Panda Security Adaptive Defense Overview

Panda Security Adaptive Defense is the #19 ranked solution in our list of endpoint security software. It is most often compared to Microsoft Defender Antivirus: Panda Security Adaptive Defense vs Microsoft Defender Antivirus

What is Panda Security Adaptive Defense?

Adaptive Defense 360 is a cyber-security service that combines next-generation protection (NG EPP) and detection and remediation technologies (EDR), with the ability to classify 100% of running processes.

Panda Security Adaptive Defense is also known as Panda Security Adaptive Defense 360, Panda Security Endpoint Protection, Panda Security for Desktops.

Panda Security Adaptive Defense Buyer's Guide

Download the Panda Security Adaptive Defense Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Panda Security Adaptive Defense Customers

Indra, Valea AB, Fineit, Aemcom, Data Solutions INC., Gloucestershire NHS, Golden Star Resources Ltd, Hispania Racing Team, Instituto Dos Museus e da ConserÊo, Escuelas Pias Provincia Emaus, Axiom Housing Association, Municipality of Bjuv, Lesedi Nuclear, Mullsj_ municipality, Eng. skolan Norr AB, Dalakraft AB, Peter Green Haulage Ltd

Panda Security Adaptive Defense Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Panda Security Adaptive Defense pricing:
  • "Panda is cloud-only and comes at a reasonable cost. It is a set price per seat."
  • "Our licensing fee is 1M Euro per month, so it is about 80 Euro's per user."
  • "The licensing is subscription-based and priced well compared to other endpoint security solutions."
  • "The licensing costs are not too high. We pay about 20 Euros a year. It's a reasonable amount to pay."
  • "The price of this solution depends on the number of licenses that you are purchasing."

SS
Competitive Engineer at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Simple enough to be used by a non technical specialist but it needs better threat intelligence

• "It's very easy to deploy, we don't have any problem or issues. It's most full automatic. It basically takes the assumption that everything is supposed to be a suspect; files, processes, URL accesses, and so on."
  • "The gap between the two final conclusions is a problem, whether or not a file is known to be malware or is known to be safe."

What other advice do I have?

The attestation paradigm is specific to Panda. I haven't found it anywhere else as strongly enforced into the solution. My advice would be to follow the general rules, do a trial, learn about it well. Test it in a test environment, change the settings according to your customer-specific needs, and then implement it if you find it has advantages. In the next release, I would like for them to add DDR features, threat intelligence, and more analytics. It lacks in that area. It should be integrated better with CMS and other useful enterprise applications and tools. Threat intel also needs…
CEO at Sentree Systems, Corp.
Good remote management, excellent advanced protection, and very good overall functionality

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for my clients. I'm a service provider. It's used as an EDR, which is endpoint detection and response. The solution is used to protect my client's office and their practice.

• "Their remote management (RMM) is very good."
  • "The only part I really don't use as much is their firewall. It's a bit superfluous. Most people have their own firewall in place, so they don't really need that part portion of the solution."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant and reseller. I'd advise other organizations to try the solution. That's all I can say. There are so many different aspects of it and so many different pieces that you can put it together depending on what you're using it for. The solution itself is great. It's just all the other stuff around it that is sometimes difficult. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If it wasn't for the dated platform, I'd rate it a bit higher.
Learn what your peers think about Panda Security Adaptive Defense. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SJ
System Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Zero day protection on the cloud that is effective and reasonably priced

What is our primary use case?

I work in a company that implements firewall solutions. I am a systems integrator, not a customer. In the simplest sense, my primary use of this solution is to have as an option for our clients. In our company, we try to use every product we sell and implement in order to know how it works and if it is any good. We cannot represent products well if we are not familiar with them.

• "Panda Security solution has a feature to block any unknown process and that is what is best about it."
  • "They need to expand their offering of add-ons to enhance capabilities further."

What other advice do I have?

Advice that I would give to anyone deploying Panda Security is to tell them to block every process except the known ones. In this case, you will start in the best situation and with the safest approach. It is better to block every unknown or new process because these can be threats. You can then unblock those that you want to have running. For example, if you add new processes or discover processes that were blocked and should not be, you can just unblock or add them. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as about an eight out of ten…
FH
Consultant at DNS, a.s.
Reseller
Enables you to drill down and get a good overview of which applications you are using that are connecting a player to the next local operation center

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for all the processes in our environment. When we test processes, we put it in audit mode where it basically launches itself. It tests the applications and processes that are used, and then it restructures the entire environment. You turn it on protective mode so that every time a new process starts in the environment, the administrators are notified. This allows the administrators to decide if they want it to route wired or not.

• "The feature I find most valuable is the advance search engine."
  • "I would like to see better data protection."

What other advice do I have?

There are a few options to change or improve, but so far the product is very good. I will rate it a nine out of ten.
Cloud Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Easy to implement, fine security granularity, and good reporting

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. We set up Panda Security Adaptive Defense for endpoint protection.

• "The most valuable feature is the web filter application control."
  • "The Linux installation is performed on the command line and they need a package installer for that operating system."

What other advice do I have?

In general, this product is performing to our expectations. Of course, the best thing to do if you're going to purchase any product is to do a proof of concept first. There are limitations with any software but based on our experience, we are happy with Panda Security Adaptive Defense. That said, it is not perfect. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
IT-Leiter at Spiekermann GmbH
Good protection and alerts with a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution in our company, we use it on each device or city cars. We use it for security. The solution works in the background and protects us from viruses.

• "The product so far has been good at protecting us. We haven't faced a breach."
  • "Occasionally, we suffer from little bugs that give us the wrong message."

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. We're always updating the product. We are just a customer and end-user of the product. We don't have a business relationship with the company. I would rate the solution nine out of ten. For the most part, we have been very happy with it. We do plan to continue to use the solution into the future. We don't have plans to change anything.
Managing Director (BsC Computer Science) at Bontle ICT Solutions
Reseller
Good antivirus and patch management, and it has the ability to do remote support

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. This solution is used to assist cybersecurity.

• "The patch management module is very important."
  • "Improvements could be made in terms of how the reporting is structured."

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good product. It may feel that it is a bit more expensive but in my experience, it is easily worth it. The core functionality of the product is very impressive and I recommend that people use it. That said, there is always room for improvement. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
AS
Senior IT Administrator for Global Group at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
Good protection, stability, and support

• "The protection from malware is the most important feature. It has some endpoint information about the vehicle of the virus, malware, etc. It is also stable and easy to install, and they also provide good technical support."
  • "It needs some improvements in the DNS security feature. Currently, it does not have full DNS security. It only has semi-DNS security, which can be improved. It is an important feature for us, and it would be really good if they can improve the DNS security feature. Our group has some plans to change to Cisco AMP, which has features such as DNS, Umbrella. We are trying to learn about Cisco AMP and compare it with Panda."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for endpoint protection for other companies. We didn't have any major security issues. I would rate Panda Security Adaptive Defense a nine out of ten.
Download our free Panda Security Adaptive Defense Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.