Pega BPM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Pega BPM is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Rapid Application Development Software. It is most often compared to Camunda Platform: Pega BPM vs Camunda Platform

What is Pega BPM?

Pega BPM helps you simplify and automate your operations so that you can reduce costs and improve business agility. Pega's unique Build For Change technology delivers repeatable solutions that can be efficiently reused and tailored to meet the requirements of diverse customers, product lines, channels, and geographies.

Pega BPM is also known as Pegasystems, SmartBPM.

Pega BPM Buyer's Guide

Download the Pega BPM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Pega BPM Customers

The State of Maine, ANZ, Coca-Cola, Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA), ME, New South Wales, OptumRx, Texas Department of Transportation, UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement

Pega BPM Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Pega BPM pricing:
  • "We mostly have a yearly license."
  • "The price of this solution, including installation and configuration, is comparable to competing vendors."

Pega BPM Reviews

MallikKesavaraju
Scaled Agile Consultant at Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Good case management and BPM workflow with easy cloud implementation

• "The solution's case management is its most valuable aspect."
  • "They are currently spending some time on improving the product with respect to machine learning, especially related to robotic automation. They probably could be a little more adept on that area would help."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is basically a quoting application. When insurance brokers or internal users have to call or do insurance quotes for commercial insurance, we use Pega. The insurance we cover is for outdoor coverage and for a casualty to property, as well as casualty insurance.

What is most valuable?

The solution's case management is its most valuable aspect.

It's basically an open architecture based software, which means the main aim of the software is to provide a low-code application development environment. It has several authoring tools on the UI flow and makes sure that you can put in a lot of gadgets and create the screen very quickly using those gadgets.

Right now, it has a pretty good feature set. It has case management and BPM workflow as well as robotic automation. It has decisioning. It has chat and virtual assistant support, and we just implement it on the cloud, therefore it's a pretty robust feature set.

What needs improvement?

They use something called a unique model-based architecture. During development, where the database and the UI, everything comes from one single piece of architecture. Due to that sometimes the enterprise architecture teams do not like it due to the fact that it forces them to use just one piece of architecture. If these could be more modularized, then it can be easily deployable in different kinds of scenarios in organizations, it would be much better.

However, they are kind of tightly coupled and it's difficult to separate everything out. Still, I would say it is an improvement to consider for the future. Id they could decouple the various components so that it gives flexibility to enterprise architects to deploy what is most needed as part of their enterprise architecture strategy, rather than getting kind of, looking at the only way the product handles, it would be a stronger product.

They are currently spending some time on improving the product with respect to machine learning, especially related to robotic automation. They probably could be a little more adept on that area would help.

It's very difficult to change many things unless somebody puts in the time to figure everything out. However, Pega could learn from all the customer service calls they get and categorize them in order to do an automatic form-based or customer service based response. If they could set it up to everything automatically, then that would save a lot of time and headaches for companies and help them troubleshoot and work through issues faster.

We've been using the solution for almost ten years. We haven't used in the last 12 months too much, however.

We have found a few issues on the solution and we work closely with technical support to help fix them. While it is largely stable, we do find we need to keep up with problems and work closely with Pega directly to address and fix them when they arise.

In terms of scalability, provided you throw hardware at it and you do a proper production implementation approach and alignment strategy, it's scalable.

You can go up to 2000 to 3000 users pretty easily. It's just that you need to throw a lot of hardware at it and make sure that you manage and create the web servers required. You need to create various pieces such as database servers and things like that, to make sure that you get the performance you need for those 2000, 3000 users.

The solution is being used continuously. I'm not sure about the increase in the usage, but at least it's serving the purpose as needed for the brokers.

It's a complex piece of software. For that reason, we did find some issues and I was kind of instrumental in working with Pega on their global support model. We had weekly calls to review. They have a process to track issues that are unique. Sometimes it's handled by their support network, and sometimes the issue is taken up to be dealt with by working on the next version. For us, triage calls are made every week.

The initial setup is never straightforward. It's always complex. Organizations deploying the solution will need a Pega admin and experts. It's not like anybody can just walk in and install it onto a PC. It needs a lot more performance concentrations and much more integration considerations. Therefore, it's a little complex.

In terms of deployment times, on-premise, it takes a little more time, and I would say it would take maybe about a month. However, now, cloud implementations are pretty quick and go much faster.

In terms of maintenance, we do need someone from the company to help us manage the solution.

We did solicit outside assistance for the implementation. We actually used both the Pega professional services in the beginning for a short time and then a subsequent implementation was done by an integrator.

There are multiple models. They have enterprise licenses for each server, for the product version. If you're doing it on-premise they also have per user basis on their cloud.

It depends on what your specific need is. Those vary from customer to customer, depending on the number of users and the volume of business and things like that. There's no, set price, or a specific quote and everybody just follows it. It's more they work out the enterprise licensing agreements or per user basis with respect to each client.

I joined the company when those decisions were already made. I wasn't part of that decision. However, in a lot of places where I've consulted as a digital transformation consultant, we did definitely compare Pega with competition such as Appian and other BPM, and even Salesforce and other workflow systems as well.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with Pega.

Pega BPM is definitely one of the topmost BPM packages out there. It hits all the right notes for a containerized implementation. The only thing you need to be careful is that you definitely need experts to help you along the way, in both the design and the requirements capture. They have an excellent requirements capture tool as well. However, if somebody needs to be trained on that, you need the help of experts, both on the software architecture as well as business architecture as well as the Pega admin. Eventually, these kinds of positions will either require a company to staff up or they will need to work with a system integrator.

Most of the companies work with system integrators due to the fact that Pega professional services are definitely very expensive. Organizations will work with a company life Cognizant or Accenture or others to really help them out along the way.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

RM
Assistant Vice President at Barclays Bank
Easier to use than other products and is more secure

• "It is easy to use, easy to understand, easy to implement and easy to enhance and we can do it as a Cloud. Also it is very user friendly."
  • "Sometimes when we are patching some data from the database, we are getting added as a timeout."

What is most valuable?

In terms of features that I have found most valuable, there are lots of new things in Appian BPM, maybe six in this newer version. Earlier, what we needed to do if we wanted to deploy some code into the other environment was to upload it into the environment, take a patch from the other environment, patch it, and import it. Nowadays it is easier. There is a new feature in the Admin Console where I just need to click on that environment, pick a patch, and just select the environment. Then I see whether it is queuing in the scheduled environment or going for production. I select the environment and I can directly deploy that patch. This is a very good feature of the current version.

There is a very well implemented UI side - the front-end visibility. There is a new progress bar that allows you to see your progress. There is a very impressive UI design that they've embedded into the BPM tool.

What needs improvement?

In terms of areas that need to be improved, I would say the timeout. This is because sometimes when we are patching some data from the database, we are getting added as a timeout. I would like to build a solution for that or to improve that feature, because by doing so the process will be trimmed. Sometimes it gets stuck just due to taking so much time for the user in the back-end data from the database. I think all the other features are very good.

Additionally, I'd like to select the availabilities. I'm using the earlier version now because it is on-premise implementation. If I go on the newer PGi for a couple of days, the latest version, then I will able to see what other additional features we need to have in the BPM tool.

I've been working on Appian BPM tools for about three years.

I do not have an issue with stability. I'm completely fine with that.

It is definitely scalable and I know that is a very good feature of the Pega BPM and Appian BPM.

I have never contacted support.

But we have one help ticket raised, so technically I do support the production.

I like Appian BPM. In Appian BPM I need to code for the components. If it's a bigger program, depending on the sizing, I read about using Pega BPM for that. But I'm working as an Appian Lead and working on Appian BPM tools for about three years.

About a year ago, I was working as a DOS developer and then I moved to Appian BPM and Pega BPM. I get feedback from the users. Based on the data from the POC, I present that to the user and if there is any implement I'll do it on the same day and avail it to the user. If they're okay with it, then I can go ahead and create the application and develop it for the solution.

Working as a DOS developer I'm coming from a different place. I came to know about this BPM tool from the website and learned that it has very good features. So that's the main attraction to BPM tools.

The initial setup is not complex, it is easy. For the first time user, we do have the trial version of it. Nowadays, as you are aware, we have data in the Cloud where it is like MySQL. It will take under 30 minutes. Not more than that.

We are working in Agile. So there is a sprint of two weeks. After each and every sprint we have to be looking forward to the after-sprint plans. So the solution has been deployed after each and every sprint to the queue and on the decided date, to the production.

I used a number of integrators for my current project that was as a re-seller. I don't have experience with implementing. On my current project, I do integrate with the re-seller that does business with Appian. We are just consulting for the solution at our end with an integrator at Appian by using the data authentication.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely let people know about it. Let me give you a scenario. Let's say there is a banking system. Generally, people come to the bank, fill out the form, and submit it. Then a record will be created in the system. So what happens by using the Pega BPM is that we can clearly identify the flow - how you do it by using the different user input tasks. This is appealing to the user, to the customers, to everyone. Definitely I would like to get a return on that and let them know that if they use this BPM tool, more than any other technology tool, it has the most complete set of tools for the system.

On a scale of one to ten, I'd rate it an eight. This is because it is easier to use than any other product and it is more secure. All of our software was developed in Java and as we know Java is a secure language.

There are many more features. It is easy to use, easy to understand, easy to implement and easy to enhance and we can do it as a Cloud. Also, it is very user-friendly. Nowadays, it's on Cloud so we can access it from anywhere. There is no location per se or any system requirement.

Learn what your peers think about Pega BPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
540,884 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AC
Feature Lead at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Easy to set up with great documentation and training

• "The initial setup is pretty straightforward."
  • "The local development approach is good in Pega, however, cost-wise, it's getting expensive. That needs to be addressed."

What is our primary use case?

For an upcoming project, my manager told us to look at all the different capabilities between the Pega, Appian, and the Camunda. We don't know the use case yet. We need to know the use case, however, at this point, we are just exploring different tools, BPM tools.

What is most valuable?

The integration is good. It can be capable of different integrations.

There is a Pega Decision Hub, which is just a text-based analytical site. Based upon the text-based analytics and it can decide and trigger a case.

There are a lot of new features in Pega that are great.

I like case management in Pega. For the case management applications, so it's really fast to develop and it can scale and be extended based upon the business requirements.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The documentation and training available are great.

Pega is coming out with Pega Express, which is kind of a low-code development platform. The business rules can be built in a Pega Express Portal, which is more specifically built for business users and not technical users. That way, even non-technical people are able to build their own business processes easily.

What needs improvement?

The local development approach is good in Pega, however, cost-wise, it's getting expensive. That needs to be addressed.

With Camunda, containerization is the most helpful feature. It can containerize and it can have its own deployment process. Pega may be adding that feature in a future release, however, right now, that's lacking and needs to be addressed.

I'd like to see Pega support microservices architecture, which it doesn't do right now.

We have been using the solution for more than six years.

The scalability is excellent. It can scale as much as you need it to. It's one of the great aspects of the product.

I've never directly contacted technical support. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are. We have our own internal team that can troubleshoot.

That said, we used to connect with Pega on issues and it's my understanding that support tickets can be addressed very quickly. Support-wise it's very extensive.

I also trained in Appian.

The initial setup is straightforward. There is no complexity. There is documentation around the installation process and upgrade process as well. Pega will also provide you with good training materials in the Pega Express Portal, which is helpful for teams who are planning for new developments. That way, they can learn easily and understand everything.

It's a great product, Pega, however, cost-wise, it is a little expensive compared to other BPM tools. That's where I feel that they can improve.

Now, we are exploring other software, like Camunda. We just want to see the different designs or decide which tool is better for our application.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and an end-user.

We have been using Pega for more than six years, and at this point, we also want to just explore the other BPM tools. It's kind of for considering cost efficiency also. We are looking at the cost of the development effort or the scalability of the tool. While I like Pega, I'm just exploring the other BPM tools with respect to Pega.

While it depends on the application you are using, if you're planning for an enterprise application that can interact with different applications, Pega would be a good option.

Sometimes if you have a smaller workflow, for example, if you're just introducing a smaller workflow in an existing application and you just want to leverage only that workflow-related feature, you don't need Pega. You can just have any workflow tool, like Camunda or Appian. Cost-wise, Pega may cost you more.

If you're planning to leverage all the features in Pega, like case management and low-code, no-code and RPA, robotic process automation, and other high level or case management, if you are planning to leverage all these different kinds of features that are available in Pega, just go with Pega. And if you're just planning to leverage only a kind of workflow, you don't need to go with Pega. You can just go with other BP flows or BPM process models like Camunda.

There are a lot of features that you can explore in fault tolerance and error handling, exception handling, et cetera. There are other items as well if you're in the development stage, and something like Page will likely be helpful. I don't know of other tools that will support anything to that extent.

There are still some limitations in the solution. I'd rate it at an eight out of ten, as there are still some improvements that can be made.

Björn Podlaha
Principal Business Analyst at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
All the features that are related to case management are outstanding

• "The workflow designing and integration are the most valuable features. Also, the UI design was pretty easy."
  • "It's called a local platform but on the other hand, it needs a lot of experience. It's not all that easy to click and plug and play. If you really want to use all the features out of this platform, you definitely need a lot of experience and a lot of training to get there."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for some insurance companies for underwriting.

What is most valuable?

The workflow designing and integration are the most valuable features. Also, the UI design was pretty easy.

All the features that are related to case management are pretty outstanding.

What needs improvement?

It's called a local platform but on the other hand, it needs a lot of experience. It's not all that easy to click and plug and play. If you really want to use all the features out of this platform, you definitely need a lot of experience and a lot of training to get there.

Because the platform offers a lot of different features, it's rather complex and makes it very valuable for many different use cases, but what I would improve is that you can't tell all the people that it's a local platform, which suggests that it's for everybody, even for those people that do not have any clue about IT. They are using a lot of functionalities that try to help those developers and usually they make good jobs, but there are some situations where this automation will cause a lot of stress and trouble. This is something that creates more work at the end than if you just started from scratch.

It depends on the use case but in general, it's stable. We have two use cases where we use a lot of different tasks and if you have more than 1,000 use cases then there seems to be some problems with the stability. It may depend on other features like load balancing and those kinds of things.

It is definitely scalable.

Technical support is quite good if you don't have very special requests or defects. It depends mostly on your own code. But if it's on the general code that is provided by Pega, it's quite easy to set up a question to the Pega team and it's usually answered within a couple of hours, sometimes even faster.

There's a lot of information that can be found in the Pega community which is quite helpful.

The initial setup is quite easy. If you use the cloud options, you get the full stack delivered and you do not have any hassle with setting up certain features or certain information. If you just install it on your local machine, it is also going to work pretty well.

It's more complex if you set it up in a local environment on the local server, then you have to check a lot of different things and especially all the things that are related to securities.

I think the pricing reasonable. On the other hand, Pega has a clear focus on future companies. So, they say, "Okay, this is for our main customer focus," and this is, in my eyes, a bit of a pity because I think the technique and the software are really mature and could be very helpful for other companies as well that are not a main focus of them.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to have a focus on what the main purpose of the VPN platform is. Are you really looking for a VPN platform, something that is gathering all the VPN processes in the whole company, or is it just for reporting some processes like a customer process and connecting it to an SAP process?

If you are planning to use Pega as your main platform, then it's a really good choice. On the other hand, if you have different software in your company like microservices or other big platforms like SAP, then you really should think if adding Pega as another big solid piece of software is really a good idea or if you just look if you can find other ways to integrate the other pieces of software for the purpose.

I would rate Pega BPM a nine out of ten.

I would like to have a lightweight version of it; something like Appian. In the very beginning, you just had Word and Excel, and you were fine with that. Now, you have a complete suite starting from SharePoint and Teams, etc, but you don't need all the features because you have a specific purpose and for this purpose, you need the best software. But nevertheless, you don't need, for example, all these RPA stuff, which is heavily promoted. These are all things that you just buy-in and are reflected in the price. It would be helpful if they offered a lighter version.

SS
Digital Engineering Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
One of the best solutions in terms of performance, capability, and stability

• "I have a lot of experience in this kind of industry, and Pega is one of the best solutions in terms of performance, capabilities, and the way we develop."
  • "It should have integration with non-relational databases. A lot of databases are non-relational, and as a company, we are planning to move to NoSQL or open-source databases. It would be good if we are able to install and use Pega on a NoSQL database. They can also try to tailor or organize the company a bit differently and go more towards the microservice concept. I would like Pega to develop machine learning and intelligent AI algorithms. They have a good foundation in terms of the model and the stuff that we are using for some customers, and it will be good to onboard as many machine learning algorithms as possible."

What is our primary use case?

We are developing campaigns and business solutions on top of Pega. It is a part of the campaign management solution that we have. We are also using it for the core business. We are offering personalized content, personalized product, and personalized information for each of our customers. Pega is one of the main products for us for pricing, catalog, and content. It is being used for everything.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It should have integration with non-relational databases. A lot of databases are non-relational, and as a company, we are planning to move to NoSQL or open-source databases. It would be good if we are able to install and use Pega on a NoSQL database.

They can also try to tailor or organize the company a bit differently and go more towards the microservice concept.

I would like Pega to develop machine learning and intelligent AI algorithms. They have a good foundation in terms of the model and the stuff that we are using for some customers, and it will be good to onboard as many machine learning algorithms as possible.

I have been using this solution for a couple of years.

It is one of the most stable solutions, but you need professional expertise. If you are working in a professional way, you won't have issues. If you install it on top of any provider as a database and you are not able to tune the database, you will have issues. Every product has bugs, but it is a more stable one.

We have 25 to 30 customers who use this solution.

Their technical support is fine. There is always room for improvement, but overall, it is fine.

I have used different products and shifted to Pega. In the past ten years, I developed an in-house solution, and I also hired a company to develop it for me, but that was not enough. Now I am relying on Pega in Google Cloud, and it is running my business strategy and everything else. It is one of the best solutions in this category. I can't even compare it with other products. Based on Gartner's ratings, Pega is one of the top ones.

Its installation is straightforward. I don't see any big issue. We are using it on Google Cloud VMs. We are not using Pega container, but I know another company that is using it fully in a container.

For its deployment and maintenance, you need highly skilled people.

We mostly have a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I have been recommending it to different customers across Europe. It is a professional product, but you should know what you are doing. If you don't know what you are doing, you might think it does nothing, but if you are mature enough to understand the power and potential of Pega, you can do magic with it. You should have the know-how, and you should know a customer's expectations.

One of the reasons why some customers are getting a lot of success is because we have Pega and Data Lake or big data platforms close to each other. Data Science runs the algorithm on the Data Lake, and we propagate the data and the segment to Pega. This way the customer gets a high value. They are doing a great business because they have the potential data, and they can combine and build campaigns and segment customers on an individual basis. After that, your big data is in real-time, and you have real-time notifications. You are doing everything in real-time.

I would rate Pega BPM a nine out of ten.

Google
JT
Senior Consultant at a aerospace/defense firm with 51-200 employees
An extremely powerful platform that provides the ability to define processes, build reports, and get insight on data

• "The ability to define processes, build reports, and get insights or analytics on data is most valuable. It is a powerful platform."
  • "The way the IDE works with the chatbox and the taxonomy imports could be a little smoother."

What is our primary use case?

It is a multi-tenant offering for developing applications. We have its latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

Generically, at the moment, it can take things that were non-functioning processes and crossing stovepipes and make them function.

What is most valuable?

I have found a lot of features valuable. The ability to define processes, build reports, and get insights or analytics on data is most valuable. It is a powerful platform.

What needs improvement?

There should be quicker approvals for CDH. It is a bureaucratic approval process to be able to get those particular licenses.

I have been using this solution for two and a half years.

It is stable. Like everything, it depends on the quality of the knowledge of the people who are using it.

I like it. It allows for a lot of multi-tenancy.

In terms of usage, it is in its initial use areas, but it is rapidly being adopted.

I have interacted with them. Our overall experience is positive. They have some good folks there. Occasionally, their system doesn't realize the urgency of a problem if the problem isn't in production. If your problem isn't currently causing production failures, the turnaround time can be slower than expected.

We don't use Pega exclusively. We've got other stuff in there. There are some things for which one solution is good, and for another set of things, another one fits very well.  It just depends on the application, the tendency, and the purpose.

We brought in experts. Our experience with them was positive.

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I would give is that when spinning, think about if you're setting up a private one. You should also think about your tenant or your organizational control structure for multi-tenancy so that you can have a mix of licenses for tenants while not overly complicating and having to maintain tons of different work control layers.

Before you start up an app, take a look, run the wizards, and see what you can reuse from the structure. Its wizards are very good to use when starting up. There are a lot of powerful data models and workflows that you can use as starting points. You can also simply reuse and rename them.

Whenever you're building things, work with your team regularly on the data model supporting it so that you have a lot of reusable capability. So, you enhance it. It is worth the time to meet weekly with your team over your data architecture.

I would rate Pega BPM an eight out of 10. There is a bit of a learning curve, but it is extremely powerful. When you get into it, then you realize that it is far more powerful.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Giovanni Vanini
Director at PricewaterhouseCoopers
A complete solution in terms of functionality with processes specialized using the situational layer cake

• "The most valuable feature is the situational layer cake."
  • "Compared to other BPM products, the interface is somewhat complex, so the usability could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We do not use this solution in my organization. We are consultants and we act as a third-party for our clients.

This solution is used to orchestrate processes across different parts of the infrastructure. All of the activities are coordinated and controlled, managed by a unique platform where they can keep track of everything.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the situational layer cake. It's a feature of the tool that allows us to specialize a process according to different countries, products, or other dimensions. This means that we can create complex processes that are differentiated according to geography, product, or other characteristics. The result is that it makes it much easier for us to maintain the solution.

In terms of functionality, Pega is probably the number one solution in this field.

What needs improvement?

We have been using this solution since 2014.

Pega BPM is very stable and our customers use it on a daily basis.

This is a very scalable solution. Our customers are large enterprises.

The technical support is okay.

One of our clients was using a BPM solution by TIBCO before switching to Pega. TIBCO is more technical, whereas Pega is more business-oriented.

The initial setup is quite complex. It requires a lot of time and its not something that you can just do quickly. Pega is a very complete and structured product that needs to be configured according to the organizational structure.

Considerations have to be made with respect to managing data and integrating with their tools. In many ways, it is a Plug and Play tool, but it will require some time.

We have had cases where we have done the deployment for our customers, although in other instances, the client does everything. We prefer not to do the installation, if possible.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to make sure that they understand it. For example, we are certified in the usage of Pega BPM. It's a very complete product but it is not a simple one. They need to use the right, structured approach to implement it properly. Pega is not a product for a client with small needs. If anything, when setting up Pega you should think bigger and put things in place for what will be needed to lead the team in the right direction in the future.

NA
Director (Delivery) at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Good integrations, excellent workflows, and good technical support

• "The solution offers excellent workflows."
  • "There are some UX shortcomings within the solution. However, it's my understanding that they have addressed them and in the next three months they will come out with a new updated version. They will be moving away from HTML5."

What is our primary use case?

The use cases vary. The solution is useful for various types of processes such as client onboarding, opening and processing accounts, policies and quotes, claim registration and reimbursement, underwriting, etc.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers excellent workflows.

The amount of processes a user can access is very broad.

The integrations within the solution are excellent.

The solution has the ability to manage different versions of rules.

Overall, there isn't a feature on the solution that isn't useful. The solution is excellent.

What needs improvement?

I've been working with the solution for fourteen or more years.

We have some clients that have up to 2,000 active users at any given time.

The solution is meant for large-scale enterprises.

It has been used in the insurance and finance industries as well as manufacturing, healthcare, and government. Many governments have started using it as well, so it is being used all over.

We've been in touch with technical support many times. They are quite good, overall.

The only thing is sometimes responses get delayed because they need to go to the logs, they need to go through all the steps, what someone was trying to do, and what was not working. It's quite intensive. It takes time. Otherwise, it is simply good. Great.

I've previously had some experience with Appian. They are actually quite different solutions. It's hard to compare them.

The implementation is not the quickest. An organization needs to get a good partner from Pega who will be doing the implementation. If a partner's doing the setup the correct way then it all goes well.

We are a Pega partner and assist clients with the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

We have a business relationship with Pega.

We handle both on cloud or on-premises deployments according to the client's needs. Many financial institutions prefer on-premises, because of the data security. However, even some of the banks have opted for cloud as well.

I'd advise other organizations to get a good partner and take time to compare other options and to do a roadmap. Not every product is suitable for every scenario, so it's important to do a bit of research first.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Download our free Pega BPM Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.