PingID OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

PingID is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Authentication Systems. It is most often compared to Symantec Siteminder: PingID vs Symantec Siteminder

What is PingID?
IDENTITY DEFINED SECURITY PLATFORM delivers a unified, standards-based platform that can be deployed as SaaS, software or both and can scale to handle millions of identities. From multi-factor authentication and single sign-on to access security, directory and data governance, our capabilities work together to give employees, partners and customers secure access to cloud, mobile and enterprise applications, securing and streamlined everything from sign-on to sign-off and everywhere in between.

PingID is also known as Ping Identity.

Download the Authentication Systems Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

PingID Customers
Equinix, Land O'Lakes, CDPHP, Box, International SOS, Opower, VSP, Chevron, Truist, Academy of Art University, Northern Air Cargo, Repsol
PingID Video

PingID Reviews

Ppp_Ppp
Regional IT Application Owner at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Stable, popular with customers, and has a good mobile application

• "It's pretty stable as a product."
  • "The timing of the token validity, if it could be extended, would be great. I'm not sure if there is even an option to configure these types of settings."

What is our primary use case?

We have integrated PingID with different applications. Mainly the internet-facing applications.

What is most valuable?

PingID is very good.

It's pretty stable as a product.

We've never faced any issues, at least with the data applications integration.

The customers really like it.

The mobile application is very good.

What needs improvement?

Many times when we are authenticating, we'd like the freedom to set the time. Maybe it needs to be slightly longer. I understand that this is work based on the token exchange and so on. The timing of the token validity, if it could be extended, would be great. I'm not sure if there is even an option to configure these types of settings.

Before we can authenticate it, it ends up in an error. And then we'll have to create everything all over again, in terms of launching the application.

I'm not sure if the experience on the desktop is good or not. I've heard some feedback that it's not that good. It's better to use it on mobile. Perhaps the user experience on the desktop Ping application could be improved. I haven't used it personally. I just heard from my colleagues about some experience with that.

I have probably been working with the solution for about two years or so.

The stability is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

Almost everyone is working on the solution. It's used company-wide. All these people consume this application, however, it's really a central team who does the provisioning of the services to the entire organization.

I've never reached out for technical support due to the fact that we have an internal team here in Germany. They are providing this as a service to the other regions a well. We haven't needed the assistance of the product's technical support.

We also use Symantec SiteMinder. We are using both, however, we will completely switch to PingID in the future.

I can't speak to the initial setup process. In terms of maintenance, the number of people needed depends on the central team's capability or capacity.

We don't directly deal with the licenses. It's basically purchased by the central team and we are just consuming it through the common APIs. I really couldn't comment on the pricing at the moment.

We are considering switching to other products. Therefore, we're looking to evaluate other options. We are looking to have a seamless single sign-on and federated authentication.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and an end-user.

Currently, the solution fulfills the use cases that we currently have. That's pretty much it. I'm not sure about the configuration or on the infrastructure side. Maybe the team who does this infrastructure setup would have better insights. However, overall, it's a pretty seamless experience, I would say.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

BD
Service Delivery Manager at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
A very sound product that's stable and offers good technical support

• "The soundness of the solution is its most valuable feature. For example, if you are in our corporate network, you can log on without any traffic interfering."
  • "If the solution is going to compete with Microsoft, they need to offer more unique functionality to keep their current user base."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as software for some of the applications.

How has it helped my organization?

The main reason why we use this product is to make sure that we can use our corporate account to log on to applications in the cloud. From that perspective, it helps us in our account life-cycle management. If somebody is leaving the company, for example, that account will be automatically deleted, which saves time.

What is most valuable?

The soundness of the solution is its most valuable feature. For example, if you are in our corporate network, you can log on without any traffic interfering.

What needs improvement?

The administrative aspects of the solution could be more granular.

I've been using the solution since 2015.

The solution is stable. The main thing we had in the past was data center issues before we migrated to MES, but the product itself is very stable.

The scalability of the product could be improved, especially in terms of configuration. We have about 140,000 users on the solution. Everyone in the company is currently using it.

Technical support is good. There has been no negative feedback from my team.

We previously used a solution called Sidewinder. We switched because we felt this solution was technically better.

The solution's initial setup has a moderate level of difficulty. Coming from another solution, we had a bit of a challenge making applications compatible. Full deployment took one year as we had to migrate our many applications.

We managed the setup ourselves, with the assistance of a system integrator. They were very helpful and did a good job.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

I'd warn that a company integrating the solution should keep in mind that if they have a lot of applications, the implementation will get complex.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Ping Identity, RSA, Microsoft and others in Authentication Systems. Updated: October 2021.
540,884 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RS
CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Offers good support for multi-factor authentication

• "The solution is stable. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches."
  • "The solution should allow for better integration with other platforms and the UBT."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for access to cloud applications.

What is most valuable?

The support for multi-factor authentication from different sources is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to offer stronger support for the password-less authentication.

I've been using the solution for less than a year.

The solution is stable. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches.

The scalability is good. It's been able to provide us with enough scalability for our needs. We have about 100 users on the solution currently.

We've been in touch with technical support and have been satisfied with their services so far.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Our team handled the deployment internally.

We pay a licensing fee to Ping on a yearly basis. We don't have to pay an extra fee for technical support.

Before choosing Ping, we evaluated Okta.

What other advice do I have?

We use a hybrid deployment model and are using the latest version of Ping.

It's being used quite extensively in our organization, although I'm unsure as to if we have plans to increase usage.

If someone is looking for a solution that works both for on-prem or hybrid, I strongly recommend opting for the cloud. It's a simple implementation and the solution is quite interesting. There are a lot of integrations. The on-prem is not very easy to implement in comparison to the cloud but it's very good, and, for organizations with on-premise requirements, it's bound to be one of the top choices.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Product Categories
Authentication Systems
Download our free Authentication Systems Report and find out what your peers are saying about Ping Identity, RSA, Microsoft, and more!