Schedule a 30-minute demo or reference call with a real user from the PeerSpot community. Available only to members that are in a buying process for this product and have contributed a review that's then published.

Palantir Foundry OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Palantir Foundry is #1 ranked solution in top Supply Chain Analytics tools, #1 ranked solution in top Data Migration Appliances, #1 ranked solution in top Data Management Platforms, #1 ranked solution in top Data and Analytics Service Providers, #4 ranked solution in top IT Operations Analytics tools, #7 ranked solution in top Cloud Data Integration tools, and #16 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. IT Central Station users give Palantir Foundry an average rating of 8 out of 10. Palantir Foundry is most commonly compared to Azure Data Factory:Palantir Foundry vs Azure Data Factory. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
What is Palantir Foundry?

At Palantir, we're helping the world's most important institutions use their data to solve their most urgent problems. Our software lets our customers integrate and analyze all of their data so they can answer questions that they couldn't before. From delivering disaster relief to building safer automobiles, we're honored to help make our partners better at their most important work.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Palantir Foundry Customers
Merck KGaA, Airbus, Ferrari,United States Intelligence Community, United States Department of Defense
Palantir Foundry Video

Palantir Foundry Reviews

PZ
Associate - Inhouse Consulting at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly, good automation, and allows you to do a better job of data governance

• "The interface is really user-friendly."
  • "They do not have a data center in Europe, and we have lots of personally identifiable information in our dataset that needs to be hosted by a third-party data center like Amazon or Microsoft Azure."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for everything, including sales. One of our use cases is performing machine learning to gives us an understanding of customer behavior, and which message should be used to target different customers.

What is most valuable?

The interface is really user-friendly.

This product allows you to do a better data governance job. For example, it will show you data along with information that explains what it is about and what columns it comes from. It will also allow you to give row-level access to different people, which is important in a corporate setting because restricting access to certain datasets is important.

The built-in automation makes tasks easier.

This solution allows you to do an extensive analysis that cannot be done on a personal computer, or even an on-premises server because of the computational effort that is required. It is enormous.

What needs improvement?

There are some issues with scalability because when we are using a really large dataset, the system is rather slow.

The performance can be improved. It would make our life a lot easier if it were as fast as Google Cloud. The GCP is unmatchable in terms of the speed at the moment.

From a user perspective, it would be nice to have a preview of what the data is looking like. As it is now, you can see the schema but not the actual data. For example, they can see the different columns but they don't know what's there. If they could inspect the first few hundred columns of data then they would have an idea of what they are dealing with.

I have been using Palantir Foundry for the past two years.

This solution is scalable to an extent. Because we have to rely on different cloud providers, the performance when scaling depends on your negotiations with the providers. If there is enough bandwidth then it works fine but if not, it tends to get quite slow at times.

Technical support is okay.

What other advice do I have?

WH
Sr. Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Works seamlessly with good en-to-end capabilities and the capability to scale

• "The solution offers very good end-to-end capabilities."
  • "The workflow could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used more for the analytics available on the platform.

The main use was for a COVID-19 White House initiative that was handled by the Vice President, Michael Pence.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very good end-to-end capabilities.

It works very seamlessly. Behind the scenes, the workflow is pretty decent.

The stability is good.

The product can scale.

Technical support is very good.

What needs improvement?

The workflow could be improved. Although it works rather seamlessly, the workflow too complicated sometimes. Maybe they can reduce the complexity of the workflow. It could be more modularized in the future.

The performance of the engine could be better.

I've been using the solution for three years or so.

The solution is pretty stable. There are no bugs or glitches. However, the performance could be a bit better.

The solution can scale well. If a company needs to expand, it can do so pretty easily.

The solution has pretty good technical support. They are helpful and responsive and we have been satisfied with their services so far.

As implementors, we can deploy the solution for our clients. We don't need the assistance of consultants.

What other advice do I have?

We're implementors.

There are still place the solution can have room to improve, we've been mostly quite happy with it. I would rate the product at a nine out of ten.

I'd advise a company considering the solution gets a technical consultant for the platform. They also have sales training on their website. The modules range from simple to complex. You can do some pretty good self-training with your team if you need to.