Oracle WebCenter OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle WebCenter is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Customer Experience Management tools. It is most often compared to Oracle Content and Experience Cloud: Oracle WebCenter vs Oracle Content and Experience Cloud

What is Oracle WebCenter?

Oracle WebCenter is the center of engagement for business powering exceptional experiences for customers, partners, and employees. It connects people, processes, and information with the most complete portfolio of portal, content management, Web experience management, and collaboration technologies.

Oracle WebCenter is also known as WebCenter, FatWire.

Oracle WebCenter Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle WebCenter Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Oracle WebCenter Customers

Chhattisgarh Infotech and Biotech Promotion Society, Jagran Prakashan Ltd., Standard Forwarding LLC, United Automotive Electronic Systems Co. Ltd., INSO sistemi per le infrastrutture sociali S.p.A., Helsana Versicherungen AG, ArRiyadh Development Authority, John Lewis Partnership, Arqiva, SURUGADAI EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE, Portuguese Official Agriculture and Fisheries

Oracle WebCenter Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle WebCenter pricing:
  • "The price of this solution is considered to be high; however, when speaking with Oracle, it is possible to get discounts of up to sixty percent."

IfeanyiOjoh
Procurement and Supply Chain Consultant at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Has the ability to move workloads in between sub-servers but the backups should be faster

What is our primary use case?

We use this application to manage our computers in our data center. That is where most applications are hosted. We use this solution on-premises because we work for a financial service organization and we have some regulations that don't allow us to put our server on the cloud for now - for security reasons.

• "You can move workloads in between sub-servers so that you don't overload a portion of the server."
  • "The speed of the backup should be enhanced."

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice for people thinking about this solution, they need to do a very detailed requirement document. It is very important that they find a flow that suits their company, not just by looking at the brand. They should have a very deep dive into how their business is structured and how they can structure it. They should also have a look at their digital calculation journey, say five years from now instead of looking at just what works today. I think they should start looking at the scalability of the various industries they want to go into because the landscape changes in the next…
Head of Development and Implementation at a pharma/biotech company with 201-500 employees
Gives me easy access, connection and compatibility with all of the Oracle products

What is our primary use case?

Our main reason for using this solution is to manage documents. In my company, we have a lot of documents. We can search for these documents easily depending on content and title. I found the solution able to handle our large volume of documents and make them accessible. The product gave me a lot of options for storage and search.

• "A great solution for storing and searching large volumes of documents with easy access."
  • "Does not seem to be totally compatible with Windows 10 as of our current version."

What other advice do I have?

I love the solution. On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this product absolutely as a ten.
Learn what your peers think about Oracle WebCenter. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MA
Pre-Sales Manager / Engineer at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
Leaderboard
Supports diverse group of documents and integrates well with other products

What is our primary use case?

This solution is a document management system that is supported on a light business process management platform.

• "Oracle integrates well with other products to cover Big Data."
  • "This solution needs to support translation into the Arabic language."

What other advice do I have?

Every day, Oracle is acquiring new products or developing them with their own research and development team. Definitely, there is much development going on. My advice to anybody who is researching this solution is to first be sure about the product that they need. The second thing is to be sure about the roadmap that they want behind this product. Next, I suggest going with the best practices offered by Oracle because they are very well experienced in this field, and they offer it to help cut implementation time. I think that people should definitely go with cloud-based solutions such as…
Good integration capabilities and good security but needs to allow for easier template customization

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution as we use multiple Oracle products, and it's easy to integrate it in with the others.

• "Integration within the solution is very good."
  • "The solution should be offered in Persian. Right now, our version is in English, and there's a bit of a language barrier between the users and the product."

What other advice do I have?

Due to the sanctions within our country, we only have access to on-premises deployment models. The system is very customizable and we have plans to integrate it with our finance and inventory systems as well. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I believe the solution is one of the best tools in the world.
VC
System Analyst, Oracle ECM Team Leader at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Leaderboard
A stable solution that's extremely scalable and has good technical support

• "It's a very scalable solution and the performance is pretty good. The scalability, in my opinion, is the biggest advantage."
  • "There are many document management systems that offer pretty much the same functionalities but at a lower price. The product as such is pretty good. However, the pricing is not comparable. They need to adjust their pricing to be more competitive on the market."

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice I would give to others considering implementing the solution, I'd say if they have the Oracle stack, they should use the solution. If they have other technology stacks, I would search for solutions that offer a better price. The solution works great. Feature-wise, it's a very complete solution. I'd rate the solution overall eight out of ten, but if I was just rating it for price, I would rate it at about four or five out of ten, simply because I find it so expensive.