AY
Pre-sales manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good Sandbox Capabilities and good technical support

• "The most valuable features of this solution are sandbox capabilities."
  • "Our main concern is that everything has to be synced with the WildFire Cloud and has to be checked through the subscription."

What is our primary use case?

We are a security company working in the security system for the banking sectors, and we're trying to penetrate through the identity and access management products for our clients.

We work with all of the Palo Alto technologies.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are sandbox capabilities.

It removes all of the potential risks that come with attached documents or any macros from the vulnerability to be extended to Wildfire and to ensure that these kinds of attachments do not contain ransomware.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see some integration with other products, with endpoints and management.

Also, there are too many features for the client to research.

We are starting to implement it into the Egyptian market. We closed one of the deals only last month. But, we have been working with the Next Generation and WildFire since 2015.

Technical support is working fine. They have helped us a lot.

We are using Forcepoint, Palo Alto the Next Generation, Cortex, and Panorama.

They are currently working on sandboxing for an on-premises version rather than a subscription for WildFire through the firewall.

The price is a bit higher than the other products such as TrendMicro, or FireEye.

We lost an opportunity where the client chose FireEye for the price.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very good product.

I would rate Palo Alto Networks WildFire and eight out of ten.

SB
Sr Manager - Information Security & Researcher at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Plenty of features, scalable, and reliable

• "The solution has plenty of features."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Palo Alto Networks WildFire as a firewall to block malicious traffic. We use the IOCs, such as hash signatures matches, and IP addresses to block potential threats. Additionally, we use Palo Alto for VPN connectivity, but this is another product.

What is most valuable?

The solution has plenty of features.

I have been using Palo Alto Networks WildFire for approximately three years.

The solution is stable.

Palo Alto Networks WildFire is scalable.

We have 12 offices that are using Palo Alto Network solutions.

I have previously used Juniper solutions, such as the vSRX model.

The solution is easy to install.

We had one person from the vendor's support team help us do the implementation of the solution. They were very helpful.

The price of the Palo Alto Networks WildFire license is expensive. When it came time to renew the solution the price doubled.

We are evaluating other solutions, such as FortiGate because the price of Palo Alto Networks WildFire is high.

What other advice do I have?

If your organization can afford this solution then I would recommend it. However, there are other solutions on the market that have similar features at a lower cost, such as FortiGate and Juniper.

I rate Palo Alto Networks WildFire a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks WildFire. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
    555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    NV
    Senior Network Engineer at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
    Quick technical support, easy to set up, and is part of a complete product

What is our primary use case?

I work on the network equipment in our company including switches, routers, firewalls, VPN, and all of the perimeter devices. Palo Alto WildFire is one of the products that we use to secure our network. Generally, it detects threats to our network and blocks them. This includes checking applications for malware.

What is most valuable?

What I like about Palo Alto is that it is a complete product, with everything in it.

What needs improvement?

In the future, I would like to see more automation in the reporting.

We have been using WildFire for between four and five years.

This product is pretty stable.

What do I think about the scalability of the

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

In the future, I would like to see more automation in the reporting.

We have been using WildFire for between four and five years.

This product is pretty stable.

Our network and security group are the ones who use it. We haven't had to scale beyond that.

We don't have a lot of contact with technical support but when we do, they are pretty quick.

I haven't used another solution that is better than this one.

The initial setup is straightforward. It was not complex for me at all.

The pricing is highly expensive.

What other advice do I have?

From my perspective, Palo Alto is the best solution in the market. This is the reason that we implemented it.

ShrinivasSwami
    Sr Security Engineer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
    MSP
    Application encryption is useful, but it's somewhat pricey

• "WildFire's application encryption is useful."
    • "The system performance degrades after the solution has been deployed for some time. The data that it gives us becomes a little bit slow. When you try to get some data for troubleshooting, it seems like it's working hard to extract that data."

What is our primary use case?

We use WildFire for malware protection in our customers' companies.

What is most valuable?

WildFire's application encryption is useful.

What needs improvement?

The system performance degrades after the solution has been deployed for some time. The data that it gives us becomes a little bit slow. When you try to get some data for troubleshooting, it seems like it's working hard to extract that data.

I've been selling WildFire for more than two years.

WildFire is stable.

Wildfire is scalable.

Palo Alto support is very slow in this region.

WildFire is easy to deploy. I have been working on these solutions for quite some time, so I don't foresee any issues.

WildFire is a little bit pricey. Sometimes it's difficult to sell it to customers at the current price.

We sometimes use Fortinet FortiGate for clients. It depends upon the requirements, which vary from customer to customer.

What other advice do I have?

I rate WildFire six out of 10. To people considering WildFire, I recommend that they understand their own needs. They should do the proper due diligence. Right now, everybody's cutting costs because of COVID-19. They're trying to automate most things through the PA, so the cost-cutting is going to be a major factor in the future.

MM
    Network Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Lacking features, but good technical support, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We are using Palo Alto Networks WildFire as our network firewall.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped our company stay secure from the security features it provides.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use and the Panorama feature is good. The software management or the malware blocking and some authentication management system are good.

What needs improvement?

When comparing this solution to others it is not as good overall.

I have been using Palo Alto Networks WildFire for approximately one year.

Palo Alto Networks WildFire is a stable solution.

I…

What is our primary use case?

We are using Palo Alto Networks WildFire as our network firewall.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

When comparing this solution to others it is not as good overall.

I have been using Palo Alto Networks WildFire for approximately one year.

Palo Alto Networks WildFire is a stable solution.

I have found Palo Alto Networks WildFire to be scalable.

We have 10 users that use this solution. We plan to increase usage in the future.

The technical support is good.

I have used other similar solutions, such as HP, Checkpoint, and Fortinet.

The implementation is not difficult and the full process took approximately two days.

We have an internal team that did the implementation of the solution. We do some of the maintenance ourselves but if we have trouble we contact the support.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Palo Alto Networks WildFire a five out of ten.

CT
    Director and Strategic Advisor with self employed
    Easy to scale, stable, and updates globally

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is how it keeps up-to-date with viruses."
    • "The support is good but they could be faster."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for protecting endpoint devices from malware.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is how it keeps up-to-date with viruses.

It has the ability to block bots that are trying to come into the network, and the Dynamic updates, pushing to the Palo Alto firewall. For example, if information comes into the enterprise and there are some new viruses, it automatically sends it to WildFire to validate.

If it's new, they flag it, change it, and update all of the different firewalls across the globe, to inform everyone of what is going on.

What needs improvement?

The support is good but they could be faster.

I have been using Palo Alto Networks WildFire for approximately six years.

It's a very stable cloud-based solution.

It's the cloud, it scales quickly.

Technical support is alright but we have to wait for a while.

I am also acquainted with Fortinet.

Pricing could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Palo Alto Networks WildFire a nine out of ten.

BB
    Managing Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
    Offers improved security with good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Palo Alto WildFire is one of the products that we implement for our customers. One of the things that we do is design firewalls for companies that need to enhance their security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the improved security that it offers.

What needs improvement?

The price of WildFire should be reduced in order to make it more affordable for our customers. Deployment to mobile devices should be easier.

I have not been in contact with technical support, although my colleagues tell me that the experience with them is very good.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the improved security that it offers.

What needs improvement?

Deployment to mobile devices should be easier.

Being the solution designer, I do not have experience with the installation and setup process.

Our in-house team is responsible for deployment and maintenance. We have a couple of engineers who are familiar with it.

What other advice do I have?

There is no one product that can give you 100% protection, but Palo Alto WildFire has some good features. Overall, WildFire is a good product and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    MM
    Assistant Principal at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Excellent for remote access and very stable

What is our primary use case?

We use it for remote access and security.

What is most valuable?

Remote access is excellent.

What needs improvement?

Management and web filtering can be improved. There should also be better reporting, particularly around web filtering.

We've had it for years.

It is very stable.

We were using another solution. We switched for more features.

Its initial setup is complex. It is specialized. It is not off-the-shelf stuff.

What is our primary use case?

We use it for remote access and security.

What is most valuable?

Remote access is excellent.

We've had it for years.

It is very stable.

We were using another solution. We switched for more features.

Its initial setup is complex. It is specialized. It is not off-the-shelf stuff.

We used a reseller. It took six months. You need two to three people for its deployment and maintenance.

It depends on the features. Additional features cost additional money as well.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Download our free Palo Alto Networks WildFire Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.