pCloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is pCloud?

pCloud is a personal cloud space where you can store all your files and folders. It has a user-friendly interface that clearly shows where everything is located and what it does. The software is available for almost any devices and platforms – iOS and Android devices, Mac, Windows, and Linux. By installing pCloud on your computer (through its desktop application pCloud Drive), the app creates a secure virtual drive which expands your local storage space. Every change you make in your pCloud can be seen immediately on your computer, phone or tablet. All your devices are instantly synchronized and you have direct file access to any update you make.

pCloud Customers

Nike, Twitter, Coca-Cola, Uber, Adidas, Adobe, LinkedIn, BWW, Shell

pCloud Video

Archived pCloud Reviews (more than two years old)

Photographer at MS Solutions Ltd.
Enables me to access my files from all kind of devices and operating systems

What is our primary use case?

I trust pCloud to store my business and personal files like photos, videos, university books, etc. pCloud is always there when I need it.

How has it helped my organization?

I can access my files from all kind of devices and operating systems. I do not need any more external flash drives. I can even edit my files directly in the cloud using pCloud Drive.

What is most valuable?

Recently, they have implemented an option to brand your own download links. I work as a photographer and I can now share download links with my company logo and edit all details which are shown to my clients.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to be able to edit my files via the mobile device without downloading the file on my local space.

For how long have I used the

Three to five years.

It is a stable and reliable service.

I've installed the desktop application, pCloud Drive, which is really useful and easy to use. The mobile app is a must-have.

Sr. Manager Practice Lead at a financial services firm with 1-10 employees
The embedded music player makes it easy to play your tunes directly from the cloud without the need to install anything else

What is our primary use case?

Excellent service. I have been a user for about three years now. It's really quick, safe, and easy to use. You can have your pCloud drive on your computer, it's like a real drive, without taking up space on your local device.

How has it helped my organization?

File security! pCloud Crypto is an excellent service, and I have peace of mind that our sensitive data is stored securely in the cloud.

What is most valuable?

You can have your pCloud Drive on your computer, it's like a real drive, without taking up space on your local device.

The embedded music player is a service which makes it easy to play your tunes directly from the cloud without the need to install anything else additionally. I definitely recommend it to everyone! Thank you pCloud.

What needs improvement?

Integration with third-party software mostly. Also, online file editing option for documents. It would be very useful for collaboration.

Google Drive and Dropbox. pCloud is faster and cheaper.

Check out the lifetime plan. It's a one-payment solution.

Not yet.

What other advice do I have?

Not really.

Rinkesh Bhatt
User

What is our primary use case?

I have been researching cloud storage services for a long time before I started working with pCloud. As a freelance copywriter, I often share client work and projects. Not many cloud services offer encryption, which I find essential for my work. After a lot of tests, I found pCloud to be the most secure and affordable solution for independent businesses like myself. Today, I'm a satisfied pCloud lifetime customer.

How has it helped my organization?

The download links are really the feature I use the most. They recently introduced branding as a free add-on, so I am extremely happy with that! I use the drive desktop app quite a lot too. Syncing is relatively fast.

What is most valuable?

I like how you pay once, and you get the whole package. Every new feature they have introduced has been available for free, for lifetime users. I have contacted customer service a couple of times, and they have always responded quickly and gotten the issue taken care of right away as well. A lot of services really underestimate the power of a satisfied customer.

What needs improvement?

I would really like to be able to search entire documents. Hopefully, the feature will be available in the future.

it_user1027620
Business Start-up at VaRal 92
I like the interface and that they add new features all the time

What is our primary use case?

I have been working with the pCloud's sync solution for my business since the beginning of last year, which is almost a year now. I like the interface and that they add new features all the time, but I use it mainly for the sync option which keeps my files up to date. They might be a young company, compared to Dropbox for instance, but I am sure that they will become far better. Really impressed — a Swiss company for the security of your data.

How has it helped my organization?

Syncing my files from one account with a lot of other devices. They do offer two-factor authentication, which I appreciate as another layer of security for my files.

What is most valuable?

I have already stated the sync, but I have noticed that they have really cool branding of the links as a new feature available, so I use that as well.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to edit the files at the same time with the others, but I understand that this is not possible with the cloud solutions in general. So, it is alright if there is just a way for that to happen — I will definitely pay for it!

Less than one year.
Mohammed Anzil
Founder and Chief Editor at Social Positives
Leaderboard
Its virtual hard drive is still my favourite feature

What is our primary use case?

pCloud is one of my favourite cloud storage services that help me to store and share important images, videos, and files.

How has it helped my organization?

pCloud is free to use and comes with a 20GB free space. pCloud's desktop application allows you to store your files and folders online that works just like having an extra hard drive. Files we stored on pCloud doesn't count towards or against our PC storage.

What is most valuable?

• pCloud's virtual hard drive is still my favourite feature.
  • File and folder sharing is very simple with pCloud.
  • pCloud is the only popular cloud storage service provider that offers lifetime subscription which comes with 500 GB lifetime space for just $125, and 2 TB space for just $250.

What needs improvement?

• Sometimes the desktop sync can take some moment before starting the sync process.
  • Also, pCloud should improve their customer care service.

Brad Jonson
Owner at Self-employed
The sync process has been quick and the software correctly maintains the same file structure as in File Explorer

• "The sync process has been quick, and the software correctly maintains the same file structure as in File Explorer."
  • "My recommendation is that support could be better, even though sometimes things can be technically complicated."

What is our primary use case?

Most of my computing is done in my office on a Windows computer. I have been using Google Drive for some time, since I use a Chromebook when travelling.

How has it helped my organization?

I have never liked the web-based interface, which I find sluggish compared with File Explorer, as I am unable to use full-featured Windows software, such as LibreOffice, directly with the web interface. Therefore, I wanted Cloud Storage which could sync to local files, and could be loaded and edited directly with Windows software.

What is most valuable?

The pCloud sync server client has worked well in the trial version. As advertised, it has a sync drive integrated into File Explorer. I can easily configure it to selectively sync any local drive in File Explorer and use it normally.

What needs improvement?

My recommendation is that support could be better, even though sometimes things can be technically complicated.

Still implementing.

It has been stable in my system with no crashes.

The client software easily installed.