Inc., JSR Micro Inc., Skanska AB, Acciona, Baloise Group, Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, Logicalis Inc., Garmin International, Intuit Inc, The Dow Chemical Company
Oracle Taleo Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

DE
Career Advancement Specialist at Smart Solutions, Inc.
Even the most basic features were great

What is our primary use case?

I am a technical recruiter. I used this to track candidates when working for an IT staffing company.

How has it helped my organization?

We had no tracking system prior, so this was a huge improvement.

What is most valuable?

Since we had no system before (we just kept everything in Outlook), even the most basic features were great.

What needs improvement?

I don't remember a lot of CRM-type functionality for our salespeople.

Sent Sales Exec at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
The mobile interface enables us to use it from anywhere; expedites on-boarding

What is most valuable?

Mobile interface Ease of use

How has it helped my organization?

I think we have faster on-boarding time. It is mobile and you can use it anywhere. It's also more cost effective because it doesn't take as many people to do it. Employees can log in from where they're at.

What needs improvement?

The recruiting section needs work.

Sometimes there is a little bit of a lag, and maybe that was more because of our network. I haven't really had an issue with it from any device I was using. It's been pretty consistent.

I haven't had to open any tickets.

I didn't because this is what my company had.

What other advice

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Workday, IBM and others in Benefits Administration. Updated: April 2021.
501,151 professionals have used our research since 2012.
HCM Solution Consultant - Project Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The platform lets users access critical employee information and turn operations into quick and effortless processes with its modules.

What other advice do I have?

It is a really competitive solution in terms of technical features and user experience. Consider engaging an implementation partner if you can afford it. There are many companies that can help with experience and expertise. This is the Control Panel where you can access all the information and processes you manage by ROI.
Senior Manager, Oracle Applications Support at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
It works okay. Putting the requisitions through doesn't take long.
HCM Cloud Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Oracle Taleo Enterprise is a Human Resources tool that manages employees, align them to corporate objectives, and develop their skills. Manages selection processes of internal candidates and external.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good tool for HR processes, selection processes, assessments, succession planning, etc. Thanks to these modules, the work of human resources will be managed globally in a single tool with the possibility of implementation in different countries and languages.
LMS System Administrator and EMR Instructor at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Our employees are now able to electronically sign completion and reporting of their training, although it lacks archiving capabilities.

What other advice do I have?

I’d say overall it’s positive, if they shored up the support and service I think I’d be ranting and raving about this group. The only other thing, I’d say they are secretive about product enhancements, and I know they have this this product. They don’t want to talk about anything until they are sure. It’s difficult when they release new items as you have to learn them after they become live. If they just had more time to train us on the new features I’d be more inclined to use them when they came out. What ends up happening is a new feature comes out and two to three weeks later they may hold…
Education Resources Specialist with 51-200 employees
It allows us to run SCORM classes and over 400 SubLearnCenters without issue. I would like to see better support.

What other advice do I have?

Go beyond the demo. Make them show you how all of your scenarios will work in the system to make sure it really does what the sales team say it does.
Download our free Benefits Administration Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Workday, IBM, and more!
Quick Links