Software QA Test Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reliable and allows you to create and share collections with team members

• "What is most valuable for me is that we can create and share collections between the team members."
  • "An area that needs some improvement would be to allow multiple windows with different collections to be open at the same time."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Postman for our testing and checking our API response and validations.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

An area that needs some improvement would be to allow multiple windows with different collections to be open at the same time.

It only allows you to open one with the same collection.

If we open a new Postman window, it does not allow me to have the same collection as I had in the previous window. Allowing us to have replicas of the same collection open independently would be helpful.

I would like to see if it can incorporate Jenkins integrations.

I have been using Postman for five years.

It's a stable solution. It's running well.

Scalability is not for load testing.

You cannot scale vertically. You can only scale horizontally.

I haven't contacted technical support, but they do have good documentation available online.

We are using the free version that is available.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good tool overall and quite stable.

It is mainly used for testing purposes, API responses, and validations.

MichaelDu Preez
Senior DevOps Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good for anything API-related and has a good interface

• "The interface and the different types of API methods you can use are the most valuable aspects of this solution."
  • "The pricing should be adjusted for the Pro plan."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for API testing.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The pricing should be adjusted for the Pro plan.

I have been using Postman for over a year.

It is quite stable. I don't use it quite extensively but for what I use it for it's quite stable.

At my current company there are around 2,000 users.

I haven't used technical support. The documentation is quite good. I use the Postman website and forums.

The deployment depends on what you are going to use it for. It can be simple and it can be complex at the same time.

What other advice do I have?

When it comes to anything API related, I would recommend this solution. For anything API-related, it's perfect. REST API is the way to go and I would recommend Postman for it.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

The pricing is the only improvement. Its competitors are quite pricey. But it would be nice if there were more options like annual, monthly or enterprise-level.

Hybrid Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Postman. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,407 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KD
Programmer Analyst at a university with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to manage with very good scalability

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for responses. I'm a user and work as a programmer analyst.

What is most valuable?

This is an easy solution to manage.

What needs improvement?

The solution can be confusing for first-time users so it could be made a little more user friendly. It's just click and proceed but still confusing if you haven't used it before.

I've been using this solution for three years.

No problems with stability.

The scalability is good. I've used it in a company where there were around 200 people. It's generally used by an IT team.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

This is an easy solution to manage.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for three years.

No problems with stability.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.