JE
Regional Manager, Management Information Systems at a wellness & fitness company with 501-1,000 employees
Provides great centralized management which saves us time

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to manage the several Palo Alto firewalls we have. We are customers of Palo Alto and I'm an information systems and security manager.

What is most valuable?

I think the centralized management is a valuable feature because you can set corporate wide policies and push it out to all the firewalls without touching each one.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see improvement in the speed and reliability of the solution. They're the two things most important to me right now.

I've been using the solution for the past 18 months.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for the past 18 months.

The solution always runs but the problems we have occur when we make changes. Sometimes the results are not what we expected. Sometimes you make changes in the software and then you push it to the firewalls. Theoretically, you should be able to make the changes and push at the same time but we have found that we have to save them first and then push. After that it usually works. That process could be simplified. We have two people using the solution.

I can't speak to the scalability of the solution.

We hired a consultant for the initial setup. None of our staff are firewall engineers. We're more like firewall administrators and our environment is quite complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

JM
Network Engineer at a educational organization with 1,001-5,000 employees
Records go back to 30 days, user-friendly interface, and great support

What is our primary use case?

We have M-100 Panorama, and we also have two from the 5000 series. They record all the traffic that goes through the two firewalls. We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is great that the records go back to 30 days.  Palo Alto's user interface is much more user-friendly than other platforms.

What needs improvement?

There were a few bugs a couple of years into it. There was a big bug where it had trouble communicating with the two main boxes.

I have been using this solution for five or six years.

What is our primary use case?

We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is great that the records go back to 30 days.

Palo Alto's user interface is much more user-friendly than other platforms.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for five or six years.

It once had trouble communicating with the two main boxes, but other than that, it has been pretty solid. We used their tech support to fix the issues.

It is straightforward to scale. Three people access it on a day-to-day basis.

Their tech support has always been great. I would rate them a 10 out of 10.

We've been using this solution for as long as I can remember.

It is pretty straightforward. It is not very complex.

It is pretty reasonable as compared to other companies.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Palo Alto Networks Panorama an eight out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks Panorama. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RN
Lead Consultant at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Straightforward to install, with good logging and reporting, and nice support

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and one of the Palo Alto products that we implement for our clients is Panorama. This product is a management solution for cloud firewalls. It is a central management and logging system.

What is most valuable?

When a customer has many locations and they would like to push policies to all of the firewalls from one central location, Panorama is the product that enables customers to do this. They can configure templates and push them out to all locations. This makes it easy to manage. All of the reports and events from different locations can be managed centrally.

What needs improvement?

Aside from pricing, I don't have any issues with Panorama.

We have been dealing with Panorama…

What is our primary use case?

It is a central management and logging system.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Aside from pricing, I don't have any issues with Panorama.

We have been dealing with Panorama for more than five years.

The product is stable and I haven't faced many issues with it.

Panorama is a scalable solution.

The technical support is nice.

With respect to deployment, they have both the virtualized product as well as the offline version. The initial configuration might take two to three hours, with an additional hour for configuration. I would budget four hours in total.

The price of Panorama is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Sevo Nikolov
Information Security Architect at Integrity360
100% stable, easy to install, and allows us to manage a large number of firewalls from a single point

• "The ability to manage a large number of firewalls from a single point is most valuable."
  • "Its scalability can be improved. It is too expensive to scale it in the way Palo Alto wants us to scale. Scalability is one of the main reasons why our customer is looking for alternatives. It is too expensive to scale. Its redundancy also requires improvement, but it seems that in the latest version, redundancy is improved, and you can have more than two devices in an HA pair. So, they are heading in that direction. It would be good if they combine their dynamic list functionality in a much better way with Panorama and include it as out-of-the-box functionality. Palo Alto supports the dynamic list functionality for some basic threats, but there is a lot of scope for improvement."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Its scalability can be improved. It is too expensive to scale it in the way Palo Alto wants us to scale. Scalability is one of the main reasons why our customer is looking for alternatives. It is too expensive to scale.

Its redundancy also requires improvement, but it seems that in the latest version, redundancy is improved, and you can have more than two devices in an HA pair. So, they are heading in that direction.

It would be good if they combine their dynamic list functionality in a much better way with Panorama and include it as out-of-the-box functionality. Palo Alto supports the dynamic list functionality for some basic threats, but there is a lot of scope for improvement.

I have been using this solution for almost nine years.

It is 100% stable.

It is too expensive to scale, which is one of the main reasons why our customer is looking for alternatives.

Its initial setup is straightforward. If you have a basic knowledge of Palo Alto Networks, you will be able to spin it up.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It is the best in the class.

I would rate Palo Alto Networks Panorama a nine out of ten.

AR
VP of IT at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reliable, easy to install, with good support

What is our primary use case?

Palo Alto Networks Panorama is a centralized monitoring solution that can monitor remote locations, firewalls, configuration management, and patch updates on a single dashboard. We are system integrators. We deploy solutions for our client base.

What is most valuable?

It's a reliable solution.

What needs improvement?

It could be more secure.

I have been using Palo Alto Networks Panorama for more than five years. We are using the latest version.

Palo Alto Networks Panorama is a stable product.

It's a scalable solution. We have more than 50 customers in our organization.

How are customer

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators. We deploy solutions for our client base.

What is most valuable?

It's a reliable solution.

What needs improvement?

It could be more secure.

I have been using Palo Alto Networks Panorama for more than five years.

We are using the latest version.

Palo Alto Networks Panorama is a stable product.

It's a scalable solution. We have more than 50 customers in our organization.

Technical support is very good.

The installation of Palo Alto Networks Panorama is straightforward.

The deployment time is based on the client's input. The deployment can take one day, and two days for testing.

We have more than 20 engineers to maintain more than 50 locations.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to other users who are interested in using it.

I would rate Palo Alto Networks Panorama a ten out of ten.

SK
Project Specialist at integra software
A centralized management system that provides global visibility

What is our primary use case?

Within our organization, there are roughly 800 users using Palo Alto Networks Panorama. We may continue using this solution in the future, we're not quite sure yet.

What is most valuable?

The reporting is great.

What needs improvement?

The notification and alerting system could be improved.

I have been using Palo Alto Networks Panorama for three years.

Palo Alto Networks Panorama is both scalable and stable.

I am very satisfied with the customer support.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The reporting is great.

What needs improvement?

The notification and alerting system could be improved.

I have been using Palo Alto Networks Panorama for three years.

Palo Alto Networks Panorama is both scalable and stable.

I am very satisfied with the customer support.

The installation process was very easy, however, installation times can vary quite a bit. For us, it took roughly a month and a half.

We implemented this solution through a vendor support team.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to other interested companies. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Palo Alto Networks Panorama a rating of nine.

HK
Network Architect at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Centralized firewall and update management, excellent support, but needs better cloud integration

What is our primary use case?

It is a central firewall management solution.

What is most valuable?

Centralized firewall management and update management are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

They can improve its cloud integration.

I have been using this solution for more than five years.

It is very stable.

We haven't scaled it. Currently, five to ten people are using it on a daily basis.

Their technical support is excellent.

Its initial setup is very simple.

It was done internally. It…

What is our primary use case?

It is a central firewall management solution.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

They can improve its cloud integration.

I have been using this solution for more than five years.

It is very stable.

Their technical support is excellent.

Its initial setup is very simple.

It was done internally. It does require maintenance, and the administrators are responsible for this.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Palo Alto Networks Panorama a seven out of ten.

CLAUDIO ARAOZ
Senior Project Engineer at a outsourcing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for border-leaf access.

What needs improvement?

The solution's utilization of network ports makes things as complex as possible.  The pricing could be better.

I have been using Palo Alto Networks Panorama for 10 years.

On the one or two occasions that I had to make use of technical support, I felt it to be pretty good.

I cannot comment on the initial setup, as I was not involved with it.

The pricing could be lower.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Palo Alto Networks Panorama as an eight out of ten.

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for border-leaf access.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be better.

I have been using Palo Alto Networks Panorama for 10 years.

I cannot comment on the initial setup, as I was not involved with it.

The pricing could be lower.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Palo Alto Networks Panorama as an eight out of ten.