Perfecto OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Perfecto is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Mobile App Testing Tools. It is most often compared to BrowserStack: Perfecto vs BrowserStack

What is Perfecto?

Perfecto is the leading testing platform for web and mobile apps. Access the cloud for end-to-end testing from anywhere in the world. Test on real mobile devices, VMs, real Macs, and simulators and emulators. Achieve successful test automation of advanced scenarios at scale. Find bugs faster and earlier in the cycle. Robust test failure analysis and false-negative filtering allows you to identify real issues quickly. Automate testing from your CI and synch all your reporting in one place. Fix defects quickly with the industry’s most comprehensive rich test artifacts. Network virtualization and user simulation let you test like your users and reduce the chance of escaped defects. Extend test coverage and fully integrate with your entire toolchain. Perfecto makes continuous testing achievable with features including BDD & codeless automation, parallel test executions & bursting capabilities, open integrations with leading DevOps tools and automation frameworks, CI dashboards, heatmaps, rich artifacts collection, and ML-driven test analytics. See how the world’s leading digital enterprises are achieving more than 90% automation with increased test coverage and drastically-shortened test cycles. For more information about Perfecto, visit www.perfecto.io and follow us on Twitter at @PerfectoMobile

Perfecto is also known as Perfecto Mobile, Perfecto Web.

Download the Mobile App Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Perfecto Customers

Virgin Media, Paychex, Rabobank, R+V, Discover

Perfecto Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Perfecto pricing:
  • "This is an expensive solution compared to others, by 30% to 40%."

Perfecto Reviews

KC
IT Quality Control at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Excellent support, good reporting, and a solid product for mobile testing and web testing

• "The reporting feature is really tough to find in some of the other products that are competitors. Having your CITB type dashboard, where we can see the test results and see recordings of each test that passed or failed, is probably one of the distinguishing aspects of Perfecto."
  • "Its performance should be improved. Anything to speed up the user interface would be a great help. We've had a lot of pain with their migration from a product UI that was based on Adobe Flash to the new product that is based on HTML5. Migrations like that seemed to be very painful and not a real smooth process. We're still sort of recovering from that migration from old technology to new, and we haven't got all the functionality ported over that we used to have on the old UI."

What is our primary use case?

We have a cross-section of mobile devices and web devices, and we use those for browser compatibility and device compatibility testing, as well as functional testing of several apps and websites. So, we have testers that pull up the appropriate device, whether it's an Android or iPhone, and validate that all the functionality of the app or website is working as expected.

It is hosted by Perfecto. They take care of all the hosting.

How has it helped my organization?

Benefit-wise, by being able to share all the devices across 1,000 users, we get a much better cross-section of testing across a wide platform of devices versus having to buy one or two phones for each tester. To be able to share a pool of devices is a huge saving. It is also a huge benefit to be able to test on a wide variety of devices. So, it saves us from having bugs go out that would only be found on, for instance, two versions back of OS or a device that's not real common but is used by our customers. If a Google Nexus 3 is having a certain problem, we're going to find it because we have Perfecto with all different devices.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Its performance should be improved. Anything to speed up the user interface would be a great help. We've had a lot of pain with their migration from a product UI that was based on Adobe Flash to the new product that is based on HTML5. Migrations like that seemed to be very painful and not a real smooth process. We're still sort of recovering from that migration from old technology to new, and we haven't got all the functionality ported over that we used to have on the old UI.

It is sort of unfair to ask, but we don't have SSO right now. So, we're working towards that. If that had been available from day one, it would have been super awesome. Once we get to that point, it would be a whole lot better. There could be some additional administrative tools and reporting tools to get more direct hands-on reporting for usage, user database, and things like that.

I have been using this solution for five years.

I would give it pretty high marks. It doesn't have a hundred percent uptime, but it is pretty good. It would probably rate it a four or a four and a half out of five.

Its scalability is very good. We're a fully agile organization, so most of the users are testers, but we also have developers, product owners, and maybe a handful of business analysts who use it.

It is currently being used extensively. I'm guessing that if and when we renew the contract, we will expand the usage by adding more devices. We're using it a lot through automation, and our automation is increasing. We'll probably end up dedicating some of the mobile devices and web devices to automation.

I commend their tech support. Their support is very efficient, very helpful, and very personalized. They just go above and beyond. I never had any complaints about their tech support. I am definitely satisfied with their support.

I was not involved. It was set up at our company probably six years ago. I've only been here for four and a half years or so. So, I wasn't personally involved with the setup. I had been an administrator for the last four and a half years. So, from an administration standpoint, it seems fairly smooth.

There are four of us who do the admin for Perfecto. Mainly, it is a liaison with Perfecto on a routine basis. We don't do any updates to the software since it is all in their hands. We're paying for software as a service. So, our main duties are adding users, troubleshooting problems that they have on their desktop or mobile devices, and then managing which devices are going into the cradles. I and the team of three others are responsible for those admin duties. Everyone is a tester.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend trying it. Go through the trial period. I would imagine that anyone who does so would compare it favorably to the competition. It may not be the lowest cost product out there, but you get a lot of value from the tech support and from the feature set that is out there.

I would rate it an eight out of 10. It is a great solid product for mobile testing and web testing. It has got great features, and we've utilized pretty much all of them, but it still has some growing pains, and it is a little bit slow to roll out the features that we've requested.

Private Cloud

Other
JR
Prin IT Bus Systems Analyst at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Scales quickly and easily for multiple devices, but web application testing needs improvement

• "One of the good things about Perfecto is the scalability that it provides."
  • "It does well for mobile testing, but when it comes to the web aspect, it is lagging a little bit in terms of execution."

What is our primary use case?

We are application developers and we use Perfecto to ensure that our applications are working on a variety of devices. We have a need to support a broad range of mobile devices, which Perfecto is able to assist with.

What is most valuable?

One of the good things about Perfecto is the scalability that it provides. We are able to quickly scale up the devices. We can choose Android devices, web-based applications, or whatever we need, and we can scale up quickly and easily.

What needs improvement?

We bought this solution because it is supposed to be proficient at both web and mobile testing. It does well for mobile testing, but when it comes to the web aspect, it is lagging a little bit in terms of execution. Specifically, if it is a native app then it does really well. But, with a hybrid, or it is a native mobile web app, it seems to be lagging.

We have been working with Perfecto for approximately two years.

I have not experienced any stability-related issues.

The scalability is very good. We have four to five people using it at the moment, and we have five or six concurrent licenses. At peak, we have five people using it.

There are three or four teams of approximately eight people each who use it, and the time is shared based on their needs. We may expand this in the future but for now, we art set.

I have not interacted directly with their technical support. We have a team that deals with them.

We also use UFT Mobile.

The initial setup seemed to be straightforward.

We used a vendor partner and they completed most of the setup.

The team looked like they have been doing it as part of their service and they were able to complete it pretty quickly.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Perforce, Digital.ai, Micro Focus and others in Mobile App Testing Tools. Updated: September 2021.
540,884 professionals have used our research since 2012.
VG
Regional Head Customer Experience at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Good automated testing, but the price and performance could be better

• "The most valuable feature is automated testing."
  • "We have had some issues with performance, which is something that should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We write applications for mobile devices and we use Perfecto Mobile to test them. We set up automated tests, although we perform manual tests in some cases.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is automated testing.

What needs improvement?

We have had challenges while using this product.

The main problem has to do with OTP. OTP comes on the SIM but there is no SIM card in the cloud, so it makes it a big challenge for us. It is available in development but because we don't have the OTP API exposed, we don't have it in production.

The price of Perfecto Mobile should be lowered.

I have been using Perfecto Mobile for more than a year.

We experience some device hangs, as well as other performance-related issues.

It is not auto-scalable. We have dedicated devices that we use for testing our applications. There is an option for scalability but we aren't using it.

We have had contact with technical support and they are good. We have no issues with them.

The initial setup is not easy because the networking team is in the bank and the network is secure. It took a lot of time to get approval, receive access, and then set it up properly.

We had to engage the Perfecto team to assist with deployment.

This is an expensive solution compared to others, by 30% to 40%.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I would recommend. However, we have complaints about both cost and performance.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

AZ
Responsible for Test Management at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Stable, easy initial setup, and offers coverage of various mobile devices and operating systems

• "The most valuable aspect of the solution is that it covers all types of devices on the market allowing you to test different versions of an operating system."
  • "It would be ideal if there was a complete integration with other test management tools and other applications like HPLM, Micro Focus, or Microsoft Azure."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a mobile testing tool.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I looked at the solution a year ago. I'm not sure what functionalities were lacking or need improvement, but I do find it to be a good tool.

It would be ideal if there was a complete integration with other test management tools and other applications like HPLM, Micro Focus, or Microsoft Azure.

I worked with the solution for one year.

Once we had an open session and during the next entry, we had difficulties re-entering the tool. This only happened once or twice, but no more than that.

The scalability is very easy to handle.

The current version of the solution is very stable, so we've never had to contact technical support.

We use both Perfecto Mobile and Mobile Center. Our customers dictate which tools we use.

The initial setup is easy, especially with the cloud version, which is what we use.

My colleagues handled the setup phase and we had a center dedicated to mobile, but I am unsure if we solicited any outside help.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model.

The solution itself is fairly broad in scope meaning you don't need to implement other solutions.

While Mobile Center is a little difficult to install, Perfecto Mobile is simpler for both setup and training.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten. It's the best tool, but it can still be updated to be even better.

Download our free Mobile App Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Perforce, Digital.ai, Micro Focus, and more!