PeopleSoft OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

PeopleSoft is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Demand Management tools. It is most often compared to Oracle HCM Cloud: PeopleSoft vs Oracle HCM Cloud

What is PeopleSoft?
Oracle's PeopleSoft applications are designed to address the most complex business requirements. They provide comprehensive business and industry solutions, enabling organizations to increase productivity, accelerate business performance, and provide a lower cost of ownership.
PeopleSoft Buyer's Guide

Download the PeopleSoft Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

PeopleSoft Customers
BMI Healthcare, Lone Star College System, Jefferson County Public Schools, Griffith University, Los Rios Community College District, Tervita Corporation, INFRA S.A. de C.V., ICF Habitat, Central Washington University, Tech Mahindra Limited, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Stanford Childrens Health
PeopleSoft Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about PeopleSoft pricing:
  • "It's approximately $3,000,000 to $4,000,000 USD per year."
  • "The licensing cost for PeopleSoft is 3,500 per course and the annual subscription fee is 6,500."
  • "I don't know if they are still providing licenses or if they have suspending licenses."

PeopleSoft Reviews

BN
Regional Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Mature with a variety of features and multiple use cases

What is our primary use case?

We're a consulting company, therefore, we get involved in all kinds of use cases. PeopleSoft is used for usually larger organizations and some middle tier. However, usually, organizations that are maybe 2000 employees or two and a half billion dollars or more tend to be users. They use it primarily for back-office systems, finance supply chain, human resources, payroll benefits, that kind of stuff. That includes recruiting and everything associated with HCM. It's one of the primary ERP systems.

• "It's a mature product."
  • "The biggest disadvantage with things like PeopleSoft is that they do continuous support and fixes and upgrades. You get to choose when you want to implement that upgrade. However, in order to keep up, you have to upgrade."

What other advice do I have?

We're a PeopleSoft partner. We're primarily an Oracle and are a PeopleSoft consultancy where we implement and help people use the PeopleSoft systems. Now we're combining that with UiPath, and so most of the things we do are going to be PeopleSoft system related. Having been in this business for 25 years or so, my biggest advice for PeopleSoft clients would be the same for any software client - that whenever they implement it, that they do it right and not try to do it cheaply. Once they do it right, they will realize the benefit from doing it right forever, from then on. If they do it on the…
RS
Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly and performs well but views should be simplified to one page

• "In general, this solution is user friendly and also performs well. There are two types of forms. One is a standardized form, which you can define things into. The other, you can customize so more repetition can be done in an even manner. That way, it can be designed for what the public or user actually wants. It's not very tough for any person, or layman to understand exactly what the screen requires one to do."
  • "I think the inventory part it should be simplified. There is the GR, or good receipt note, which is the time that the materials comes in, and the work days, etc. There is a lot of shuffling through pages, which creates a lot of problems for our users. They don't know which page to go to, where to create a GR, or where to create a stock entry. In other words, all the information is very daunting. It's very easy for people to understand and get a better clarity over it."

What other advice do I have?

Based on my experience, if your company is expanding on a very high level and already has good growth in it, you could do very well with Oracle. If you want to develop your own project as well, which involves standardized as well as customized forms, that would be another reason to go with Oracle. SAP has their own advantages as well, so I would not say that Oracle is the best platform. You could go with SAP also. It depends which company asks for which ERP software. I would rate this solution as seven out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about PeopleSoft. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.
UshaKatyal
Owner at kaydex systems ltd
A stable system that is good for payroll, HR, and benefits

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for HR, payroll, benefits, time and labor, e-pay, absence management, and position management.

• "Peoplesoft is the best payroll software in the market."
  • "If there is another release, they should look at going to mobile computing to stay competitive."

What other advice do I have?

It's important to know the product, but know the business, it's just as important. Most are going with cloud solutions because they don't want the IT departments. When you go with the cloud, you have to accept it, you can't change it. Anytime there is a change you have to pay for customization and that is very expensive. People should understand the features and the payroll policies to have it work correctly. PeopleSoft had Canadian and US payroll tables in the same table and you have to know or remember to put the correct payroll code. I don't believe in obtaining a license, it's about the…
RA
Independent Peoplesoft Consultant with 11-50 employees
The solution is stable and it is easy to set up and configure

What is our primary use case?

Our clients' primary use case of this solution is for paying their employees.

• "The new version of this solution is very scalable."
  • "There could be more adaptability of the system."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. There could be more adaptability of the system because obviously it's much better now with being able to do your own reports and navigate around, which was not the case in the past. Perhaps the developers can also work on better reporting because I think there is still room for improvement in that area. My advice to others would be to believe in the system. This solution has the potential of making life easier, so it is just a question of adaptation to it. If users are willing to give the system a chance, it should work for them.
LD
Global Manager Information Security at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Scalable and adaptable for finance, manufacturing, service, and sales requirements

What is our primary use case?

For most of PeopleSoft's functionalities, everything is related to finance, to manufacturing, to service, and to sales and sales opportunities. The broad scope for most of the year includes these functionalities.

• "The feature that I have found most valuable is having the sources so that you're able to adapt the product to your needs. That was a big benefit."
  • "The area that could be improved is the upgrade process, it's not the easiest. Oracle stopped supporting our version. So we have to move either to the cloud or work in a non-supported situation. That was certainly a disadvantage. That's also the reason why we decided not to stay with Oracle. Now we are moving to SAP."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would give PeopleSoft an eight. To raise that score they would have to improve the upgrade path to the cloud. The advice I would give to others who are looking into implementing PeopleSoft is to go directly for the cloud product. Don't do it on-prem. Go directly for the cloud product.
MT
Functional Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Core HR function management that is easy to use and has good technical support

What is our primary use case?

This solution is similar to SAP SuccessFactors, and Workday. PeopleSoft HRMS is an ERP software which was one of the leading successful software in North America, in the Canadian Region. We have implemented multiple modules that are the core HR function management, performance management, training, administrative training, access management, global payroll for India, and recruitment.

• "PeopleSoft is easy to understand, where any end user that is logged in can easily navigate through the menus."
  • "It would be helpful for the end-user if the reports were customized. They would be able to select the fields while generating their reports."

What other advice do I have?

There have been a lot of upgrades in the 9.2 version with the UI and implementation of data analytics, HR analytics, the analytics dashboards have been introduced, the mobility, and the ability to use PeopleSoft applications on a mobile device. The features are good but you will have to do cost-data analysis with other modules and if it fits you can go for it. It is a good product to go with. You get all of the features, and anything that you don't get, you can customize. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
ST
Senior Manager, Devops, Infrastructure, Reliability Engineering at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Customizable with a good interface, but is very bad in terms of performance, resilience, and scalability

What is our primary use case?

We use it for financial books. It is used for bookkeeping, accounting, and reporting. It is on-premise, and the next logical step in the journey is to either take it to a public cloud such as GCP or go for SaaS.

• "It is a customizable product. We can customize it based on our needs, which is one of the features that I like about PeopleSoft. As far as financial accounting is concerned, the user interface is very good. You can also configure Chart of Accounts for all performance insights."
  • "Scalability is not there in PeopleSoft. Its performance and resilience are also very bad. When you're trying to stretch it, it breaks. It is not resilient. It is also not stable. It is stable as far as data is concerned, but the infrastructure is not stable."

What other advice do I have?

I am not satisfied with this solution because its performance is not good. Everything Oracle promises is under-delivered. For example, version 12c of Oracle Database promises an in-memory capability feature, and they say that in-memory makes your workload super fast, but we haven't seen that improvement. It is a case of overpromising and under-delivering. It is also very difficult to adopt the features that Oracle keeps releasing. PeopleSoft is certainly very flexible, but we cannot use the new features. I wouldn't recommend this solution because PeopleSoft is now the end of life. There are no…
JB
IT Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Very good HR features, good stability and easy to scale

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution's HCM suite for HR.

• "The customizations allow us to come up with a lot of complex labor rules. In the Philippines, there's a lot of different kinds of rules you need to be in compliance with. The solution offers up a lot of flexibility and customization that is perfect for our region's requirements."
  • "Often support just asks people to install a lot of upgrades. Sometimes they don't really give you clear details as to why you need to upgrade. They just say, "You need to upgrade this because there's a newer image, etc". They never really give you the reason underlying why you are having errors."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant; I've used the solution for five years and have marketed the solution for two years. We handle the private cloud deployment model with Amazon as the cloud provider. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If they offered easier integration, and maybe a broader library of APIs that can be utilized by third-party integrations, I'd rate the solution higher.
See 7 more PeopleSoft Reviews
Download our free PeopleSoft Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.