Oracle VM VirtualBox Reviews

industry
rating
QA Sales Engineer at a software R&D company with 51-200 employees
Dec 13 2016

What is most valuable?

I can manage the VirtualBox images. It's a VirtualBox. We work with both VMware and VirtualBox. Linux-wise, I go with the VirtualBox. I don't go with the VMware, because of the simplicity. Especially when you're using Oracle Linux, you are matching the products together. The manageability of the virtual images is much better. That's what I like.

What needs improvement?

If I could maybe have cloud images, that would be awesome. It's going to be hard to manage cloud with a cloud, or image with an image, but hey, if it can be done, we can do that, too. Why not? You have mobility, so you can use something. You can have a server with all of the VirtualBoxes there and the images there. For example, if you are managing an... more»
CEO and CTO
Nov 26 2017

What is most valuable?

The flexibility and the closed platform, so it allows you to run in multiple platforms, Windows, Linux, Macintosh.

How has it helped my organization?

Having the flexibility to have VirtualBox run on a local machine, or over on the cloud.

What needs improvement?

One of the things that we need, because with LeVAULT we control the authentication layer, and we support multiple factors for authentication - anywhere from four to 27 factors - and we allow you to be able to raise your key's devices, as keys... more»
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Microsoft, VMware and others in Server Virtualization Software.
290,996 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sr. Systems Engineer at a aerospace/defense firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 25 2017

What is most valuable?

One valuable feature would be for it to work right the first time but it doesn't necessarily do that. The shop that I'm in and the shops that I've been in, I've never been in a shop that was standardized on Virtual Box.

How has it helped my organization?

Everything, because we are the customer for database ... all our applications not only JDE, ERP or some third party applicants APK's also have the backend for Oracle. Because of the flexibility as well as performance wise and as well as data... more»

What needs improvement?

I think part of the reason is, is a lot of people do not trust Virtual Box because they think it's buggy. It seems to be a theme here. I got into it and it was buggy enough that I didn't want to continue using it.
Manager of Infrastructure at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Jul 30 2017

What do you think of Oracle VM VirtualBox?

Valuable Features Ease of use The configuration and installation is pretty straightforward. • Improvements to My Organization Enables us to provision virtual machines faster than before. • Room for Improvement No ideas come to mind. • Use of Solution I've used VirtualBox for around five years. • Deployment Issues The installation was straightforward. • Stability Issues No stability issues were experienced. • Scalability Issues No scalability issues were experienced. • Customer Service and Technical Support Customer Service: Support from Oracle in general is good. I would give customer service a rating of four out of five. Technical Support: Support from Oracle in general is good. I would give technical support a rating of four out of five. •...
Clinical Applications Specialist at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
Nov 06 2017

What do you think of Oracle VM VirtualBox?

Improvements to My Organization Desktop-based virtualization is a huge help in speeding product development. • Valuable Features VirtualBox provides an isolated, consistent environment I can use to experiment with software configurations or create developer sandboxes without affecting the consistency of my own work environment. • Room for Improvement It's not as robust as server platforms, nor does it need to be. • Stability Issues It works perfectly for the task. We've had no issues with instability. It's a solid open-source product. • Scalability Issues We have had no issues scaling it for our needs.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Oracle VM VirtualBox

290,996 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Oracle VM VirtualBox Questions

Oracle VM VirtualBox Projects By Members

Oracle VM VirtualBox Consultants

What is Oracle VM VirtualBox?

Oracle VM Virtualbox is a cross-platform virtualizer for x86 servers and desktops, and is also for embedded usage. With this product, you can run multiple operating systems on a single machine, all at the same time, making it a powerful tool to test, develop, demonstrate and deploy solutions.

Oracle VM Virtualbox is a professional solution that is also freely available as Open Source Software. It is for both enterprise and home use. This x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization software is high performing and rich in features.

Oracle VM Virtualbox currently runs on Windows, Linux, Solaris and Macintosh. It also supports many guest operating systems, such as Windows, DOX/Windows 3. Linux, OS/2, OpenBSD, Solaris and OpenSolaris.

For more information on Oracle VM VirtualBox, visit Oracle.com

Oracle VM VirtualBox customers

Airbus, Colorado State University, SCS Africa, Wolf Medical Systems.

BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Server Virtualization Software solution is right for you?

Download our free Server Virtualization Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Microsoft, VMware, and more!