PageUp People OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is PageUp People?
SaaS tool that assists organizations in recruitment and on-boarding, performance management, leadership development, and succession planning.

Download the Talent Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

PageUp People Customers
MYER, Target, coles, Fujitsu, Michael Hill
PageUp People Video

Archived PageUp People Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user588585
Recruitment Manager at a healthcare company
The reporting functionality measures staff KPIs, sourcing, TTF, and recruitment performance.

What is most valuable?

• Excellent user experience
  • Very fresh looking
  • Easy to navigate around the site
  • Exceptional reporting capability and functionality:
    • Can easily measure staff KPIs
    • Sourcing
    • TTF
    • Recruitment performance
  • Online letter of offer
  • Capturing of HR paperwork (i.e.: tax dec, Super, etc.)
  • Talent pooling – the ability to flag candidates and build a strong talent pool and it’s search capability.

How has it helped my organization?

It had reduced time significantly for the on-boarding of new employees.

What needs improvement?

The on-boarding process, with specific relation to the provisioning process, isn’t set up as well as other competitors, such as RedCarpet (SilkRoad).

Price can also be a bit of an issue. I think that as we move into a different economic climate, PageUp needs to try and remain competitive with their pricing. Products like Mercury (which we currently use) are starting to offer a very competitive product.

I have been using PageUp since 2006.

We have not had any stability issues.

We have not had any scalability issues.

The product is very good and didn’t require a lot of support.

At a previous company, we used Springboard and we converted to PageUp.

At another company, we used a very old version of FastrackHR and then converted to PageUp.

Setup was quite easy, as I had used PageUp for about seven years at a previous company and so was very familiar with the product.

The pricing is scaled around business size. PageUp is good at coming to the party if there are some challenges around your budget.

When at a previous company, I did a competitive process against SAP (SuccessFactors), PageUp, and PeopleStreme.

At another company, I just went directly with PageUp as I was really happy with the product, having already used it for seven years.

What other advice do I have?

I have recommended PageUp to a lot of my networks due to the fact that it is one of the best systems on the market in terms of functionality, support, and reporting capability.

it_user597597
Recruiter at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
There is assistance through the chat section and I get a reply straightaway.

What is most valuable?

Most of features in PageUp are very useful. I prefer how there is assistance through the PageUp chat section and how I get a reply straightaway, which is very important and effective. Everyone at PageUp is helpful.

How has it helped my organization?

It has eliminated the need for paper-based applications and candidate profiles. It’s also effective to create candidate pools and track the progress of applications.

What needs improvement?

There are sometimes problems when loading the system; it can be very slow. Also, the advertising section in the original job card section, cannot be selected.

I have used this solution at Yarra Trams and Transdev over a period of two years.

We did not encounter any deployment, stability or scalability issues.

The customer service is great and the technical support is good.

This product was already selected before I started working at this organization and I have heard great reviews of it.

I wasn’t involved in the initial setup process.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great product and I will highly recommend it.

Find out what your peers are saying about PageUp People, SAP, Oracle and others in Talent Management. Updated: October 2021.
542,823 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user594666
Senior Advisor, Recruitment at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Candidate management supports the process from the application stage through offer, onboarding, learning and performance management.

What is most valuable?

Candidate management: It’s a one-stop shop from the application stage, right through to offer and onboarding, learning and performance management.

How has it helped my organization?

• Reduction in time to fill positions
  • Cost savings
  • Better overall candidate experience
  • And more

What needs improvement?

Reporting could be improved. Some changes were made to functionality a year or two ago, and whilst there have certainly been some improvements in some areas (in terms of the dashboard view, for example), we have experienced some difficulty in trying to automate some fairly standard reports to be sent out to our hiring areas regarding current recruitment in their respective areas.

I have been using PageUp since February 2008.

We have not had any issues with stability.

We have not had any issues with scalability.

24/7 support is available via telephone, email or chat. 95% of issues are able to be dealt with successfully by 1st level support.

We used parts of SAP simply to track applications only.

Setup was relatively straightforward. Good project management, both at their end and ours, was required to ensure that timelines for implementation were achievable.

It’s probably comparable to similar products on the market.

It was a long time ago. However, I do recall Taleo was one other product we looked at and we went with PageUp because the support was local to us in Melbourne, amongst other factors.

What other advice do I have?

It is a reliable, simple to use, end-to-end system for employee lifecycle management. It generally integrates well with other systems, such as SAP, etc.

it_user589374
General Manager Learning And Hr Services at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees
It links to major job boards and vacancies websites. Employee records are automatically created once they are in the payroll system.

What is most valuable?

Most valuable features:

• Integration of all HR-related systems and processes (primary benefit)
  • Interfaces with our payroll system so employee records are automatically created once they are in our payroll system (this was a custom development)
  • A learning management system that is fully accessible to all employees (allowing ownership of their own learning) and is linked to their performance plans
  • A recruitment system which manages large volumes of candidates and is linked to major job boards and vacancies websites making advertising of vacancies much easier.

How has it helped my organization?

PageUp has allowed us to integrate all HR systems and manage all processes associated with the employee lifecycle from recruitment through to managing performance, learning and development; also where applicable, departures from the organisation processes.

What needs improvement?

The PageUp system could be improved if it could manage independent contractors. In our sector, contractors include all people engaged by the business for project or site work who are NOT on our Payroll system; they are not technically employees.

Currently, our organization utilizes a separate software package to manage Contractor on boarding, inductions, and training. This represents significant additional financial outlay for the second system.

Most induction and training records are automatically stored in the learning management component of PageUp once the user has commenced or completed any learning content.

However, in some instances, parts of our business may develop and implement learning activities outside of the PageUp system and they may have several hundred participants in these activities. This makes manual data entry of the records very onerous.

The PageUp system could be improved through the addition of functionality where batch uploads can be conducted. Batch uploading of many hundreds of records would save considerable time and resources.

This product could be improved if it could manage contractors. That is, people who are not directly employed by your organization.

Also, if training records could be uploaded in batches (as opposed to users creating their own development records) when required, this would be an improvement.

Recruitment and onboarding module – 11 years

Performance Management module – 3 years

Talent Management and succession modules – 3 years

Learning Management module – 1.5 years

Initially, we experienced issues with the stability of the learning management module as we migrated 50,000+ existing training records from our old system. This created issues with the back end of the system and necessitated a rewrite of the code for the records database. This took several weeks and we had already gone live.

Other aspects of the system were OK.

The system has coped well with an increase in employee numbers and site locations following our acquisition of another major company.

Technical support is very good. We have a dedicated Technical Account Manager (TAM) who understands our business.

Recruitment and onboarding – We previously had a largely manual system in place which became impractical as our business grew (hence the move to PageUp).

Performance management – We previously had a bespoke system in place which was not integrated with our other HR systems and became cumbersome as staff numbers grew (hence the move to PageUp).

Talent management and succession planning – We previously had some bespoke automation coupled with manual processes which we quickly outgrew (hence the move to PageUp).

Learning management – We previously had a learning management system (LMS) in place through e3Learning (a vendor) but this was not integrated with other HR systems and offered little autonomy for the end user. It was therefore difficult to promote the value of employees “owning” their development activity (hence the move to PageUp).

Some aspects of the initial setup were quite complicated, but this was unavoidable. I refer here to the creation and upload of many hundreds of competencies, which underpin the learning management system. Otherwise, it was as one would expect.

The PageUp solution is not the cheapest on the market, but the product is very good. The technical support received is of high quality and worth the cost alone. As with any licensing arrangement, I’d suggest you are clear about the volume of employees likely to use the system at the onset and there will be no surprises with additional costs.

We explored a different learning management system with e3Learning (whom we already used) and this was found to be inadequate for our needs. We also assessed some bespoke, custom-built solutions, but the cost and ongoing development of those systems was prohibitive.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure the pre-sales guys at PageUp provide all the answers to your questions and clarify with them any specific needs you may have, so as to avoid additional development charges. Also, allow your organisation enough time to implement the system appropriately. Our organisation (through necessity) hurried the implementation of one of the PageUp modules and this created a lot of unnecessary pressure for all parties.

it_user591858
Assistant Director, Senior Hris Analyst at a government
Initial setup was straightforward. Technical support from the helpdesk was great.

What is most valuable?

• Recruitment/onboarding modules
  • Ease of use
  • Configurability

How has it helped my organization?

At my previous organization, the “approval-to-recruit” process was paper-based and used to take approximately 4-6 weeks. Once automated through the system, the approval timeframe decreased to two days.

What needs improvement?

PageUps strongest module is the recruitment module, they are definitely leaders in this area. Their compensation and performance modules are not as strong as their Recruitment module.

I do believe that there are other vendors on the market who may indeed offer better performing modules (perf & comp), but the drawback of these other vendors is that generally their offerings are not on the same code base (platform) and are different solutions that they have purchased and then mashed together to create a Talent Suite offering.

PageUp has been placing a great deal of emphasis on improving their Performance module, by increasing the functionality available.

I have used PageUp for more than seven years.

Technical support from the helpdesk was great: 4/5. With the existing account management structure, you generally have a Technical Account Manager and they can be quite helpful. Personally, I believe that they could be more proactive in assuring that, as a client, you are getting the best ROI possible.

A different solution was in place. We switched due to changes in the market and PageUp offered more functionality at a better price point. Additionally, the account management structure and support more aligned to our organisational needs.

The initial setup was straightforward. Working with the technical implementation expert and project manager was a smooth process. My suggestion, to anyone implementing a solution, would be to ensure you have enough face-to-face days on site with the vendor written into your contract.

Do your market research and get quotes from a variety of vendors. This will enable you to negotiate the best price.

Other solutions looked at were NGA and Taleo.

What other advice do I have?

Again, market research has product demos, so you have a clear picture of what functionality is available. This will enable you to create a clear picture of what you are looking for from a system; what functionality is a must and what is a nice to have.

it_user591870
Senior Programme Officer Digital Health at a government with 10,001+ employees
I could search for and select the large numbers of candidates I needed to contact and then send one email to all of them. The ability to pull reports was limited for us.

What is most valuable?

I used the solution for bulk recruitment activities, so I personally really liked the ability to set up events, email large groups of candidates, and search based on application question responses. It allowed me to find information quickly with thousands of candidates, or set up assessment centres and send one email instead of hundreds.

The recruitment campaign I dealt with could have up to 3000 applicants at one time. The process had a number of steps, and often you’d need to move hundreds of applicants from one status to another and send invitation emails with instructions on the next step in the process. I liked that I could easily search for and select the large numbers of candidates I needed to contact and then send one email to all of them seamlessly. We also had some processes set up as “events” in the PageUp system; this is referring to the Physical Aptitude Tests and Assessment Centre days. I could easily set those up as events in PageUp and then invite the candidates to select their time slot. I loved that function. It made it SO much easier to work out the logistics of those days, and allowing candidates to book their own time slot was a lifesaver as it would have been a nightmare trying to do it for them.

How has it helped my organization?

I think it allowed a reasonably high ease-of-use for the bulk recruitment programs.

What needs improvement?

The ability to pull reports was limited for us. I’m not certain if this was because we weren’t paying for certain functions, or because the ability wasn’t there in the system.

The recruitment program I managed was the largest in the organisation in terms of applicant numbers. There were also a number of steps in the recruitment process, such as a physical assessment or an online test. Once candidates were moved out of certain “statuses”, e.g., from “Invited to Physical Assessment” to “Did Not Pass Physical”, it was very difficult to go back and pull reports for each stage of the process. At one point, we were doing a gender diversity recruitment initiative and I was asked to go back through the system and pull reports for previous recruitment campaigns. I found that after manipulating the system on my own and asking for technical support, the reporting function I needed specifically wasn’t really there. I’m not sure if there are added reporting functions you can purchase that we simply didn’t have, or if this is a limitation of the system. I had to go back and do a lot of manual counting of applicant #’s in order to give me the statistics I wanted.

Regarding the bulk recruitment activities in PageUp, you could only communicate with up to 500 candidates at one time. If you attempted to select more than 500 candidates, the system would freeze. For example, I often had to send online testing instructions to thousands of applicants. We figured this out fairly early and managed around it, but for someone who perhaps is using it for the first time and didn’t realise, this could be frustrating.

I used the solution for 3.5 years.

At times, the system could be slow, but again, this may not be the solution’s fault as our operating system was fairly outdated.

I’m not sure if we encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support was strong. I would give it an 4/5. I never waited long and generally was able to get support each time I needed it.

I was not involved in the setup or purchase of the system.

it_user593427
Assistant Manager Recruitment at a government
We are able to configure it to meet our needs. The vendor is not as flexible as we would like or expect.

What is most valuable?

A positive aspect of the system is that we are able to configure it to meet our needs. However, this is limited by the constraints of the system. That is, we cannot configure it to meet our requirements completely.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides a centralised repository of information for various HR functions.

What needs improvement?

In our experience, PageUp has not been as flexible as we would like or expect as a vendor. For example, when we experience limitations in functionality, there hasn’t been a willingness to explore options or make enhancements to cater to our requests.

I have been using PageUp for 10 months.

We have not had any stability issues.

We have not had any scalability issues.

Technical support is poor.

We used the NGA eRecruitment solution for recruitment. We didn’t look at any other system for other functions.

Initial setup was complex. It’s not as flexible as we initially thought.

What other advice do I have?

Be aware of restrictions on configurability.

it_user593433
Senior People Systems Administrator at a non-tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It has a user-friendly interface in managing job requisitions for the end user​.

What is most valuable?

It has a user-friendly interface in managing job requisitions for the end user.

Another valuable feature is the online PageUp guy to whom we can always ask in regards to configuration matters.

How has it helped my organization?

It mainly adjusted with the features and flows, thus adapting to the needs of our organization.

What needs improvement?

Maybe there is a need to improve the interface so that we will be able to easily search for modules in regards to the system fix.The improvement is more of to have an easy search on where we would want to add fields or configure enhancement on the system.

I have been using this solution for almost two years.

We have had no stability issues as such.

We have not encountered any scalability issues so far.

I would rate the technical support 100/100.

I am a new employee in this company, but I think it is always for the good as to why we need to change or improve our systems.

The initial setup was straightforward for the end user.

It may be complex as a system administrator because we will need to configure everything in accordance to the demand of the organization.

I am not aware of other competing products.

What other advice do I have?

This system is a good one which you can use relatively for managing requisitions and for the hiring process in your company.

it_user591849
Workday HCM Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The automated letter generation and the reporting tool are valuable. I would like the user to be able to remove historical data on an ad-hoc basis when required.

What is most valuable?

The automated letter generation is a great factor in this product.

How has it helped my organization?

The automated letter generation was not available at the beginning. That functionality improved business resource time. It also limited user errors, which are caused when doing manual intervention in the creation of letters. The reporting tool is also quite good.

What needs improvement?

The automated removal of historical data would be great if the user could remove it on an ad-hoc basis when required.

I have been working as the systems administrator on the product for four years.

There were no stability issues.

There have been no scalability issues. Our company imported 7500 user accounts twice a day and we rarely have issues.

If I could, I would rate their technical support with an 11 out of 10. I have never encountered the high level of support from any other vendor in my career. They are outstanding.

From what the market currently has available, this is money well spent.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a product with great support, recruitment functionality, ease-of-use, and reliability, this is a great product.

it_user589371
Recruitment Advisor at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We use it for planning workforce reports and for knowing where I am with my candidates.

What is most valuable?

This product is user-friendly and great for reporting purposes. We use it for reporting in terms of planning the workforce and also for knowing where I am with my candidates at a glance.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps to report to the management. Thus, it allows easier and accurate workforce planning according to the project manning schedules.

What needs improvement?

In the Boolean search functions, I would like to be able to search CVs in regards to the skills using the AND/OR functions as well as keywords.

I am using this solution for approximately two years.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

What do I think about the scalability

What is most valuable?

This product is user-friendly and great for reporting purposes.

What needs improvement?

I am using this solution for approximately two years.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

The technical support is very good. I never really had to ask for assistance as a recruiter. The initial training which was provided when we started using this product was great.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was easy to use the database with no complexity.

Product Categories
Talent Management
Download our free Talent Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about PageUp People, SAP, Oracle, and more!