pfSense Overview

pfSense is the #2 ranked solution in our list of best firewalls. It is most often compared to OPNsense: pfSense vs OPNsense

What is pfSense?
Providing comprehensive network security solutions for the enterprise, large business and SOHO, pfSense solutions bring together the most advanced technology available to make protecting your network easier than ever before. Our products are built on the most reliable platforms and are engineered to provide the highest levels of performance, stability and confidence.
pfSense Buyer's Guide

Download the pfSense Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

pfSense Customers
Nerds On Site Inc., RKC Development Inc., Expertech, Fisher's Technology, Ncisive, Consulting, CPURX, Vaughn's Computer House Calls, Imeretech LLC, Digital Crisis, Carolina Digital Phone, Technigogo Technology Services, The Simple Solution, SwiftecITInc, Rocky Mountain Tech Team, Free Range Geeks, Alaska Computer Geeks, Lark Information Technology, Renaissance Systems Inc., Cutting Edge Computers, Caretech LLC, GoVanguard, Network Touch Ltd, P.C. Solutions.Net, Vision Voice and Data Systems LLC, Montgomery Technologies, Techforce, Concero Networks, ASONInc, CPS Electronics and Consulting, Darkwire.net LLC, IT Specialists, MBS-Net Inc., VOICE1 LLC, Advantage Networking Inc., Powerhouse Systems, Doxa Multimedia Inc., Pro Computer Service, Virtual IT Services, A&J Computers Inc., Envision IT LLC, CommunicaONE Inc., Bone Computer Inc., Amax Engineering Corporation, QPG Ltd. Co., IT 101 Inc., Perfect Cloud Solutions, Applied Technology Group Inc., The Digital Sun Group LLC, Firespring

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

JL
Managing Director at VPN Technologies
Protects our network from attacks

What is our primary use case?

Our primary uses for this solution are as a network firewall and a VPN Server.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped our organization by protecting our network from attacks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the proactive network protection. We also find the following components valuable: pFBlocker Squid SquidGuard Firewall

What needs improvement?

This product needs improvements with respect to reporting and auditing.
CEO at Private

What is our primary use case?

I had an appliance that died six months ago. Then I didn't want that hardware anymore, so I bought two new servers. A single power supply but dual on a network with three times four network cards. On that, I installed the pfSense (Community Edition). From inside to outside, I have about 15 to 20 node servers and users going outside. From outside to inside, I have only three tech support people, myself and two other ones. With regard to clients using the platform from outside to inside, on the servers inside, I have about 1000.

• "I had some outages in the network and we provide services for our company. We sell mobile credits. The terminal gets access to our own server inside the network and if one internet fails, then the other one is still up and we have a back-up link on the devices."
  • "Adjustment in the interfaces: I had to adjust those interfaces manually and of course that is a great feature that you can restore it but it is immediately also one point for improvement. If you don't have to adjust, if it's just stamped and it works, that's great."

What other advice do I have?

I definitely plan to increase using pfSense. I am going for a higher capacity. If power fails or one server dies, or one gateway dies, the other servers will take over seamlessly. That's the ultimate for us. I would definitely rate pfSense an eight and a half out of ten. Definitely eight and a half, not lower, could be a bit higher. Because it's stable, it's good. If the small issues I've mentioned are worked on then I would go to a 10.
Learn what your peers think about pfSense. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.
HT
Founder and MD at Smart Solution
The intrusion detection capabilities work well

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for pfSense is as a firewall. We also use it for intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, website filtering, and quality of service (QoS).

• "My company mainly works in the health and educational domain, schools and universities. I prevent the improper use of content from schools and universities. I defend the medical records for the patients in our hospitals. That is the main use case for me for the firewall."
  • "pfSense is not user-friendly. I hope to have something to make the interfaces more user-friendly."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. I give it this rating because of the rich features available. pfSense is free and I can do everything with it. It works as a firewall for servers also.
Chief Technology Officer at Xpro Networks
Reseller
Compatible with VoIP platform and is easy to understand

What is our primary use case?

We use pfSense as our firewall.

• "We generally use it because it's cheap. When we need something more robust we use Barracuda and Sony Wireless Routers. For certain clients, we use pfSense because it's compatible with the VoIP platform."
  • "I would like to see SD1 integration into the software. That would be fantastic."

What other advice do I have?

Any network engineer will understand how this solution works. It's not so complex to understand and be familiar with. It will require a certain level of networking knowledge to use it but we're at an enterprise level and we're a small-medium business and it works. I would rate it a nine out of ten.
NR
IT Manager & Sr. Application Programmer with 11-50 employees
It allows for both v1 and v2 IPSec configurations to secure your connections

What is our primary use case?

We use this at all of our locations as our edge device, IPSec site-to-site VPN functionality between our offices and our AWS EC2. No matter what is thrown at this, the system handles it like a champ. We have both dedicated hardware and virtualized versions running in our infrastructure. So far we haven't found a reason why we need to spend thousands for an appliance like Cisco ASA when this handles all of our needs.

What other advice do I have?

I strongly recommend giving pfSense a hard look. I've been in IT for 20+ years, and I've run the gambit on other firewalls. pfSense definitely can hold it's own against any of them.
Systems Administrator at AB Edsbyverken
It has good documentation with a fantastic community and enterprise support

What is our primary use case?

* Firewalling * Routing * DHCP * Transparent proxy * DNS cache * VPN, etc.

• "Super easy to manage. Anyone who has been working with firewalls can handle it."
  • "There is good documentation with a fantastic community and enterprise support."
  • "It needs better parsing of logs. At the moment, you have to use an external server for this if you want a deeper analysis."

What other advice do I have?

If you don't have a policy that says "only proprietary software" in your company, there is no reason not to go for pfSense. If you are still in doubt, take the cheap (and excellent) Netgate academy course. It's only for two days, and you will learn how to manage pfSense at a comprehensive level.
RB
Senior Systems Engineer at KeyTrust
User
Perform packet captures on the command line and via the GUI which is useful for diagnosing problems

What is our primary use case?

We only use our pfSense as a stateful packet inspection firewall.  We have around 10 VLAN interfaces with many allow/block policies, VIPs, and NATs.  Running on VMware as a virtual machine.

How has it helped my organization?

The main improvement was we were able to replace our old hardware-based firewall with a virtual machine having HA.

What is most valuable?

The ability to perform packet captures on the command line and via the GUI is useful for diagnosing problems.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see multiple DNS servers running on individual interfaces.  It would be useful to manage firewall policies on a source interface and destination interface basis.

RJ
Senior Systems Administrator at a non-tech company with 51-200 employees
I have not had one issue with it at all, which is amazing

What is our primary use case?

We have mainly been using for our internet workstations.

• "Stability has been excellent. We have experienced no issues; it never fails."
  • "It is not centrally managed, where you log into the website and can see all your services there. We would like to be able to see is all the configurations from a central interface on all our pfSenses."

What other advice do I have?

They need to look at all the communities, comparisons, etc. and read up about the issues and problems people are having with some of the solutions, then see if those problems might be related to what they may be experiencing. Main criteria when selecting a vendor: * How easy is it to learn. * How easy is it to implement.
Owner / Principle Engineer at Cogito Innovations
Powerful, flexible, and intuitive with features that rival many high cost solutions
pfSense has been a perfect fit for my small business needs. It is economical (i.e., free), yet powerful, flexible, and intuitive. Its features rival many of the high cost solutions out there. The GUI could use improvements, though it is manageable.
KV
Network and Office Manager at Belgo Metal CW n.v.
The performance and functionality are good. I can manage it easily by myself.

What is our primary use case?

In the past, we had different locations in different countries, and in every location, we had the same pfSense firewall. Therefore, the connection between our different locations was good and manageable. However, in the last two years, we have had only one location here in Belgium, thus the performance of the pfSense has been good, and we can manage great with the open ports and the closed ports, but now a firewall has to be a little bit more than just that.

• "The initial setup was straightforward, therefore I wanted to continue using the product."
  • "I can manage it easily by myself."
  • "The performance and functionality are good."
  • "A malware blocker should be included. I do not know if it is included yet. However, until now, we have not experienced a large malware invasion."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it. It is manageable and straightforward. It is not so complex. You have to know the different rules, but you can manage it easily. The performance is good.
student at a university with 51-200 employees
User

What is our primary use case?

I have used it in town halls with a number of employees ranging between 40 and 60. I have also used it in educational institutions.

• "Creation of certificates and the facility to administer services are valuable features."
  • "It requires more attention to provide a better alternative for open source to small government or educational institutions with reduced budgets in terms of technology."
Student
User
A good firewall with good performance

What is our primary use case?

For security testing in network functions virtualization (NFV).

How has it helped my organization?

It is a good firewall with good performance.

What is most valuable?

Stateful packet inspection. It works quite well for an open source product.

What needs improvement?

More regular patch updates, because this is very important for a firewall.

Still implementing.
User
Centralized administration with multiple services, which allows for execution in important functionalities of information security

What is our primary use case?

Works with: Routers Firewalls Network address translation (NAT) VPN OpenVPN DHCP Server.

How has it helped my organization?

More control of the access to network resources More control of the security policies Integration with Active Directory Centralized administration

What is most valuable?

Centralized administration with multiple services, which allows for execution in several important functionalities of information security.

What needs improvement?

Services on additional features:  SNMP Network Management  Managing inventory Generating IT reports.

Analista Senior at a tech services company

What is our primary use case?

I use pfSense firewall, especially as an IPSec VPN Server. There are several VPN connections with equipment of various manufacturers at the other end. I use ServerU as hardware instead of an ordinary PC, as most other people usually do.

• "The gain in performance and security from configuring the VPN connections was significant."
  • "It is a stable solution."
  • "My only observation is about the quality of the IPSec logs, which are difficult to interpret and are poor in filters."
CEO with 11-50 employees
User
Improved service performance and availability through redundancy

What is our primary use case?

Firewall and VPN, Internet link balancing, as the proxy was installed on another machine. Used redundant firewall as a cluster.

How has it helped my organization?

Improved service performance and availability through redundancy. The company already had specialists in Linux, which facilitated the project.

What is most valuable?

Ease of monitoring and placement of other packages and functionalities next to the equipment.

What needs improvement?

Improve analysis of logs and dashboards (control panel) with improved alert functionality.

Three to five years.
Specialist in IT Infrastructure, Networks and Software Quality at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
An incomparable stability is achieved with other firewall systems

What is our primary use case?

Firewall system for small, medium, and large data networks. It allows you to provide security to your environment: DMZ networks, LAN, WAN, etc. A very stable product that lasts over time, easy to understand, and administer.

• "An incomparable stability is achieved with other firewall systems."
  • "Firewall system for small, medium, and large data networks. It allows you to provide security to your environment: DMZ networks, LAN, WAN, etc."
  • "A very stable product that lasts over time, easy to understand, and administer."
  • "It is easy to use and has integrity with other systems, such as proxies and quality of service."
  • "It should integrate with LDAP, Active Directory, etc, to improve the way in which the traces and connections of each IP, or user connected through the firewall, are shown."
Owner with 51-200 employees
By installing pfSense and configuring load balancing and limiting bandwidth, we now have a reliable and stable connection.​

What is our primary use case?

Primary we use it for bandwidth limiting and load balancing our ISPs. And Pfsense excels doing that.

• "Routing, load balancing, Traffic Limiter and queues. Since this company relies on an Internet connection, having these features is a must."
  • "Reporting and real-time monitoring, since I'm used to Watchguard's reporting features, it would be nice to have an embedded solution for reporting."

What other advice do I have?

Just go with it, can't go wrong.
Cloud Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees

• "I use pfSense because it gives me the flexibility to greatly expand basic firewall features."
  • "The GUI. There are TONS of plugins for pfSense, as such, if a user wants to add quite a bit of functionality, the GUI will feel a little congested."

What other advice do I have?

It's an amazing product. There really are few issues with pfSense.
IT Systems Engineer at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
The most valuable features are the open VPN capabilities and the firewall service.

What other advice do I have?

The product is flexible, scalable, and has logic in using it. It is easy to integrate and implement into your IT environment.
IT Support Engineer
Users can work offsite through the VPN.

• "The "OpenVPN Client Export" package is really helpful in exporting the VPN client software on most popular devices: iOS/Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, and a handful of SIP handsets."
  • "Network monitoring and device inventory could use some improvements. I'm using SpiceWorks for this because it never really worked in pfSense."

What other advice do I have?

The learning curve is steep, but once you get the basics down, it's very robust and easy to use. There are plenty of resources online about setting it up.
HTS Engineering - Heat Transfer Solutions at a construction company with 201-500 employees
Any new hire straight out of school who has network knowledge is able to operate the software without the complication of a CLI.

What other advice do I have?

If your organization has the budget, go with a paid solution. We've had our days with it and went with a paid solution (another firewall) due to the company growing and we couldn't have any downtime. It would likely cost the company more money with downtime than to purchase a good quality firewall.
Sócio at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Helps us maintain internet access for the company we support.

What is most valuable?

Outbound Load Balance for internet links work great. It's very good to keep internet access for the company we support.

How has it helped my organization?

I could keep my customers working even if they lose one internet link. Most of them have at least two links.

We have been using this for 10 years.

There was a problem when I ran a version update, then the server just stopped working. This was because pfSense (in this case FreeBSD) was no longer supporting the hardware of the server (HPE).

There were no stability issues. If there are issues, they usually stem from a hardware fault.

What do I think

Snr. VOIP Specialist at Digital Globe Services
The GUI is an all in one solution that includes DHCP, VPN, Squid and Firewall. VPN, Captive Portal user-level and MAC-level filtering need to be improved.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend joining the community and ask questions. You should also read the installation and configuration documentation on the website.
IT Director
Most valuable feature is a 50/50 between no licensing and ability to repair a firewall

• "The redundancy and scalability ARE very nice."
  • "The GUI could use more “bells and whistles”. It's got plenty of info for a Sysadmin but some people like shiny things."

What other advice do I have?

Stop googling and head over to pfSense to download the ISO and get started. It will do almost everything the most expensive Cisco device will.
User with 51-200 employees
VPN has allowed me to deploy applications just for the organization and not to public servers.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The ability to create a VPN allows me to monitor branch offices from a central location.

What needs improvement?

A way to clean squid cache from the GUI.

Not at all.
Gérant chez
Easy backup restore, independent platform not linked to a commercial vendor.

What other advice do I have?

The pfSense product is very powerful in layer 3 but you must add some products to match a viable commercial product which generally has all the functions integrated in one hardware system (proxy, antivirus, etc.). For us pfSense is better for layer 3. We use MailCleaner for the mail relay, and Diladele for the web proxy. We like to split the functionalities for security reasons.
Infrastructure Manager at a engineering company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to deploy and easy to use, traffic graphics are excellent.

• "Easy to deploy and easy to use."
  • "Easy to deploy and easy to use."
  • "Perhaps the documentation is not clear and because it is supported in the community there is no basic documentation."
  • "​Perhaps the documentation is not clear and because it is supported in the community there is no basic documentation."

What other advice do I have?

It is worth to enter the world of PFsense is rewarding to belong to an open-minded community that does not hesitate to share their experiences and knowledge
Managing Director at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Setup was straightforward; the interface is self-explanatory. ​We did not like its QoS interface.​

What needs improvement?

We just did not like its QoS interface.

We tested the solution for a very short period (one week), to compare it to Zeroshell. The idea was to decide which one to use. Our main focus was QoS.

No issues to deploy PFSense; it was straight forward.

PFSense sounded like the de-facto standard for simple SOHO solutions. We just did not like its QoS interface. For us, it seemed very "rigid" compared to Zeroshell. So we went back to Zeroshell because we considered that its QoS interface had much more flexibility and its latest version now even included nDPI too.

Initial setup was…
Help desk Support Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 501-1,000 employees
The web UI gives you an overview of everything you want to see​.

What other advice do I have?

Proper planning is necessary in order to select the right hardware and configuration required (rules, services etc.).
Head of Operations at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
There's no expensive licensing costs, which helps us save money.

Valuable Features:

Flexibility is the most valuable feature for us.

Improvements to My Organization:

There's no expensive licensing costs, which helps us save money. Also, its capacity and functionalities are great for our needs.

Room for Improvement:

Whenever a new version rolls out, there are hidden bugs. That's why we normally run a version behind for a little while before rolling into the current build.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

We've had no issues with stability.
System Administrator at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
The load-balancer function support multiple servers, load balancing two gateways on the same tier. However, the firewall could be improved.
IT Specialist at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Installation is relatively simple and acts as our main firewall and router with professional functions, but you need to have the right hardware setup as well.

What other advice do I have?

For professional use, I advise using two computers with three NICs Why 2 computers??? To create a HA cluster. You will need 3 WAN IP addresses, 3 LAN IP addresses, and a quite simple NIC configuration: 1st NIC use to WAN connection (CARP) 2nd NIC use to heartbeat and sync between two pfSense 3rd NIC use to LAN connection (CARP) For more details ask Google :)
System Administrator at a media company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's stable and features load balancing, although we've rebooted once in six months.

What is most valuable?

Snort CARP Load balancing VPN

How has it helped my organization?

Reduced the cost of our firewall solution Enhanced throughput compared with similar priced devices Stability Reliability

What needs improvement?

I'm no expert on this subject, and the OS performs all that is required.

I've used it for over one year.

No issues encountered.

We've only had to do one reboot in six months.

None as yet, because the solution hasn't reached capacity yet.

I'm yet to use the official tech support as…
Network Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It supports multiple ISP's, making it good for implementation, but it doesn't allow FTP.

Valuable Features

This product supports multiple ISP's, so it's good for implementation.

Improvements to My Organization

It's made us more productive.

Room for Improvement

FTP was not allowed, and it didn't indicate during set up whether FTP was to be allowed or disabled.

Use of Solution

I've used it for about one year.

The stability is good.

The stability is good.

The technical support is good.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's free.

Other Advice

All the other features are good, and with it being free, it is very attractive to the users.
Network and Transmission Engineer at a tech services company
We've found multiple features, such as multi-WAN capability and dynamic DNS, valuable, but the load balancing of multiple networks could be improved.
Senior System Administrator at a government with 501-1,000 employees
Kernel support for laptop features need to be updated, but it offers true processor power at low energy cost.

What other advice do I have?

If you are unsure, do a labtest before you implement it. If you are still stuck on the traditional "stoneage" products, you may get amazing results.
Professional Internship - System Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It's simple and easy to understand to begin using.

Valuable Features:

It's easy to access and configure in general.  As for features, the firewall and security  options were valuable.  These are valuable because I like simple things that are easy to work with, as too much difficulty or too much constraint is not good, and boring.

Improvements to My Organization:

It provided us with better security.

Use of Solution:

I used it for two months.

Deployment Issues:

Stability Issues:

Scalability Issues:

There were no issues during the time I used it.

It was straightforward because it's simple and easy to understand to begin using. …
Senior IT Architect at a university with 5,001-10,000 employees
Unfortunately, my experience with pfSense hasn’t been so good. Operational-wise it's fine but I've had issues with firmware upgrades.
I must be getting quite comfortable with upgrading pfSense. I just finished an upgrade from 2.2 to 2.2.1, and only midway remembered that I hadn’t done a config export and backup. Just the last upgrade exercise, I was still very paranoid about something that might go wrong. I would set aside time for the upgrade, make backups, and cross my fingers. This should have been the way, always, that firmware, or device software, get upgraded. You just do it, and it should just work. The upgrade process should test that everything is good to go, and let you know if anything is amiss, before commencing the upgrade. In the unlikely event that something does go wrong after starting the upgrade, there should be some automatic rollback, returning the system to its original state, leaving the…
IT Chief at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees

What is most valuable?

Load balancer Multi-WAN

How has it helped my organization?

Network security and speed have both improved.

I've been using it since 2010. I have used both the free version (5/10) and as a gold member (9/10).

No issues encountered.

When they make an update available, the problem is that pfSense service packages are not updated, it's just the OS. The pfSense OS is stable, but if the service packages are not updated to their new version when the OS is updated, we can't use those features.

No issues encountered.

How are customer service and

CEO & Founder at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It was very straightforward to implement but the RadiusServer needs to be improved.

What is most valuable?

Captive Portal  DHCP

How has it helped my organization?

pfSense made my life easier for controlling users and their bandwidth. My internet is not misused anymore.

What needs improvement?

RadiusServer needs some work done.

I've been using it for five years.

I've never had any problems.

Yes I did.

Since it's open source, the only support is available in public forums.

I used different routers, but because I wasn’t…
IT Executive cum ICT Consultant at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Remote users may access it on a local network via VPN but an improvement can be made to the user friendliness of the interface.

What other advice do I have?

pfSense is good for a company that is looking for a solution with a reasonable cost for implementation.
System Administrator at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It uses less resources than a physical machine but the beta versions of some packages have issues.
Responsable IT & RMQ at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Having a customizable, large dashboard would be good, however, it is very straightforward for a beginner to set up.

What other advice do I have?

Don't install pfSense on a machine with only the minimal recommended hardware configuration, but on a better machine.
Senior Technology Consultant Cosmocall/Microsoft at a tech services company
There aren't any deployment issues unless there are some complex configurations.
Network Engineer at TLCWEB S.R.L.
Sometimes updates can mess up the running configuration but it is a powerful tool.

What other advice do I have?

Test, test, test and...test! It's powerful but only with testing will you realize what you need.
IT Administrator at Sharif Medical City
It's got a fabulous web interface but lacking in VPN abilities.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that you use and implement this product. I say that because it is open source, has a low hardware cost, its fabulous web interface, the backup and restore feature, the pass through MAC, and many other features etc.
IT Administrator at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The product is stable although there were some small problems with setting up the modules.

What is most valuable?

Firewall rules  Modules, e.g. Squid

How has it helped my organization?

It was very useful for our DHCP network (guests) and web browsing filtering.

What needs improvement?

I think the product has improved greatly, so I actually don't know.

I've used it for one year.

No, it's very easy to deploy.

Absolutely not, as the product is stable like a rock.

No need to scale in.

We've used the community version.

Which

Systems Engineer II at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The product offers many additional functions except the ability to manage it from a mobile platform, which would be good to add.

What other advice do I have?

Plan, research and test certain features and configurations in a lab environment first.
Corporate Trainer / Systems Administrator at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
It has the ability to do what other firewalls seem to fail at however, some of the available plug-ins that work very well on older pfSense versions, actually break the newer ones.

What other advice do I have?

If you want reliable, highly-customizable, and rock solid firewall, do not hesitate for one second to install/purchase this product.
IT Support Specialist at Tech Solutions
It has provided us with a low cost security solution but their testing prior to deployment needs to be improved.

What other advice do I have?

Become familiar with the router before implementing it at customer sites. Realize that basic features require a basic amount of hardware. Advanced features require more RAM and if using an SSD, use the embedded installer to reduce wear and tear on your drive. I would recommend having the following hardware as a minimum: * At least 8GB for storage * 256MB+ RAM * A dual core 1.8Ghz CPU for single typical Internet connection * The faster the internet connection, a faster CPU and more RAM are required * If you run Snort and Squid it is recommended you have between 4GB to 8GB of RAM
Technical Program Manager at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Straightforward set-up but it does require some technical expertise to do it.

What is most valuable?

Free Open source Robust Strong community support Strong author support

How has it helped my organization?

Critical network infrastructure has improved.

I've used it for two years.

I've also used Untangle and Sophos firewalls

Straightforward, but it requires some technical expertise and tweaking.

We implemented it entirely in-house.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure the implementer has programming experience.
Manager IT at a energy/utilities company with 501-1,000 employees
The proxy filtering is valuable except for blocking HTTPS which it can't do.

What other advice do I have?

It is recommended, as it is a stable product.
Network Admin at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
The product is missing a graphic report implementation tool but performance, scalability and customization are valuable
Product Categories
Firewalls
Download our free pfSense Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.