TH
Program Manager at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reports and dashboards allow us to have more flexibility but it is lacking the ability to edit items in bulk and save drafts

• "PPM Pro is really great at the portfolio level like seeing what projects are in flight versus complete, or maybe not started. The portfolio level view is good for stage-gate management specifically."
  • "It takes more time than it should to create a new project because we can't bulk edit things very easily. That is definitely an area that has room for improvement."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is for research and development projects.

How has it helped my organization?

PPM Pro is really great at the portfolio level like seeing what projects are in flight versus complete, or maybe not started. The portfolio level view is good for stage-gate management specifically.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

• Projects
  • Portfolios
  • Reports
  • Dashboards

We track all of our development projects in the system so it's good to have visibility across multiple projects instead of just having Microsoft projects being used on local computers. And then the reports and dashboards allow us to have more flexibility or more consolidated views for different types of users.

It enables us to create reusable project templates that reflect our project management life cycle. It has made our project management process a lot less manual.

PPM Pro is good for viewing projects and timelines. You can see a Gantt Chart, but again, there's no visual, so we have to export the project and get a visual or use an office timeline or other forms of a timeline visual. That's a really manual process.

To an extent, it provides managers the insight they need to empower decision-making. The lack of robust resource planning is not good and that's difficult to manage.

It has helped to reduce project delays by roughly one to three months.

It doesn't help us to increase the number of projects in my company but that's not a bad thing because we were doing too many before.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have the ability to edit items in bulk and save drafts. It's one or nothing. You can't save drafts.

Another area of improvement is the system's slow for projects with more than 600 line items.

There is also no timeline visual, it's only a Gantt Chart.

Resource management and planning are difficult at the headcount level. In the next release, I would like to have better scenario planning for resources and portfolios.

The process for building a team within a project is manual and difficult. The system doesn't provide recommendations. Creating a new project can take a week.

I also find their task management features to be poor because we don't have the ability to bulk edit or scenario plan. You can't save drafts. The spreadsheet editor doesn't allow you to edit all of the fields, only a subset of fields. And the spreadsheet editor is the recommended workaround solution, but it's not robust.

I have been using Planview PPM Pro for about two and a half years.

Stability is not great. We often find a lot of issues and the timeframe for issue resolution is longer than is ideal or to be expected.

I am neutral about the scalability. That's not something we really have spent too much time diving into.

I would rate their technical support a six out of ten. It's slow. Oftentimes it would be faster to just speak with somebody in the technical team, not an account manager. I would give their technical team an eight out of ten.

The initial setup was straightforward. We had a really good implementation team but unfortunately, our account manager who started with us is no longer with Planview.

It was really fast, it took around a month. We had a full project plan for it that we worked with Planview on creating.

Three hundred people in our company work on PPM Pro. You could call them the development team, project managers, portfolio managers, executive leadership managers, and cross-functional teams. It's just myself and a partner who work on the maintenance.

In terms of the number of projects that we use PPM Pro for, it's adapted 70% and we do have plans to increase usage.

I have seen ROI but I don't know the amount.

We also looked at CA Technologies and Daptiv.

The fully integrated solution that PPM Pro said they had between PPM Pro and Projectplace was not a true statement after implementation. So we've been working with them on making that happen. Other platforms were very stale and out of date. The visuals that we were shown for PPM Pro were actually, Enterprise One, not PPM Pro, so that was a bit misleading.

We also use Microsoft solutions for project management. They are doing far better than Planview is doing right now.

For individual projects, I would give a nine out of 10 for Microsoft versus Planview being a six or seven out of 10. And then for portfolio analysis, it doesn't really provide much of an option there. Planview has got that, PPM Pro is better in that regard.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to know your business case and make sure you test that in the sandbox environment.

The biggest lesson I have learned is that the current editing capabilities and the task list are really difficult and arduous and that it's much easier to build out a project plan in Microsoft Project first and then upload it once it's completely finalized. So it's not really somewhere to build a project.

I would rate Planview PPM Pro a six out of ten.

GabrielMorales
VP of PMO at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Attentive customer service

• "Daptiv is a project management tool, so it's pretty straightforward. The ability to manage projects and programs has been beneficial for us."
  • "The resource management tab is clunky, inefficient, and slow. And from a portfolio manager perspective, it would be nice if there were an easier way to view enterprise-wide resourcing to manage my team more effectively."

What is our primary use case?

We're using Daptiv for project portfolio management.

How has it helped my organization?

The company finally has software to track projects. We didn't have that before that. So now we're able to measure and track our projects at a portfolio level. It has substantially improved our ability to meet deadlines.

What is most valuable?

Daptiv is a project management tool, so it's pretty straightforward. The ability to manage projects and programs has been beneficial for us.

What needs improvement?

The resource management tab is clunky, inefficient, and slow. And from a portfolio manager perspective, it would be nice if there were an easier way to view enterprise-wide resourcing to manage my team more effectively. Still, looking into other teams, I had to build my own tools.

The company has been using Daptiv for about two years, but I've only been with the company for a little over a year.

I think Daptiv is a stable platform. We've had some performance issues every once in a while but nothing noteworthy.

We're a small outfit. We don't have a lot of people logging in at once, so I don't think we're a good use case for that. Our entire IT department has fewer than 200 people, and I'd say we have like 30 people tops in the system. They're resource managers for the most part. I've got six project managers that are in there regularly. Then there are other people who are not within the PMO doing some project management. They go in and do some updates maybe once a week. It's very few people, and it's mostly my team that's using the platform. So it's a tiny group who are heavy users. We're constantly trying to get people to log in. It's not that extensive, but I'd like to try and make it as extensive as possible.

Our Daptiv admin mostly handles support, so I haven't had much personal experience with that. However, I will say that we've had a good relationship with Planview customer service. I heard it was somewhat of a disaster before we got a dedicated customer service representative. Our client manager has been great. I don't know who her predecessors were, but my predecessor was on the verge of trying to switch solutions. That's how bad it was. So I've had an extremely good experience.

Daptiv was deployed before I joined the company, so I don't know anything about the installation. As far as maintenance goes, we have one person who is our data analyst and Daptiv administrator, but outside of that, we don't require anyone else to maintain the solution. Since it is SaaS, we only have to do a few housekeeping tasks on our end, such as people management and resource management. For instance, adding or removing user accounts when people join or leave the company. Other than that, there is just a yearly project cleanup maintenance.

Our current license is from 2019 to 2022. So for that three-year subscription, it was $60,000 for the subscription, users, platform, and connections. Then there were some add-ons. Connecting to some of our other systems like HR for that period cost us around $12,000. And then for customer service, we paid $18,000 for three years, so $6,000 a year. There were also some additional fees, including $35 annually for portfolio management and $60 for the license renewal.

What other advice do I have?

I'd give Daptiv an eight out of 10. So much of your relationship with your partners is through your client partner, and ours has been fantastic. The sales guy who is assigned to me has also been extremely helpful. Their customer service is great, and the project management tool itself is helpful.

I had previously been doing a lot of this stuff manually. When I was a consultant, I used Excel on a project-to-project basis. This is the first time I've used a project management tool since 2009, when I used HP's solution. God only knows who owns that now. So I think it's a good tool. I like it. And Planview listens. They're trying to move forward. My concern is now that another company has acquired Daptiv, will I have to move to another solution sooner than later?

For anyone thinking about implementing Daptiv, I would say don't make the mistakes this company has made. There's no need to customize anything. Keep your customizations to a minimum if it's nothing new. I can't emphasize that enough. The less customization, the better.

The company can only help me so much because of the customization they did. Just don't customize. Customize only if it's absolutely something you'll need in the future. Don't look into the past. Because I wasn't here for the implementation, I really can't complain about the implementation partner or the tool's limitations. However, I'm kind of hamstrung with all these customizations.

I would also suggest enabling the tracking of actuals. For someone ungodly reason, my predecessor and her boss decided not to turn on the tracking of actuals, and it's the bane of my existence. It means flying blind as to what people are actually working on versus just estimates.

Learn what your peers think about Planview PPM Pro. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
VC
Sr R&D Manager at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Ensures people are aligned on what they're supposed to do

• "It gave us a clarity of purpose. Everybody knows what they are doing and that they are all aligned: Managers know what employees are doing. Employees know what they are doing and the managers think they should be doing. That is the clarity which really helps in efficiency."
  • "We found that sometimes when they have monthly rollouts that there might be some unintended consequences."

What is our primary use case?

We have been using the tool for portfolio management with the resource allocation piece being a big part of it. We are using it to generate data to try and get a real-time report out of all the information needed to prepare for our quarterly reviews, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

It gave us a clarity of purpose. Everybody knows what they are doing and that they are all aligned:

• Managers know what employees are doing.
  • Employees know what they are doing and the managers think they should be doing.

That is the clarity which really helps in efficiency.

When you look at your organization, and what everybody is working on, you now know what capacity you have to take more things on.

The biggest impact was making sure that people were aligned on what they're supposed to do. This has really helped us because we're all going in the same direction and we know it.

What is most valuable?

It makes clear what people are working on. It is not just for managers but it is also for the people themselves. They are able to see and say, "I am on this project, and it's official. My manager knows it. Everybody knows it." That helps them with their motivation.

What needs improvement?

Anyone can go in and jerry-rig it. We would like the tool to be more locked down.

I have been work with Planview PPM Pro for about two years.

We found that sometimes when they have monthly rollouts that there might be some unintended consequences. However, the program is so flexible that sometimes we're not sure if the issue is because of the rollout or because we did something wrong.

It should grow with us for now.

I don't interact with the technical support of Planview that much. We have our own IT department. Usually, we interact with them first. Then, if they have issues, they contact Planview.

We were using something called PDWare. People hated it. Then, we had a team that went out and looked at the other things out there. I'm not sure of all the things that they considered but when they showed us what PPM Pro could do, it was such a big difference from what PDWare was doing, we said, "Let's give that a try."

Before we started using a tool like this to track what people are assigned to, we would have people who the managers thought should be on certain projects but they apparently had never heard of them. They didn't know they were on those projects and they would be working on some other projects that they thought they were supposed to do. The managers were like, "No, you're supposed to be on this one." So, there was a lot of miscommunication going on.

Now, everything is clear. They can go through the tool, look at it, and go, "I'm on this one." Or, if they see something that they don't agree with, they say, "Hey, I thought you told me..." and then at least those conversations are happening and clears things up.

The setup is pretty straightforward.

With upgrades, we have had Planview come in and talk about what they're thinking about with the new features coming in. Some of them we see that there is a use for them. Others, we are not at a stage to really see the usefulness of them.

I would rate it at about eight (out of 10) only because we've been using it for two years but there have been some growing pains as we are learning how to use it and getting the team adopted. I definitely see that adoption has happened and people like what they're seeing. However, I also see some areas where they could make it stronger.

Some of the things that we are looking at seem to be maybe in Enterprise One. So, a lot of the talks are now on Enterprise One. We are saying, "Oh wow, they are pretty similar." Then, we start to talk with people, and they're like, "Yeah, we can do this there." So, we should maybe be looking at what the differences are and what exactly they can do

What other advice do I have?

We are not using Projectplace. We have been using JIRA. A lot of our technical teams is still using JIRA and most of the type of stuff is happening in JIRA, then we do a lot of the PMO stuff on PPM Pro.

ManishSrivastana
Project Manager at New Orleans Convention Center
We have created canned reports with dynamic data resulting in huge transparency. The reporting and performance need improvement.

• "In my current company, it provides a quicker ramp up to understand what it can do for people by taking away all their barriers to entry: time, managing resources, and linking projects."
  • "I would like to see integration with third-party applications, like the JIRA, Microsoft Project, and financial applications."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for managing all our products and programs, along with resource management. That is a key. Those are the two main reason: resource management and project management.

How has it helped my organization?

In my current company, it provides a quicker ramp up to understand what it can do for people by taking away all their barriers to entry: time, managing resources, and linking projects. It's made it so easy that people no longer say, "I don't want to do this because..." Other than "because", there is nothing else for them to say.

It is slowly maturing the company in the project management space by:

• Understanding the value of the project management as a function.
  • The data that comes in and the structure that it provides.
  • The predictability that it's providing.
  • The transparency in terms of the analytics.

It is adding to the maturity journey that the company is going through.

From an IT perspective, it has transformed the IT strategy. From an overall business strategy, we are not yet connected there. That's influence we are trying to get. We want to get those things connected.

We are planning start using the lean/agile process, especially on the business side, because they're into waterfall. We are trying to get into agile. We have done a lot of iterative development or fast track development. The issue is not from the IT space. We are trying to more to the business processes.

We're still using it in a sandbox area.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility is amazing. It is UI driven.

What needs improvement?

I would like them to improve the reporting and tying in the strategy more easily. Planview has already made some updates, so I'm trying to learn what those features are.

I would also like to see integration with third-party applications, like the JIRA, Microsoft Project, and financial applications. That is where we get our data. We want to look into these integrations, but I don't think these are there today, but I can see those things down the roadmap.

I've been using it from its initial days of Innotas, so it's been five years.

I don't directly deal with the technical support because I'm a super users.

We have an admin team for PPM Pro. They are the ones who use the technical support. From what I've heard so far, they open tickets and get good feedback very quickly. We have a dedicated customer rep, Katie, who works with us and addresses all our concerns. So far, so good.

This is the third company that I have used the solution in. I was the one who was instrumental in managing the tool at the previous two companies.

Because it's cloud-based, it's behind the scenes. The setup is pretty seamless since it is done in a sandbox. From a user point of view, we don't feel it at all.

The biggest ROI is the adoption of the tool in the company, not just by the worker bees, but also by the senior leadership. Now you have access to the data at the tip of your finger. It's dynamic data. They don't need to wait on anything. There are all types of the canned reports that we have created and anybody can access the data. There is this huge transparency.

Microsoft project is always out there. Project Server was horrendous. However, for the desktop, a lot of people prefer Microsoft Project for managing their project tasks.

The PPM Pro tool is where the portfolio program management and the milestone plan of the PM is done, but the detail project plan is still maintained by our PMs in the Microsoft project.

What other advice do I have?

The product has grown a lot in terms of the resource management, what-if analysis, and now, in terms of the intake process. I've also seen a lot of Spigit. Planview is now able to integrate with other things that they offer on their platform.

I would rate it a seven out of ten. There is room for improvement but they have come a long way. It's quick to use, but the performance is still sometimes slow because of the cloud or whatever the reason. The reporting also needs improvement. Outside that, I'm pretty good.

AnthonyWeisse
Senior Project Manager at Husch Blackwell
We have a single picture of all our IT projects

• "It is flexible, because so far we haven't been able to figure out anything that it cannot do. It's highly configurable. We've added custom field design screens to fit our needs, develop reports, and dashboards that give us the ability to deliver much better information, especially to senior IT management."
  • "Connecting funding and strategic outcomes with work execution is a challenge right now for us. Part of what we are facing is we have a couple of drivers of where projects are coming from. One of them is our innovation group. They are just sort of tangentially using PPM Pro for recording the status of projects and not really planning them within there. We need a stronger link between our current financial reporting system and Planview PPM Pro, so we can start to more easily record our external costs in the tool."

What is our primary use case?

It is primarily to manage IT projects. The focus right now is spent on timekeeping in IT, seeing the value-add for the IT department in the projects that they deliver to the law firm.

It's primarily me for the planning side of it.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our organization because the one thing that we never had before was a single picture of all our IT projects going on. Each group within IT, like operations and knowledge management systems, all had their own list of projects. Now, for the first time, we can deliver to our organization a consolidated list of what we're working on. The portfolio management has been outstanding for us.

I feel like the pace of project delivery hasn't changed much, but being able to explain where we are and the status of our projects has definitely improved since the IT department is delivering projects for a number of other business units within the firm. Primarily, this has been only used within IT at this point. We want to prove the platform, then see where we can push it into the organization further.

What is most valuable?

It is flexible, because so far we haven't been able to figure out anything that it cannot do. It's highly configurable. We've added custom field design screens to fit our needs, develop reports, and dashboards that give us the ability to deliver much better information, especially to senior IT management.

What needs improvement?

Connecting funding and strategic outcomes with work execution is a challenge right now for us. Part of what we are facing is we have a couple of drivers of where projects are coming from. One of them is our innovation group. They are just sort of tangentially using PPM Pro for recording the status of projects and not really planning them within there. We need a stronger link between our current financial reporting system and Planview PPM Pro, so we can start to more easily record our external costs in the tool.

There may be Planview products that already fill this niche. I would like a better collaboration platform with a better view at the individual level of, "What do I have to do today?" Some of the Kanban card tools and things like that are definitely next in line for us.

It has more of a classic UI instead of a more modern looking user interface. Especially IT guys are like, "How come I can't just drag my tasks from one column to another column?" We're just using PPM Pro and some of the other products may carry this. We are at Horizons to take a look at Planview's other stuff.

We started implementation about this time last year. Our go live was February 1, 2019.

It has been very stable.

The tool can growth with us.

We've only had a few instances where we contacted technical support. The experience has been excellent.

We were using a blend of products. We're using a Microsoft Project, Microsoft Planner, and Microsoft Teams. There was nothing that tied them altogether. We looked at trying to implement some integration tools. They worked, but you're on your own with trying to keep that all running.

So, instead of managing our project portfolio, we are managing the process. This is a much better tool for that.

I thought the setup was quite straightforward. We worked on the implementation for three to four months. One thing that was very challenging is we are really new to project management in the organization. This was not only just putting in a platform to manage projects, it was sort of instilling project management principles throughout the organization. Our implementation manager helped with a lot of those questions too.

We tried other tools, like Microsoft Project, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Planner. What I like about PPM Pro is it puts all of those tools together into one integrated platform. So, you have a good overview of what is going on in the project space of your organization.

What other advice do I have?

It is a solid eight out of 10.

We do not use PPM Pro with Projectplace.

KrishnaMohandos
Director PMO at Sephora USA
Helps make good decisions on what projects to take or how to prioritize them, but we have had ups and downs with the support

• "It has helped us make good decisions in terms of what projects to take or how to prioritize projects when we have multiple directors from the business or product. It has definitely helped us prioritize and work on our critical things."
  • "We don't use their existing dashboard functionality. Hopefully, with the new reporting release that is coming out in November, we will be able to evaluate as to how we can leverage that. What I hear, "Everyone has either a Tableau or something else because Planview doesn't provide a dashboard." We should not need to use another tool. Planview has the data, so it should be able to give us what we want. This would also reduce costs since we are paying licenses for those tools too."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is resource demand capacity planning.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us make good decisions in terms of what projects to take or how to prioritize projects when we have multiple directors from the business or product. It has definitely helped us prioritize and work on our critical things.

The biggest impact from Planview has been prioritization, planning, and taking on the right things.

What is most valuable?

I like the resource demand capacity planning module. I don't think we are using it to the fullest potential yet. There is a lot more benefit that we can get if we use it right. I have seen the dial features, which are quick. There are capabilities within the tool that give it a quick read on how the teams are loaded, and we still haven't used them to that extent.

Day-to-day, once we understand what to do, it's very easy to use it.

Three years.

It is definitely stable. I haven't seen any major issues.

We haven't had scalability issues too because we don't have that many entries in regards to performance and scalability testing so far.

We have had both ups and downs with the support. We have been with Planview for three years. We have the new department that is just implementing Planview. They have been complaining about the support that Planview has provided for them with respect to their implementation. So far, our department hasn't ran into any issues. That's why there have been both ups and downs.

It was pretty straightforward. There is a lot of work to do in terms of setting it up the first time, but once setup, it runs smoothly.

We are implementing Planview for another department right now.

While it has been helpful, we are not taking advantage of the tool as much as we should be.

I was talking to the Planview Chief Marketing Officer earlier about trying to see if there were opportunities where we could pilot this, even if that means getting some licenses that we can use to pilot and show the value before we actually purchase those licenses.

The top contender was CA Clarity versus Planview. We went with Planview because Planview had a lot more flexibility than Clarity.

Most of the attributes are configurable. We can change it to our own needs, which I didn't see with some of the other tools that I evaluated before starting Planview.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it at somewhere around a seven out of 10. We haven't used some of the functionalities, so that is where I'm not going too low on the rating. It definitely serves the purpose of what we wanted it to do in terms of resource demand capacity. However, we are still not able to use the dashboard, which we will get onboard. Now, within my team, I have 18 project managers creating dashboards every week. That's almost 18 hours per week, then multiply that by a number of weeks. That's where I am reducing the rating for Planview right now. I'm hoping that will change with the dashboard release. We'll wait to see.

We don't use Planview for strategy planning. We could use the tool a lot more, and that's my takeaway from the Horizons conference too. We still use a lot of spreadsheets because it's all in people's mind. We haven't had the leadership buy-in to use the tool to support us.

We don't use PPM Pro with Projectplace.

JenniferStokes
Director, Project Management at TradeStation
Its time tracking, portfolio management reporting, and what-if analysis create visibility

• "Time tracking, portfolio management reporting, and what-if analysis create visibility into project planning, resource capacity, and demand planning."
  • "The initial setup was a little complex. There is so much to customize. It'd be good to have some templates out-of-the-box."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for project portfolio management in the organization.

We are using the latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

We're still finalizing our implementation, but our hope is that it can prove our prioritization process and strategic decision-making.

We are expecting it to connect funding and strategic outcomes with work execution. For example, we are looking at planned cost versus actual cost holistically for our portfolio projects. That is the objective. We're at a place where we can finally start seeing that, and it's a good thing.

While we are still in the implementation process, the biggest impact has definitely been the visibility into time tracking, demand, and capacity planning.

What is most valuable?

• Time tracking
  • Portfolio management reporting
  • What-if analysis

These features create visibility into project planning, resource capacity, and demand planning.

The solution is reasonably flexible. We can do all sorts of customization. We can tailor it to TradeStation.

What needs improvement?

When I say the solution is moderately flexible, it's really that it takes time to configure out-of-the-box. It takes some work to implement.

Some of the visualization on the reports should be a bit more modernized. I know with the newer reporting module, this might be better. Just a bit more intuitive reporting would be great.

I would like improved integration between PPM Pro, Projectplace, and LeanKit.

We have been using it for about five months.

It's been very stable to date.

It's definitely scalable. There are a lot of opportunities to customize. It's just how you implement it. That's why we think we have to use LeanKit, because of the agile integration, which is why we're here attending the conference.

The technical support has been good to date.

We use JIRA, but we have had some challenges with using that. That's why we had to implement Planview PPM Pro.

I have a background in implementing PPM solutions and building PMOs. The company knew that we needed a visualization tool to streamline our processes.

The initial setup was a little complex. There is so much to customize. It'd be good to have some templates out-of-the-box.

We used a Planview consultant for the initial deployment who has been excellent.

Because we're still in the implementation phase, ROI is not at a 100 percent.

We have their Flex plan.

We did due diligence on a multitude of companies that offer solutions, then we narrowed it down to Planview and moved forward with it.

We evaluated six different firms, including CA Clarity, KeyedIn, and Microsoft Project Server.

The Planview customer service and sales were excellent. Support was really good. We've been very happy with it to date.

There were other solutions were a bit more cutting edge, but Plainview was more robust. We could actually build it out as we needed, e.g., the visualization, reporting, and integration.

CA Clarity has the Jaspersoft integration for reporting. Its ability to have plugins and integrate is a bit better, but we love the stability and growth potential of the Planview product.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you do good due diligence on LeanKit and the integration with JIRA. That is something that we didn't look into as much, even though it's part of our offering, and we need to understand it now better.

Projectplace is good for visualization and collaboration. It's a little tricky with how it syncs between the two. However, our plan is to have Projectplace for more of our collaboration space and PPM Pro do more of our reporting. We are looking to implement Projectplace in LinkedIn.

I would rate this solution as an eight (out of 10).

Microsoft Azure
DG
Director of Project Management at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Brings visibility into our resource utilization and project status with clients

• "Flexibility is the most valuable feature of the solution. We're able to do a lot of integrations with ConnectWise, which is another IT services tool that we use. So, we can integrate with that, and it's pretty flexible. We just went live a couple of weeks ago, but already we're able to bring visibility into our resource utilization and project status with clients."
  • "The biggest things are the status notes and internal notes. They have made some great improvements these past couple of weeks, but they are still lacking a bit. There are still a little kludgy. It just needs to be a bit more straightforward with notes, copying and pasting. They've made huge improvements, but it still could do some work. E.g., for some reason, the formatting is still looking a little bit weird on selecting different fonts."

What is our primary use case?

We provide IT services to organizations. We manage all our customer delivery projects with the tool.

We are using the latest version of the solution.

How has it helped my organization?

Before, we didn't have any visibility into the actual task. Now, we have fact tasks and time-on-task, which are very specific to the engineers. We can now look at a task, see what they have done, and what notes are around that task.

We had a strategy, and it just helped us meet it.

With our delivery, our clients can have visibility into what they are doing. It keeps the client updated on where we are at. Before, we would just hold status meetings and do notes. Now, in the status meetings, we bring up exactly what's been done and the client can see it right upfront.

The biggest impact has been the visibility that goes with getting into our task or work.

What is most valuable?

Flexibility is the most valuable feature of the solution. We're able to do a lot of integrations with ConnectWise, which is another IT services tool that we use. So, we can integrate with that, and it's pretty flexible. We just went live a couple of weeks ago, but already we're able to bring visibility into our resource utilization and project status with clients.

This system is fairly adaptable.

What needs improvement?

The biggest things are the status notes and internal notes. They have made some great improvements these past couple of weeks, but they are still lacking a bit. There are still a little kludgy. It just needs to be a bit more straightforward with notes, copying and pasting. They've made huge improvements, but it still could do some work. E.g., for some reason, the formatting is still looking a little bit weird on selecting different fonts.

We went live a couple of weeks ago.

It is very stable. I haven't had issues with stability at all.

It can grow if we need it to.

The technical support is excellent. They are knowledgeable and quick to resolve issues. The only issue I have is with offshore support: The time difference is a pain. Other than that, everyone knows what they're doing. They are friendly and helpful.

They support you and will be there at every turn. They have very technically competent people who understand the processes.

Matt (account manager), Daryl (integration), and Lena (customer success manager) have been a big help to us.

No one knew what was going on and projects weren't getting completed.

The system itself was straightforward. Our needs were complex. We did an integration with another tool ConnectWise. It is a pretty complex integration. Our requirements made it complex, but the system is straightforward. The consultants helped us with the integration. From start to finish, it took us about eight months.

We used the Planview consultant who was great. They were helpful.

We have gotten what we are looking to achieve on the solution, but we have not yet achieve monetary ROI.

We are looking at Projectplace.

We looked at a whole list of vendors, include Project Server.

We chose Planview because of their support. Another reason was we had the ability to add notes onto time entries. We are different than a lot of their customers with billing. Our notes are how we explained to the customer what we did, and that was key.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a good nine out of 10.

We are still working on how the solution’s collaborative work management will affect our operations.

We are not yet using Projectplace.

Other