Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Overview

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Enterprise Infrastructure VPN tools. It is most often compared to Zscaler Private Access: Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks vs Zscaler Private Access

What is Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks?

Prisma Access provides protection straight from the cloud to make access to the cloud secure. It combines the connectivity and security you need – and delivers it everywhere you need it.

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks is also known as Palo Alto Networks Prisma Access, Prisma Access, GlobalProtect, Palo Alto GlobalProtect Mobile Security Manager.

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Buyer's Guide

Download the Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Customers

Concord Hospital, State of Colorado, Essilor International, RheinLand Versicherungsgruppe, University of Westminster, Universidade Nove de Julho, SPAR Austria, CAME Group, ZipRealty, Greenhill & Co., IKT Agder, Aviva Stadium, Animal Logic, Management & Training Corporation, Brigham Young University Hawaii, School District of Chilliwack

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks pricing:
  • "The licensing cost is about 18,000 euros."
  • "Prisma Access is a little bit expensive."
  • "This is not an expensive product and everything is included with one license."

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Reviews

Gregory Anderson
Endpoint Security Manager at Catholic Health Initiatives
Oct 6, 2020
Stable with good posture checking and relatively easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for mobile users and mainly mobile laptops. In some cases, we use the solution for cloud tenant portals in Azure. We use it to connect those back into the network.

• "It's great that we can make sure a machine meets the minimum requirements before users are allowed to log in."
  • "The solution needs to be more compatible with other solutions. This is specifically a problem for us when it comes to healthcare applications. They have proprietary connection types and things of that nature that make compatibility a challenge sometimes."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company. I'd advise others that the solution is largely based on the complexity of your environment. It's not that deployment's difficult. It's just that you want to put it where it's most efficient. You've got to take the time to figure out where your users are and how they connect and where they're connecting from. Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
Prismaccess677
Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jul 14, 2019
Good architecture, software, and interface with strong endpoint protection

What is our primary use case?

Most of our customers here in Egypt are looking for how to manage their boxes in simple ways. They want good performance as well.

• "It's very stable. Sometimes after installing the boxes, we leave them for one or two years. We would just touch the box in the case of the customer needing new requirements or changes to the setup."
  • "Their next release should provide solutions for the mobile environment."

What other advice do I have?

We had a very good experience with their solutions, especially with their endpoint protections and the next-generation firewalls. We are a local distributor in Palo Alto here in Egypt. So we propose this technology to our customers and our partners here in Egypt. Palo Alto offers very good technology and hardware. Its very good in this category of solution. You have options of providing or proposing to a customer a small box, or sometimes a mid range. It depends on the model and the deployment. I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.
Find out what your peers are saying about Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, OpenVPN and others in Enterprise Infrastructure VPN. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Prismaa677
Consultant at a political organization with 201-500 employees
Jul 2, 2019
Good interface and valuable feature set with an easy setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for firewall technologies.

• "The initial setup is very straightforward."
  • "Dependencies of applications sometimes is a bit confusing."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution. The solution really depends on your budget, of course. If you have a really low budget it's not a low budget solution, so it can really depend on the budget you have. But if you have a budget for enterprise or best of firewalls I think you should take this solution into consideration. I would rate this solution at 8.5 or 9 out of 10. No product, of course, is totally perfect and a ten is something that I don't think that exists. I think maybe it needs a bit more ease of how applications and dependencies run. Because sometimes you push a firewall rule and you get…
reviewer1321104
Head of Pre-Sales at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jan 3, 2021
It provides secure access for cloud data centers or cloud platforms and is stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use it to securely access cloud data centers or cloud platforms. If a customer has a lot of workload in the cloud, then from the Prisma Access cloud, they can create secure access to all cloud platforms.

• "The users can securely access any cloud data centers or cloud platforms. In terms of the features, it has all the features that Palo Alto Next-Generation Firewall has. It is also very stable and scalable."
  • "When it comes to the VPN, it uses the global protect VPN functionality to connect remotely, but it has a feature limitation for assigning multiple IP sub-links to different user groups. It would be much better if we are able to assign the current IP blocks for the sub-links based on the user groups."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate Prisma Access a nine out of ten.
reviewer1152024
Senior Security Architecture Specialist at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Sep 29, 2020
Stable and easy to scale, but it needs better integration with MDM

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and Prisma Access is one of the security products that we implement for our clients. We handle all products, from high-level to low-level, and we propose an end-to-end solution for each customer. I am a pre-sales architect and engineer. Prisma Access is the name of the GlobalProtect Cloud Service. Normally, it is sold to users who want to use a VPN agent.

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to join your network and provide access through the VPN."
  • "Better integration with the MDM solution would be useful."

What other advice do I have?

We have to pitch it to smaller customers. When it comes to medium-sized organizations, they are almost dedicated to a VPN solution. This is a good solution and I can recommend it, although it would be improved with better MDM integration. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
reviewer1167384
General Manager - CyberSecurity Practice at a aerospace/defense firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 27, 2020
Remote access using a zero-trust platform with easy cloud deployment

What is our primary use case?

We are a services organization at the diagnostic stage. We generally see what matches the customer's requirements. The primary use case of this solution mostly serves as remote access to the applications, and the secure access of applications both for the cloud and for their private data centers. They are mainly using the zero-trust platform, which is very commonly used right now.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the zero-trust part of this solution. This solution addresses most of our requirements.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an increase in third-party integration, in terms of identity and access management, or strong authentication.

I have been working with this…
ITSecuriae8b
IT Security at a real estate/law firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jul 18, 2019
Good user integration and technology features

• "The features I find most valuable is WildFire, user integration, and the basic technology features."
  • "I would like to see better pricing and an easier logging process. Also, if there was a way to log a global log, everything could go onto the system. It would be better if there was a third log, otherwise one would have to do everything manually."

What other advice do I have?

I will give this solution an eight out of ten rating because theoretically, I looked at a lot of other products but Palo Alto seems to be covering all aspects and I'm sure the competitors like to tell everybody they have more features, but I've not experienced it yet.
Download our free Enterprise Infrastructure VPN Report and find out what your peers are saying about Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, OpenVPN, and more!