Postman Overview

Postman is the #1 ranked solution in our list of API Monitoring Software. It is most often compared to Apache JMeter: Postman vs Apache JMeter

What is Postman?

Postman's Tools Support Every Stage of the API Lifecycle. Through design, testing and full production, Postman is there for faster, easier API development - without the chaos.

Postman Customers
PayPal, Shopify, Microsoft, Adobe, Atlassian, Twitter, BestBuy, Coursera
Postman Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Postman pricing:
  • "We are currently using the free version, but we have plans to buy a license."
  • "We are using the free version that is available."

Postman Reviews

reviewer1369950
Software Quality Assurance Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Leaderboard
Jun 28, 2020
We can easily define the variables and it gets automatically updated

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Postman is API testing for our product. We haven't automated the request and response part yet, like how we used to do for automation scripts. Basically, we are just shooting the URL's and recording the response. As of now we have multiple API's and we are using the collection so that we can run it together in a single flow, like an automation execution. Then we use the basic variables and the collection variables. We even saw that we have some additional validation through the response code and the status code, like if there is an expired date then we should be… more »

• "The variables part is good. We can easily define the variables and we don't have to manually do a change every time, it gets automatically updated."
  • "If we have a certain build on one machine it won't work with another build even if we are using the same URL. It would give us a connection refuse. So developing environment compatibility would make it better."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten I would rate it an eight.
Elvis Duric
QA Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Nov 15, 2020
A stable solution for creating, sharing, and testing APIs

What is our primary use case?

We use Postman for testing the functionality of REST APIs. Within my organization, there were roughly five people using this solution, however, currently, I am the only person who is developing API testing tools.

• "The user-interface is very good."
  • "There needs to be more flexibility surrounding the testing of SOAP APIs."

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution. It's one of the best solutions for testing REST APIs. I had some great experiences using Postman, especially relating to REST APIs. Currently, I am in the process of learning about other tools suitable for API testing regarding SOAP APIs. On a scale from one to ten, I would give Postman a rating of eight.
Girish Khileganvi
QA Lead at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Jan 29, 2020
Offers good data-driven automation and response validation but the fields should be more organized

What is our primary use case?

Almost all the teams here depend on the APIs, which are built-in SOAP or JSON. We have multiple teams testing JSON and they use Postman. There are multiple applications teams that integrate their interfaces with APIs, and they use the Postman.

• "We can also submit requests multiple times and it allows us to capture the response each time by using utility scripts."
  • "I would like that if you click on one of the fields you should be able to see the entire row of fields, names, and values."

What other advice do I have?

The deployment is done by the development team. We have a giant scrum we follow. Development does the deployment using XL Deploy. And right now they are not using Jenkins. I would rate it a seven out of ten.
Kumara Subramanian
Director Web Technologies at Thapovan Info Systems Inc.
Nov 13, 2019
Easy to set up, and the Workspace is very helpful for working from different locations

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is Collections."
  • "I have display issues in my Windows that need to be fixed."

What other advice do I have?

I'm perfectly happy with this solution and I'm really enjoying it. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Deepanshu Joshi
Software QA Test Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Sep 23, 2020
Reliable and allows you to create and share collections with team members

What is our primary use case?

We are using Postman for our testing and checking our API response and validations.

• "What is most valuable for me is that we can create and share collections between the team members."
  • "An area that needs some improvement would be to allow multiple windows with different collections to be open at the same time."

What other advice do I have?

It's a good tool overall and quite stable. It is mainly used for testing purposes, API responses, and validations. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
MichaelDu Preez
Senior DevOps Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Apr 20, 2020
Good for anything API-related and has a good interface

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for API testing.

• "The interface and the different types of API methods you can use are the most valuable aspects of this solution."
  • "The pricing should be adjusted for the Pro plan."

What other advice do I have?

When it comes to anything API related, I would recommend this solution. For anything API-related, it's perfect. REST API is the way to go and I would recommend Postman for it. I would rate it an eight out of ten. The pricing is the only improvement. Its competitors are quite pricey. But it would be nice if there were more options like annual, monthly or enterprise-level.
reviewer1271004
Programmer Analyst at a university with 5,001-10,000 employees
Leaderboard
Sep 20, 2020
Easy to manage with very good scalability

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for responses. I'm a user and work as a programmer analyst.

What is most valuable?

This is an easy solution to manage.

What needs improvement?

The solution can be confusing for first-time users so it could be made a little more user friendly. It's just click and proceed but still confusing if you haven't used it before.

I've been using this solution for three years.

No problems with stability.

The scalability is good. I've used it in a company where there were around 200 people. It's generally used by an IT team.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this…