Panorama Necto Overview

What is Panorama Necto?
Panorama Necto is advancing Business Intelligence 3.0 to the next level, bringing together the very best of Enterprise BI with Visual Data Discovery, providing enterprises with new ways to collaborate and create unique contextual connections.

Panorama Necto is also known as Panorama Necto.

Download the Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Panorama Necto Customers
Neopharm
Panorama Necto Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Aditya Singh
Programmer Analyst at Tech Services Company
The infographics feature is unique to Necto. However, they need better tutorials and community support.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this product to others as it provided ease of use and good reports.
Senior Executive at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
The major strengths of this product are social business intelligence, insights, and intuitive self-service. Language support other than English is needed.
Find out what your peers are saying about Panorama Software, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Business Analyst at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
This tool is extremely beneficial for self-service data discovery. It should support Mac, Linux and other blackberry devices as well.
Senior Software Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Best BI tool visually rich and user friendly.

Valuable Features

Effective data presentation, tracking performance interactively, dynamic update of changes, collaborative working environment and mobile BI app.

Improvements to My Organization

Mobile BI app in very helpful. Very effective data presentation and collaborative environment.

Room for Improvement

Compatibility with Mac OS and Blackberry platforms. Multi language support.

Use of Solution

Less than a year

Did not encounter any issues so far.

No stability issues.

Good technical support.
Sales manager at a construction company
I can quickly create sales report from different teams and send it to different departments, even from my tablet.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend Necto to companies that need an effective and inexpensive sales\data analysis solution.
Sr. Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It's easy to use for ad hoc reports and more meaningful dashboards.
Senior Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
You can generate well-illustrated, data-intensive reports using its infographic feature.
Senior Software Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Business users can effectively present data and track performance very interactively while changes are being updated dynamically.
Business Intelligence Specialist at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
It provides management with a clear, concise, one source of truth and progress of business in one snapshot, but it should allow support for multiple languages as we have South American offices.
Senior Associate at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
We've been able to off-load the task of reports/charts/dashboards demanded by our business managers, but there is very limited documentation available for it.

What other advice do I have?

I would strongly recommend this tool to those who possess data but do not know how to proceed with it, i.e. what type of charts/dashboards they should generate to visualize data more effectively. You just give your data to this tool, and then it will give you concise views of the insights that you and other stakeholders are interested in.
Database Analyst at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The tool can automate the process of analyzing information and provides a self-service data discovery that automates much of the data analysis process, but there are limitations for big data analysis.
QA Engineer at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
With a click, you can import data from multiple sources and build visualizations, although it doesn't support a Linux environment.
BI Analyst with 10,001+ employees
It's allowed us to collaborate on self-service BI data, but they should improve community support.
Software Test Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Displaying the data on dashboard from Excel is made simple by just 2 clicks, but online tutorials are not available.

What other advice do I have?

Very good tool for the ones who are looking for ease of use and rich data visualization.
Associate Finance Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It's become quite simple in presenting data on the dashboard, but I feel scheduling is not that simple.

What other advice do I have?

If your data sources are many and ETL consumes a lot of your time, go for Panorama Necto. With its automation, your work becomes simple.
Programmer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
We never faced a performance-based issue with databases once we started working with it, but it would be very effective if interfaces and dashboards support large volumes of data.

What other advice do I have?

Considering all aspects of price or features or comfort working with it, it is the best. Take a chance and try it. It's worth it.
Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
In our organization, we use a lot of charts and this solution has various kinds that serve our purposes. However, the dashboard is a bit clumsy.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this for users who want to possess an excellent tool with lots of features and within budget. Highly recommended for start-up companies and small companies.
Software Test Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
For data discovery, it actually minimized the dependency on IT, but I don't think it would support data analytics if the data set is really very big.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely, it is a very good tool to use or BI people. Try it once.
IT Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The data analysis feature and other analytic tools helped us drill down to the root cause of a problem and helped us find a solution, but it should support operating systems other than Windows.
Datawarehouse and BI Architect at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
It's intuitive and good for interactive analytics with excellent in-memory performance, although I'd appreciate a personal edition for installation on Windows Home Edition.
Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
With the Geo Analytics feature, it helps find sales/revenue in a particular location and locate users on interactive maps. However, it doesn't support SQL queries.
Sr Software Developer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It provides us with great infographics in a self-service environment, but it needs multi-language support.

Valuable Features:

It's easy to use and doesn't require a lot of effort. It provides great infographics. It operates in a self-service environment. It's scalable. It is fast and easy to deploy.

Room for Improvement:

Multi-language support Availability across other platforms

Deployment Issues:

It's fast and easy to deploy.

Scalability Issues:

It's highly scalable.
BI Team Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It supports geo analytics, integrates with maps, and plots charts, but it has limited support for big data.
IT Analyst at a tech services company
It's intuitive and includes social and collaboration capabilities, but integration with Big Data needs improvement.
Senior Sofware Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
We're able to deliver complex analytical requirements, such as what-if analysis, but it needs a quick connection to big data platforms such as Hadoop.
Software Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Our team can now access their reports from a central repository, but it could be improved with more big data connectivity.
BI Developer at a tech vendor with 5,001-10,000 employees
The recommendation engine provides our users with insights into data points and analyses, but there should be a personal edition for at-home installation, practice, and training.
Data Visualization and BI Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
It provides us with options to modify and build smart infographics, but it should evolve with more improvements in the future.
Senior Software Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
We're able to create many different types of meaningful charts, but the cloud version hangs for unknown reasons.
System Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
The infographics provide data visualization, but its support and functionality for Mac OS X could be improved.

What is most valuable?

Infographics are totally cool. Visualization of data in a more attractive way to users.

How has it helped my organization?

Fast and easy deployment Easy to build dashboards We are building or visualizing data for basic accounts specific to certain regions or countries.  We use the filtering function to restrict inactive data and to create partner account hierarchies.

What needs improvement?

Support and functionality for Mac OS X.

We're in a POC period and testing its functionality against Lumira.

Lumira and BI 4.1, to test the scalability and features provided by this tool.
BI Developer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
We can connect our OLAP cube without installing any drivers and browse it with slice-and-dice capability, but it's missing a big data connection and workability in Linux.

What other advice do I have?

No, we are good.
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It's a fully web-based BI tool with multiple database connections, but it needs more support for predictive and forecast analysis.
QA Lead & Test Analyst Disney Consumer Products for Satwic Inc with 51-200 employees
Our North American enterprise was able to use interactive infographics to dynamically reflect business changes, but community support needs improvement.

What other advice do I have?

Panorama Necto on the other hand is built to support social collaboration so that its analytics features can be shared to improve decision making by incorporating various organizational inputs. Additionally, it supports an infographic display for information review which is unlike most of its competitors.
Software Consultant at a tech services company
An outstanding self service BI tool with amazing collaborative and supportive business intelligence

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this product to others as it provides ease-of-use and good reports.
Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It's easy to create reports using the infographics feature, but it could use improvement in the areas of community support for users and tutorials for beginners.

What other advice do I have?

Product Owner / Business Analyst at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
The auto-generated dashboards feature is a very good starting point for data discovery, but it needs improvement to its handling of big data.
Founder at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It can connect to any data source, but it's lacking Linux-Unix support.

What is most valuable?

OLAP analysis with Microsoft SQL Server is a valuable feature for me.

How has it helped my organization?

It connects to any data source. OLAP Cubes can be managed automatically. Analyzes and reports against business data to gain insight into your business performance. Proactively identifies business trends and challenges, and determines KPIs to compare actual performance against determined goals.

What needs improvement?

Linux-Unix support

6-12 Months

Not the feature this product offers.

Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Currently we're in the evaluation phase, but it will provide more power to business end users to create reports on their own.
Advance oracle DBA at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
It stores the discussion histories from its users, but needs more resources on using it.
Founder and Technology Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Multiple Language Support should be added. In general, the UI is easy to use.

Valuable Features:

(1) A fully web based BI tool (2) 95% covers the requirements of Self Service BI & Ad hoc Reporting (3) Better Visualization Components (4) Easy UI (5) Easy Data Acquisition

Improvements to My Organization:

We have large amounts of raw data in different formats. Panorama Necto's easy UI helps us to work with the data. There are many options to visualize our raw data in different graphical formats.

Room for Improvement:

(1) Missing Support Services (2) Multiple Language Support (3) Needs to have more tutorials and training sessions
Data Scientist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Necto looks promising & very good choice for small and medium size company, handling of large data volume might be bit challenging

What other advice do I have?

I would like to make one comment to the user community - if you are looking for powerful tool which can support large scale databases and BigData Analytics, Necto is NOT an option. Please refrain from using it.
DW BI Consultant at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
We didn't have many issues with deployment, however some performance issues need to be fixed before deploying to the wider community.
ASE at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Highly interactive and includes eye catchy infographics but the console is a bit cluttered.
Freelancer - DW & BI (OBIEE & Informatica) at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Necto has a nice Twitter like feeling, but they should find a way to analyse big data.
Assistant Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
A good application for basic analysts but more advanced features need to be released by the vendor for power users.
IT Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It's end-user centric but could run faster.

What is most valuable?

The infographics are customizable and the tool is end-user centric. It has a commendable recommendation engine.

How has it helped my organization?

Will allow us to migrate towards end-user centric tools from our current developer-centric tools.

What needs improvement?

Administration is an area where it needs improvement as a huge set of scripts are required.

2 weeks

It is slow.

It's fine.

We are currently assessing BI tools available in the market for a customer of ours. We want to…
UI Designer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
I like the ability to automatically build workboards with a few clicks.

What other advice do I have?

It needs some enrichment in the knowledge base community. When using other BI applications you can find answers on forums without submitting a support ticket to the customer support team.
Senior BI Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
The self service capability of Necto has encouraged users to build their own dashboards.

What other advice do I have?

Necto has taken this new and interesting step toward improving self-service BI and I would strongly recommend users and different organizations give it a try.
Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Provides seamless collaboration and excellent infographics. Altough, the user console is a bit complicated.

What is most valuable?

Excellent infographics Very interactive Seamless collaboration Impressive performance

How has it helped my organization?

Operational reports on automotive parts inventory, supply and quality metrics.

What needs improvement?

The user console is bit complicated when beginning to work with it.

More than 6 months

Customer Service: Very supportive Technical Support: Very good

No previous solutions were used.

In house
Team Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use with 3rd party integration. I'm unsure about big data.
Senior Business Intelligence/Reporting Developer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Great infographics. Needs more support for predictive and forecast analysis, ETL and data transformation, and more languages.

What other advice do I have?

I advise everyone to give this tool a chance an evaluate it. Some of the features offered are unique, my favorites are infographics and the support for collaboration between the users.
Lead Technical with 1,001-5,000 employees
The product tutorials need to be improved. Overall it's a promising tool.