AH
IT Strategy and Innovation Director at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to customize, but it's a legacy product and not a modern tool

• "I often say that PeopleSoft's greatest feature is how customizable it is."
  • "We have already deployed it and we have had it for several years but we are switching to a modern HCM SaaS cloud product."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is our primary HCM product. We use it for core HR, payroll benefits, time, labor, Regs, and Legs.

How has it helped my organization?

You can meet the business needs of any of our Stakeholders.

What is most valuable?

I love how easy it is to customize. I often say that PeopleSoft's greatest feature is how customizable it is.

What needs improvement?

We are in the process of migrating from PeopleSoft, Oracle HCM Cloud, and Taleo.

Their greatest challenge is how customizable it is because the more you customize, the more the total cost of ownership increases.

We have already deployed it and we have had it for several years but we are switching to a modern HCM SaaS cloud product. We chose Workday, and we are in the process of implementation.

I have been working with PeopleSoft since 1995.

We are using the most up-to-date version.

PeopleSoft no longer has true versioning. They do PUM upgrades and we stay current with our PUM upgrades.

We have not experienced any issues with the stability of PeopleSoft.

PeopleSoft is a legacy product and I feel that they have effectively taken care of customers who want to stay on PeopleSoft. From that perspective it is scalable, but certainly not modern. It was created in the early 90s.

I refer to our business partners as clients but they are internal. I am their IT, strategy, and planning. I work with our business strategy teams for the technology enablement of their business needs.

We have 85,000 users.

Because it's on-premises, we don't rely on Oracle for support. We have our internal team for production support.

I am also using Oracle Taleo, Oracle HCM Cloud, and Ceridian.

Ceridian was a great product, but we made a company change and the new company used PeopleSoft.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Oracle doesn't charge us for all of our customization's but we have an in-house development team that does the customization.

What other advice do I have?

Given that it's a legacy product, there's not a lot of people who are looking to deploy PeopleSoft. We will be moving to a modern solution.

There are no additional features that I would recommend and that it is a legacy product.

Because it is not a modern tool, I would rate PeopleSoft a six out of ten. It was built on 1990s technology.

DA
Vice President - Enterprise Applications at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable with good integration capabilities and has the ability to scale

• "It's great for helping users deal with their supply chain."
  • "There can occasionally be complexity in the initial setup."

What is our primary use case?

We are not deploying PeopleSoft for our internal process, but we are implementing PeopleSoft to other organizations. Clients primarily use it for their financials, for the HCM, and some of them do use it for their supply chain.

What is most valuable?

The financial capabilities are great.

We really like the HCM.

It's great for helping users deal with their supply chain.

The stability is quite good.

The solution has the potential to scale.

It's very easy to integrate with other solutions.

What needs improvement?

I'm not a direct user. I'm more of an implementor. Therefore, I can't speak to what may be missing. If we do need to add something, we can do so for the client via extensions. I'm not sure what a client would like in future releases.

There can occasionally be complexity in the initial setup.

The pricing could be lower.

We have been working with this solution for almost six or seven years. It's been a while.

The stability of the solution is excellent. There are no bugs or glitches. It does not crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability is fine. We don't have any issues if we need to expand. That said, we haven't had any situations where people wanted to expand anything. Of course, if it also happens it's fine.

We have about 15 clients on the solution so far.

Technical support has been fine. They are helpful and responsive. We're happy with the level of support we get.

The initial setup can be straightforward or complex. We've dealt with both types of implementations. It really depends on the client and their requirements.

We tend to implement this solution for our clients.

This solution offers a perpetual license.

While I cannot compare the solution directly to others on the market, I can say that it would be ideal if the pricing was a bit less.

What other advice do I have?

We are an implementor and a partner of Oracle.

In our client's environment, we are using the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies, however, it all depends upon the maturity of the customer, and its ability to adapt to this Tier 1 ERP's expertise.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about PeopleSoft. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ather Khan
Head Of Risk Management at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
Easy to install, has a good interface, and it integrates well with Exchange

• "The PeopleSoft interface is very good."
  • "The whole systematic flow of any query raised to HR should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

This is an ERP product and the best use case is to raise your query to the HR manager. There is functionality built-in for the staff to raise their queries direction to HR.

What is most valuable?

The PeopleSoft interface is very good.

The integration with Microsoft Exchange Server works well.

What needs improvement?

The whole systematic flow of any query raised to HR should be improved. For example, if I raise a query, I cannot see the status. I don't know if it's under review, or if someone is reviewing it or not. If it is taking quite a long time and you're worried about it, then you can't see if somebody has had the chance to review it or not.

In the future, I'm expecting to see a complete user flow. It should be a complete flow of the process for the end-user and it should connect with the line managers, as well as others in the same area.

I have been using PeopleSoft for the past seven years.

This is a stable product and I prefer to keep using it in the future.

PeopleSoft is quite scalable. We have more than 2,000 users in our organization.

The technical support is very robust and I am satisfied with it. They will solve any technical issues that you have with the REP.

I have heard about several other similar products but do not have any experience with them myself.

This product is quite easy to install, although I'm not sure how long it takes to complete. It integrates with LDAP services and with Microsoft Exchange Services, so I think that it takes between two and three days.

From a technical perspective, it is not a problem for the end-user to deploy it.

Our in-house team is responsible for the installation of products and integration with other services.

There are no additional costs for licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend PeopleSoft to all institutions and companies.

AP
Jr. Manager-IT Infrastructure Management & IT Procurement at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
Good support, straightforward setup, and integrates with many third-party applications

• "The time system is what we get the most benefit from."
  • "The API integration could be better."

What is our primary use case?

This is primarily used as a business system.

What is most valuable?

The time system is what we get the most benefit from.

What needs improvement?

We needed to do a lot of integration with third-party applications in order to get the functionality that we needed.

The API integration could be better.

I have been working with PeopleSoft for more than ten years.

We have experienced a couple of bugs while working with PeopleSoft.

We have been in touch with technical support and feel that it was good, keeping in mind the scope. They do not support third-party applications, but for what they are responsible for, it is good.

The initial setup was straightforward and didn't give us any trouble. However, when we had to integrate many other modules, it was an extensive process.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend it, although it depends on the use case for the business. There are advantages and disadvantages and you need to consider the objective. On this basis, every organization measures differently, but I definitely recommend it. That said, there is no perfect product.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

KL
Associate Vice President at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Very solid and mature; PeopleTools enables customization and flexibility

• "A solid and mature product."
  • "Tools and UI could be enhanced."

What is our primary use case?

We implement this solution for our clients. Some of our clients use the on-prem version and some on cloud. We either do our own private hosting or use a public platform depending on the client. If public, we generally use AWS or Oracle. I work with clients in higher ed or the public sector and they're generally looking for a more updated solution than they're currently using. We are partners with Oracle.

What is most valuable?

I think PeopleSoft is a solid solution. It has a lot of the basics. If the system is used properly it meets the needs of the customer. I think it's a very strong, solid product, very mature. I haven't heard of any issues from our clients. The solution has PeopleTools as a feature which allows for customization and provides flexibility.

What needs improvement?

I think PeopleSoft should focus on enhancing the tools and the UI, and making it a more updated app as opposed to the old, tiny, older look and feel. That's where they should put their efforts.

I've been implementing this solution for over 26 years.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

DO
Vice President at Singapore Post Ltd | Group Technology - eCommerce Logistics
Saves time in having easy and fast applicants tracking but visualization is almost nonexistent and can be improved

• "The recruiting is most valuable. It saves time in having easy and fast applicants tracking as well as candidates' contact plus pipeline management."
  • "Parsing of CVs is productive but accuracy can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for HCM. It has very few clicks before getting data. Reporting is easy to retrieve, both ad-hoc and fixed reports. There can be more visualization.

How has it helped my organization?

Productivity has improved. It provides HR Professionals with easy input of data and dashboard reporting. ESS and MSS save time for HR. The pushing of learning materials and performance management helps to increase effectiveness and responsiveness.

What is most valuable?

The recruiting is most valuable. It saves time in having easy and fast applicants tracking as well as candidates' contact plus pipeline management. Parsing of CVs is productive but accuracy can be improved.

What needs improvement?

Reporting is easy to create, even for complex ones. Visualization is almost nonexistent and can be improved. It's good to be able to eport to PDF and excel with fast timing.

I have been using PeopleSoft for two years.

Download our free PeopleSoft Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.