Oracle WebCenter OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle WebCenter is #2 ranked solution in top Customer Experience Management tools, #4 ranked solution in top Web Content Management tools, #4 ranked solution in top Corporate Portals, and #5 ranked solution in top Enterprise Content Management tools. IT Central Station users give Oracle WebCenter an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle WebCenter is most commonly compared to SharePoint:Oracle WebCenter vs SharePoint. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 45% of all views.
What is Oracle WebCenter?

Oracle WebCenter is the center of engagement for business powering exceptional experiences for customers, partners, and employees. It connects people, processes, and information with the most complete portfolio of portal, content management, Web experience management, and collaboration technologies.

Oracle WebCenter was previously known as WebCenter, FatWire.

Oracle WebCenter Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle WebCenter Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Oracle WebCenter Customers

Chhattisgarh Infotech and Biotech Promotion Society, Jagran Prakashan Ltd., Standard Forwarding LLC, United Automotive Electronic Systems Co. Ltd., INSO sistemi per le infrastrutture sociali S.p.A., Helsana Versicherungen AG, ArRiyadh Development Authority, John Lewis Partnership, Arqiva, SURUGADAI EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE, Portuguese Official Agriculture and Fisheries

Oracle WebCenter Video

Oracle WebCenter Reviews

IfeanyiOjoh
Procurement and Supply Chain Consultant at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Has the ability to move workloads in between sub-servers but the backups should be faster

• "You can move workloads in between sub-servers so that you don't overload a portion of the server."
  • "The speed of the backup should be enhanced."

What is our primary use case?

We use this application to manage our computers in our data center. That is where most applications are hosted. We use this solution on-premises because we work for a financial service organization and we have some regulations that don't allow us to put our server on the cloud for now - for security reasons.

What is most valuable?

The feature I like most is the analytics part. You are able to see the workload you are on and it also allows you to partition. You can move workloads in between sub-servers so that you don't overload a portion of the server which causes it to shut down automatically. This is one of the key features that I find intriguing.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what needs to be improved, I would say the speed of the backup should be enhanced. When it takes too long for you to back up your application for your DR, disaster recovery site, it becomes a cumbersome job to do. They could enhance the bandwidth or something so that it is easier to do the backup at the end of every month or at the end of a cycle.

Additionally, it should have an automated configuration, it should be very scalable, and it should allow you to be able to monitor your deployments. It should also have an automated database and application backup that allows reporting from any point in time. Finally, it should be easy for you to migrate from on-prem to the cloud when the decision to move to the cloud is taken. I think those are the key things.

I've been using Oracle WebCenter since 2015.

We are using the most updated version. We obtained it in 2017. Because we have a subscription for the tech support that comes with upgrades, so when there is a new version we get upgraded to it automatically.

In terms of stability, once in a while, we encounter bugs. There is no perfect solution anywhere. What matters to us is the speed at which we get support. Yes, we have bugs. But when there are bugs and we raise a ticket, the speed at which this should be taken care of is what matters to us. So we have to subscribe to Oracle this year to be able to get that kind of software support, even if it is too expensive, and it is very expensive for us.

In terms of scalability, it is easy to scale. It's like a pillar that helps to build our site, our portal, and our content. I think it also allows for the improvement of our business agility. Plus, it's seamless.

Right now I think around 12 of our people are making use of Oracle WebCenter.

I am satisfied with the quality of the technical support. The only issue is the cost - it is very expensive. We pay for advanced Oracle customer support every year.

The initial setup was complex. I attribute that to a knowledge gap. Oracle could have taken more time to make sure that our people were trained before going into implementation mode. When you get to implementation mode and you don’t have sufficient knowledge of what you are doing, you tend to struggle to keep up, and that is how little things get forgotten.

For implementation, we made use of an integrator - the local Oracle partners in Nigeria.

Before going with Oracle WebCenter, we evaluated against IBM.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice for people thinking about this solution, they need to do a very detailed requirement document. It is very important that they find a flow that suits their company, not just by looking at the brand. They should have a very deep dive into how their business is structured and how they can structure it. They should also have a look at their digital calculation journey, say five years from now instead of looking at just what works today. I think they should start looking at the scalability of the various industries they want to go into because the landscape changes in the next five years like we have witnessed today. They need a product that can continue to grow with them, that will scale so that they don't start shopping for a new one after five years.

On a scale from 1 - 10, I give it a 7.

Head of Development and Implementation at a pharma/biotech company with 201-500 employees
Good integration capabilities and good security but needs to allow for easier template customization

• "Integration within the solution is very good."
  • "The solution should be offered in Persian. Right now, our version is in English, and there's a bit of a language barrier between the users and the product."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution as we use multiple Oracle products, and it's easy to integrate it in with the others.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a lot of features that are valuable. The security of it is very good.

Integration within the solution is very good.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful if Oracle could create some sort of facility to customize templates easily if users use JavaScript or other internal tools.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The stability of the solution is good. We haven't had any problems in two years. There hasn't been any crashes or anything of that nature.

The solution is completely scalable and one of the best Oracle tools in my opinion. You can change the requirements easily. We have about 1,500 users on the solution currently.

Unfortunately, due to sanctions in Iran, we can't access technical support.

We did use SharePoint many years ago and have since switched over to Oracle. As we use many Oracle products, it was easy to integrate it into everything.

In our company we use clustering, so the setup is very, very complex. We need to use the WebLogic sharing application server. I do have fairly good experience using the solution, so I'm able to manage it fine.

We use the tool for free in our country; the licensing policy is not accessible in Iran.

What other advice do I have?

Due to the sanctions within our country, we only have access to on-premises deployment models.

The system is very customizable and we have plans to integrate it with our finance and inventory systems as well.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I believe the solution is one of the best tools in the world.